The Travellers Tales of Otto Von Weirdigan

Details and a record of the characters exploits, successes and failures within the Parallel Worlds.

Moderators: arcanus, Otto

Otto
Solo
Solo

Re: The Travellers Tales of Otto Von Weirdigan

Post by Otto » Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:45 pm

"Don't worry Champion, the pain of your life will soon be met with merciful release"

'Erm, my names not Champion.' Otto says as he thinks quickly.
'He went that way with Hero and Saviour!' pointing in a general direction.
Run up an evasion program with a 26
And also an attack program on him called Slow with a 21

With startling realisation you are aware of your disconnection from the Dragon-Net.
Darting sideways 'Shit' you mentally hiss, activating one of your Arcane technologies your Voltaic Coil, swinging your arm out you see the Glyph Circuit Glow with life, electrical fire illuminates the clearing.

A smoking form crashes into you, teeth and long dagger like fangs; its claws tear through your jacket (3 points of damage).

From your left another form hurtles toward you, as the first lays into you with animal savagery.

With a bestial rage born of fear and anger, I will grab the first form by the throat and physically lift it. Smashing the head of it into the other one who is moving in on me.
Strength roll of 19 (what is my current strength mate?)
Dexterity of 17

The first form is slightly quicker than you dodging your attempt to grab it.
However its attempt to hit you is clumsy your arm snapping around to seize it, power surges through your biomech arms as you bend your legs, pivot and slam the first form into the second.

A moment of shock passes you as you recognise the second form to be Zorranson.

The first form immediately begins to recover, hissing as it does.

<"Tough Bastard" says Sting from your headware>

"This way" turning you see a figure surrounded by an aurora of greenish light, a pale luminescence surrounds it, it extends its hand.

'Shit!' Otto exclaims in shock and mild relief.
With a moment’s hesitation, he grabs the hand.
'Where's Trance?' Otto murmurs with delirium and disorientation and promptly is sick over the figure.

A nauseous sensation passes over you; a wrenching sensation and you look up from your knees at a cold stone chamber.
Icy mist floats from your skin.

Across the chamber you see the figure more distinctly, its dressed in a long cloak, seemingly made up of brass, copper and silver metal disks, the form is female, the skin completely white and drawn so tight to her skull it would appear upon the verge of ripping, which indeed it has on her jaw.
Her eyes noir black, the scalp sparsely populated by thin hair.

She looks with interest from the castle window.

"So you are alone, all alone" she rasps, not looking away from the window.
Sensors indicate no living output from her form; the sounds of massed combat come from below.
As she speaks the heat seems to be drawn from your body, almost as if leeching away your life energy.

<"OUT OF THE FRYIN PAN AND INTO THE FRACKIN FURNACE" roars Sting in your head>

'You're not wrong.' Otto says to Sting.
'Who are you?' Otto asks with growing fury and impatience. 'Alone?' he stands upright.
'I'm never alone' He says defiantly as he taps his chest.
'What do you want with me?' he asks through gritted teeth.
Who is fighting below mate? Can I see? Spot of 16

The figure slowly turns her head toward you.
"Me?" she rasps
"I am Lady Lida Silaphinna, lady of this domain"
A deep core of menace seems to radiate from this being.

Further frosty vapour floats off you, toward her.

She makes attempt to stop you moving to another window, allowing yourself to orientate from momentary vertigo you realise that you are within a tower or similar building hundreds of feet above the plains below.

A battle rages below, Black Skinned orks clash with pale humanoid figures, the battle is carnage with ichor and dismemberment in every corner, but still the inhuman combatants murder on.

A quick assessment indicates that the orks are attempting to gain the lower reaches of the mountain.

'What do you want with me?’ Otto repeats with menace.
I will attempt to stop her vampiric draining of my energy.
Will of 16

The chill becomes a dull ache in your guts; instinctively you take one of the talismans that Freyan gave to you.
An aura closes over you.

"How Quaint" she breathes "What do I want, oh only to deny you from my enemies"

With that she sweeps past you, the heavy sense of oppressive age leaves the room as she glides down the stairs, from the chamber.

I pay her no heed mate.
I look closely out of the window. Who is attacking and who is defending?
Am I in the real world???

The orks are attacking the pale soldiers.
You are indeed in the real world, things have changed virtually though, you never used to have Sting in your Headware.

Run a diagnostics check, including a GPS check. (Similar check like on a sat-nav)
Computers of 21

Location wise you are smack bang in the middle of Skarathera, in the Taltos Mountains, the GPS marks this as an Extremely Dangerous Area.
Diagnostics indicate that your biomechanics are running at 95%, physically you are cut, bruised, tired to the point of exhaustion and extremely hungry.

<"To answer your question facknuts gobbleshite, Trance is still in the Net, unlike me she's not a fackin program">

Is the year the same?

'Well, we need to get her out facknats!' Otto says.

