IC - Axis Umbra

Journeys into the Realms Arcane to be detailed here.

Moderators: arcanus, Otto

Drake
Solo
Solo

Post by Drake » Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:30 am

arcanus wrote:Drake observes that the silver cord he follows running through her hand.
Does the cord continue through the hand and out the other side, heading off to a different destination, or is the angel the source of the cord?

arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by arcanus » Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:37 am

Drake wrote:
arcanus wrote:Drake observes that the silver cord he follows running through her hand.
Does the cord continue through the hand and out the other side, heading off to a different destination, or is the angel the source of the cord?
It sits upon her palm as if she has picked it up and then it continues.

Drake
Solo
Solo

Post by Drake » Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:56 am

Drake stops and moves his body into an upright position. Still linked to the thread by his makeshift chain he bows a long, low, respectful bow to the angelic figure before him.

"M'lady" says Drake, "It seems we both have an interest in this particular individual."

Drake stays a respectful distance from the divine presence... Respectful and safely out of reach. This could be an angel, or an aviatar, or a devil in disguise.

Drake also holds onto the cord. Making it look as if he is steadying himself so as not to float away. All the while trying to look calm, relaxed, and trusting.

Bluff roll: 5, 3, stuff

arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin

The Host

Post by arcanus » Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:33 pm

A multitude of powerful female voices answers him.
"Francis Drake, 'son of adam' why do you follow this path?"

Drake
Solo
Solo

Post by Drake » Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:51 pm

"Well, m'lady" starts the tiny sailor, "in a very literal sense I'm following this thread back to it's astral body, but in a spiritual sense my answer is much more enigmatic.
I'm doing it because I can. Not for reward or personal growth, not for fame or fortune, not for splendour or riches. For if the boot was on the other foot, and my essence was seperated from my body in such a place as Chicago, then I would very much like someone to do the same for me. And now, if it's not too rude of me, can I ask what has attracted y'self to this particular story?"

arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by arcanus » Wed Jan 09, 2008 1:03 pm

The angel smiles and replied simply "Beneficence"
Her wings open and once again Francis Drake feels his body accelerate, along the cord, like a little metahuman monrail.

The ocean seems to drop away, revealing a pale, almost white sky.
The angel spins in the air clearly avoiding something as a dark shape rockets past her, narrowly missing.

As it turns and swoops back up, another angel this one pitch black, a long black iron sword drawn, its intent clear as it shoots up towards Drake.

Drake
Solo
Solo

Post by Drake » Wed Jan 09, 2008 2:23 pm

Drake knows that to try and stop the sword dead in it's tracks would be very tricky, as it is already moving with great force through the sky, powered by the new dark angel. He would have to use his magic to directly counter the force of the angel.
But, there is nothing stopping him from moving the sword sideways!
Drake instantly casts his heavyweight; super enhanced movement, focussed on the heavy, and very metal, sword.
Sorcery; 7, 7, 4, 3, 3, 3
His plan is to push the sword to one side, quite severely, hoping that the upward force from the angel combined with the strong sideways force will sent both dark angel and sword wildly off course.

arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by arcanus » Wed Jan 09, 2008 2:47 pm

Power surges through Drake, a wave of mana arcs from him to the sword, spinning the Dark Angel and redirecting him sideways.

Turning Drake sees a short (long to him) sword float past him slowly.

Drake
Solo
Solo

Post by Drake » Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:45 pm

Drake sighs, and takes the sword.
"What is it about this bleedin' quest and combat?!" he asks of the cosmos.

He mentally drops all spells that are running, and casts a super enhanced movment spell on himself... or rather on all the small metal trinkets and straps that surround his tiny body. If he is to fight this dark angel, then he needs to make himself as manoeuvrable (sp?) as possible!

He disconnects himself from the life-cord, although leaves the makeshift chain still attached. The dark angel has regained control and comes around in a large, long, teasingly slow sweeping arc.

arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by arcanus » Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:23 pm

Drakes current Initiative is: 18+1D6

Initiative roll?