In Character Posts

Moderator: arcanus

arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin

The Chronicles of Harry Lacotte

Post by arcanus » Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:58 am

The Stepney Sewer Kingdom - South West Border Tunnels
A thick fog drifted ominously through the sewer tunnels, a mixture of trapped steam vapour escaping the generators within the Sewer Kingdom and rank methane rising from the fetid waters. The youth of all but 17 years of age stooped within a stone recess lining the tunnel wall, despite efforts to be silent the intruders had betrayed faint telltale sounds.

Lance was about to move when a huge calloused hand reached from the mist and gently pushed him back into his cover, despite its owners size his cursory glance revealed no trace of the humanoid predator that stalked this stretch, he did as he was silently told, to err was to incur a hard slap for insolence.

The large form of Harry Lacotte loomed from the murky unpleasant shadows quietly to the right side of Lance, and it seemed to the lad that the unsightly and fiercely intimidating man sniffed the air. Lacotte’s red eyes narrowed with intent. The stink of the raw sewage and human poverty could not mask the scent of the unknown intruders to this filthy underworld which he and the lad amongst many others called home.
Harry wrote:Spot of 14
Both figures shrank back into the gloom, as the silent interlopers moved cautiously forwards.
Harry watched as the short figures clearly Gammas dragged another Gamma brutally along the sewer ledge, they had the Stepney Sovereign bound and gagged, viscious gashes adorned his head, his faced puffed out in purple blotches.

They carried a ragtag collection of weapons, long knives, short spears and a homebrewed blundebus, almost certainly a rival kingdoms scouts.

Lance glanced back at the hulking form, barely visible as little else than a silhouette in the steam bath like mists.
He shuddered clearly visible were Lacottes red tinted eyes, it would not be the last time he would be refered to as a demon or the devil himself.

Lacotte concentrated allowing the sounds of the sewers, the waters and echos from its walls to betray his quarry, even those hidden from his vantage point.
They were quiet he gave them that, but not quiet enough as their faint footsteps betrayed that there was around ten or so as well as their prisoner, reflections in the water confirmed his earlier assessment that they were Gammas, a raiding party from Lambeth no doubt.
Arcanus wrote:(Make a Hide roll?)
Harry wrote:Hide of 13
Despite their Kingdom origins, the raiding parties movements are clumsy!
Turning Lacotte notes a figure slip noisily from the fetid waters onto his side of the tunnel.

The short figure then proceeds to creep down the ledge towards Lance's hiding place seemingly unaware of Harry's presence.
Harry's eyes narrowed, as a second figure slid from the water, but this time to Lance's flank, again although this figure was approaching Lacotte's side, he seemed unaware of him, so far!

Harry Lacotte
Survivor
Survivor

Post by Harry Lacotte » Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:54 pm

What are the two interlopers armed with?
How far have the 10+ moved up the sewer tunnels?
From my position, does it seem that the two have noticed Lance and are trying to get a drop on him?
Spot x3 of 17, 12, 16.

arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by arcanus » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:49 pm

Harry Lacotte wrote:What are the two interlopers armed with?How far have the 10+ moved up the sewer tunnels?
From my position, does it seem that the two have noticed Lance and are trying to get a drop on him?
Spot x3 of 17, 12, 16.
Arcanus wrote:From appearances knives and clubs, firearms are not that common among the rank and file in the Sewer Kingdoms.
They have moved to the next bend in the tunnel.
Your not sure on whether they have spotted Lance or whether they're simply searching the sewer.

arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by arcanus » Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:38 am

Arcanus wrote:
Make a Hide, Spot and Attack rolls?
Harry wrote:Attack Rolls: 24 & 20, Hide Rolls: 15 & 1, Spot Rolls: 20 & 15

arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re:

Post by arcanus » Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:28 pm

The Stepney Sewer Kingdom - Border Tunnels.
A vicious grin crossed the face of the furthest Sewer Rat, Harry's eyes narrowed suspecting that the vermin had spotted Lance.
A filthy blade emerged from his garments as he crept closer, before he reached the boy a huge hand reached from the mist grabbing the Gammas head and with a sickening pop twisted his head completely the opposite way.

At the last moment Harry realised that he'd exposed his flank to the other Loon, however fortune was with him as the stalker sprang to attack but completely misjudged her leap, jabbing her short spear with almighty precision into the Victorian brickwork of the tunnel, where it firmly stuck.

Harry released a savage grin, exposing his fangs before the sewer mist enveloped his position.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Harry Lacotte
Survivor
Survivor

Re: The Chronicles of Harry Lacotte

Post by Harry Lacotte » Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:56 pm

Swiftly, Harry will grab the Loonette by the throat with one hand (crushing slightly to prevent any sound from her) and with a punch to the left arm and an elbow to the right will attempt to deaden both her arms to prevent her attacking him with a weapon (basically knockout blows to the limbs)
Balance roll of 17 (+2 to skill)
Grapple roll of 23
Counter Punch (as the loon missed me) 28
'Tryin' to stick me eh?' he sneered quietly with contempt at the Loon as he raised her so her feet were off the floor.
Intimidation of 10
'I think it's time you spilled your guts about what you are doing here, or else I will spill your guts an’ make sausages.....'