It is the same year.
<"FACK Trance is a girl, eeeew">

'Even more reason to rescue her then! And what the fack are you doing in me ead?' Otto asks.
'Do these folks mean me arm?'
<"Well when you did all that rubbish with jampin around, a door opened so stepped in and er I am">

<"I DON'T FACKIN WELL THINK UR HERE FOR UR HEALTH">

Otto
Solo
Solo

Post by Otto » Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:50 pm

'No, that's for sure!'
So here I am, in a tower like Rapunzelgan……………… Otto thinks………..
Where are Z and crew?

You begin to go through your meat memory, Zorranson, teeth, throat ripped out, coming for you, shit.
Freyan not sure, when you were in the Dragon-Net you lost track, Tiley you sent him back with the baby, same as Tailor.

You shiver again; slowly turning you see translucent forms floating around the top of the stairs, a quick switch to the mana-viewer in your eye reveals
High levels of entropic energy.
Do I in my academic arsenal have anything I could to change the entropic energy into living/positive energy?
Magic Theory of 23
I like the way you phrase that.
You do have two technology order templates one is Anti-Abnormality Field and the other Obliterate Abnormality, both of these templates can be incorporated into devices that you design or construct.
Try and access the Dragon Net. Computers of 27
The link is difficult, additional Firewalls have been placed on the main nodes via the Sat Links; they've also shut down several Back-Doors.

However you eventually (Several minutes in the prime) break through into what appears like an apartment, in some cyber-city.
Immediately (before you can stop him) Sting shouts "TRANCEY BABY, WHERE THE FACK ARE YOUSE"

The chrome door opens with the orange semi-amorphous form of Trance coming in; you notice a difference in that her once blank face has feminine features.

From Behind you hear
"Gotcha"

Break the link instantly and evade whatever is behind me.
Computers of 19
I
nitiative of 23 a crit
You don't so much spin around, but reappear facing the other way.
You have the link connection ready to disconnect.

A metallic blue figure stands before you; its form coalesces into a grey imperial uniform.

"Mr Von Weirdigan, wait, Lord Ivallian has sent me, to help!"

Upon the Prime the ghostly forms edge ever closer, other shadows seem to gather upon the stairs.

Taking in multiple events, you look toward the window.

The battle has intensified; large hulking forms have appeared from gullies in the mountain face, a shiver travels down your reinforced spine, as humanoid figures whose arms extend into huge bat like wings descend onto the battlefield.

Activate the Anti-Abnormality Field

'Who in the wide wide world of sports are you?!' Otto exclaims says to the figure.

<"I'm sergeant Strauss"> replies the metal soldier <"What assistance do you need? I can only help out in the DN">

<"FACK SHIT"> comments Sting helpfully

<’I need you to get this construct to a safe location Sergeant please.> Otto points at Trance.

<If that's ok that is?'>

<"She's a user sir, do mean in the DNZ or outside?">

I will attempt to use the Anti-Abnormality Field around myself; I will ground it into my belt on my clothing.

A series of Arcturian Tech runes flow from your hand merging with the buckle, the field shimmers around you, forcing the shades and shadows to withdraw, hesitantly moving to the stairs or below.

<Trance stands poised, her features now more feminine, her orange form shifting rapidly in agitation>
"Guest" a harsh breath of sound rather than a voice, reaches up the stairs "Come, join us"
Your head pounds, the command, the net, the battle, 'Lions and Tigers and Bears Oh My!'

Your A-A Field flickers, as mana traces wrap around you; the two energies battle until the mana stops attempting to enshroud you and instead enshrouds both you and the field.
Again a sickening sensation as you appear in a great stone, castle hall, the pale woman stands beside a large crystal orb in which play out the scenes of the battle.
Your enhanced vision allows you to zoom in on the battle, watching as a deathly armoured figure begins battle with the bat-winged figures. The unholy energies clash.

"He is interesting" rasps a voice from just behind you, not giving its bearer the satisfaction you allow it to step around you, unimpressed you look upon a partially decaying man dressed in cavalier finery, tendrils of shadowy, entropic energy reach out from him, the woman and a number of other deathly aristocracy within the room.

This time however the A-A Field wards off these tendrils.

"Yes he possesses a curious magic wrapped in the trappings of science,” replies the woman

"STEAM MAGE" spits another

This decaying female is silenced by a sinister look from the female Lord at the orb "He is something else, something entirely different" she replies looking at you with a hungry look you really don't appreciate.

(Make a Will Save)
Will of 17
'Really? Would you care to elaborate?' Otto asks buying time!!!

The female lord shoots over to you, her power bursting through your A-A Field, however the faithful field remains swirling around her.
You can feel her icy cold grip around your throat, as she attempts to draw your very lifeforce from you, her courtesans’ mill around the two of you with great excitement, with all of your willpower and Arcane Scientific ability you resist.

But for how long!

