IC - Mad World

This is the area for all Terrestrial In Character Posts.

Moderators: arcanus, Curren, Drake, Otto, Black

arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by arcanus » Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:26 am

The woman was tough, in his limited years Sinner had still been well trained in identifying body language and signs of anxiety.
Audrey showed none of these signs, instead focusing on the situation in hand.

"Apart from a splitin headache, I'm good, how about you Mr?"

Sinner
New Blood
New Blood

Post by Sinner » Fri Feb 22, 2008 2:00 pm

"Mister will do. And I'm fine. Glad to hear you aren't hurt. When we get to someplace safe I'll see if we've got anything for the headache.

"It probably doesn't seem like it now but you were really lucky crashing into me back then."
Sinner's smile carried warmth this time.

The limo was up ahead, racing through traffic and the jeep accelerated to catch it up.

Before Audrey had time to respond to the elf’s statement Sinner began speaking again.
“We probably saved your life, isn’t that right, Mr Yen?”
“He doesn’t say much, does our Mr Yen,” he whispered conspiratorially.
“If we’d left you back there, that road gang would have robbed you, and could well have done a few rather more unpleasant things to a pretty young lady such as yourself.”
Is she pretty and young?
Again Sinner went on , not letting her speak. “So, Audrey, what do you do that lets you be out on a bike in the middle of the day? Hang on a minute! Those guys weren't after you, were they?"
--Be good. Leave the sinning to me.--

arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by arcanus » Fri Feb 22, 2008 3:39 pm

"Actually Mister Mister, I'm a trid reporter" replies Audrey.
Mr Yens face adopts a frown.

Sinner
New Blood
New Blood

Post by Sinner » Sat Feb 23, 2008 7:01 am

All sorts of thoughts and conerns race through the elf's head, but his face remains composed.

"And just what is it that you are reporting on that has got this go-gang all fired up?"

As the jeep approached the limo Sinner eased off on the power, dropping in behind it.

arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by arcanus » Sat Feb 23, 2008 10:10 pm

Sinner wrote:"And just what is it that you are reporting on that has got this go-gang all fired up?".
"I have no idea, my job is a roving eye, just got to keep up, avoid the mayhem and keep filming!"
Audrey flinches as a further pair of drones explode above the jeep, the animated form of Silk taking great pleasure in picking them off.

It is at that point that Sinner becomes aware of something a little amiss, the rear tyres of the Pontiac are completely shredded, in fact the rear left down to its rims.
However this dosen't inhibit the limo one little bit, due to the fact that despite its considerable cargo the limo is floating and being propelled.

Sinner
New Blood
New Blood

Post by Sinner » Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:54 am

arcanus wrote:"I have no idea, my job is a roving eye, just got to keep up, avoid the mayhem and keep filming!"
"Keep up and keep filming?" Sinner spares her a quick glance. "Keep up with what?" He knows full well what Audrey is filming but wants to hear her say it. He want's to avoid a full interrogation and the spilling of her blood, if at all possible.

arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by arcanus » Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:31 am

Sinner wrote:"Keep up and keep filming?" Sinner spares her a quick glance. "Keep up with what?" He knows full well what Audrey is filming but wants to hear her say it. He want's to avoid a full interrogation and the spilling of her blood, if at all possible.
"Keep up with the action of course, I'm Freelance, my assignment is to film 'Cannonball', from the ground in the middle of the action!"

Sinner
New Blood
New Blood

Post by Sinner » Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:54 pm

"You'll have to forgive me, I'm not local. What on earth is Cannonball?" Sinner asks in his BBC Cambridge accent!!

arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by arcanus » Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:44 pm

Sinner wrote:"You'll have to forgive me, I'm not local. What on earth is Cannonball?" Sinner asks in his BBC Cambridge accent!!
"The Cannonball is a trid show, where teams of runners compete on the interstates, to disable the other, aren't you a team"

Sinner
New Blood
New Blood

Chagrinned!

Post by Sinner » Tue Feb 26, 2008 7:17 am

"No we bloody well aren't!!" Sinner almost growled the words, then seeing the sudden look of concern on Audrey's face he calmed.
"Well, at least we weren't. I have a feeling somebody may have volunteered us."

"Ah!" was all Audrey could think to say, what else could she?

Sinners voice became cold, "It's your lucky day, Miss Audrey. I was going to get as much information from you as possible and then kill you, but I think that won't happen now. But I would still like some info, and your help." He noticed that the woman's face had blanched.

"Don't worry. You'll live to ride another day. You may even get a decent story out of this. With a bit of selected editing, of course."

"We'll talk..." he paused whilst he concentrated on steering the battered jeep around an old Buick, "later."

A sudden thought occurred to the elf. "One other thing," he smiled at Audrey. "What is the prize for the winning team?"