IC - Mad World

This is the area for all Terrestrial In Character Posts.

Moderators: arcanus, Curren, Drake, Otto, Black

Pie
New Blood
New Blood

Post by Pie » Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:12 am

Pie noticed Jericho's gaze fall on the dwarf, then the orc. He also noticed the drone and the arcane symbols, probably meaning Jericho was assessing who could do what.
"You're probably wondering what my particular talents are." said Pie, watching the tell tale facial muscles that he has studied for years.
"I'm no rigger or mage", and there they were. Tiny twinges around the eyes that let Pie know he was right, Jericho had just been wondering what his talents are, but there was also a sudden suspicious air about the bald man.
"Don't worry, I'm not psychic either" replied Pie to the question Jericho hadn't asked. "I'm a people person. I can generally tell what someone's thinking just by their body language and such, but I'm also very good at getting into places I'm not allowed in. Hence, I think, my late night booty call tonight."
He turns to face Jericho "I would guess that your training started very young, judging by what I've seen tonight. Probably an ex company man? Although perhaps gone legit now, maybe working with John Q. Law instead of against him?"

Rey'th
New Blood
New Blood

Post by Rey'th » Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:47 am

"Close, but I've stayed clear of corporations. Cut my teeth on the battlefield."
Strange, Jericho thought, that he had just revealed a fact about his own true background. He hoped Pie wouldn't ask which conflict. Telling him a lie, given his forte, probably wouldn't work, and telling him the truth, that he fought in the Euro-Wars would only reveal more than he currently wished. After all, his new youthful body didn't fit the agegroup for a veteran of those conflicts.

"But now I am a private investigator," Jericho added looking to steer the conversation away from his background.

arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin

Going In

Post by arcanus » Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:58 pm

<Snake Eye circuits activated> The control centre was dim, illuminated only by emergency lighting and the glow of the consoles.
Illuminating the hard faces of corp operatives <Cannon fodder have reached the terminal>
<Affirmative>
<Entry team A have reached the roof, no signs of automated resistance>
<Entry team B have affected lakeside transgress navigating duct entrance>
<Entry team C, landing difficult, loss of CCSS signal, potential abort>
<Re-acquire>
<Confirmed>
<Cannon fodder have disembarked, enroute to ticket mall, no hostile response so far>
<Entry team C, landing achieved, effecting entrance into residential floors>
An eerie quiet settled over the room, this lasted for the eternity of ten minutes.
<Cannon fodder have been engaged> silence once again descended
<Jesus, they've been taken apart>
<How?>
The images were frantic, as the gangers were seemingly attacked from all sides, the watchers received audio of automatic fire.
Some of the gangers seemed to die within seconds from cardiac arrest, others from a hail of bullets.
Silence once again descended across the control centre, the greater concern was that the biometric monitors were indicating some of them were still alive, alive but subdued.

arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin

Be Still My Beating Heart

Post by arcanus » Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:37 pm

'103' White noise behind the eyeballs
'103' Muscles tight, cramps seizing muscles
'103' Hearing overtaken by blood pounding to loudly
'103' Lips and gums bloodied by the involuntary bite, caused by spasm
'103' Body temperature 45 °C, life threatening
'103' Beats per minute'
GM wrote:Pie & Jericho make Biomed rolls?

Rey'th
New Blood
New Blood

Re: Be Still My Beating Heart

Post by Rey'th » Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:22 am

arcanus wrote:
Ok: 11 7 4 3 3 2

Pie
New Blood
New Blood

Re: Be Still My Beating Heart

Post by Pie » Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:54 am

Have to default to IQ, which is...

IQ: 7 5 5 4 3 3

arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin

Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy

Post by arcanus » Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:27 am

Pie could not avoid letting out a cry of pain, Jericho managed to suppress doing the same, at the price of his veins literally threatening to tear themselves from his forehead.
The pair thrashed around, until military training and Jericho's unhuman stubborness allowed him to shove his hand into his webbing and pull his medkit out.
Pulling out an auto-injector he fired a shot of 'Amlodipine' into his system, without waiting to see if it was successful on him he jabbed Pie in the kneck.

The cardiac suppressant fortunately did its job, their heart beats fell, blood pressure lowering.
Both soldier and thief looked at each other "I don't like those stairs" commented Pie, with absolute seriousness "I don't like them at all!"

Rey'th
New Blood
New Blood

Post by Rey'th » Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:57 pm

Jericho slumped down onto the floor of some unknown persons abandoned apartment. His entire body ached and his skull felt as though it were splitting in two.
Breathing heavily he glanced across to his new companion who looked just as bed as he felt.
Letting the syringe drop he could only nod his consent to Pie's declaration.
“Sorry.” It was all he could muster at the moment and even that had hurt.
Sorry for what? That was the reply that he was expecting.
And what indeed? He was sorry for getting Pie into this. If he'd brought him into his meeting then the guy would have been free to gain access however he saw fit. Not tied in with a silly old man.
He was sorry that he had got caught up in the moment and agreed to come flying in here on this damned foolish mission. He was sorry that he hadn't caught this for the arse-fuck that it really was.
They wanted to send in a load of expendable nobodies in the hope that they may be able to glean something from their assaults, no, from their massacre.
The bastards knew what they were sending them in to, and he fell for it. You may have a new younger body but but your bloody mind still belongs to an old man.
“Pie we're fucked. We don't have the right equipment or the right back-up. We need to get the hell out of here!”

Pie
New Blood
New Blood

Post by Pie » Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:38 pm

"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit" replied Pie dryly. "Only way to be sure..."
Pie winced visibly with pain as he moved position, mindful of the noise and possible attraction of more Renraku security.
"We both knew there would [wince] be challenges and risks... looks like we both got the scale wrong. If it's any help, I have a feeling we fared a lot better than the other teams... I just..." Pie seemed to lose himself in his thoughts for a moment, "I just don't know what the fuck is going on. We need astral eyes, that's for sure. I do know that no chemical agent could have affected us like that, so quickly. It had to be magical in nature... either a spirit, or some kind of sustained spell, or something, and if the stairs are guarded/haunted by magic then it's going to get worse the deeper we go. Maybe those guards weren't stopping people going into the stairs... maybe they were stopping something coming out..."

arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by arcanus » Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:18 pm

GM wrote:Make Perception Rolls?