Otto
Solo
Solo

Post by Otto » Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:03 pm

'Inside the DNZ soldier, get her to a point where she can jack out of the system to outside' Otto says.
This multitasking is bloody dizzying!!!

"YES SIR" Trance starts to protest, but Strauss sweeps her up in his protection and motion programs, turning he salutes before exiting through a Node.

'Good lad!' I call into the void of the node. 'I want a full report on where she originates from please. And make sure she does jack out!'
'What a helpful bloke!' Otto exclaims.

'YA Shouda fahnd aht who sent him ya prick!!!!' Sting crackles irritatingly in Ottos ear.

'Bugger, you're right!' Otto exclaims again!

'I think I'm losing it here!'
Make a Fort Save
Fortitude save of 16
You feel faint as your life force is drawn from you; the feeling is as if lumps of ice are being dragged through your veins.
Your knees start to buckle, you can see your breath escaping and flowing to her.
Your eyes seem to shine much brighter.

<"OTTO, FACK, SHITE, NO, NO, NO" roars Sting>

The second field opens, then turns a dark grey, flashes of dark blue energy streak through the sphere, she screeches dropping you as she is
hurled backwards, her courtesans mill around in anger but wary of your newly demonstrated power.
She floats back to her feet, her face ravaged by the OA, terrible to behold, without the need of your sensors you can feel the build up of powerful magic.

Bracing yourself, you watch as she turns looking to the centre of the hall, a small plume of smoke rises from the paving stones; the smoke takes form exploding into a cloud of
bats, when they clear a preposterously powerfully built man stands shrouded in black, his hair pure white, his pale face bearing lupine features, his eyes burning flame orange.

"YOU SO EASILY BREAK THE PACT" she roars

"My dear, it is you who have broken the Fell Pact" he turns and looks upon you, currently on all fours trying to draw air into your lungs.
Her power builds once again; as does his, as they square up, other wisps of smoke begin to appear turning into the bat armed creatures, one appearing near you.

"KILL HIM" the Strilou Lord roars, as castle shattering power thunders between the two.

The creature moves within a blur, its pasty grey skinned mouth extending beyond human proportions to reveal a mouth of dagger like fangs.
It swings its foot into your stomach in an attempt to kick you across the hall, the force with which it delivers the blow enough to shatter bone, normal unbound bones that is.
The kick manages only to roll you over, it flies on top of you its claws raking across your face, however the yellowish energy of the A-A Field still stands and glances the blow aside.
It screams a blood-curdling roar of rage its fangs merely inches from your face.

Who is the Strilou Lord?

The vampire.

Draw my pistol and blow the bat that has materialised near me!
Initiative 17
Shot 0f 16

If you felt any fear, you seem somewhat detached, physically very weak.
However oddly you are aware of Sting seeming to be guarding your thoughts, fending the manic vampire off, you draw your gun; stick it in its face and fire.

Reinforce the A-A field, and then start firing off OA blasts from the field. That acts as protection and now an offensive weapon.
Sorcery of 24
How much power do you want to apply to the OA?
Make a Concentration Roll
Concentration of 19

The vampire's head rocks sideways, the right side caving in with the shot, it lashes back attempting to bring its fangs down into your throat.
It completely misses, as the OA activates once again, its scream is drowned out by the whoosh of the OA, as the Strilou is launched across the hall.
The undead gentry battle with the vampires, you roll away in a great deal of pain as a monumental surge of magic passes between the vampire lord and the lady of the castle.

As you struggle to catch your breath, you see a further two vampires dodge the arcane fires and rays to reach you.

I will maneuver myself so only one can attack at a time and they'll be getting in each other’s way.
I will then use my shocking grasp on one; seeing they're both tied up with each other they will both bear the brunt!!!!

Otto
Solo
Solo

Post by Otto » Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:08 pm

Hauling your way up onto your feet, Arcturian glyphs flash across your metal hand activating the Voltaic Gauntlet.
Before you get the chance, one of the vampires disappears in a cloud of fire and exploding masonry, as the wall adjacent to him ruptures inwards.
The second is floored by the blast, you manage to remain standing, thanking your reinforced limbs for compensating for weak muscle.

Further explosions rip through the wall, turning you see the undead lady seize the advantage a column of flesh coloured energy launches from her hands, ripping through the Strilou's
defences and plucking his heart from his chest, the vampire staggers backward, blood spewing from his mouth as he vanishes in a blast of black thunderous storm energy.

She turns to you; her face thunderous "YOU CAUSED THIS" dust falls with stone and wreckage.
Before she can do anything the rest of the wall collapses a steel gantry smashes through the rubble.
Figures in clockwork mechanical armour rush in, columns of whitish fire dart across the chamber, the remaining vampires are caught in these streams, forcing you to hit the ground.
The few remaining undead courtesans are similarly doused; the roar in the room is deafening machineguns, joining the affray tearing the creatures down.

