IC - Bug City Blues

This is the area for all Terrestrial In Character Posts.

Moderators: arcanus, Curren, Drake, Otto, Black

arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by arcanus » Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:03 pm

The wasp surges forwards, crates exploding as it passes. It twists as Curren appears in the center of the warehouse, horrifically the illusionary form is torn to etheric shreds as both wasp spirits launch into it.
Slime creeps and oozes from corners and cracks, spreading over Curren's hidden form, there is a disconcerting shift as his physical form is drawn down into the ground below.

Cardinal
New Blood
New Blood

Re: Where's the wasp spray?

Post by Cardinal » Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:10 am

Curren wrote:'Bugger' Otto mouths silently. Looking around for a place to hide he acts quickly and steps into one of the supply crates and reaches over the side to get the lid on.

Darkness envelops him as the lid slides into place.

'I think this is a good time to pray as any mate' he thinks to as he makes himself as small and quiet as possible.

Stealth of 5,5,4,4,2
OOC - A Freudian slip in that first line Curren?

Curren
Magi
Magi

Freud

Post by Curren » Mon Jan 07, 2008 12:06 pm

OOC - It probably just slipped out due to the pressure he's under!

Curren
Magi
Magi

Run rabbit run.....

Post by Curren » Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:38 pm

He fought down the initial claustraphobic attack that always came when his earth elemental took him into its domain. Now here he was, shivering like a bunny with the ferrets on its tail, in the dark earthy world which only the dead should inhabit.

His elemental pulsed like a large bubble as it sucked in the oxygen which maintained Currens life. It shuddered almost painfully to do this and then it started to move almost worm-like through the earth.

'Good boy' Curren said to him. 'Take me somewhere safe'

The elemental shuddered its compliance and moved quicker through the ground.

'He needs a name, as he's helped me out of many scrapes. It would be very rude of me not to.' Curren thought.

'I shall call you Derleth, after an author I once knew'

Derleth pulsed in what seemed to be acknowledgment and maybe even pleasure.

'Lets be off then Derleth. find me a cave or something and I'll start to teach you how to talk. How does that sound?'

Derleth picked up his speed, almost like a torpedo through the underworld.

'Now what is this business about D'z Raaak?, Its not getting away from me!' he muses.

arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by arcanus » Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:35 pm

The sound that accompanied Curren's emergence was akin to a rake being drawn across gravel.
A long exhalation of air follows from the brits lungs as he calms himself.

With an exasperated start Curren turns watching a battered old delivery van hurtle around the corner of which ever block he had arrived in.

A huge fleshform wasp writhes around on the top of the van, desperate to get the extemely paniced man within.

Curren
Magi
Magi

Wasps Love Ice Cream Vans.....

Post by Curren » Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:26 pm

Almost like a lens sliding down over his eyes, Curren peers into the astral plane.
'Could be a trap' he thinks.
Perception of 7,5,5,4,4
Are there any more spirits present? Is the driver more than he seems? Flesh forms are dual natured?

arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by arcanus » Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:30 pm

Nothing directly awaits Malthalamus Curren within the other world however, he does pick up a swirl of etheric movement further down the street as if a scuffle is occuring within one of the doorways.

arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by arcanus » Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:43 pm

"Sir, Senator Jeffreys is on secure comm #4"
"Thank you Major" replied Henderson "Senator Jeffreys I've been expecting your call"
"I'm sure you have General, especially after my speaking to the SDC" replied the politician
"Nope" replied Henderson derisively "It was following the news being on NBS"

Henderson moved around his ready room abscently looking for nothing in particular
"General you have to stop these bombardments of the CZ, innocent Illinois citizens are dying, you are turning a tragic situation into a humanitarian catastrophy"

"Senator with all due respect, look after your constituents and I'll do the dirty work in Chicago"
"Don't blow me off Henderson, this isn't the wild west, the Red Cross are estimating casualties in the hundreds!"

'I'm bored of this now' thought Henderson

"Senator do you have the first idea of what's happening in the CZ, well do you, if we hadn't have taken out 71st then me might have lost the rest of the city, where do we draw the line, Detroit, Gary, how many more population centers would you like to loose Senator" Hendersons voice had risen then fallen to a cold whisper
"As for the Red Cross, apparently they don't know jack shit"

With that Henderson cut the comm link.

"Sir, General Yates on Secure Comm #7"
"Thank you Major" replied Henderson 'For fucks sake' he thought.
Last edited by arcanus on Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Curren
Magi
Magi

Charge!

Post by Curren » Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:52 pm

Suddenly with a burst of nervous energy Curren dashes towards the moving vehicle with Derleth still around him, an astral whine fills his ears as he activates his personal armour spell.

With the delivery van hurtling towards him the adept at the last moment leaps onto the bonnet as Derleth disconnects from him and hurls itself into the flesh form beast.
Conjuring of 4,4,3,2 with orders to entangle and crush.
Give me a damage code to resist for the initial impact for Currens jump on the vehicle
Last edited by Curren on Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Charge!

Post by arcanus » Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:57 pm

3D Physical