The Chronicles of Sebastian J. Reynolds

In Character Posts

Moderator: arcanus

arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: The Chronicles of Sebastian J. Reynolds

Post by arcanus » Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:30 am

It occurred to Reynolds that Lady Magnos was undoubtedly a power, her movement was both captivating, her poise practiced and she drew or rather commanded attention when entering a room. He had encountered numerous ladies of great beauty however this was something else entirely.

Inwardly he railed against it somewhat, within social circles it was he who drew notice and commanded attention so to have someone else so naturally effect this upon him was a little alien. He glanced around noting that in addition to the alabaster man, she had a chauffeur and maid in attendance.

Sebastian refocused on conversation and watched the dynamics, Allistair and Blair walked beside Lady Magnos, Allistair chatted amiably, Blair walked protectively close to her husband, however Magnos made no effort to flirt with the big scot, presumably she felt no need to do so.

She allowed the young laird and his wife to take the lead of the party while she glided slightly back to walk beside Reynolds.
"Lord Reynolds, your enterprise The Magdallan appears to be going tremendously well?"

Reynolds
Survivor
Survivor

Post by Reynolds » Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:29 pm

A hundred different thoughts raced through Reynolds' mind, and he surprised himself how few of them were of a sordid nature!
The enigmatic Lady seemed to have played her hand early, but he doubted very much that it was done in error.
So, he guessed from that that he was likely the reason for this visit.
Why else would someone who had no interest in him take the time to look into his endeavours?

What did this mean? Were her intentions sincere or was she here to thwart whatever plans Andrew Murray may be engaging Reynolds to partake?
Reynolds silently cursed the absent Lord Pevancy for making him so paranoid.

With a smile Reynolds cocked his head to the side and cast a quizzical look in the Lady's direction. "Is it? I guess I should pay greater attention to it's affairs. It is merely an indulgence. However, I do feel terribly inadequate in that I cannot ask of your ventures, madam. You certainly have me at a disadvantage."

He darted forward and held a door open for her.

arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by arcanus » Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:23 pm

Lady Magnos nodded in acknowledgement.

The party made its way through to a drawing room, where reluctantly Blair left Allistair, Reynolds and Lady Magnos, just before the assembled got to the matter at hand a retainer appeared and whispered a message to the young Laird.

Allistair nodded his face grave as the retainer quietly relayed the news.

Magnos and Reynold's politely waited and allowed Allistair to mull over the news.

"Apologies for the interuption, my father wus meant ta be here tonight!" Both waited for him to continue
"However the train he wus upon has been attacked and derailed, he is missin!"

arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by arcanus » Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:07 pm

Near to Dunkeld
The corridor windows on the right side of the carriage shattered, McMaster's didn't flinch the inner walls of his compartment rebuffing the shrapnel.
The Laird didn't pause he quickly stepped through the door his V-prop pistol firing, the rounds appearing like green fireflies streaming through the night, his shots found their mark - explosions, screams and tearing metal.

The larger ether trails circled in on the train, their pilots concentrating fire as they landed, an armored figure flew into McMaster's carriage, the car rocking as it smashed through its wood and brass framework. Before his assailant had an opportunity to act McMaster's put three V Rounds through his helmet, as the body tumbled back through its entrance he fired again at the next ariel attacker.

He made his way to the next car, moving swiftly, the train was rocking violently now, the sounds of gunfire and screaming broke through the rushing of the wind and panicked whistle of the locomotive, the next car was a dining car, bodies lay around tables, the wounded whimpered in corners.
McMaster spun as the roof splintered and collapsed under the weight of another armored figure.

The figure resembled a modern knight in armor, hissing and clicking as its ether fueled hydraulics moved its mass of plates and mesh, its helmet enclosed with a tempered glass visor permitting its occupant visibility. The armored figure didn't pause an explosion of steam as it landed and surged forwards slamming its metal clad fist slamming into McMasters chest and propelled him the length of the carriage and into the far wall.
"Thas noo way to treat an older fella" he grumbled, picking himself up and thanked his own armor, albeit a little more discreet, he flicked some brass switches on his belt and wiped the blood from his mouth with the other. The etherium mesh throughout his under armor pulsed, thicker cables tensed, his armored opponent momentarily paused as if the mans all too quick regaining of his feet were a surprise and then thundered down the carriage.

McMasters calmly pulled on a gauntlet from his backpack, he then ducked to his right allowing his opponents momentum to smash into the carriage door and through it, he followed leaping to the next carriage and slammed his fist into the back of his attackers helmet, a discharge accompanied the punch and resulted in the sharp fatal crack of a snapped neck.

In truth he was surprised by the savagery of the attack, he paused discarding his pack after removing his ammunition and helmet, a brass affair that covered all but his mouth and chin, donning it he proceeded into the next carriage.
He immediately came under fire, repeating weapons that knocked the wind from him as he retreated and returned fire, he thanked his lucky stars they weren't using ether weapons, presumably they didn't see the need with the flight packs and armour. He on the other hand was, his vent rounds punching through heavy armor and dropping them like stones.

Then suddenly the world was spinning out of control, the train had derailed, McMasters grabbed something solid and prayed as the carriages began to tumbled out of control and the world spin around him.

arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by arcanus » Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:41 pm

Blair Castle, Blair Atholl, Scottish Highlands.
Lady Magnos was already at her feet, eyes blazing

"Gentlemen if you will permit me my Shuttle will be infinitely faster than your Zeps, shall we make haste?"

Reynolds
Survivor
Survivor

Post by Reynolds » Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:57 pm

Reynolds waited for a few moments, studying the young Laird who seemed to have become numbed by the news.
He glanced to the Lady who was now already standing and moving towards the door.
“My Lady, let us not rush into things.”
He saw her about to object, and added, “Please.”
Turning towards the man who stood silently in the corner, almost forgotten in the moment like all good servants seemed to be able to do. Reynolds fired off a series of instructions and questions.
“I need you to Fetch Mr Brocklesby. Summon Lady Blair, and then Alistair’s brother. Oh, and then come here with a map. Do it in that order, thank you”
He turned to the Lady Magnos.
“My Lady, I feel that perhaps a very quick change of clothing could be of use? Neither of us is suitably attired for a search through a Highland crash site and whatever may befall us thereafter?”
Again he added a pacifier. “The Laird will not be less missing by us taking ten minutes to prepare but may be sooner recovered if we do?”
Feeling that the Lady was a woman of action, he hoped that she would see the logic of his approach.

arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by arcanus » Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:43 pm

Lady Magnos smiled and nodded in appreciation "Wise council Lord Reynolds, although I do have a suitable change of atire aboard the shuttle, however point well made"
The servant sprang to action at Reynolds instruction

<Make a Diplomacy Roll?>

Reynolds
Survivor
Survivor

Post by Reynolds » Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:29 pm

Diplomacy 20=1 = 21 CRITICAL!!!

arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by arcanus » Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:33 pm

The assembled retainers, Magnos and Allistair almost sprang to action immediately galvanized by Reynolds command of the situation.

Sam had almost materiliased from nowhere, Reynolds stepped in following his right hand man to their quarters where he changed urgently

Reynolds
Survivor
Survivor

Post by Reynolds » Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:40 pm

I will have instructed Alistair to inform his wife and brother of the situation. He should remain at home. I would have his brother tighten security around the estate in case there should be an attack here - at the moment we do not know if their father was the target or merely just caught up in something else.
Lady Magnos was to instruct her people to ready the shuttle and await me in the lobby.