Only the undead lady stands untouched, white fire, bullets and holy water washing harmlessly off her.

As she begins to retaliate, two huge metal boots, like those of a full plate suit of armour augmented by clockworks stride into your vision.

"Dr Spindle, its so nice to see you once again" says a familiar voice with just a little amount of menace
Looking up you look into the face of Captain Tarlan Haskin.

'I didn't cause fuck all love,' Otto pipes up to Strilou as he acknowledges Haskins presence.
'To be perfectly honest, I don't know what is going on!'
(I really don't mate!)
'Nice boots Haskin, what tailor do you use?'

Haskin sneers at you (It occurs to you that the last time you saw Haskin he died), unlike his men who appear to be dressed in mechanical armour, Haskin seems to be biologically connected
to his mechanical body.

"Never thought you and your worthless companions would prove useful,” he says as he backhands you across the face, the blow easily powerful enough to shatter a mans jaw, instead it splits your lip.
He leans in close "You fuckwits left me for dead" he hisses
"Still you being here finally got the Centrum Council to act against this abominable land"

Haskin is staggered by a horrendous rending of metal and rush of fire behind him, composing yourself you follow his line of sight to where his men had stood, now the Lady stands alone surrounded by smoking embers.

'Well' Ottos says as he wipes the blood off his face and shakes his head to clear it of the buzzing! He glances meaningfully at the bitch queen and then Haskin. 'I'll leave you to it then!'
He then dashes towards the open window and leaps out, casting featherfall!
Sorcery of 26
As you step towards one of the huge holes in the walls, you feel the gathering of power.
"NO" roars the bitch, Haskin is swatted aside as if his 7 foot, 400lb frame is a mere insignificance.

Oddly detached you stare at the enormity of the scene before you, the sky is full of Gothican Imperial Skyships, Dreadnaughts like the ones you first encountered upon arriving so long ago.
The skyships are dropping huge quantities of bombs, which have set the landscape on fire, huge cylinders are also dropped each sprouting legs, and these walkers then proceed to attack the various castles
now visible on distant mountains and hills.

"They've attacked the whole fucking island" you think.

Glancing back you see queen bitch slowly advancing upon you, distracted.

Then you jump.

You fall a massive 10 feet, before landing upon something unseen.

A field distorts granting you visibility of a DE Hull design, a hatch slides open Tilley's face appears, tired but smiling "You certainly know how to put us through our paces"

'WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON AROUND HERE???!!!!!!' Otto raises his head and shouts his voice into the sky as he picks himself up.
'AM I GOING INSANE!!!!!!!??????'

Otto blacks out!

Otto
Solo
Solo

Post by Otto » Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:23 pm

You awaken to find yourself lying upon a fold down bunk, various familiar but hi-tech auto-docs perch over you.

Tiley turns "Ah awake, its all going to hell down there"
Beside Tiley sits a human in a black uniform, his insignia bears the emblem of the Celestial Guard.

"You're aboard a stealth ship Otto, once I got back to a safe location I signalled it, this armada turning up to attack Skarathera served as the perfect cover"

'Haskin is up there' Otto croaks and gestures vaguely at the ceiling.
'What has been happening? I'm very confused.' He says weakly, closing his eyes.

An auto-injector manages to penetrate your reinforced epidermis, which floods your system with medicines. And with that your vision fades.
Regaining consciousness you feel better, getting a better bearing you see that you are still on the bunk, ahead of you is the cockpit, multiple images flash on the view screens.
The Gothican armada is all around; the ships pilot AI automatically manoeuvres the ship away from the various Sky Ships.

Making your way slowly to the cockpit you see Tiley turn to you "feeling better?"

You see that the pilot is someone you know, a human called 'Gundadd Nofil' a pilot within the ranks of the Celestial Guardsman, he has a curious ability to use arcane magic along with his piloting abilities.
Yourself and the group rescued him during a problematic episode on a planet called Oncer; you remember the fate of Oncer with much sadness.

"You need to take things slowly Otto" says Gundadd "You've taken a significant amount of soul damage"
Gundadd's eyes glow with a slivery fire, reflected upon which are the scenes of battle.
You can tell that he is using both his technological and magical abilities.

Sitting yourself in one of the rear navigation seats, Tiley explains that you were seized by one of the Liche Lords of the Fell, and that your presence seemed to tip the balance of some form of
pact, and everything went south, clicking a button on his console, he replays the visual sensor scans.
You see yourself upon the breach within the castle walls, as you turn and look back the ship propels itself down to float beneath you and then quickly moves up, the Liche Lady fires upon the ship, her magical power reflecting off its hull, the ship returns fire its cannons ripping through the walls.
As the ship moves to a safe distance, you see within the remnants of the castle, the Liche turn and looks upon something, she glides across and picks it up, to your horror you realise it is
a baby.
You see her hold it above her head as if an offering and then things change, there is a flash of golden light, the baby is gone and standing before her is a blue skinned angel, the Liche seems to laugh and
in one clean movement the angel severs her head, the angel turns, salutes the ship and then vanishes.

