IC - Mad World

This is the area for all Terrestrial In Character Posts.

Moderators: arcanus, Curren, Drake, Otto, Black

arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by arcanus » Fri Feb 15, 2008 4:22 pm

Computer+Vehicle control.

+

Computer+Willpower.

Sinner
New Blood
New Blood

Post by Sinner » Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:36 pm

arcanus wrote:
Computer+Vehicle control.

+

Computer+Willpower.
Comp+Vehicle: 15 10 5 4 4 3 3 2 2 2 (6 hits)
Comp+Will: 17 16 11 8 7 5 5 4 3 2 (12 hits - I love jimmy's dice roller!!!)
--Be good. Leave the sinning to me.--

arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by arcanus » Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:38 pm

Sinner's vision opens to a three dimensional view of the road, the juggernauts appear as huge grey slabs due to their cargoes inpenetrable to the current equipment that he has available.

The bike is similarly protected, however the 5 or so adjacent civilian vans and cars all fall prey to his slipping through their collision chip IO and into the main system, as Necron achieves this with one vehicle, he smartframes and then again, the frames duplicating his work until he was achieved a somewhat crude but satisfactory presence within their vehicles.

The speed of transit feels knife edged now, ripping across Sinner's metal skin, the bike keeps apace, not wanting to miss any of the action, distantly from a collection of crude sensors he can pick up the choppers which have now moved to cover the left and right desert stretches.

arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by arcanus » Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:35 pm

Eagle Security Personal Protection Liason Andre Hamilton narrowed his eyes at the screen.

The pirate trid broadcast paused, a rogue broadcast on behalf of the Californian Purity League, the spokesperson wearing a white pointed hood reminscent of an equally darker time.

The threat was clear, that some notable metahuman was in their sights, that this animal (As they put it) had strayed from his pen and would be hunted down.

The question was who was their target, there were dozens of prominent metahumans, then it struck Hamilton like a lightning bolt.
"Where's Bobby Ray Cyrus" he demanded of one of the comms officers in the control room.
"He's in his tourbus on the I-101" replied the officer
"Shit, alert his Personal Protection Officers" rattled off Hamilton

"No contact sir, comms are being jammed" replied the officer, looking at Hamilton, worry stretched across her face.
Last edited by arcanus on Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Drake
Solo
Solo

Post by Drake » Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:45 am

As Frank hurtles along in the chrome limo, he'll send out his astral senses looking for the large bright astral flare that will be each car's engine.

This heavily man made lump of processed metal would just appear as a grey lump to any other mage, but to the specific talents of one Mr Frank Drake they each appear as a flaming fiery rainbow. Each alloy used in the engine gives off a unique aura made up from the base metals used in it's construction. Each engine is, to Frank, a work of art.

He astrally scans the surrounding vehicles, remembering their engine locations, just in case he needs to take action. The bike should be the easiest to despatch. All he would need to do is magically grab the front wheel, and lift it straight up 6 feet. The rear wheel, providing all the power, would propel under the raised front wheel and the rider would be thrown to the ground.

Frank sits on the backseat, looking like an action figure next to the bulk of the Bish, an excited little grin on his face. Waiting for the mayhem to start...

Sinner
New Blood
New Blood

Loaded, ready to fire!

Post by Sinner » Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:44 am

Necron looked around in disgust. It had been a good plan and the measly outcome was disappointing. Still, it showed a measure of the opposition.

The ancient automaton sorted the vehicles in order, lead car to tail end. He noted that Sinner was coming up behind a ageing bulldog and a truck to its right was in the bikes path.
Necron decided he would have to use the weapons available to him. He studied the input signal for the coll-chip. He created copy of the signal, altering the supposed positions of the vehicles with respect to the bulldog.
“Caution,” Sinner urged, “ we don’t know if this guy is unfriendly or not yet.”
“Don’t lecture me on caution,” Necron shot back momentarily highlighting the data-stream being fed to Sinner from the smartlinked machine pistol the elf had just released from it’s holster.