Harry raises his free hand from which long razor sharp claws extend slowly from the tips of his fingers, as his eyebrows juddered as if they have a life of their own.
Intimidation of 25

arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by arcanus » Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:01 pm

Harry Lacotte wrote:
Swiftly, Harry will grab the Loonette by the throat with one hand (crushing slightly to prevent any sound from her) and with a punch to the left arm and an elbow to the right will attempt to deaden both her arms to prevent her attacking him with a weapon (basically knockout blows to the limbs)
Balance roll of 17 (+2 to skill)
Grapple roll of 23
Counter Punch (as the loon missed me) 28
Intimidation of 10
Intimidation of 25
The blows are surgical in their delivery, twisting every way she can the Gamma Girl can't escape as both her limbs are deadened, the counter blow blasts the wind from his lungs, powerless as Harry steps forward and lofts her into the air.
Groaning in pain, she looks up, her eyes widen to the point of bursting as thick almost reptillian claws, designed for little else but the primal disection of flesh.

For what seems like a long time the crocodile has well and truly got her tongue, Lance took the lead
"Look luv, e's really pissed, e really don't take kindly to people tryin to stick im, he's worse if they fluff it up"
She stammers, trying desperately to get her vocal cords to respond before she finally forces some words out.
"We were meant to snatch as many Sovs as poss" she blurts

Harry grimaced, snatching raids they called them, where raiding parties from each kingdom kidnapped Gammas from each side, more often than not them ransomed them back for goods or coin, if the Kingdoms were being less than civil, then they weren't so lucky.
But that didn't explain why they'd encroached on his turf, normally if was off limits to both kingdoms, despite being on the borders of the Sovereigns.
"Cept this is a bit more int it lady" said Lance
Harry gave him an appreciative nod, the boy was getting his wits together these days
Again her eyes widened, cold fear had seized her "I don't know anyfing else, you'd afta ask Leon"
"Oos Leon" snarls Lance
"Es our unit leader" she whimpers

Sniffing the air Harry could still smell them, a mixture of bravado and fear, the cold sinking fear of the captives and the excited fear of the capturers, moving up the tunnels, curiously further away from Loon territory and running parallel to the Sovereigns tunnels.

Harry Lacotte
Survivor
Survivor

Post by Harry Lacotte » Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:59 pm

Flying on a free flight
Driving all night
With my machinery
'Cause I, I got the power
Any hour
To show the man in me
I got reputations
Blown to pieces
With my artillery
Whoa ho
I'll be guided in
We'll be ridin'
given what you got to me
Don't you struggle
Don't you fight
Don't you worry
'Cause it's your turn tonight

Let me put my love into you, babe
Let me put my love on the line
Let me cut your cake with my knife

Oh, Like a fever
Burning faster
You spark the fire in me
Crazy feelings
Got me reeling
They got me raising steam
Don't you struggle
Don't you fight
Don't you worry
'Cause it's your turn tonight
Yeah

Let me put my love on the line
Let me give it all
Let me give it all
To you, to you
Give it all

Let Me Put My Love into You
. : ACDC 1980

'Looks like I'm going to have to make an example of this 'Leon' and his gang.' he sneered at the 'girl' before he increased the pressure slightly to her windpipe. The girl lapsed into unconsciousness.

Dropping the Loon slowly to the ground, he turned to Lance.

'Tie 'er arms behind her back.' Harry snapped quietly as he threw a coil of rope at Lance and dragged the spear out of wall beside him.

''An with the left overs; string up ol' owl neck there.' gesturing to the cooling corpse. 'I think the usual warning note will do'.
I take it in this sewer there is the main 'water' way with stone walkways either side? How deep is the water? Will it serve to be able to swim unnoticed?
What shortcuts do I know to be able to ambush them at different points along their predicted path?
Street Influence 2 (roll of 15)

arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by arcanus » Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:33 pm

Lance quickly sets to work tightly binding the gamma girl and sets to his gruesome task, kicking away several brave gator rats, eager to pick at the cooling corpse.
"Not yet he hisses, at least let me string im up"
Harry Lacotte wrote:I take it in this sewer there is the main 'water' way with stone walkways either side? How deep is the water? Will it serve to be able to swim unnoticed?
Arcanus wrote:This is one of the main tributary tunnels, the water is at least 4 feet deep, deepening to sometimes up to 10 at flush points so yes easier for you to swim.
Harry Lacotte wrote:What shortcuts do I know to be able to ambush them at different points along their predicted path?
Harry Lacotte wrote:Street Influence 2 (roll of 15)
Arcanus wrote:Yes you know several tunnels which would intercept the hunting party, a couple that Lance and yourself have camoflaged.

Harry Lacotte
Survivor
Survivor

Post by Harry Lacotte » Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:42 am

Harry whiffled the air; and between the scents of death and filth he realised that his prey's scent was growing fainter.

'Sod It.' he whispered to Lance. 'Leave the corpse where it is and go back to our gaff and get my shooters 'an a few other 'tools'. Drop the bitch off somewhere out of the way 'an meet me at 'Box Junction', intersection 7B-A2-01. Got it?'

Harry dropped into the water which at this point rose up to his waist.

'Make haste though, Box Junction should give us an advantage. See you there.'

And with that he propelled himself forward and dove under the water.
Swimming of 27