"That angel was the baby you rescued Otto, its seems your act inspired it, a test of sorts" says Tiley
"Got him" says Gundadd
"Who" you automatically respond
"Freyan! when I left with the baby I placed trackers on all of you" replies Tiley "we haven't managed to trace Zorranson though"

"Lets go get him" says Tiley

Otto
Solo
Solo

Post by Otto » Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:27 pm

(Make a Freefall Check and Con Roll)

Freefall of 19
Con of 21

Ordinarily an atmospheric dive wouldn't have even raised your attention, however your current condition dictated otherwise.
You feel the Gs seize your head, as Gundadd shoots the ship into a near vertical diagonal descent pushing 3000 KPH, the descent becomes even more vertical to the point of falling, man you
love Hi-vel piloting.

"4 Hostiles closing on the marker" reports Tiley
Gundadd shifts his attention momentarily; Tiley punches a number of pads that you immediately recognise as weapons systems.
"Remember low yield, if you go ship to ship you'll vapourise the whole area, including Freyan!"

'Anything I can do to help?' I ask Gundadd.

"I knew you couldn't be a backseat driver for long" he replies
A console swings around to you, your eyes light up as a minority report stylee virtual console comes online, and weapon systems appear.
"I need you to remove those hostiles, while Tiley keeps the lock on Freyan!"

'Consider it done!' Otto says as he plugs himself into the console.
Computers of 17

Instantly your vision is filled with targeting circles floating over targets.
The ship a Foxhawk, screams down through the night sky, rain drives past it like spears, lashing into the view screens as you descend.
Your Headware marks the blue form as Freyan either lying prone or crouching, 5 other figures are clambering up the hillside towards him, each marked as red.
Sensory input indicates each stands some 14 to 15 feet tall, as you lock on them; one of them hurls a projectile into the air.
Another launches one at the ship.

"Incoming" says Gundadd quietly, without emotion.

Your sensors indicate that some form of magical power accelerates the projectile.
You have 2 Neutron Cannons (1 to 10D8), 20 HE Missiles (6D10), 10 Point Defence lasers (Not offensive, designed to disable small asteroids, missiles etc) and 4 slug thrower assault cannons (Looks like they've recently been retrofitted), the targeting systems give you a +3 to your gunnery.
Your internal HUD indicates you have 2 seconds to collision/impact!
Use the point defence lasers to take out the magical projectile. Computers of 19 I will create a wall of beam laser bolts (not unlike a minigun or goalkeeper) that cuts a box out of the sky and destroys the missile so to speak.
I will pepper the creatures on the hillside with the slug throwers Computer of 24
And use one HE Missile to hit behind them where the blast radius will not get Freyan but will mess them up!!!!. Computers of 26
The rock enshrouded by purple fire spins away, struck by 4 of the point defence lasers.
The autoguns open up; orange flashes cutting through the downpour Two of the figures collapse under the barrage, the hillside erupts in a circle of fire, which takes out
the ground below the lower giants.

"Wow" exclaims Tiley, momentarily turning your attention, another window opens in your head, and you gain a vision of the battlefield above.
The Fell seem to be fighting back, several of the flaming rocks hurtle into the sky, one smashes through the side of a Gothica Dreadnaught, a larger explosion rips along the area of impact.

Streams of dark sorcery lance into the sky, ripping through several gunboats, a frigate is torn in half.
The counter attack is short lived; a renewed volley from the Dreadnaughts and Frigates turns the positions of the Fell into burning rubble.

At gut wrenching velocity Gundadd brings the Foxhawk to hover a meter off the side of the hill.

Create an umbrella of fire with the defence lasers and the slug throwers around the area of the ship and Freyan so no bad guys can get through.

Another boulder hurtles towards the floating ship, the PDLs blowing enough off it to ensure that rubble strikes the armour.
You get a clearer image of the attackers, some form of giant, however their faces far more bestial, their skin charcoal black and heavily scaled.
You open the autoguns up, one of the nearest that you shot has got up again, a further wall of depleted vanadium covers the area knocking it down.

"Won't be a mo" says Tiley in a particularly Enailis manner, as he dons his armour and hefts his HVSMG, then scrambles out into the gloom.

'Be careful ya prick!!!' Otto croaks, obviously feeling a bit better!

Otto
Solo
Solo

Post by Otto » Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:31 pm

The vector thrusts create a fan of rain and dust, and sensors monitor the movement.
It is then that you see the fire from a HV weapon and Tiley dancing around avoiding a giant attacker.

I lock on carefully with the slug thrower on the attacker, taking my time to protect Freyan.
Concentration of 18
Gunnery (remember your +3 and spot rolls)
Gunnery of 13
Gundadd swings the Foxhawk around as strong winds tear across the hillside.
You swing the front of the ship into view, but your targeting vectors aren't accurate enough to avoid hitting either Tiley or Freyan.

