Show Time

Fiction from within the Imperialistic World of Prime Reality and the Scope.

Moderator: arcanus

arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin

Show Time

Post by arcanus » Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:11 pm

May 1984 – The Palace of Light, The Imperial Capital London.
The central dome of the Palace of light covered 4 Square miles, large enough to seat ten thousand people, it rose like a resplendent bubble from the centre of the largest green house in the world, a concentric ring surrounded the dome also constructed of golden etherium tempered glass this ring covered a further 8 square miles an immense exhibition hall containing a zoo, an aquarium and museums alongside the huge exhibition halls showcasing the human marvels of innovation, notably the achievements of the Great British Empire.

Finally the Palace of Light was completed by a series of smaller domes containing exotic parks and gardens, the combined space of the domes covered a further 8 square miles, the entirety of the structure dominating some thirteen thousand acres.

The palace had been constructed following the fire in 1937 that had destroyed the second Crystal Palace, Churchill had been unwilling for this portent to signify an ill wind for the Empire or such a loss to the memory of Queen Victoria and Prince Albert, so the greatest structure in the World was started.
Rumours abounded that the fire had been started as an act of sabotage, part of the workers uprising that was so brutally suppressed in the Great Metropolis to the north.
In fact part of Churchill’s fury at the workers was said to originate from the destruction of the palace.

A project that would take some 30 years to be completed, millions of pounds and thousands of lower class residents relocated from the Bromley District of South London.

The palace had been constructed following the fire in 1937 that had destroyed the second Crystal Palace, Churchill had been unwilling for this portent to signify an ill wind for the Empire or such a loss to the memory of Queen Victoria and Prince Albert, so the greatest structure in the World was started.
Rumours abounded that the fire had been started as an act of sabotage, part of the workers uprising that was so brutally suppressed in the Great Metropolis to the north.
In fact part of Churchill's fury at the workers was said to orginate from the destruction of the palace.

A project that would take some 30 years to be completed, costing millions of pounds and thousands of lower class residents relocated from the Bromley District of South London.

arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin

Show Time

Post by arcanus » Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:20 pm

May 1984 – The Palace of Light, The Imperial Capital London.
The central dome filled with the symphony of the aria, the notes ascending upwards into the majesty of the golden scope forged glass.
Despite the vast number of seats, virtually all were full, dignitaries numbered among the masses.

Victoria Mercy’s voice climbed to the high notes before finishing, with a dramatic flourish she swept her shawl into a courtesy and then into a full bow, the audience rose quickly to their feet, the clapping tremendous she even received some whistles.

L'Opéra Bastille, Paris
Across the Channel another performer similarly received rapturous applause, the elfin form of Raphael Sephirol bowed deeply and swept through the curtain towards the dressing room complex.
Stepping into the old but opulent quarters he washed the sheen of sweat from his face before stepping into the lounge part of the dressing room, he smiled seeing Herr Edikt Kolf the man from BMG, his record company.

His agent Damien Surane stood awaiting him to sit, the final members of their little assemble was the ever present Herr Brochs, Kolf’s valet and Jean Paul Gernale the manager of L'Opéra Bastille.

“A flawless performance Herr Sephirol” started Kolf, Raphael nodded in thanks, the meeting was to discuss revised and somewhat improved terms to his contract, Sephirol had established himself as one of the foremost tenors within the Reich, it was important for BMG to hold onto him and keep their rising star happy.

They exchanged small talk while sipping Pinot noir until Kolf settled into his business face.
“So Raphael your contract” Sephirol smiled expectantly
“In our quest to broaden your audience we have decided a new direction for you”
Raph frowned lacking comprehension
“What does that mean” he replied
“We’re selling your contract to United Artists” replied Kolf
“There moving into The Reich” interjected Surane in his thick Avignon accent
“Not quite” replied Gernale
“They want you in America” said Kolf
“WHAT” roared Raphael
“This is outrageous” responded Surane “This is how you treat your stars”
Kolf looked non plussed tapping out a cigarette “It’s just business Raphael, you understand, United are looking for Classical talent”
“I do not want to go to America or its Spires, I AM THE DARLING OF PARIS” he thundered
“Don’t be difficult Raphael, we don’t want this to be awkward” purred Kolf, who Surane noticed seemed to be enjoying the exchange
“I will not go” responded Raph resolutely, he had now stood and moved to the mantelpiece
Broch had stepped forward in response, Kolf and Gernale stood, the former straightening his waistcoat
“That is most regrettable, I shall inform United Artists and The Council L’Opera” with that they departed, leaving a decidedly menacing chill to the room.

arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin

Show Time

Post by arcanus » Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:21 pm

La Tour Mercure, The Bank of the River Seine, Paris
“BATARD” raged Jeviene Pacienne
“QU'EST-CE” roared Raphael Sephirol in response, he then quickly ducked to avoid an expensive vase from colliding with his head, instead the posh ceramic sailed over the balcony and descended some 60 floors towards the River Seine.
He turned back from watching it plummet to receive several slaps to the face, and again stared at his beautiful if not psychotic girlfriend, stared at her in disbelief.
In reply she scratched his face "Êtes-vous fou" he said in a state of shock.
Although Raphael was adamant he wasn't going to the land of bloody colonials, he had thought it best to run it by Jeviene, unfortunately he'd neglected to take into account the ballerinas explosive temper coupled with unbridled jealousy.
Which was ridiculous as she made Parisian models appear mundane, "ASSEZ" he bellowed and caught her hand, in an effort to prevent her from striking him again he shoved her which send her reeling across the luxury apartment.

<In French> "Will you stop it, I don't want to go to America I was just seeing how you felt" he hissed with exasperation
She pouted at him darkly "So you don't want to leave me for some American whore!"
"Of course not" he sighed, and wondered if an American whore would be less work
"LIAR" she scream, his eyes widened, "You ave already found an American whore"
"Oh sweet Jesus" he grumbled as she hurtled into the master bedroom, the door slamming hard enough to shake the room.
Raph took a deep breath, poured himself a cognac and drank it down he felt the tension drain from him, with that he took his cloak and top hat from the hook and went for a walk, he'd allow her to calm down or fall asleep either would sooth the storm.

arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin

Show Time

Post by arcanus » Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:37 pm

The New York Spire City
No light invaded the expansive office, only the midnight blue pallor of night cast its shadow across the room.
Sat within the darkness a robust man snarled at his Scope Point, within seconds he had connected his Ethercom
“Mr Kolf this is unacceptable, a deals a deal, who the fuck does this little prima donna think he is”
His err rose as he listened to the bullshit consolatory explanations that arose.
“Kolf cut the crap, he’s property, more importantly he’s my property, now rattle some Kraut cages higher up and get me my songbird or I will!”
With that he disconnected and glowered in the darkness.