The Travellers Tales of Otto Von Weirdigan

Details and a record of the characters exploits, successes and failures within the Parallel Worlds.

Moderators: arcanus, Otto

Otto
Solo
Solo

Re: The Travellers Tales of Otto Von Weirdigan

Post by Otto » Tue May 29, 2012 7:11 pm

Trance stands and swings a tray into the attackers face, sending him reeling.
The attacker stands and but flies back as your almighty fist crashes into his chest, momentarily your arms metal over.

"If this is how things are going to be, I'm in,” says Trance as it sends the same tray frisbee style across the room to catch the attacker in the side of the head.
"Don'tcha love combat sub-routines"

A window opens in your right eyes field, visible to only you, you see Zorranson crouch beside you, and his poise indicates he is wary and ready to move.
Slowly he moves out of your camouflage.

"So what do I call you?” says Trance

'You can call me Otto' says Otto as he activates his internal vocal comms to the real world, and dodges another insect/humanoid that had been launched from somewhere!

'What's happening? What is wrong?' Otto's voice crackles quietly from his wrist computer on Gothika.

Zorranson starts, and turns, quietly he whispers "Black Ork scouts, we think its just a patrol but Freyan and Baros are watching"

"This way" says Trance, leading you from the confusing bar
You shimmer entering several different Nodes, before dropping through the ceiling of a tunnel; you notice that the tunnel is constructed of water.
"Careful" Trance says, "These backways are rigged up, so where are we trying to get to?"

'That's a bloody good question' Otto thinks to himself.
Will the dragon net be an accurate reflection of the real world? Similar to the astral plane mate?
Computer of 28 a crit!
How can I get where I want to go?
The Dragon Net is a purely technological entity, however as with all things in the empire things arcane do impinge on technology: technomagic.

Conceivably there would be arcane points within the Dragon-Net where technomagic systems are linked to the net as a whole.

'I need to find a map room Trance, a node that will take me where I need to go' Otto says decisively
I will as we move scan for any magical nodes that are in the vicinity. With a 16
"Look I'm no expert, but there’s rumours of a Programmer in the North Core who helps runners, or rather trades help"
Make a Net Search roll and a Computer roll
Net Search of 18
Computer of 14

Otto
Solo
Solo

Post by Otto » Tue May 29, 2012 7:14 pm

Its been a while you think to yourself, your net vision starts tracing the lines of the H20 walls, as you do this you begin to rewrite the framework of the corridor.
As you do so, lines of water like gossamer threads criss-cross the corridor, as Trace heads into them.

Activate a defensive program, to give us some protection if we are pressed on entering this doorway.
As Trance enters the watery strand, time seems to slow as the droplets wash across its orange form, a reverberation seems to ripple through the passage.
I'll whilst he isn't aware of it give this Trance an in depth scan. Computer of 21
Again it reveals only code, indicating either an advanced program or a user shrouded in a half decent stealth sub-routine.
Make a Search roll
Search of 16 mate.
Your code analysis allows you to see that both Trance and yourself are right in the middle of the watery strands.

Does this look like a node? Almost like a teleport area?
Make a Net Geography Roll
Net Geography of 26 a crit!
Your analysis indicates that you are in fact in the middle of a datastream heading to a node, however the watery strands are an alarm mechanism.

Can I isolate the mechanism, or put a delay on the alarm being set off until we are well away from this location? I doubt if we will be coming back this very way!
Computer of 19
Make a further Net Geography and Hide Roll
Geography 10
Hide 17
"FUCKING BASKETS" roars sting as he shoots out, plunging his teeth into the watery strands, immediately the strands seem to calcify or freeze.

"MOVE IT BASTARDS,” he shrieks, "AS IF WE'VE ALL DAY!!!!!!!"