As you hiss in frustration you see Tiley knocked to the floor by the impact of a near miss, from a giants fist.

'Let me down there Gundadd!' I'll cover their exit!' Otto says as he sets the guns on IFF auto.

Silently he responds, swinging the craft around to give you a vantage point, the auto-doc injects you with a cocktail of adrenal boosters.

"Body Armour" Gundadd says absently, as he redirects the auto cannons "Take the heavy blaster, the storm will cover any discharge"

The craft is bounced sideways by another boulder smashing past the PDLs, Gundadd corrects and brings the Foxhawk level once again.
Make a or Jump or Tumble roll to disembark
Jump of 11
You leap out into the swirling rain, your headware switches to identifying your comrades’ markers.
You see Tiley move away from a large heat source and a transponder chiming, hopefully identifying Freyan.
Make a Ref Save
From out of the swirling cloud of droplets, a huge shape as black as night looms.

Have I sighted Tilley and Freyan?

S
pot of 18
Helloooo,
"Guess who just got back today?
Them wild-eyed boys that had been away
Haven't changed, haven't much to say
But man, I still think them cats are crazy

The boys are back in town
The boys are back in town"

The adrenal boost kicks in, almost subconsciously stepping you sideways, as a huge blackened tree trunk smashes into the rocky surface of the hill.

Staring at the glistening black skinned giant, your headware sweeps, rapid thermo spots signify the tracer fire of Tilley’s HI-VMG, its almost silent fire lost in the maelstrom.

A circular pattern of scanning pulse, signified as a halo of blue lines radiating from your head, three of them hit a green object some 50 meters to your north northeast.

What is the green object to my NNE?

Sensors indicate it to be Freyan
Ref Roll
Ref of 19

Otto
Solo
Solo

Post by Otto » Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:34 pm

Again you manoeuvre as the great black mass of the tree trunk slams into the hillside, the blow is jarring knocking you backwards.

I will sight up on the giant, and I'll blow its kneecaps off!
Computers of 29
Ranged attack of 19
Concentration of 18
Plus any bonuses for my computer targeting.
Cold computer clarity replaces any degree of pain or fatigue, removing the wall of black rain.

The Hi-VMG silently sends its stream of death through the rain, the area is illuminated by flame orange tracer fire as it impacts with the black giants knees.

Pitch blackness and rain obscure the gorier details, other than that the giants lower legs are sent flying down the hill, the immense torso crashes forwards, in one last ditch effort of brutish vengeance it swings its tree trunk catching you across your left side, you barely acknowledge any degree of pain as the club strikes mostly adamantium.

The area is covered in blood and mud.
7 points of damage
Otto ignores the giant’s enraged and desperate attack and rushes towards Freyan, fearing for his friend’s life.
'TILLEY!!!!!' Otto roars, 'GET BACK TO THE SHIP!!!!'

The wind and rain slashes his face like a cat of nine tails.
Spot of 13; are there any more dangers to hand?
Freyan is curled in a hollow, a faint bluish enchantment flitters across his embryonic form.
Gently pulling him out, you turn to see a huge black figure loom up the hill toward you, then tumbles back, a blast of water spray strikes you as the Foxhawk's cannons pulse,
sweeping the remaining giants off the hillside.

A bedraggled Tiley stumbles over to you, his shouting not distinguishable over the roar of the wind.
The two of you haul Freyan up and carry him to the ship.

Gundadd manoeuvres the ship as you climb aboard.

"We have a hitchhiker,” says Gundadd, his voice emanating from the machine.

Over in the corner sits a filthy, blood streaked figure, his arms curled around his knees.

The ship rotates, avoiding an arcane pulse that races across the landscape.

The ship rockets up into the night sky, as the ship moves out between the Dreadnaughts and then breaks the coastline; you see what appears to be a fleet of ships approaching the island from the north.

But for now all you can think of is closing your eyes with a weariness, coupled with a strong sense of relief that you have never experienced before as the Foxhawk roars to safety away from the continuing bloody battle.

‘It is done’ you think as you drift off into unconsciousness.

Otto
Solo
Solo

Post by Otto » Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:40 pm

ONE MONTH LATER

The Mechanist Empires Ambassadorial Flagship hung like some opulent floating palace.
It sat suspended by elemental powers above Zorranson’s racetrack.

Below the new steam cars rocketed round at an unheard of pace of 50 mph, clearing the fastest speed of conventional engines by some 25 mph.

Along the sides of the third deck of 6, lay great glass domed, encapsulated balconies.
20 expensive circular tables and chairs were positioned along the promenade, your party of course had to have a longer table, seated beside you was a recovering Adrianna, who had scolded you for fussing her too much.

