IC - Axis Umbra

Journeys into the Realms Arcane to be detailed here.

Moderators: arcanus, Otto

Post Reply
User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1465
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm

IC - Axis Umbra

Post by arcanus » Mon Dec 31, 2007 6:59 pm

In the quiet of the Corporate apartment, a sensation of disquiet settles upon you.
Despite having only been in the CZ for a brief time, its desperation, the ingrained angst, dirt and literally living from one moment to the next had gone.
The feeling wasn't a good one, worst still perhaps in some bizare fashion maybe you missed it.

The world becomes one of metal veins running through pastel wooden walls, you lift from your body, rocketing up into the Metaplanes.

Your feet touching the floor with a crunch, thick tropical foliage surrounds you, the crunch coming from the path you being upon being covered entirely in bone chips.

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1465
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm

IC - Salvation

Post by arcanus » Mon Dec 31, 2007 7:01 pm

"Nice" mutters Drake as he takes in his new surroundings.

"This must be the metaplane representation of the place we were in a couple hours ago" thinks Drake to himself.

He'll run through a few tests to see if magic works, something simple like levitate a nail (that he always carries) or something like that.
Does Magic work?

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1465
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm

IC - Salvation

Post by arcanus » Mon Dec 31, 2007 7:23 pm

It does indeed, a faint smell of wood smoke permeates the air.
Listening closely the surrounding forest seems to breath in and out, as if drawing breath.

Moving through the forest, you ignore the preturbing crunch beneath your feet.
'Where is Curren' you think to yourself , as you cautiously pass through the sheltered path ahead, you feel the grim dark forest draw in around you.

Arriving at the top of a hill, you look through the trees to see a step pyramid ahead, dim lights glow from the quartz inlaid into its corners.
Make a Perception roll

User avatar
Drake
Solo
Solo
Posts: 260
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:11 pm

Post by Drake » Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:14 pm

"Hmm, better switch to stealth mode" thinks Drake as he spreads his arms wide and initiates a small levitate spell. The numerous metal objects built into his clothes react, and lift the tiny man several inched off the floor.
Drake floats off the path into some thicker undergrowth before closing his eyes and concentrating, extending his senses outwards.

Can he sense any metallic objects nearby? Bullets, belts, spears, anything like that?

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1465
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm

Salvation

Post by arcanus » Wed Jan 02, 2008 2:05 pm

Drake wrote:Can he sense any metallic objects nearby? Bullets, belts, spears, anything like that?
He can sense several different types of metal, some hard ores others soft.
Perception roll

User avatar
Drake
Solo
Solo
Posts: 260
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:11 pm

Post by Drake » Thu Jan 03, 2008 1:40 pm

"Perception Roll"
Perception of a 7, 4, 4, 4 and some others :arrow:

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1465
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm

Salvation

Post by arcanus » Thu Jan 03, 2008 1:53 pm

Casting your senses out, you identify a vibrance within the surrounding woods. Your senses seem especially potent as if picking up the very iron within a bloodstream.
You also sense several larger lifeforms closing silently upon your position.
The pyramid glows in the moonlight, a full moon, a hunters moon.

User avatar
Drake
Solo
Solo
Posts: 260
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:11 pm

Post by Drake » Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:11 pm

"Time to go..." thinks Drake to himself as he silently maneouvres behind a large tree trunk, his tiny form dwarfed by the ancient tree.

He manipulates the levitate spell and quickly rises up the trunk into the canopy overhead. The thick foliage will provide good cover while he moves towards the pyramid in the distance.

The small figure rises quickly through the branches, aware of the large figures closing in on him. H pushes up and rises through the uppermost branches, breaking into the fresh, clean, moonlit air, and face to face with a blue cheeked baboon!

Drake freezes.

The baboon freezes.

Drake blinks.

The baboon blinks...

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1465
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm

Salvation

Post by arcanus » Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:26 pm

"Hello" whispers the baboon "Fancy meeting you here"

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1465
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm

Post by arcanus » Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:28 pm

The baboon bares its teeth!

Post Reply