Otto laughs silently at Stings comments even with the gravity of the current situation.
Do I know which way to go?
Make a Search roll
Search of 16
Make an initiative roll
Initiative of 12
A reverberation returns down the watery corridor. You realise a fraction too late, as the h20 strands thicken and then explode. The corridor immediately floods and picks both Otto and Trance up and sweeping you both off in a huge surge.

'Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiittttttttt!!!' Otto yells as he tumbles pell mell down the corridor.

Otto
Solo
Solo

Post by Otto » Tue May 29, 2012 7:17 pm

I will shift my persona to that of a fish and attempt to do the same for Trance, this will give me the opportunity to swim back through the blast of water and back up the submerged corridor and not just be swept along with the wave. Basically so we have more control over our descent.
Web usage of 16
As you hurriedly attempt to rewrite, it flashes Code Error, Code Error, 'Need more Rewrites' you think, amidst the screaming.

As you thrash around within the torrent, you see streaks of what appear to be ice shooting through the water from the direction you came.

"KARABUNGA, ARSE" bellows Sting.

I'll attempt a form of shield on our personas; I take it this ice is coming towards us with the torrent?

Is it ice as in chilly, ore ice as in attack programs?

You take correctly, as in both.
I will deploy diversionary tactics i.e. decoys. Chaff and Flare if you will.

Computer use of 19
Several Rewrites encode from your memory.

"HASTA LAVISTA BALLSACKS" again bellows Sting, as beams of electric blue code stream fro his serpentine maw, your form bulks up your plating becoming denser.

The ice shower strikes, exploding off your tech carapace.

As you turn you see the torrent has carried Trance further, towards an aperture.

As it cascades into the exit, the ice shards strike, several exploding through Trance, and then it disappears.

What disappears? The ice or Trance?

Trance after being hit by the ice.

Can I try and reform his program. Sort of like a regeneration of his code? I'll use a deed point if needs be.

You need to find Trance first; it has disappeared through the aperture.

Prepare more countermeasures and masking and a shield program and follow it into the aperture!

Otto
Solo
Solo

Post by Otto » Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:39 pm

Allowing the torrent to carry you, you are discharged out through the opening.

Immediately you feel the cold grip of the void, enshroud you; vapour begins to pour out of your joints, mouths and the creases in your carapace.

Although oxygen is not a concern in the net, you can feel your vital code streaming from your body.

I will quickly try and rewrite my vital code to accept the lack of oxygen.
Computer of 16
(Fortitude and Computer Rolls)
Fortitude of 13
Computer of 23
A quick rewrite and your carapace closes and seals.

Around you is a great crystal framework reminding you of some great glittering spiders web.

Deep down through the gaps of the mesh, lies a scattered cloud of Trance.
Otto peers into the menacing gloom, and makes a conscious effort to avoid the crystal framework. The primal fear of giant spiders firmly in his thought.

He finds a clear place and Otto starts to tap his feet and sing an old Arcturian bar song (mentioning 'Bodees Hypernuts' naturally!) and starts gesturing and shaping fractals and creating shapes out of thin air. As the program grows and shapes his actions and gestures become more frantic and energised. Imagine an orchestra conductor and Disney’s 'The Sorcerers apprentice' on acid! There will be accompanying music too!

I'm going to attempt to create a Henry the Hoover programme! Basically what it will do (with its extended hose) it will suck up all of the bits of Trance into the hoover.

The hoover will then action the subroutine of reforming Trance!!"
Computer of 24
Your plan works as you gather Trance, up into a transparent bag upon your side.

As Trance's components swirl around the container, you spy several forms seeming to swim through the void, towards you.

I'll grab the hoover handle and activate some diversionary subroutines. It will appear that my form is multiplied and shoots almost like a trid image around the space.
Computer of 12
Can I see anywhere to escape to? Spot of 15.

Otto
Solo
Solo

Post by Otto » Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:17 pm

The area seems to resist your efforts to multiply.
However you do spot a route through the webwork.