The blood had been immediately synthesised and incorporated into the ritual, thus freeing her, her recovery had been slow but she had made good progress.

Upon the other side was Ivelliian, accompanied by his wife; in addition to this was Tilley, Zorranson, Tailor and Colonel Gadus.
Dotted around you were some of the most important power brokers in the Empire.

The last month had been a blur, the wretched figure had turned out to be Zorranson, who miraculously had survived, medical checks had confirmed him as completely clean of vampiric taint, Freyan had been in a bad way, despite his physical recovery he had become lost in sorrow, it had turned out that his village had been one of the places assaulted by the Mechanism forces.

So you had returned to the Empire, watched Adrianna recover, care for her and recuperate.

The fleet you had observed, was a large force belonging to the Musuu Empire an Oriental empire, the fleet took up positions off the north coast of Skarathera.
Shortly within the month threats and ultimatums had followed, followed by some land skirmishing upon the island and naval skirmishing on various oceanic routes, the political climate of Gothica had changed dramatically.

Which made sitting watching the steam racing cars hare around the track all the more bizarre, the powerbrokers sat here, conducting themselves as if everything were fine and dandy.

Qesemet System Lord Linnorn, felt the low station of the High Tower the Imperial base of operations for Gothica.
Sat in the great rectangular chamber along a great table, various Imperial Dignitaries associated with Gothica sat, squabbling.

Lord General Aralol, supreme military officer for the system, sat to his left, to elven commanders left was his aid General Thorkell.
Ahead of him on the table were the Continental Governors of Adracia and Musuu, in any ancient world Emperors of immense kingdoms, here important servants of the Dragon Empire.

Servants who were currently squabbling, normally business would be conducted by holo-com, however this situation warranted face to face discussion, after all this was the first time Gothica stood upon the brink of an inter-continental war.

Linnorn stood, he allowed his Draconic presence to extend itself, settling over the table, until the Governors stood their heated discussion and turned.

"It occurs to me that all of you have become too close to your native populations, that upon reflection having gone native you need to be replaced!!!"

Stunned silence greeted him.

"Lord General Aralol, please outline timelines to the Governors!"

A hard faced elf, with two and a half centuries of service within the First Silver Legion, Aralol stood and mentally sequenced the table to come alive with holographic imagery. The images showed the possible conflict erupting.
"The Adracian Mechanist Empire is technologically the more advanced", Aralol looked straight at the Adracian Governor destroying any signs of smugness before it manifest.
"However Musuu are the magically greater, meaning that full military engagement would be bloody and losses on both sides significant!" A further mental command caused a multitude of statistics and tables to manifest in mid-air above the table, in 3D rendering.

"Aside from humanoid loss, the collateral damage is immense, both Empires have the capability to strike at each others heartlands, the Musuu could strike at the Eterran platforms within 72 hours of engagement"

Linnorn once again extended his aura "Just so that nobody is in any doubts as to severity or consequence, we will not allow that to occur, the Third Silver Fleet and Second and Fifth Silver Legions are now in battle readiness"

"Surely that’s a gross over reaction, this is a Colonial conflict, Charter dictates.... "
"The Charter dictates that the Empire protects its finances as well as its colonies, first and foremost, either we deal with this or the Imperial Council does it for us and we have Asamet troops on Gothican soil within the week"
"Gentlemen you have 48 hours to contain and neutralise this situation, before you lose your positions and this becomes a galactic issue!"

Colonel Gadus knew that the situation was now of the utmost seriousness, in being summoned to the High Tower to see the System Lord marked this as a matter of urgency, officers of his rank never encountered the System Lord, his Commanding Officer would be present, as would his and then his.

Gadus was teleported straight from the shuttle office on the outside of the landing bay straight to the High Command Chambers.
His eyes widened slightly as he spied no less than 10 of his counterparts all sitting outside the chambers, the Musuu Capitol Liaison appeared at the chamber doors, hurried past him, a flea definitely in his ear.

"Colonel Gadus" said General Thorkell his COs, CO immediately summoned him, moving immediately to the head of the queue, he stepped in.

"Colonel, you can appreciate the urgency in your summoning" said Linnorn
"My Lord"
"Your analysis of the situation in Centrum City, Colonel" said Lord General Aralol
"Mechanist Capitol government is gearing for war, my Lord, there’s a considerable amount of sabre rattling and ambitious eyes towards territorial gains" replied Gadus

"This situation needs to be contained and stopped Colonel" replied Aralol
Gadus thought for a moment "With all due respect My Lords is that not the authority of the Adracian Governor?"
"Everybody needs to play a part Colonel,” replied Thorkell

Aralol turned to his fellow Lords and COs "This would serve as an ideal time to replace members of the Mechanist Government, who are not condusive to Imperial goals, Lord Ivelliian comes to mind"
"Ivelliian sir?" enquired Thorkell
"The mans loyalties have become partisan, I do not think he can be fully trusted, considering that he is the Minister in charge of the Mines" replied Aralol

"What is your opinion Colonel?" interjected Linnorn
"Sir" replied Gadus not a little surprised
"You liase with Ivelliian and the other Ministers, what do you think?"

