IC - Legwork

This is the area for all Terrestrial In Character Posts.

Moderators: arcanus, Curren, Drake, Otto, Black

Black
Runner
Runner

Post by Black » Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:05 am

Spoof = 18 15 9 7 5 5 5 4 4 3 3 3 2 2 = 11 Hits

Curren
Magi
Magi

Post by Curren » Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:35 am

Curren nodded with approval and comprehension at the screen.
'Now thats very helpful indeed!' He enthused as he strode up and down gauging his thoughts.

'We now have the base information to work on now.' he thought.
Are there maps provided with this document Arcanus/Black? Maps that give the information on the subjects last known location before the signals were lost? Where they live etc? I have a few ideas thats all. This includes a requirement for maps of the undergroud sewerage systems of the target areas.
What knowledge do I have on the astral locale of where these abductions were supposed to have occurred (Without me having to project)? I may have answered my own question here but its worth a try.

arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by arcanus » Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:40 pm

Black wrote:Spoof = 18 15 9 7 5 5 5 4 4 3 3 3 2 2 = 11 Hits
Edritch Fire burned in the virtua air before the mechanical skeleton, as Necron keyed in his false code.
Its metallic form shuddered as the monolith resisted the intrusion, Necron felt a burning intrusion into its core, a snarl escaped its skeletal jaw.
GM wrote:Logic+Shields Roll.
The robot knight turned its unwelcome gaze, scrutinizing the visitor, almost eager to unleash its code power upon a potential intruder.
GM wrote:Logic+Chameleon (Disguise. etc??)
Curren wrote:Are there maps provided with this document Arcanus/Black? Maps that give the information on the subjects last known location before the signals were lost? Where they live etc? I have a few ideas thats all. This includes a requirement for maps of the undergroud sewerage systems of the target areas.
A virtua map flashed up on the paper thin screen, showing the Google Terra Map with the locations overlaid.
Necrons servant sprite acknowledged Angel and informed him that the sewer maps were restricted to secure civic engineering LTGs.
Curren wrote:What knowledge do I have on the astral locale of where these abductions were supposed to have occurred (Without me having to project)? I may have answered my own question here but its worth a try.
GM wrote:Currently you have no detailed info on Oaklands astral terrain or the abduction locales.

Curren
Magi
Magi

Post by Curren » Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:04 pm

Currently you have no detailed info on Oaklands astral terrain or the abduction locales.
Ok. In astral terms, how fast is my ascelerity? And how easy would it be for someone/thing to be able to perceive and identify me in astral space due to my increased speed? Also do I still have the give away trail that supposedly leads back to my body?
Also I would have looked into any rumours/accounts of magical activity in the Oaklands area; to ascertain how many magically awakened beings/people have been documented. The web, newspapers etc.
Also, how difficult would it be for me to be able to change my astral echoes to appear like some other entity? Not Masking.

arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by arcanus » Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:22 pm

Curren wrote:Ok. In astral terms, how fast is my ascelerity? And how easy would it be for someone/thing to be able to perceive and identify me in astral space due to my increased speed? Also do I still have the give away trail that supposedly leads back to my body?
Accelerity is governed by your Metaskill success with a maximum increase of your GOI, so currently Curren can boost his astral speed to a maximum of 12000 mph, his threshold would be 9 to achieve this, with a Drain Code of 5+Rounds Sustained.
Also I would have looked into any rumours/accounts of magical activity in the Oaklands area; to ascertain how many magically awakened beings/people have been documented. The web, newspapers etc.
Arcanus wrote:Make Arcana+Street Ett Roll?
Also, how difficult would it be for me to be able to change my astral echoes to appear like some other entity? Not Masking.
Baring a spell it can only be done via Masking, however mana based Illusions work upon the Astral Plane.

Black
Runner
Runner

Post by Black » Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:08 pm

As day turned into night and the light faded, Black listened in to the feed from the bug he'd placed in Eddie's apartment. The trideo was on, still, keeping the morose man company, but otherwise the place was quiet, with only the occasional forlorn meow from Miranda's cat.
"I know, buddy, I know," was the typical response from the grieving man.
Deep within Black's soul a mote of pity stirred. It was still not an emotion the elf was comfortable with. It had the effect of messing with your mind, distracting you from the task at hand.
Dismissing it as irrelevant, and not wishing to give the emotion any more to feed on, he severed the remote link with the transmitter.

