IC - Bug City Blues

This is the area for all Terrestrial In Character Posts.

Moderators: arcanus, Curren, Drake, Otto, Black

Nazir
New Blood
New Blood

Post by Nazir » Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:13 am

Quetesh speaks Ancient Egyptian but understands English well, however she can only speak it with rudimentary skill.
will return to me as soon as she feels that Curren is out of immediate danger.

Curren
Magi
Magi

Take me to your Pizza Parlour!

Post by Curren » Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:12 pm

'I don't have to ask you again do I?' Curren cocks the heavy pistol and levels it at Mario's chest, and holds his left hand out towards him.

'I helped you out once, and I don't want to undo all that by having to leave you fumbling around trying to stuff your guts back in your own body do I?'

'Make your choice.'

arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Take me to your Pizza Parlour!

Post by arcanus » Sat Jan 19, 2008 9:49 am

Curren wrote:'Make your choice.'
The Italian man looks at a somewhat fearsome Malthalumus Curren in terror "Ma name is Gianeno, not a Mario" he manages to squeeze out.

Gianeno Celipo tried to take in the events of the past half an hour, he and 'Tadir' had come out to forage, neither of them had seen a bug in over six months, it was the other predators they had to avoid.
Then this great wasp thing had sprung onto their van, from nowhere, foolishly as Gianeno had swerved the old fish van around 'Tadir' had opened the rear doors and tried to fight it off.

Gianeno shudder as he recalled the wasp thing had almost casually grabbed Tadir and thrown him out into the road.
Hurling the van around in vain attempt to dislodge the monster, he had glanced back only to see Tadir begin to get up, only for a group of men to rush from shadowy doorways and grapple the hebrew ork.

In the space of half an hour he had lost a good friend and potentially hooked up with the very type of madman that he had attempted to shelter his wards from.

Gianeno then sensed a peace come over him, turning he saw the arab girl looking at him, a smile that sweet and any man could forget his troubles.

"It'll be dark soon, lets get moving!" growled the bald man, with curiously many watches upon his arm.

Curren
Magi
Magi

Sight beyond sight, beyond sight!

Post by Curren » Sat Jan 19, 2008 9:58 am

Is there any way I can attach an astral marker to the besieged metahuman 'A la Seeker in GURPS'?

arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Sight beyond sight, beyond sight!

Post by arcanus » Sat Jan 19, 2008 12:32 pm

Curren wrote:
Is there any way I can attach an astral marker to the besieged metahuman 'A la Seeker in GURPS'?
Okay, starting with SR4 Rules make an Intelligence+Magic Theory roll TN#5, Hits(Successes) required: 8!

arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin

Underground Railroad

Post by arcanus » Sat Jan 19, 2008 12:54 pm

The City Spirit dusted himself off, his power circled out from himself and then withdrew back into his essence.
Turning, the impossibly lined face of some 20th Century Chicagean City Father, was contrasted by the green spectral glow of his eyes.

"Have you found them" inquired the Jackal Headed Warrior before him
"I have, they are on the roof of the First Midwest Bank on 47th, the Jackal nodded its order to the Egyptian Swallow perched beside him, it immediately took to wing.

"So this alliance whats in it for me" said the City Spirit

Curren
Magi
Magi

How many? Eeek!

Post by Curren » Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:11 pm

Okay, starting with SR4 Rules make an Intelligence+Magic Theory roll TN#5, Hits(Successes) required: 8!
Bloomin eck, lets see.... 10 8 5 5 4 3 3 3 3 2 1

Bah!

arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: How many? Eeek!

Post by arcanus » Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:19 pm

Curren wrote:
Bloomin eck, lets see.... 10 8 5 5 4 3 3 3 3 2 1

Bah!
Shame 5 Hits.
Reaching out Curren draws upon his developing Metapowers, attempting to the trace the etheric currents, however his power is not quite enough to achieve such a linkage.

Curren
Magi
Magi

Fack this for a game of tiddlywinks!

Post by Curren » Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:58 pm

The Italian dropped the pistol on the road and spits the cigar butt at Currens feet.
'Follow me' he utters between clenched teeth, the calm the girl had instilled in him had given way to fear and worry for Tadir and frustration for this portly Limey being a complete bastard.

'But a bastard who saved my life' he admits to himself grudgingly.
Gianeno starts to make his way back to the delivery truck on the side of the street only to be stopped by a look and a shake of the head by the cockney.

'Nah, it makes too much noise. If we use it we might as well ring the dinner bell for them. We'll have to walk it unfortunately.' the limey said as he bent down to pick up the pistol. 'Where are you taking us by the way?' Curren enquires.

'Into the sewers. We have a few places where we have managed to hole up. Itsa not pleasant but its better than the creeping death that is choking Chicago topside' Gian walks back to where Curren is standing.

'Thats a very poetic description for our predicament!' Curren smiles without humour as he detatches the magazine of Gian's Predator and flicks the bullets out into his hand. 'Five...... Fuck.' he curses to himself.

'What about Tadir? My friend who gotta captured?' Gian stared into the eyes of the englishman trying to gauge his reaction to this question.

'I don't know.' Curren shrugs. 'He may have been seized for some reason or he might be dead.' he reloads the pistol with three rounds and hands it back to the Italian. 'I'm going to try and help him, but I need rest of some kind before I try'.

'Malthalamus Curren' he englishman introduces himself by offering his hand to Gian.
'Gianeno' the Italian replies, refusing his hand.

With the threat of imminent death receeding from them, the silence of the city returned to the forefront of their minds almost similtaneously, and the menace of these deserted streets played on their nerves. The wind had started to pick up, scattering debris and ash into their faces.

'We go now.' Gian says with a worried frown.
'Yeah.' Curren says huskily, as fear again seems to push down on his chest making it hard for him to breathe.

'Come on lav.' He calls to the woman as he loads the two bullets into his Predator, 'We're leaving!'

'Lead on McGianeno.'
Can I attempt to send another seeker at Gian's friend?
If not I doubt there is anything I can do for him as Derleth will only alert the bugs to our presence.
Last edited by Curren on Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Fack this for a game of tiddlywinks!

Post by arcanus » Sun Jan 20, 2008 8:40 pm

Curren wrote:Can I attempt to send another seeker at Gian's friend?
Make a further Logic+Magic Theory test, Threshold: 10.