The Chronicles of Sebastian J. Reynolds

In Character Posts

Moderator: arcanus

arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: The Chronicles of Sebastian J. Reynolds

Post by arcanus » Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:44 pm

Lord Reynolds wrote:interesting... and just how is this particular peer aware of Ambrose? You say partner in crime what service to the criminal world does he perform?
GM wrote:In so much as you have a handy but unseen employee who goes by the moniker of Ambrose and can be useful......
His Lordship being a military man of real service and experience is acquainted with the necessities of life.....
After a short while the black doors swing open, the first member of the household to present itself is the large black nose of an Scots deer hound sniffing the air. A very large man in a bonet, Clan Murrey of Atholl Tartan Kilt and two industrial brass cybernatic arms completely the assemble, stands very literal baring the way.

"Lord Reynolds" says the mountainous butler known as Bhaic "Wit brings you so far north?"

Reynolds
Survivor
Survivor

Post by Reynolds » Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:56 pm

Reynolds first bends to ruffle the dog's head then glances back over his shoulder once more and nods towards the bag of clubs Sam is slinging over his shoulder.
"Golf, apparently, Bhaic! How are you, by the way? His Grace not running you ragged, I hope?" He smiles pleasantly at the butler as he steps inside the cool but well lit keep.

arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by arcanus » Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:35 pm

The big Scotsman smirked "Am no bad Yer Lordship, ar you alright with thar heavy bag of clubs Sam"
Sam breathed through his teeth "Fine"
Bhaic chuckled "His Lordships not in right noo, the younger Lordships are in residence Lord Reynolds"

arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by arcanus » Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:46 am

Blair Castle, Blair Atholl, Scottish Highlands.
A great hall opened before the Englishmen, the chamber roughly circular its original medieval stonework rising into a tall rib vaulted roof.

Several smaller hearths supported the great fireplace at the rear of the hall as it turned from being an entrance to the gathering place for the Clan, Elk and bear heads silently watched from their mounts, no pictures or portraits adorned the walls instead Murray clan tapestries, the Jolly Jack and St Andrews Cross took pride of place.

Despite the balmy summer evening the stonework kept the hall cool, a valet in the form of a clansman stood at the base of the interior entrance steps invisibly summoned, Sam handed their bags over and he hurried off.

Reynolds attention was drawn to the sound of heels clicking on the the stonework of the corridor in the halls east wall, as if summoned by their arrival another resident of the house a tall rangy man with dark red hair entered the hall. Dressed in a smart black tartan suit, peering through a cloud of bluish cigarette smoke sharp eyes settled upon Reynolds.

"Like a loathsome bad penny!" Lord Callan Murray, Second Heir Apparent to the Dukedom of Atholl and Clanship of Murray sniped

Reynolds
Survivor
Survivor

Post by Reynolds » Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:36 am

Reynolds supressed a grin and also the urge to slap the man.
“Oh, I don’t know Callan, you’re not that bad!” he said allowing just a little mockery in his tone.
He quickly turned his back on the young man, while still being aware where he was.
Taking one of the heavy bags from Sam he nodded to Bhaic and said, “We’ll get ourselves settle before meeting His Grace.”

arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by arcanus » Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:32 pm

GM wrote:Make a Bluff or Intimidation Roll?
Lord Reynolds wrote:Intimidation: 11+6= 17. It was said in a slightly mocking, slightly joking tone but at the end of the day his childish grumbling just pisses Reynolds off
Looking at Reynolds, Bhaic nodded quietly "Thas way gentlemen" he said quickly and led the two Englishmen across the hall and towards an archway through the north wall.

As Reynolds made to leave he noted his repartee had found its mark, despite the younger Lairds best efforts to conceal his reaction his face smouldered with resentment. Stepping through the archway they entered an exterior corridor the roof of which was an domed leadened glass affair running the length of the north east wall, to the north tower.

arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by arcanus » Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:18 pm

They were accommodated in the North Tower, their apartment leading out onto the spacious balcony roof of the north round tower.

While Sam decanted their accoutrements of travel Sebastian freshened up, changed and made his way out onto the balcony taking in the Highland air.

Irritably he stopped himself from scratching his arm, and then found himself distracted by someone walking over his grave, a breeze blowing directly in his face and making the hairs on his neck stand upon end.

From a stone stair way running up the inner wall of the wall below a large fellow appeared, the older son of Andrew, Alistair.
He smiled upon seeing Reynolds "Seb how r ye keeping"?

arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by arcanus » Sat Feb 11, 2017 4:48 pm

The Clansman,Highland Express - Edinburgh to Dunkeld
Twilight settled across the lower highlands, Sir McMasters clicked the lid of his Ethercom closed, his man was to meet him at the end of the line at Dunkeld with the Zepcar. He disliked spending too long in the infernal flying machines, far preferred the trusty steel of the locomotive

The Steward returned with his order of tea and cake, waiting for for the Royal Edinburgh employee to finish laying out the silver service and depart he returned to the documents in his confidential wallet.
Adjusting his nez piece he rubbed his eyes before resuming his scanning of the information, the question was how was Sebastian's arrival linked to Kinross and his activities both in Edinburgh and to the North.

An hour passed before he allowed his tired eyes some rest looking out into the almost darkness of the night, they were two thirds of the way to Dunkeld by now, suddenly he was awake, instinct told him something was amiss. He shuffled along the baroque pattern maroon velvet seats and as subtlety as possible drew the curtains, he then proceeded to switch the carriage lanterns off.

His sixth sense rarely let him down, taking his goggles from his travel bag he stood and peered through the curtain 'Damn I hate it when I'm right'
he mentally chastised himself as he picked out ether trails in the sky, luminescent green trails looping in towards the train.

"It would be a rare treat if I can catch a wee break occasionally" he mumbled to himself, buckling his holster and then checking his pistol.

Reynolds
Survivor
Survivor

Post by Reynolds » Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:17 am

Reynolds smiled at his visitor as he approached and shook his hand warmly.
“Good evening Alistair. I am fine, thank you, a little stiff from the journey but that's to be expected. I take it you are well?”
The Baron glances towards the sky as a bird, an eagle maybe, swoops majestically across his line of sight.
“More to the point, my friend, how is your lovely wife? The baby must be due soon, if I recall? Congratulations on the impending fatherhood, by the way.”

arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by arcanus » Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:31 pm

Alistair smiled "Aye I'm fine and the bairn will be with us soon enough, ah I see you encountered Callan"
The younger Lord looked out over the Highlands catching the Eagle circle "Father is on the late train, so we're eating with Blair tonight!"