Angel was busy talking with some woman called Karen on his phone, whilst Drake was sitting half watching some inane sit-com and at the same time manipulating all the spare metal he could get his hands on in the apartment into a swirling ball that floated a half metre above the coffee table. A makeshift effigy of the thing the small man called his god.
"It's all here," Drake said defensively to Black's accusing stare. "I'll put it all back!"
Black said nothing, but the look shouted 'you'd better!'.
"I'm going for a ride," Black stated in his indistinguishable accent. "Be back later."
Cardinal/Sinner/Black had been in the America's for just over three years now. Although he had been conditioned to speak with both Scottish and 'BBC Cambridge' accents by His Transys creators, he had quickly discerned that both would make him stand out in this country. Although the Scottish lilt was often mistaken by uneducated 'Americans' for Irish, it still placed him. And the posh English accent was even worse.
Black had listened to his fellow compatriots and residents and had made a conscious effort to change his accent. Now a listener would struggle to place him at all, there was a hint of California, a touch of the mid-west and a dash of European. All the better to make him just one more nobody out there on the streets.

Drake shrugged, "Okay!" as Black closed the door behind him.
The elf jumped on his bike and rode through the lamp lit streets, back to the bus stop where Miranda had disappeared.
Although he'd checked for cameras earlier, that had been purely an eyeball check. Now, with the fall of darkness, the cameras would have switched to night vision.
Although most security cameras these days recorded in both low-light and thermal spectrums the whole purpose of them was to help identify any perpetrators of crimes. Still, after all these years, infra-red light was a bloody good way of lighting up a dark area at night. To a low light camera it meant that the difference between a greyscale grainy image to one that looked as though it were taken in the height of day.

Sitting on his bike beside the bus stop, ignoring the two kids inside who were doing their best to chew each other's face off, he switched his visor's sensors to scan for infra-red and swept the area. It was a long shot but what else did they have at the moment. There were a few shops here - it was probable that they had security cameras. Black just hoped to find one that could offer them a glimpse of the 'abduction', if that were what happened.

His scan complete, he moved off to the site of the second disappearance and repeated the procedure, then again at the third site.
Site 1
Perception + Intuition = 8 8 5 5 4 4 4 3 2 2: 4 Hits

Site 2
Perception + Intuition = 10 10 8 5 5 5 4 3 3 2 2: 8 Hits

Site 3
Perception + Intuition = 10 10 8 8 5 5 4 4 4 3 3 3 2 2: 8 Hits

At any of the sites does Black identify any potential camera coverage?
Also - did he spot any of those delightful little cherubs that hang around on the streets at night?
Done, Black gunned the motorcycle's engine and rode home.
It was nearly time to make contact with someone directly involved with this job, which meant that it was time to get those two reprobates out of his apartment and down to his Op-Centre.

Curren
Magi
Magi

Post by Curren » Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:41 am

Ok, one thing we didn't (At least I think we didn't) bring up at the meet:

Are there any more ork females that are at the same stage of their pregnancy in the Oakland area that Docwagon told us about?

If so, we need to make contact with all of them in some way asap.
If Docwagon didn't tell us, we need to find out from them.

Black
Runner
Runner

Post by Black » Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:37 am

Don't panic!!

We did indeed ask the question and they have forwarded us a list of their customers who are potential targets.

All well and good but we don't have the resources to watch them all so we'll have to be picky with our choices.
That's the reason Black has been concentrating on the previous victims - hard facts as opposed to fingers in the air!!

Curren
Magi
Magi

Post by Curren » Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:56 am

Yes, I know that. But I was just asking if we had a list. Now I know we have one!

The way I look at it we can investigate and find out some important facts about the previous abductions. However no matter how much information we glean from the previous crimes I'm very certain there will be very little information to help us out catching the perpertrators on one of their future kidnap attempts.

So the question is: Can I see the list of potential women who could be targeted for abduction due to their pregnancies? You can continue with the facts and I can look at the possibilities! We will then combine the two and it will whittle down to some semblance of a solution.

If we spread the work out, we can get a bit more done!

Stop hogging the information! :)

Black
Runner
Runner

Post by Black » Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:05 pm

Hey I can't help it if Curren has developed Techno-phobia and can't bring himself to look at the computer in my office!!!! :roll:

The Info will also be available on the Deck in the Op-Centre!