The Game Room 09-05-14

Background information for the Infinite Worlds.

Moderators: arcanus, Otto

arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin

The Game Room 09-05-14

Post by arcanus » Fri May 09, 2014 9:38 pm

Etheria III City of London.
The intercom chimed breaking Reynolds from his examination of the Broadsheets, Gwenda peered around the door "Your Aunt to see you sir" she said with her eyes raised
(20:23:25) (Reynolds): "Oh, god, oh god, oh god!" He mumbles under his breath before forcing a smile into place and standing ready to greet the old battleaxe.
(20:24:14) (Reynolds): Where am I?
(20:24:37) (Reynolds): ... and i got London!!
(20:25:01) arcanus: London Etheria III
(20:25:44) (Reynolds): Theatre? Knightsbridge>
(20:29:48) arcanus: Would have to be offices in Knightsbridge
(20:30:16) (Reynolds): okay
(20:32:02) arcanus: Aunt Catherine manoeuvred her way into the office, his dismissive body language excusing Gwenda with indifference, "Sebastian" she purred
(20:33:48) (Reynolds): "Aunt Catherine," he beams stepping forward to take her hand before offering her a seat. "To what do I owe this pleasure?"
(20:35:50) arcanus: "I need little reason to visit my eldest nethew and custodian of the Reynolds name"
(20:37:02) (Reynolds): "Oh yes you bloody well do!" he thinks silently to himself. Instead he asks if she would like tea?
(20:41:56) arcanus: Aunt Catherine sits quietly, Gwenda quietly bringing in a fresh pot and crockery, leaving you to pour, your aunt sits quietly while she is served
(20:42:50) arcanus: "Rebecca informs me that you have been away on family business, quite extensively?" she asks quietly whilst sipping her tea
(20:44:32) (Reynolds): "Does she, indeed?" He smiles as he sips his tea, wishing for moment that he had slipped one of JP's concoctions into hers.
(20:45:22) (Reynolds): He stifles a grin as an image of Aunt Catherine, off her face, slips into his mind.
(20:48:45) arcanus: "Don't be difficult Sebastian I have a right to know how the estate prospers!"
(20:51:28) (Reynolds): Smiling through the rising ire, he says, "It is good of you to show concern for the estate, Aunt Catherine, but really," he pauses for dramatic effect, "the estate is indeed prospering very well. You have no need to worry."
(20:54:59) arcanus: A slight frown flickers across her face before the veneer reasserts itself "So talking of the future of the dynasty, how goes your search for a suitable wife?"
(20:59:56) (Reynolds): Reynolds steeples his fingers together as he contemplates his answer. Then he shrugs, as though deciding against something before he says, "It isn't."
(21:03:55) (Reynolds): ((don't know why but i keep getting kicked out. must be the tinter-web through my phone playing up?
(21:20:31) arcanus: Aunt Catherine was a lady in her mid forties, her husband dead and buried, however for a woman in her middle years she still held her fierce looks.
(21:24:14) (Reynolds): Reynolds, almost laughed again but magaed to keep a lid on it. He remained silent. He'd heard this mantra many times before and had found it was best just to let the woman have her say.
(21:24:28) (Reynolds): *managed
(21:26:22) arcanus: Her eyes narrowing, she smiled "That's wonderful news dear, it is the start of the season, many debutentes will be ready to present themselves, I'm sure a suitable girl will be amongst them!"
(21:31:08) (Reynolds): A frown crept across his face. "You are assuming, of course, that this years offerings will be interested in me?" Perhaps they would see me as not being a worthy catch? After all, who would want a husband who is never around? I travel a lot in order to keep my rediculously large fortune just that, I am not exactly in a position to raise a family just now. Any woman I marry would be going it alone."
(21:37:04) arcanus: Aunt Catherine seemed genuinely pleased that Sebastian was discussing the subject "Oh Sebastian you are funny, you've just described literally all of societies wives, once your married the lucky girl can concentrate on bringing up our heir while you travel the globe"
(21:39:16) (Reynolds): Sighing heavily in defeat. "Alright, who is she?"
(21:48:59) arcanus: "Oh no one yet, but I have a few ideas, oh how exciting, thank you Sebastian you don't know how much I've worried about this" with that she stands, exchanges kisses with you and departs.
(21:52:50) (Reynolds): Reynolds watched her leave and shrugs. "Oh well, at least if she introduces me to some young ladies I might get to sleep with one or two of them,2 he thinks aloud as he returns to his desk.
(21:53:50) arcanus: (Make a Dex roll?)
(21:55:12) ChatBot: (Reynolds) rolls 3d6 and gets 3,5,5.
(21:55:20) (Reynolds): 13 out of 17

arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin

The Game Room 09-05-14

Post by arcanus » Fri May 09, 2014 9:39 pm

Three Weeks Later - Mahanadi, India
(22:06:28) arcanus: Samuel Brocklesby was not a man easily shaken, however as the sky freighter hurtled across the Indian skies, rainforest racing away below them, Reynolds could understand his concern.