Otto's Multiversal Mayhem

Details and a record of the characters exploits, successes and failures within the Parallel Worlds.

Moderators: arcanus, Otto

arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by arcanus » Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:09 pm

Two of the men step up and take the unconscious form.

Wells takes Otto to one side, ruffling Olivia's head as he does so "We're in luck old man, Moore House School lies above us, almost certain to have a science lab and paraphernalia, what do you think?"

Otto
Solo
Solo

Re: Otto's Multiversal Mayhem

Post by Otto » Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:37 pm

'Sounds good Mr Wells.' He says as he acknowledges Olivia with a nod and a smile.

Turning to the majority of the group he clears his throat. 'Right, I'll be honest with you all. We are in no position to fight this invader at present. We need to find a place of safety, so we can rest up and plan the next move. I want your opinions and ideas on what we should do, and where we could go.'

'Bearing in mind the school will be a temporary abode.' He adds.

He opens his hands and gestures to them with a small bow, awaiting their input.

arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by arcanus » Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:45 pm

Thoughtful and bemused looks pass throughout the ragged group.

"How about we get into the school and we can think on a sensible safe haven" replies Wells
Olivia tightly clutches Otto's hand, one of the men an older chap, wipes his sweat laden brow
"I think somewhere out in the country"
Another steps up to Otto and sticks out his hand "Thank you for lookin afta Johnnie Sir, we're all much obliged"

The men then start to clamber the moss covered ladders towards the manhole covers above

arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by arcanus » Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:40 pm

Moore House Private School - London 1901
Warily the collected survivors peered over the grimy sills of the manhole covers, the vertical tunnels lead up into the schools cobbled courtyard, which in turn was surrounded by walls built some 70 years previously in Regency times.
Could the jolly dandys and fops of such times imagine the terror that had now befallen the Capital and possibly the world.

Nothing appeared to move or lie in wait, never the less they waited, the fear was palpable and Otto could see several of the men trembling upon the rungs, finally they summoned the courage, broke cover and darted across the slimy cobbles and into cover beneath the arched walls.

As Otto warily surfaced he noted that the cobbles were slimy with a thin red moss, the sky above was grey with drifting smoke and the nauseous scent upon the wind was best not thought about.

Otto
Solo
Solo

Post by Otto » Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:09 pm

'This doesn't look too safe!' He thought to himself as he followed the group swiftly across to the wall.
How high is this wall? Is it scaleable?
A strange, almost unknown feeling hit him as looked on the hurt and frightened face of the little girl Olivia, and the careworn men with the man that he had helped save. It was the sting of regret. He knew that he would have to leave them to the mercy of fate sooner rather than later.

'So the distancing must begin' he thought with a sigh.

'What do you know of this place?' He asked Wells in a curt whisper.

arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by arcanus » Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:32 am

Well's snapped out of this thoughts "Ah not a great deal, private school and being in the city probably a pretty penny to get in"
Otto senses a tinge of regret in Well's voice when he says this
"Seems deserted" he adds warily

Walls resembled those of a castle or temple from Byzantium antiquity, some 20 feet high, with a rampart upon the top, a solid facia of stone facing the outside world, with a continuous series of archways bracing the inner courtyard side and protecting those moving from building to building from the elements.

The wary caution is suddenly broken by a distant high pitched keening and then a scream, a human scream.

Otto
Solo
Solo

Post by Otto » Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:37 pm

'Astral engines in reverse
I'm falling through the universe again
Down among a dead mans vision
Faded dreams and nuclear fissions span
The strings of fear they are holding up the race
The puppets falling to the ground
The love I feel as I fly endlessly through space
Lost in time I wonder will my ship be found
On this sinking ship I travel
Faster than the speed of life
Not so super nova burns
The black holes turn and fade from sight
The strings of fear they hide within the human race
The answers buried underground
The love I feel as I fly endlessly through space
Lost in time I wonder will my ship be found
And very soon
The boundless moon
Will show us light
And as we crash
We'll pray and kiss
And say goodnight

Goodnight'

Zeitgeist: Black-Sabbath : 2013

Otto
Solo
Solo

Post by Otto » Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:00 pm

'At least its them and not us.' Otto thinks grimly.'May give us more time.'

The victims screams coupled with the strange keening ululations, echo off the surrounding red stone buildings, melding and building to a horrid crescendo.

Otto looked down to see Olivia weeping silently beside him, the tears leaving tracks of pink skin down her dirty and bloodstained face, her body wracked with terror. He clumsily patted her on the shoulder, completely at a loss on how to comfort her.

'For Makers sake let 'em die!' he thinks to himself, picturing the death scene as only the minds eye can, feeling his anger rise over his fear.

After what seems an eternity, the sounds mercifully cease with a final choking, bubbling wail, leaving an even deeper sense of fear and menace on the group. The onset of the darkness of evening begins to draw a veil on the stinking smoke and death throes of the once great city, setting the stage undoubtably for new terrors to come.

The orange of distant fires light the oncoming dusk.

'Where is the entrance in? We have to get moving as that wasn't a walking machine!' he whispers to Wells.

arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by arcanus » Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:12 pm

Several moments pass before Wells shakes the look of horror from his face and comes to his senses.
"Yes, yes" he stutters, shaking his head

Only Sceritt looks alert, grim acceptance chiseled upon his face, without comment he sets off through the shadows beneath the rampart, skirting the wall until he reaches a side door presumably leading into a classroom.

The undulating warble sounds in the distance once again, accompanied by the howl of dogs almost in defiance.

Otto
Solo
Solo

Post by Otto » Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:11 pm

Admiring Sceritt's determination, Otto smiles grimly and quickly follows him. He knees down beside the door and puts his ear against it.

He gestures to the rest of the group to move slowly to him, and to keep quiet.
Listen roll of 10 (He also has the acute hearing ability through his cyberware)
If there was a window to the door, he would ensure that he kept below it.

Can I hear anything? I would be listening for anything. Eg, a wind in the classroom, meaning that another door was open etc.