IC - Mad World

This is the area for all Terrestrial In Character Posts.

Moderators: arcanus, Curren, Drake, Otto, Black

Pie
New Blood
New Blood

Post by Pie » Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:05 am

arcanus wrote:
GM wrote:Make Perception Rolls?
Perception: 5 5 4 4 2 2

Black
Runner
Runner

Post by Black » Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:30 am

arcanus wrote:
Perception: [11 dice] 33 14 11 5 5 4 4 4 2 2
God bless Jimmy's dice roller!!!! :lol:

Rey'th
New Blood
New Blood

Post by Rey'th » Sat Oct 17, 2009 2:51 pm

Carnun wrote:
arcanus wrote:
Perception: [11 dice] 33 14 11 5 5 4 4 4 2 2
God bless Jimmy's dice roller!!!! :lol:
Oi! That's my roll you pointy eared git!

arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by arcanus » Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:53 pm

Jericho's eyes narrowed as he mentally queried the assault upon Pie and himself, experienced investigative eyes enhanced by cybernetics swept the corridor until he picked it up.
No larger than a wasp, he spotted three of them, his cybereyes enhanced until he had a visual of the offenders.
Three small machines hurtled through the air, heading back into towards both him and Pie.

Rey'th
New Blood
New Blood

Post by Rey'th » Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:21 pm

The guns were heavy in the humans hands but they were still as much a part of him as they always had been.

Following the flying objects as they closed in the guns came up.
Jericho didn't think, he merely acted.

The guns fired three times each, one bullet from each weapon for each of the technological pests.
Pistols 1: 9 7 5 5 5 4 4 4 4 3 3 3 3 3 2
Pistols 2: 13 5 5 5 5 4 4 4 3 3 3 3 2 2 2
Pistols 3: 8 8 8 7 5 4 4 3 3 3 2 2 2 2 2 2
Pistols 4: 7 5 5 5 4 4 4 4 3 3 3 2 2
Pistols 5: 13 10 10 5 5 5 4 4 4 3 3 3 2
Pistols 6: 12 9 5 5 5 5 5 4 4 3 3 3 3

arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by arcanus » Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:08 pm

Silent 'phut' sounds echoed across the corridor, each machine no larger than a bumblebee erupting in tiny eruptions, the high calibre rounds tearing into the prefab walls beyond.
Pie looked somewhat startled by the suddenness of the reaction until he turned and spied the small technological remains.

Rey'th
New Blood
New Blood

Post by Rey'th » Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:17 am

"So what the fuck were they?" Jericho asked, wincing with pain as he dropped the seemingly heavy pistols into his lap.

Pie
New Blood
New Blood

Post by Pie » Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:20 pm

"I honestly don't know..." replied Pie, picking himself up. He moved through the apartment to the bathroom, and opened a cupboard door which contained a home medical kit. He didn't search for it, he knew it was there.
He removed a couple pain killers and worked up enough spit to swallow them, before heading back into the lounge and offering them to Jericho.
"This is nuts... I think we need to try and get a few answers before we get out of here. Not for the suits, but so we know what we might be up against. Are these nano-drones? I've never seen anything that small before!"
Pie slowly pulls his chameleon suit back on, wincing as he pulls it tight over his back.

Rey'th
New Blood
New Blood

Post by Rey'th » Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:03 am

Jericho took the pain killers. "Thanks."

After a few long minutes in silence, unmoving, the PI pulled himself to his feet.
Nano-drones? This Running game was getting too complicated. Used to be you just had to look out for men with guns or pointy hats, now you had to watch out for cameras with guns, doors that would shoot a fireball up your ass if you didn't put the right code in, and now miniature goddamn attack ships.

He checked Pie over for any signs of physical wounds but found nothing.
"You aren't riddled with holes so they were either injecting us or spraying some aerosol poison. I'd go for the former given the hardware I have on board!"

"Guess we'd better get going. A little more cautiously though. keep an eye out for more of those little fuckers."

Pie
New Blood
New Blood

Post by Pie » Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:39 am

"Something's been bothering me..." said Pie, "Well actually a lot of things are bothering me, the most recent being nearly killed by a remote controlled wasp! But one thing in particular.
We know what happened to the poor people sealed in their apartments. They starved to death. But what about the people not sealed in? There are quite a few open doors and quite a few empty apartments. Now, they could have been elsewhere in this hell hole when it all kicked off, or they could have opened their doors and come out into the corridor. There's no signs of blood, or gunshots, or any struggle at all in these corridors, so where are they?"
Before Jericho could answer Pie continues, "Before we get the hell outta Dodge, I want to check for a survivor in those 8 guards we just took out. Just a few questions I need to ask..."

One of Pie's more useful talents was the ability to konw how many of a particular object are in the surrounding area. That was how he found the med-kit and that's how he knows there are no killer wasp drones in the immediate area. Slowly he moves out into the corridor, checking both ways for any advancing Renraku, and sensing the presence of drones.
All clear.
Resetting the chameleon suit back to the colour of the walls Pie, followed by Jericho, retrace their steps back along the corridor to the lobby area. They pass the 4 guards caught by a grenade lying lifeless in the corridor before slowly approaching the last corner leading to the lobby.
There's no sound of movement, and no tiny drones appear on Pie's radar.
All clear.
Cautiously Pie peers around the corner...

Perception: 9 5 5 5 3 2 - Any sign of more guards or is it just the 4 prone bodies?