IC - Bug City Blues

This is the area for all Terrestrial In Character Posts.

Moderators: arcanus, Curren, Drake, Otto, Black

arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: The Mummy Returns.

Post by arcanus » Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:58 pm

You see a mixed group of humans and Fleshforms, grappling with a larger (Ork sized) metahuman.

Curren
Magi
Magi

Its Astral Maaaan.......

Post by Curren » Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:52 pm

Humanoids and Fleshforms? Insects? Are they working together? What does the Ork sized humanoid look like?
Ascence them all at a safe distance, are there any good grounding points for spells on them? Foci? Dual natures etc?

Ascence 13.7.5, and change.

Nazir
New Blood
New Blood

Protecting the flesh

Post by Nazir » Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:01 pm

Nazir nods appreciativley as he feels the swelling in Currens ankle receed, and sees the bruise that is already there begin to fade.

Curren's body starts to slump forward and the Egyptian grabs his shoulder with his free hand and eases the man back against the battered shop door.

'Whata is ita that you are doing there?' the Italian asks alarmed and sporting an accusatory expression.

Naizr cast him a withering look then returned his attention to the ankle.

It looked much better.

'Can you fire a gun?' he asks offering a Predator to the man.

'I'm half Sicilian,' the man replied as if that were all the explanation required.

Nazir stood drawing his scimitars and casting an eye about, in both realms. This was not the place to leave an unguarded body laying around.
Mundane Preception: 14, 11, 9, 5 and crap
Astral Perception: 7, 5, 5, 4, and ullage!

arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by arcanus » Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:47 pm

To Curen, yes there are Grounding Points, in the sense that the Fleshforms are dual natured.
To Nazir, you watch as Curren slumps asleep, the figures rapidly disappear into a subway tunnel, they are a mixture of fleshforms, possibly ants or termites and metahumans.

Nazir
New Blood
New Blood

I'm late, I'm late, I'm late for an important date...

Post by Nazir » Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:13 am

Nazir looks at the prone form of Curren and then back to the tunnel.
'What time is it?' he asks the Italian.

'Nine thirty,' comes the reply.

The Egyptian sighs. He has to be somewhere very soon. Stilling his mind he concentrates and calls his ever faithful Quetesh to his side.

The air over the sidewalk shimmers for a brief moment, and the form of a beautiful, olive skinned woman materialises to stand before Nazir.
'What is your bidding?' she asks him in the most ancient tongue.

The Italian's mouth drops and hangs open. The seemingly permanent cigar stub that has remained perched in the corner of his mouth falls to the ground as he takes in the sight of Quetesh. She is wearing a skirt of fine black cotton, that is more of akin to a loin cloth. The rest of her body is appears at first glance to be covered in a loose mesh net. but on closer inspection reveals itself to be only body paint.

'I must go, guard Curren until he returns. Keep him safe.'
Quetesh nods, and moves to the human's side, the faint tinkle of the sea shell anklet the only sound she makes. She lifts Curren slightly so that she can sit and place his head in her lap.

'He's okay,' Nazir instructs seeing his fire spirit staring at the Italian's pistol, then he fades from view, stepping to the astral realm and taking flight, heading up the coast of Lake Michigan.

arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by arcanus » Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:49 pm

Shaking his head Curren awakens, finding himself strangely relaxed, his head being caressed.
Groggily turning his head, he see's the Italian nursing a predator pistol, he seems downhearted.
"They a gone" he says as if preempting Curren's question "An so as your dog friend"

Curren
Magi
Magi

Two's Company, Three's an Italian...

Post by Curren » Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:43 pm

'Really?' Curren says dreamily closing his eyes again. 'And what time do they serve lunch in heaven?'

He starts in shock with the realisation of where he is and his situation hits him like a juggernaught in his vitals.

'Where the fack am I? I was projecting!' he scrabbles up to his feet and shakes his head. 'My foot feels better, thanks mate.' He thinks with satisfaction.

'Oh, ello.' He says with a trace of embarrassment as he sees the olive skinned woman sitting on the kerb looking at him questioningly. 'Do I know you?' He waves away the answer with an impatient gesture.

'Right Mario.' He says coming to his senses and looking none too kindly at him. 'Could you find it in yourself to finish a coherant sentence? Who has gone besides my 'dog' friend?'

'And lav, could you cover yourself up a bit? Its a bit chilly here' He says to the woman as an after thought.
Astrally perceive her.
'Times a tickin' as always..' his inner voice pipes up.
What about that metahuman guy I asked about in my last entry mate?

arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by arcanus » Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:28 pm

Quetesh smiles and then ignores Currens request.

Looking around Curen sees no sign of the ork or his/her captures, appearing to have vanished with their prey.

"You look tired" says the Italian, I have some food and a place to sleep.

Suspicion is a survival trait in the CZ as Curren regards the offer carefully.

Curren
Magi
Magi

Better watch it, he might jump on my head for some coins....

Post by Curren » Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:05 pm

'I don't like leaving people in the lurch, but I'm facking knackered! I'll be no good to them fatigued' he thinks.

'Ok, So why don't you hand over that pistol to me and lead the way to your den?' he smiles and fails utterly in doing it in a disarming way.
Any result from the astral perception of the girl?
'Oh and by the way, what are your names and where did you come from?'
Curren asks as he dusts himself off, 'We can discuss that on the way!'
Curren stands gesturing for them to move.

'The gun, Mario. Now.' This outburst drips tension as Curren draws his pistol.

arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Better watch it, he might jump on my head for some coins....

Post by arcanus » Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:14 pm

Curren wrote:
Any result from the astral perception of the girl?
An air elemental, her lineage is derived from Arabian possibly egyptian hermatics.