IC - Bug City The Lost Years

This is the area for all Terrestrial In Character Posts.

Moderators: arcanus, Curren, Drake, Otto, Black

Curren
Magi
Magi

Post by Curren » Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:06 pm

What readings am I getting off the red gorrilla things aura? Is it corrupted, insane etc? I want to ascertain if it warrants help and won't just turn on me.
Can I have incorporated my astral perception and Clairvoyance in together? Essentially its all sight!

arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by arcanus » Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:19 pm

Curren wrote:Can I have incorporated my astral perception and Clairvoyance in together? Essentially its all sight!
Arcanus wrote:I don't see why not its a Mana Based Spell so can operate or cooperate on the Astral Plane.
Curren activates his Astral Sight, he see's that the battle also rages upon the Astral Plane, the Gorilla like creature is Dual Natured and bellows at the attacking Roach Spirits (Also Dual Natured).
Its aura is feral, but not contaminated, anger, rage and pain runs through its aura, the Background Count is hostile here, appearing like sharp wisps, something akin to spectral barbwire, although not strong enough to affect an astral form.

Curren
Magi
Magi

Post by Curren » Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:26 pm

Well, if theres astral activity it won't hurt for maybe a litle bit more from someone else!
'I'm going to help a 'friend' ' Curren says cryptically as he adjusts his position and lies on the wooden floor and closes his eyes.

'Cover me' He opens his eyes and says this as an afterthought to Cass, who is surprised by his actions; and with a sly wink to her he leaves his physical body behind.
How strong are the emanations given off by the battling beings? And from experience, will my essential weapon foci's emanations be stronger? I wouldn't want to attract more heat so to speak.

arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by arcanus » Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:49 pm

Curren wrote:How strong are the emanations given off by the battling beings? And from experience, will my essential weapon foci's emanations be stronger? I wouldn't want to attract more heat so to speak.
Arcanus wrote:They are nowhere near as potent as the auras of the creature and the bugs.
Curren floated from his body, his Chrome Armour flowing up his form, his swords activating and pulsing with magical power and with that he descended below decks.

arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by arcanus » Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:10 pm

GM wrote:Make a Sorcery+Logic roll?

Curren
Magi
Magi

Post by Curren » Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:39 pm

Curren wrote: 5 5 4 4 3 3 2 2 2 2 Two hits
Before I make my astral presence known. I will fire up the Deflect power (FCE 5?) in the room so I can instantly tranfer it to the Gorilla entity when I drop through the floorboards.
Drain 8 7 5 5 etc 4 hits Light Stun?
Last edited by Curren on Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:20 am, edited 2 times in total.

arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by arcanus » Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:26 am

Dropping through the floor, spell weaving around Malthalamus Curren's astral fingers, he winces from the mana backlash of the spell and the violence pouring through the etheric tunnel.
Spying the gorilla creature Curren releases the spell, however the filiments of Background Count impede the formula wearing it down until upon reaching the gorilla its washes over its astral form ineffectively.
'Damn it, casting wasn't strong enough' curses Curren

Curren
Magi
Magi

Post by Curren » Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:35 am

I swiftly engage both flesh forms, hopefully taking them by surprise with my sudden appearance and distracting them from the Gorilla form. Obviously the insects are attacking simulataneously so shooting forward at ascelerity speed I will strike with both blades at them, one blade at each spirit.
Aimed strike for the head or eye stalks!? for each:
Can you roll me 16 dice for each strike from Truth and Justice for me please mate? I have no dice here! :)

arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by arcanus » Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:47 am

Curren wrote:
I swiftly engage both flesh forms, hopefully taking them by surprise with my sudden appearance and distracting them from the Gorilla form. Obviously the insects are attacking simulataneously so I will strike with both blades at them, one blade at each spirit.
GM wrote:Truth: 11 10 9 8 7 5 5 5 3 3 2 = 10 Hits
Justice: 21 10 7 5 5 5 5 5 4 4 3 3 3 2 = 12 Hits
Curren's astral form becomes a dervish like blur, blades whistling through the etheric, the first Roach merge loses its head almost absently the act being so fast.
The second in true 'Men In Black' style explodes, as Justice tears its essence apart.
The third roach seems to implode as the gorilla smashes its fist into its chest, the remainder of its torso crumpling around the wound, while the fourth now suddenly alone receives a face full of spittle from the gorilla creature, spittle that quickly melts it.
The gorilla creature turns, its face contorted in pain, its snorts with annoyance and confusion before bellowing at Curren's astral form.

Curren
Magi
Magi

Post by Curren » Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:14 am

'Whoah! Steady on Fella!' Curren says nervously as in a flash his blades disappear. Raising his palms in a placatory manner at the intimidating creature he hovers before it. 'Easy there.... Easy....' he utters in a calming manner.
Initiate the Increased Charisma power (hopefully to +4) on myself and then attempt to heal the beast.
'Steady there mate, I'm only trying to help....' the englishman wills himself to calm down too; as his fear could be fatal in this situation.
I will then asense it, but be ready to attack if it turns on me.