I will reform into a snake like shape not unlike the same colours and shape as the web work (ala Sting) and make my swiftly but stealthily to the exit, using the web work as cover.
Net Geography & Hide Roll
As you slip through the webwork, you glance at the other reality.

You see a flurry of movement outside your camouflage, beyond your hearing capability; your sensors detect the sharp crack of a neck bone and the tearing of flesh.
Net Geography 17
Hide 21
I open a view window in my eye to see the real world.

Draconic Serpents slip through the webwork, their glowing eyes scanning the area.

Your now serpentine form moves along the lengths of the webwork.

Access Node identified, returns the analytical routine, it occurs to you that this node will have significant firewalls.

The flurry of movement continues in the bushes around the camo net, Freyan ducks under, his face sweaty, with some cuts and bruises.

"If you can hear me Otto, we encountered a scouting party, we may not have long!"

'Ok, I'm moving as fast as I can. Hold tight. If you are pressed leave me here and escape, hopefully the camouflage will buy me enough time to finish the job. I Repeat if you are pressed, leave me here and escape.' The intercom crackles on Otto's wrist comp to the real world.

I will ascence the node passively. What can I see mate?
Computer of 19
There is no response, the Node does indeed have significant Firewalls, and it also has an alarm that you surmise will go straight to the dragon serpents.

Right, I'm going to attempt to slip through the firewall. Essentially becoming the Firewall and therefore not tripping the alarm! I will also prepare a counter to prevent the alarm going off if tripped.

Also I will have (with my perfect memory) traced the way I came so I can make a hasty retreat if I am successful or not.

Otto
Solo
Solo

Post by Otto » Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:20 pm

I will use a deed point, and expend 3000 experience points in all of this.
Max, do I seem to be in the Orc Shamans body?
Analysing the Firewall you begin to decipher its code, in doing so your own code alters to match it.

Tentatively you approach and enter the wall, it ripples around you.

You wince as you hear each twinge or tinkle chime through the wall, however slowly as you like you slip through, at that point you are gripped as if suddenly caught by gravity

You rocket into a tube, hurtling down you arrive in an ornate entrance hall, glyphs and arcane writings adorn the walls in swirling gold set on emerald.

Fires jet up from ornate golden pipes set into the floor, giving the chamber a warm ethereal glow.

Knowing that haste is now paramount I will quickly scan the room. Can I decipher the glyphs?
Cryptography of 27
Spot of 1! Eeek!

Your vision pixelates.
I will try and debug myself with an 18.
You clear the rogue glitches out; the chambers the glyphs reveal that this is a gateway portal, leading to other secure nodes.
I scan this gateway for more traps etc. Computer of 21
Yes, there is a further alarm linked to the gateway.

I will attempt to blend in with the node as I did last time.

Are there any guardians around? Visible or Invisible?

I will not attempt to move until I'm certain.
(Make a Sensors Roll)
Sensors of 15
You sensors do not indicate anyone waiting, the walls of the hall glisten with the movement of the golden glyphs upon them.
Columns support a plain white ceiling, still the wall shimmers, as if constantly rewriting itself.
Trance's bits float absently within the container upon your shoulder, from your stealth point, Sting rises and silently looks around.
I'll attempt to reform Trance Computers of 21
Using a combination of Guerrilla Repair, Programming and Net Lore you visualise the pattern of Trances virtua makeup, weaving the parts back onto the invisible frame that now stands before you.

As you do so, the frame seems to become energised by a golden light, and Trance solidifies into the frame, instead of assuming the orange cloud form, assuming a more solid humanoid form, hard lines and few features.

"I thought I'd never get back in, it breathes, had to wait for you to open the way, that dump shorted all my bio-shunts!"

At that point an armoured figure steps out of the gold glyph wall.

Otto
Solo
Solo

Post by Otto » Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:24 pm

The figures colour changes to a deep brass, appearing to be some form of knight made from armoured layers (Very similar to a samurai).
It immediately draws a sidearm and brings it to bear!
Make an Initiative Roll
Initiative of 17

I will attempt to divert the attacking programs attack.
Creating some form of force shield.
Programming & Ref Save
Programming 16
Ref of 12
You blur placing yourself between Trance and the attacker, two Code Ripper beams lance across the space, both reflect off your armour.