"Ahem" Gadus cleared his throat "Some of the ministers will almost certainly attempt to further their own agendas, my personal opinion is that Ivelliian could now be our greatest asset in resolving this situation"
"Nonsense" replied Aralol; the Lord General was silenced by a look from Linnorn
"Go on" replied the System Lord

"I can understand why intelligence would interpret Ivelliian as a partisan, however that’s because Ivelliian is a patriot, he will act for the greater good of Adracia and Gothica, he is also level headed and calm, something that we will need within the government chambers if we seek a peaceful resolution"

The Lords and COs considered this for what seemed to the Colonel to be forever
"Very good Colonel, appraise Lord Ivelliian of our wishes and aims and begin to move the Mechanist Government to a peaceful solution!" Linnorn quietly commanded

A beep came from a console, surely a high priority communication.
A moment later a senior voice came through on the com "High Lord, the Mechanist Order of the Emperors Ariel fleet has just engaged the Musuu Dragon Flock over the Scarp Straits"

"No time like the present Colonel" said Linnorn, but Gadus was already moving for the doors.

Gadus managed to make it to one of the High Towers observation decks; ignoring the officer on watch he ordered the battle over the Scarpa Straits to be put onscreen.

Otto
Solo
Solo

Post by Otto » Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:43 pm

Two armadas drifted almost lazily toward each other, The Mechanist Order of the Emperors Ariel Fleet was made up of the huge swollen Dreadnaughts, Frigates and Gunboats, steam and steel.

The Musuu Dragon Flock, consisted of wooden vessels suspended beneath huge slatted bamboo kites, exquisitely painted upon each kite was a long serpentine dragon.

For what seemed like a long time the two fleets stood facing each other, on the satellite it had the perception of a face off, even though they were slowing moving toward each other.

Then the first shots rang out and the battle accelerated.

The Flock attacked first with a fusillade of multi-coloured rockets screamed across the air, exploding in a display of deadly fireworks, but reflected harmlessly off the iron hulls of the Mechanist Fleet.

The retaliation was awesome, as 6, 8 and 12 pound guns replied, smashing the forward kites into matchwood, as each was torn apart a ghostly dragon seemed to rise from the painting and ascend into the heavens.

Fleet Admiral Tennet-Bowman surveyed the scene.
"These bloody wogs will regret their impertinence,” barked the Admiral, his First Officer Captain Gladstone watched, the viewing pipes a network of telescopic lenses dotted across the Dreadnaughts hull allowed him to take in the immense battle.

The Gunboats and frigates moved into the flock, broadsiding the kites, however the wooden vessels seemed now to repel the fire, despite their inferior armour, only a few were sent to the ocean below.
Further volleys of rockets clouded the sky, exploding against the frigates and a Dreadnaught.
Again nothing happened.

"Ridiculous, do they not realise their weapons are useless against Mechanist Steel" gloated the Admiral
"Sir" said the captain
"Just look at the folly" the Admiral went on
"Sir" repeated the captain "ADMIRAL" roared Gladstone

Tennet-Bowman turned on his subordinate, but his rebuke was cut short, several of the fired upon frigates were spinning out of control, their helmsmen having clearly gone mad.

A volley of orange orbs launched across the sky, crashing into frigates and Dreadnaughts, each airship struck immediately began to drop like a stone, spiralling down to the ocean.

"Torpedoes" roared Captain Gladstone "Telephonist, order the fleet, FILL THE SKY"

A large Musuu Kite dipped low and seemed to drop a shower of glass into the ocean below, immediately the ocean boiled and exploded, an immense geyser rocketed up striking another Dreadnaught, punching through its keel, the ship in the midst of launching its torpedoes bucked, its lower bow torn off by trapped munitions.

"The ministry will not be happy at this development,” stated the First Chaplin for the Maker, aboard the flagships bridge
"Balls" replied the now composed Admiral "Marine, remove the god botherer from my bridge" the priest started but was roughly manhandled through the bulkhead.

Hurricane like winds tore through the fleet, careering some of the lighter gunboats into each other.

Torpedoes tore into the Flock, whatever protection they had against shells didn't fare so well as explosions ripped through them.

"Captain order the fleet to ascend, now!" barked Tennet-Bowman
"Aye sir" the order relayed the Mechanist ships began to power their Air Elemental engines, rising above the Flock.
"Strafe them" again barked the Admiral

The Frigates tore ahead, lines of munitions falling from their bomb bays, kites exploding it a ghastly picture that covered the ocean with a carpet of driftwood and flesh.

In retaliation lightning tore out of cloudless skies, tearing through frigates and puncturing Dreadnaughts.

Both fleets begin to withdraw.