The Chronicles of Sebastian J. Reynolds

In Character Posts

Moderator: arcanus

arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: The Chronicles of Sebastian J. Reynolds

Post by arcanus » Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:44 pm

As Reynolds returns to the lobby an argument has started between Allistair and his brother.
He quickly deduces that Callum dislikes being told what to do by the interloper and Allistair really isn't in the mood.
Stepping off to one side Allistair looks grave "I'd really prefer to accompany you Seb?"

Reynolds
Survivor
Survivor

Post by Reynolds » Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:54 pm

Reynolds nods understandably, but casts the older brother a regretful look.
"I know you would, my friend. And I guess I would too. But we have no idea what has happened or is happening. If your father was the subject of the attack and has somehow escaped he may come here by his own means. He's a wily old goat, your father and not unlikely to have been so resourceful."

He fastens the zipper of his jacket and pulls a flat cap onto his head.

"I promise you that I will summon you if I think you will be needed."

Reynolds turns momentarily to Lady Magnos. "My Lady, perhaps we could leave your pilot here and he could fly Allistair to us in my zep I we so require?
Mr Brocklesby can fly the shuttle?"
He glanced at Sam questioningly and was grateful to receive a not in the affirmative.

arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by arcanus » Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:12 pm

Reluctantly Allistair conceded with a nod "Aye makes sense"
"You canna be serious!" splutters Callum, who is silenced by a murderous look from his older brother.
"Seb, take this, you'll no know what ye facin" Allistair hands Reynold's a small suitcase type case

With that the trio hurry to Magnos's shuttle, with her ladyships quick direction he is quickly acquainted with the controls, Magnos fastens her belt as the craft lifts off from the courtyard floor, banks to its starboard and then soars at an almost vertical incline up into the night sky.
Magnos Ship.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Reynolds
Survivor
Survivor

Post by Reynolds » Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:14 pm

As Sam finally brings the shuttle back to level flight he turns to face Reynolds, a child like grin upon his face.
"Oh, mate! You have got to get me one of these!"
Shaking his head the Viscount chuckled.
"Just get us there in one piece, my friend, and I'll consider it!"
Reynolds release his belt and went forward to peer out into the dark night sky.
"Do you know which way we need to go?"
Sam nodded. "Aye," he said in a poor Scottish accent. "I've got this!"
Reynolds gave his friend a pat on the shoulder. "Good man."
Then he turned and strolled back to where Lady Magnos was sitting.
"Right, my dear! Shall we get you out of those clothes?"
He raised a quizzical eyebrow and flashed cheeky smile.

arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by arcanus » Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:11 pm

Lady Magnos stands from her seat equally unaffected by the speed of the fast Zep, her face one of mock indignation and amusement, framed by an arched eyebrow. She turns with an elegant swirl and makes her way to the lower deck stairwell and vanishes.

"Force to be reckoned with that one" chuckles Sam without turning
GM wrote:Charisma Roll?

Reynolds
Survivor
Survivor

Post by Reynolds » Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:35 pm

well, seem to be getting some good rolls at mo.... Charisma roll = 20 (crit) +1 = 21

arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by arcanus » Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:05 pm

Near to Dunkeld
The crash site was a long mass of tangled wood and steel, the latter carriages had survived relatively unscathed although many turned onto their sides before grinding to a halt, the forward cars on fire after the locomotives twin crowns had ruptured and exploded.

Armored figures combed the wreckage, McMaster's came to having been thrown some distance from the train it seemed his armor had spared him significant injury, although he winced as his cursory examination revealed a shard of wood stuck in his side.
He vomited, expelling the contents of his stomach, cleared his mouth and looked around, he watched as the armored marauders silenced any survivors with a bullet to the head 'Murderous Bastards' he mentally cursed.

Pulling himself into the shadow of half a carriage thrown several hundred feet from the main train and track, there were a good twenty of them and they were fanned out, their efforts seemed to be concentrated on the rear stock cars however they were still checking the bodies of passengers.

He didn't have long the small group detailed to hunting presumably him or another specific target were heading his way, painfully he scrabbled out of his cover keeping the carriage between him and the marauders, every movement tore his side as the small stake throbbed, he collapsed into the long grasses bordering the plain and breathed a sigh of short term relief.

arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by arcanus » Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:47 am

The Glasgow Express Crash Site Near Dunkeld
The Laird winced as he slowly withdrew the wooden shard from his side, biting down hard on a chunk of wadding he pinched the skin together and cleaned the wound with antiseptic from his bag, then sealed it closed with physicians glue.
Releasing the smashed lenses from this goggles, he discarded them and replaced them with spares, fortunately his rucksack was made of the same armored mesh as his body suit and cushioned the majority of his gear, nausea washed over him, vomit rising in his mouth as he took stock.