“That’s just a precaution,” Sinner defended.
Necron accessed the vehicle registration details. “Hank Henry James Augsutus Collumby,” the persona read aloud. “Sounds like a redneck meta-human hater to me.”
That was all the justification Necron felt he needed.

Moments later he engaged the program, swapping the genuine coll-chip feed for that of his edited version.
Sinner accelerated the jeep so that it passed between the bulldog and the heavy truck.
If the bike followed through that same gap then he would swap the trucks supposed position so that the bulldog thought it was right in front of it. The coll-chip would seize control of the bulldog sending it out into the empty lane to it’s right. Except, it wouldn’t be empty, would it!

arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by arcanus » Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:30 pm

Rick Valdanna was known for his tantrums and today admittedly with good reason one was brewing.
From his Hollywood office, he paced, barely noticing the gold records hanging upon his walls.
"Fucking Eagle Security" he raged "The outfit that lost Chicago"
"Your being chirlish, Eagle Security are a major security provider in North America, professionals in their field and they submitted the most competitive tender" observed his PA, Hanna Tia Sanchas.

Rick gave her a cold look, that actually looked like a young boy pouting.
"I'm sure they have everything in hand" said Hanna regarding her nails.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Eagle Security Officer Hank Macmahon, plugged a psyche chip into his chip reader, immediately his apprehension and physical discomfort at travelling at 350kph.
His rigger driver showed little regard for the speed or any other traffic, none of which caused her to slow in any form.

They were 120km from the tour bus, at this speed they'd be there in 20 minutes. He hoped they weren't too late.

arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by arcanus » Thu Feb 21, 2008 4:14 pm

The Eagle Sec rigger, watched the flow of microsecond data flash across her retinal display.
"Officer?" inquired Macmahon, stalling halfway.
"Reegs Sir" replied the very slight rigger, Macmahon had expected a sturdy woman who drank GTX, not this 5'6 slip of a girl.
"What's your first name, Reegs"
"Are you hitting on me sir?" she shot back
"Jesus, why does everything have to come to that"
Reegs smiled "Saffy, sir, Saffy Reegs" she added putting him out of his misery.
"Saffy, oh never mind, do we have to drive this fast" Macmahon composed himself.
"The report said that you had cleared your high speed response training sir" Reegs said with minimal emotion
"This is a little faster than HSRT, Reegs" grumbled Macmahon

Saffy went quiet, concentrating, then hit the brakes, the car began to spin out at the rear, but just as it did, she gunned the engine again, ceramic brakes locking and unlocking, slowing the car in a controlled manner.

Macmahon looked ahead to see, a large truck had jack-knifed across their lanes on the I101.
"Hang on" said Saffy, the Audi spun and accelerated off onto the dirt track off-road, as it raced around the truck, two 4x4 pickups raced out to intercept.
"Going to be bumpy" said Saffy a little too calmly for Macmahon.

Sinner
New Blood
New Blood

Getting to know you!

Post by Sinner » Fri Feb 22, 2008 7:07 am

Sinner smiled at Audrey. It wasn't the sort of smile that conveyed friendship. In fact, it was one that promised quite the opposite.
However, Sinner's voice, as he spoke, almost contradicted the smile.
"So Miss Audrey," the elf adjusted his position slightly, allowing one of his newly acquired Uzi III's to rest menacingly on his lap. "How are you feeling after your unfortunate little accident, nothing hurting too badly I trust?"

arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by arcanus » Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:26 am

"Welcome back to tonights explosive episode of 'CANNONBALL', and when I say explosive I MEAN EXPLOSIVE"

The studio audience met the presenters delivery with whistling and cheers.
"Not since the I53 in 51 have we had this level if pure adrenaline, we've had swarms of drones, explosions, Cannonballers shooting attackers out of the sky, wildwest shootouts, kamikaze go-gangers and stunt driving"
"BEST OF ALL WE'RE ONLY HALF WAY THROUGH THE SHOW, SO DON'T GO FLICKING"