The Chronicles of Sebastian J. Reynolds

In Character Posts

Moderator: arcanus

arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: The Chronicles of Sebastian J. Reynolds

Post by arcanus » Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:29 pm

Displaying an almost inhuman level of visual acuity, Reynolds located the Laird relatively quickly.
The stupid old duffer was helping another person up the slope on the far slide of the depression, however his opponents were closing upon him fast.

To emphasis Reynolds observations gunfire shattered the crackling of the numerous fires and nighttime silence, at which point the Laird hunkered down and began to return fire!

Reynolds
Survivor
Survivor

Post by Reynolds » Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:00 pm

Which group are closer to me?

arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by arcanus » Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:07 pm

Lord Reynolds wrote:Which group are closer to me?
GM wrote:The Armored figures!

Reynolds
Survivor
Survivor

Post by Reynolds » Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:22 pm

arcanus wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:07 pm
Lord Reynolds wrote:Which group are closer to me?
GM wrote:The Armored figures!
Is their armour powered? If so, are any hydraulic pipes visible?

arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by arcanus » Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:27 pm

Lord Reynolds wrote:Is their armour powered? If so, are any hydraulic pipes visible?
GM wrote:Looking at the armours bulk, yes they would have to be powered, you can see what appear to be reinforced rubber pipes running along the back of the limbs

Reynolds
Survivor
Survivor

Post by Reynolds » Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:32 am

Reynolds shimmied down into the dirt some more, ensuring he was out of sight and pulled his ether comm from his pocket. As he flipped it open it immediately displayed Sam's image. Nine times out of ten it would be his companion he would be calling so he'd set the device up to save himself time.
He frowned as the device quietly chimed the dialling tone.
"Come on Sammy boy, pick up old chap," he muttered into the darkness.
After several long drawn out seconds his batman finally answered.
"You pick your moments! Don't you know you shouldn't fly and use your comm at the same time?"
"There's no such bloody rule," the Viscount hissed in mock indignation.
"Sam I've spotted his Lairdship. He's under pressure at the moment so I'm going to create a distraction. McMasters is heading west so I'll try and lead the bad guys east. Some air cover would be great if you aren't otherwise occupied?"

arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by arcanus » Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:14 am

The Glasgow Express Crash Site Near Dunkeld
Looking down upon the floating battleship, Sam almost breathed a sigh of relief.
"Be right with you sir" he deftly banked the shuttle starboard and looped into the thick cloud cover below, his silent alabastor companion didn't so much as grumble with the hairpin turn. Sam levelled the craft out accelerating out into a broad arc over the thick caladonian forests, his approach skimmed the tops of the trees.

Sam's time with the marines had taught him the rudimentals of zep piloting, however it had been his tours of duty with Reynolds that had graduated him to an expert pilot, plus his love of flying.

Etheric swirls solidified into signatures ahead of them in the forest, three smaller signatures and a groups of larger signatures.
"Ahem, our targets are the larger readings"
Silently Magnos's leutenant engaged the ships weapon systems.

McMasters winced as automatic fire narrowly missed them sent chunks of tree bark flying, his adrenalin was fading his injury beginning to sap his strength, the young woman was struggling along with her bairn, the only thing that appeared in his favour was that their pursuers might be trying to take him alive. he didn't fancy her chances though!

He had no such compulsions and sent some of his remaining v-prop rounds across the woodland, destroying trees and forcing them to take cover.
He helped her down a fern covered incline and they took a moment to catch their breaths, then the world behind them turned white.

Sam watched as a section of woodland erupted in white fire, four etherically powered coil guns pumped etherium steel rounds each accelerated by the scope itself, into a select area, utterly levelling it.

'What the hell is this thing' he thought , momentarily looking around the ship, "How's that" he messaged back to Reynolds

Reynolds
Survivor
Survivor

Post by Reynolds » Sat Aug 25, 2018 1:29 pm

Reynolds blinked rapidly, trying to dismiss the huge purple splotches that now covered his vision. The heat from whatever the hell explosion that had been was intense and the noise almost deafening.
Slowly the darkness returned and he was able to make out his surroundings again.
"My Lord?" he heard Sam's slightly nervous voice inquiring over the comm device.
"It's alright Sam, I'm still here. That was one hell of a distraction!"
Reynolds peered into the darkness to survey the scene.
how much devastation did that cause. I want to know if the Laird and the woman are on the far side of the blast. Hopefully it is just the attackers and me on this side?

arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by arcanus » Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:37 am

Make a Notice Roll?

Reynolds
Survivor
Survivor

Post by Reynolds » Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:47 pm

Spot = 15+17 =32