They were on the fens about 10 miles south west of Lock Cally, he was hidden in the reeds at the base of a forested hill, if he pressed on he should be able to make his way into the thick trees and lose the murderous attackers, 'Right little to be gained from hangin aroond here!" he thought
It was then that the ether cells in his goggles completed their refill and his night-vision returned, with it the sight of a passenger struggling not more than 50 feet from his position and only 30 feet in front of the marauders picking through the far thrown wreckage.
'Goddarn it MacMasters' he mentally admonished himself 'There's no ye can do, time to head away!'

It was then he heard the cry of a baby from the same position "Ye canna be serious" he cursed silently and looked with annoyance at the heavens

arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by arcanus » Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:31 pm

The Glasgow Express Crash Site Near Dunkeld
The marauders leader stood near the main body of the crash and the majority of his men combing through the wreckage.
Small groups of his gun metal powered armored men searched the further afield carriages silencing those passengers unfortunate enough to have survived the crash.
Clad in jet black powered armor he acknowledged the approach of two of his subordinates his chief technician and his second in command
The tech spoke first "They've armored the inners o the freight carriages sir, we cuttin through but it'll take a while longer!"
"Fast o ye can Stewart, we hav'ne much time afore the authorities or railroad get wind, we must have the cargo!", the tech nodded and ran back to the overturned carriages where his techs were firing up cutting torches
Watching the techs start cutting and then turned to his second "McMasters?"
"No sign yet!" she replied
"Find him, its ta much o a coincidence he's on the same train as ta cargo!"
"Sir" she nodded and started to march off, both spun as shouts and screams pierced the night

"Ah suppose they werent goin ta make it, all those months o buildin in Falkirk" the Laird grumbled, he had produced a sturdy leather case which opened into a brass console, complete with small green glass lights, gold dials and switches.
He flicked several switches, watched the green diodes flare, he looked up to gauge where the nearest marauders where, getting uncomfortably close to the babies carriage, he then slowly turned the dials and tapped a series of commands on the small gold keys.
Across the fen he heard the ear splitting creak of twisting metal, he drew a small tube, depressed a switch and aimed "Here goes nothin!"

A huge metal fist punched through the wall of its freight carriage the automaton was at least ten feet tall, resembling a bird like suit of plate mail armor. The marauders opened fire however the mechanical man surged forward steam and ether powering through it, with a sweep of its arm it sent three of the powered armored figures flying and slammed its fist down onto the fourths head snapping its neck.

The leader watched eyes wide in horror, as the automaton broke two more of his men and picked up their carbines, he turned as he heard a whoosh of energy to see a beam of pure etheric fire engulf two of his search teams.

James McMasters, Earl of Atholl charged from his cover, he ignored the pain surging through his side, he scrambled to the carriage, the young woman whimpered, clutching her baby her leg pinned by a twisted beam. He grabbed a bar, jammed it under the beam and put its back into it, as the beam lifted he looked down expectantly, the woman just looked at him fearfully.
"WELL COMMON LASS, MOVE YER BLOODY ASS!"

The leader opened fire on the automaton, it was tumbling now, it had sustained heavy fire which had ruptured pipes and hydraulics, he briefly looked around and spotted movement across the fen.
"THERE HE BOOMED" and turned his fire on the overturned carriage on the far side of the clearing

The young woman yelped in pain, her the flesh on her skin flayed by the metal, McMaster's released the beam with a crash, then ducked as gunfire hit the other side of the carriage "Well her goes nowt" he breathed, twisting the dials on the console.

With a heavy clunk the automaton went still, its chest plate falling open revealing its scope portal, raw ether began to seep out of the now open aperture, within moments the ether started consuming the oxygen and then ignited sending beams of destructive energy across the crash site.

arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin

The Chronicles of Sebastian J. Reynolds

Post by arcanus » Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:40 pm

Lady Magnos Zep Cruiser
Reynold's moved with the sway of the ship as Sam swung the cruiser downwards in a sharp arc, as the ship rocketed forward they saw flashes of light from over the next hill.