Otto's Multiversal Mayhem

Details and a record of the characters exploits, successes and failures within the Parallel Worlds.

Moderators: arcanus, Otto

arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by arcanus » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:53 pm

The link closes as Otto accelerates into motion towards the back door and out.

The pulsed shout ripples out across the Etheric and radio waves, pushing out through the back door, Otto finds himself in an alleyway, his heavy feet crunching on the old cobbles.
Back in the main street he hears the crash of metal colliding with wood and metal.

Otto
Solo
Solo

Re: Otto's Multiversal Mayhem

Post by Otto » Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:13 am

Quashing an urge to stop and see what had happened, Otto dashes up the cobble stones looking for another house to break into on the opposite side of the alley.
Otto wrote:Spot of 13

arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by arcanus » Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:15 am

Otto wrote:Spot of 13
Quickly getting his bearings Otto is once again struck by the deathly stillness to the area, quickly he jogs up the sloping alley coming to a row of larger houses running east to west along the top of the hill.

To his left is the stone archway of the first houses garden gate, a wooden lancet gate swinging idly in the evening breeze.

The awful quiet is once again interrupted by the movement of mechanics.

Otto
Solo
Solo

Post by Otto » Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:07 pm

Otto rapidly assesses his locale
From what direction are the sounds coming from?
Listen of 12
Am I picking up any signs of life with my enhanced vision modifications?
Spot 14
Any strange smells with my olfactory modifications? E.g. Are the machines giving off a certain smell?
Spot of 13
I will be backing all the information I glean on my headware as normal, including grid references etc to add to the Map of the city.

arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by arcanus » Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:28 pm

Otto wrote:From what direction are the sounds coming from?
Listen of 12
Arcanus wrote:Both sets of sounds are coming from the main street, the front of the shops and houses.
Otto wrote:Am I picking up any signs of life with my enhanced vision modifications?
Spot 14
Arcanus wrote:No, the walls of the buildings are heavy stone/brick, either that or the machines aren't registering.
Otto wrote:Any strange smells with my olfactory modifications? E.g. Are the machines giving off a certain smell?
Spot of 13
Arcanus wrote:Yes, several something akin to hydraulic fluid and something very similar to blood.
Otto wrote:I will be backing all the information I glean on my headware as normal, including grid references etc to add to the Map of the city.
Arcanus wrote:It occurs to you that you will need to validate this city as being London, to cross reference the mapping.

arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by arcanus » Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:45 pm

“Do days exist without calendars? Does time pass when there are no human hands left to wind the clocks?”
― Howard Koch, War Of The Worlds : The Invasion From Mars

Otto
Solo
Solo

Post by Otto » Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:29 pm

Otto wrote:
From what direction are the sounds coming from?
Listen of 12
Arcanus wrote:
Both sets of sounds are coming from the main street, the front of the shops and houses.
Otto will run the opposite direction through the houses front doors and gardens and continue running that way until all sounds (and smells!) of pursuit have ceased.
Otto wrote:
Am I picking up any signs of life with my enhanced vision modifications?
Spot 14
Arcanus wrote:
No, the walls of the buildings are heavy stone/brick, either that or the machines aren't registering.
Otto was actually scanning the houses/streets for signs of life. Is there any as I progress?
Arcanus wrote:
It occurs to you that you will need to validate this city as being London, to cross reference the mapping.
So it is London then?

arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by arcanus » Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:32 pm

Otto wrote:Otto was actually scanning the houses/streets for signs of life. Is there any as I progress?
Moving into the cover of the walled in garden Otto scans the houses.

Having found nothing in the previous street, he does detect a life sign in the upper floor of a neighbouring large house.
Otto wrote:So it is London then?
Arcanus wrote:Possibly!

Otto
Solo
Solo

Post by Otto » Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:47 pm

From my positioning, can I see any of the machines? As I am gathering that they are very tall.

How big is the life sign? I will try the front door of this house very slowly and carefully as I draw my Gucci pistol.

Spot of 15

Stealth of 11

arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by arcanus » Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:58 pm

You can see the top of the tripod you first saw, over the rooftops.
However you can hear two further sources of noise closer.

The life form appears to be human sized, the door is locked.