I will create a feedback so the beams deflect back onto the IC program
Computers of 15
The beams shoot wide, the IC moves into a move central position and fires again.
6 Points of damage
Ouch!

I'll move and close its position, I will power punch the IC and attempt to drains its power from it like a leech by keeping my fists inside it!
Computers of 18
Initiative and Attack rolls
Initiative of 16
Attack of 19
Roll 2D6+8 Damage
13 points
Your talons tear into the armoured figures chest; sparks and bits of code spew out, levelling its Codegun it fires again.
The beams cut into your left forward leg.
5 Pts Damage
I will grimace in pain, but I will steel myself and plunge into the epicentre of the IC. I will bodily lift it above my head and absorb its code into mine. Thus giving the security the impression I am one of its own when (or if) I can make it through the portal.
Computer of 18

What is Trance up to?
3D6+12 Damage
Its form shudders with the damage being wrought, you fail to lift it above your head.
Twisting its way from your grasp, it swings its leg up into your side, the impact absorbed by your armour, but enough to throw you back.

With the energy I have absorbed from it, I will throw the force back at it in a blast.
Computer of 18
A stream of cold code energy surges out from over your shoulder, blasting into the figure, it struggles.
On a sensory level you detect the beginnings of an alarm, from the falling opponent.

"YOU FACKER, YOU FACKER, YA GOIN DOWN DOWN DOWN,
DOWN!!" Roars Sting

Freeze the alarm before it starts, by taking the persona of the IC and imitating it ala Tron.
I will use my hacking pool (if there is one!) to help freeze it.

'Shhhh Sting' Otto says quietly.
Computer of 18
A jolt of energy courses through the figure, as it stumbles to the floor.
A net of code sweeps out encompassing the alarm, the figure springs back to its feet driven by system resources.
It draws a long thick katana like sword and swings.
Initiative Roll
Initiative of 15
I will leap back from the blade, and when (or if) it sweeps past me I will rush in and grab the arm holding it. I will with the momentum the IC is making with the slash turn it around and use the katana in its hand cut its link with the system using the blade. I will be ready to hold the alarm from going off.
Make a Ref Save, attack roll and computer roll
Sparks explode around you as you fight, the glyphs upon the walls shimmer with Virtual energies. Trance watches trying to stay apart from the two of you.
Ref of 18
Attack of 15
Computer of 22

Otto
Solo
Solo

Post by Otto » Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:28 pm

Metallic spikes bristle across your code hide, exploding out into a net, filling the virtual atmosphere.
In the midst of it you battle, trading blows, until your paw whips around seizing the sword, immediately your swing slices through your opponents code, its form unravelling, with a unpleasant gurgling sound.
An alarm program flies into the ether, seized by the spines and dropping to the floor.

"Wow" says Trance

I will assimilate some of the code from the downed IC into myself, hopefully getting information about the system and using the IC signature to help my stealth program.
'Lets get out of here geezer!' He says to Trance.
Is the access point open? I'll scan it for security systems.

The Access Point is open, scanning reveals the alarms you identified previously, which are now each encased in metallic spikes, like iron filings stuck to a magnet.

You hurtle through the dataline beyond the Access Point; distantly you see the crystal spider’s web.
"Wow" exclaims Trance
Your reality judders sideways, as if driving a land vehicle you'd reached such a speed that you began to move sideways as well as forwards, you drop into a darker tube which rather than shooting along seems to drag you.

You break through some form of barrier, standing; you are within a conical chamber made of a combination of crystal and glass.
You senses geared toward Arcane Science identify various glyphs and runes.

In true Wizard of Oz stylee, a huge emerald green face, akin to a genie, appears within the largest deposit of crystal, its image mirrored hundreds of times around the chamber.

