IC - Bug City The Lost Years

This is the area for all Terrestrial In Character Posts.

Moderators: arcanus, Curren, Drake, Otto, Black

Curren
Magi
Magi

Post by Curren » Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:27 pm

Audibly panting with the exertion and the injuries he has sustained; Curren staggers upright and sprints down the corridor looking for a room to get into.
Looking at the girl; he checks to see how badly hurt she is.
Perception 5,4,4

arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by arcanus » Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:54 pm

Curren wrote:Looking at the girl; he checks to see how badly hurt she is.
Perception 5,4,4
GM wrote:The girl is concussed, heavily bruised, other than that you cannot see the full extent of her injuries.

Curren
Magi
Magi

Post by Curren » Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:55 pm

Any signs of pursuit? Perception 5, 3
Have I found a door to a room in the corridor?

arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by arcanus » Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:02 pm

After checking the girl, Curren turned in doing so he saw the man-wasp tearing itself free from the masonry.

arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin

Along Came a Spider

Post by arcanus » Wed Nov 04, 2009 4:48 pm

True Fix Incorporated was an East Coast based auto-repair company, the branch on Chicagos West Side had seen better days, the large single store building had a squat warehouse like look to it.
Concealing the large workshops within, the branch had weathered the onslaught and decay that Chicagos descent into its status as the Containement Zone.
Its oil stained floors, the smell of brake fluids and the constant drips of waters unseen made True Fix an eerie place, Amelia Eckharte walked calmly but quietly through the corridors until she reached the workshop and the buildings occupants.

Although their totem was one of the insect realms most voracious and feared hunters, it was still no match for spider, she approached the gathering unseen, shrouded in magical webs of secrecy.
As she stode into the workshop they became aware of her, resembling gangers each was female, hungry predatory eyes turned upon her.
A severe but oddly attractive woman stood from their midst, a feral smile crossed her face her eyes turning from metahuman green to those of an insect
"It is unfortunate sister that you stumbled in here!" she said in a chillingly matter of fact way.
Amelia was aware that several of the female gangers were creeping through the machinery and structures to flank her, one of whom moved to but a few feet behind her.

Amelia looked unimpressed at the blond leader "There was no stumbling in here, Mantis!" she replied in clear challenge.
The figure behind moved to attack, shifting as it did, its once human form becoming that of a metahuman sized preying mantis, its advance was abruptly cut short as an enormous spider materialized from the astral plane its maw descending upon the mantis spirit and biting it in two, devouring the upper half.

Strands of hard chitinous web like material launched from Amelia's hands impaling several other mantids around the leader, the strands dissolved allowing their dying forms to crumple to the floor.
"Now spider would like to know why the great hunter mantis hasn't struck at the Great Hive?" Amelia asked and this time the hunger was evident in her voice.

Curren
Magi
Magi

Post by Curren » Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:02 pm

Did I manage to sight a door along the corridor?

arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by arcanus » Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:56 pm

GM wrote:Yes several office doors along the corridor and a fire door on the far left!
Last edited by arcanus on Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Curren
Magi
Magi

Post by Curren » Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:27 pm

Curren wrote:Could I use mist form on the girl as well as myself? Idea forming... :)

arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by arcanus » Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:24 pm

Curren wrote:Could I use mist form on the girl as well as myself? Idea forming... :)
GM wrote:You can however you'll need to cast it upon her, rather than using your personalised and anchored spell.

Curren
Magi
Magi

Post by Curren » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:29 pm

Ok, Curren is going to cast a PDI of both him and the girl, at the same time I'll cast mist form on the girl and activate my mist form. (A trick I used at Crab Orchard Lake if you remember to distract)
I will invest more power into the PDI so the extra mana use will act as a beacon for the insect spirit.
The PDI of Curren and the girl will dash up the corridor, and Curren will use magic fingers to open the fire door at the end of the corridor just as the PDI gets to it simulating more reality to the illusion.
PDI then will 'escape' the building, hopefully with the spirit in tow.
The little girl and I will drift under the gap at the foot of the door into the room.