"WHO ENTERS MY SANCTUM?!"

Trance falls to its knees, its amorphous arms holding the sides of its head.
Make a Will save
Will of 18
As your software screens the sonic code assault, your headware switches to multi-tasking.
Looking through your headware into the material world, you hear silence, and then spot blood.

Blood? What has happened? I'll check in the real world more in depth.

'I want to be able to access a person so I can save my fiancées life, I need a blood sample from it' Otto shouts above the sonic noise as he too sinks to his knees with forelegs and hind legs.
'And if you're going to help, sooner rather than later would be appreciated as it looks like trouble is upon us again in the material world'
'Yes or No? I need to know so I can either way get out of your domain!'

Your scans in the prime, indicate Ork blood, mana imprints indicate some form of charm around yourself, ramping up your amped hearing you detect the sounds of battle further away.

<Your virtua form is struck this time not by sound but by a probe some form of scan, as it does the crystals and glass around the chamber are illuminated with the scenes of yourself on Gothica, your heartache and then rejoice as you found Amdea once again, then your worry as she is afflicted.

Similarly Trance is scanned, to your combined puzzlement, amusement and pride to some degree, you see a teenaged girl, flicked out black hair sitting in a small manufactured room.
One immediately recognisable as a pre-fab in an orbital dwelling.

<"Tough kid" says Sting the quietest you've ever heard him>

In the prime, again your attention is drawn back; your medical sensors show a drop in temperature, an acceleration of your heartbeat and increase in adrenal levels - FEAR.

<A formidable, sinister black shape comes onto a crystal, not so much as a moving toward you, but floating, this movement in itself something abhorrent, unnatural.>

<Threat analysis significant - activate gene-heka sequence.
You hear in your mind>

Otto
Solo
Solo

Post by Otto » Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:35 pm

The figure reaches you, with a gesture of its alabaster hand, so smooth it seems to emit its own radiance, the ends of its fingers clawed like some avian.

The gesture is one for you to rise, you do so, floating to a standing position.
From the darkness of its face, a visage you do not want to see, 2 inch long fangs open in anticipation.

<SEQUENCE INITIATED - Otto Von Weirdigan - COME ON DOWN>

<Runes flood the chamber, golden light enshrouds everything>

Your sight returns, taking in your bearings you immediately silence any movement from yourself.
The tent you stand in is made from a framework of huge rib cages, with skin unlike that of something humanoid making its canvas.
Outside you can hear heavy footsteps moving around the tent, heavy breathing and a constant flow of curses in pigeon orkish.

Across the tent you see a large older ork, your headware draws a diagram over him
<Biological heka match>
<"Thats our FACKIN BOY" roar
s Sting much more in character>
<"What a ride" says Trance, both from somewhere inside you headware core>
Move silently roll
Concentration of 28 Crit!
Move silently of 19
Spot of 13
Recovering from your shock, you motivate yourself stepping across behind a pillar draped in furs.
The tent is a smelly affair, you forego the diagnostic of what those smells are, and best not to know you think to yourself.
There’s an odd silence within the camp, broken occasionally by the expected sound of fighting between the orks.

The big ork within the tent shuffles around, and then drops into a hammock like hide chair.
He sniffs the air then, then looks down at what appears to be a black parchment.

What is it reading?
Spot of 16
You can't tell the content, however mana readings bleed off from showing some unpleasant emotional content, a sense of pain is mingled with the energy, as well as the entropy bleeding off him.

Does he seem to be infected by the same disease that Arriana is?

Your scans indicate that there are similarities of the entropic patterns, but there is only one way to know for sure - Blood.

I will, with all the concentration and actions of a surgeon (Otto is as you know) Otto will produce a scalpel from a web program and slowly cut through the planes separating me from the orc (if there is any!)
I will do this carefully and slowly so as not to alert him to my presence.
Computer roll of 18
Surgery of 17
Cutting through, you step through, seeming to slide across the distance between you and the ork.

Further to the stealth roll, I will create some kind of anesthetic program in the form of a hypodermic needle that will inject itself into the orc. This will deaden the alarm (i.e. the pain sensors of the subject) and then I will withdraw some blood from it with the same (cpu disinfected) hypo. I suppose you could liken it to a mosquito bite but with even less irritation.
I will sneak slowly into range to do it, and then I will execute the programs.
Stealth 17
Surgery 27
Computers 23
<Threat analysis significant - activate gene-heka sequence>

<SEQUENCE INITIATED - Otto Von Weirdigan - COME ON DOWN>

Your form enshrouded by a golden nimbus of runes, you step through, the ork looks up in surprise and shock, as it attempts to burst to its feet a dart again enshrouded in a greenish mist lands in its throat.
A strangled gasp emits from its lips, as it stumbles toward the tent flap and then sinks to its knees.

A surge of anger runs through you, colouring your nimbus with dark red, this is the creature that afflicted Amdea.

Otto
Solo
Solo

Post by Otto » Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:38 pm

<Activate remote gene-heka sequence - physical fluid transfer>

<SEQUENCE INITIATED - Otto Von Weirdigan - TONIGHTS THE NIGHT< THE PRICE ISSSSSSSSSS>

Blood flows out of its neck looping through a watery portal and back through the Dragon-Net.
Outside the tent a powerful entropic pattern arrives, commotion breaks out through the camp.

Have I got what I need mate?
Make an Initiative and Hide Roll
Initiative (I think it was +6 in the net) 15
Hide of 14

I will utilise my stealth programs and also mask Trance as well. I will use a deed point!

The nimbus around you colours to a dull blackish purple, swirling you spin avoiding a burly Black Ork who bursts into the tent, another tears in through the other side.
They look down at their unmoving leader, a howl tears from the lips of the second.
Your understanding of ork being not to bad you pick out their reference to the leader being dead, then the first beheads the leader.
The second turns as if something dawns upon him and stares right at you.

Otto must be appearing to them as almost like a Ghost of energy so thinking quickly Otto raises himself to full height and roars 'DEATH!!!' In Orkish at it! Howling and gibbering insanely!!!!

I must almost look like the ghost out of the beginning of Ghostbusters, but obviously a Chimera!
Intimidation of 12

Then I will enter the net again, and mask myself instantly.

The first of the two stumbles and falls into a heap, the other launches itself at you.
A microsecond thought whizzes through your head along the lines of too stupid to be fearful.
(Net Ref Save (+4)
)

Erm, I'm not too sure of my ref save in the net but I think it might be three.
So Ref of 18
Your form becomes broken with golden speed lines; a serpentine form lashes past you snapping at the ork.
<"GET US OUTTA HERE" shouts Trance>

<Activate remote gene-heka sequence - Recall To Primary Node>
<SEQUENCE INITIATED - Otto Von Weirdigan - ITS NICE TO SEE YOU - TO SEE YOU NICE>

Your code reassembles as the Black Orks axe passes through your porting form.

Your sensors indicate high quantities of blood in the air, the area smells stale, the smell of battle.

You slowly stand from your cover, there are bodies everywhere mostly ork, however amongst them lies Zorranson.
Moving to him his torso has been shredded, or at least the dermis on the front and his face torn open, oddly the recognisable part of his face seems at peace.

'Ya don't need to tell me twice!' Otto roars at Trance.
'MUTHAFUCKERZZZZZZ'
'Shat ap Sting!'
I'll draw up the diagrams of the way out back to my body'
Computer of 23

If the air could grow colder, it does.
Your motion sensors detect movement behind and up.
Slowly turning you feel your mouth dry and a lump in your throat.

On top of a large skeletal tree, stands a dark figure, its arms outstretch, then huge bat like wings unfold from the undersides of its arms.
It floats down toward you.