IC - Axis Umbra

Journeys into the Realms Arcane to be detailed here.

Moderators: arcanus, Otto

Cardinal
New Blood
New Blood

Karma Karma Karma Karma Karma Karmelion!!!

Post by Cardinal » Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:42 am

Just checked Max's Karma page and you have 16 current karma

Drake
Solo
Solo

Post by Drake » Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:31 pm

Oh yeah, I could have done that m'self really :)

Right...

arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by arcanus » Sat Jan 19, 2008 9:56 am

Drake wrote:Is this the chamber from the Aztec pyramid on the real world?
Drake takes in his surroundings, it is unclear whether this is the real chamber or still part of the MetaQuest, he can still see the silvery thread of the female form stretching up into the vortex, which has now shrunk to barely the size of a man hole cover.

The absence of a ward or background count would indicate that maybe he was still upon the Quest, 'but then' thought Francis Drake, in doing the quest perhaps he had bypassed both, his understanding of MetaQuests was somewhat limited but gathering significant momentum.

Drake notices that the female form has turned a pale milky white, some vibrancy is provided by her cord, however the prone male form has no such cord and is a draker grey, lined with veins of black.
'Time is ticking' thinks Drake 'And ticking quickly'

Drake
Solo
Solo

Post by Drake » Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:15 pm

Drake can almost hear Curren's voice in his mind "Tick tock, mate!" and he knows he must act.

"This must still be an astral realm" mutters the gnome to himself, "cos I can see her thread..."

He had already decided to help the female first, as she still had an astral link to her physical form, but the male looked much closer to death.

He rushes over to the prone male image, and lays his hand on the astral chest. His hands pass through as if trying to touch a ghost, which in this case is probably closer to the truth. With his hands in his body he channels his own energy into the prone form. A small shockwave pulses from the gnomes hands as the spiritual energy floods into this form.
(2 points of karma donated to keep this one going long enough for Drake to return... hopefully)
He then turns to address the female. Like her male companion there is no form to this woman, she does not exist in a tangible manner. Drake must make himself ethereal to be able to communicate with her.
Any other mage would simply 'go astral'. He'd seen Curren do it on a number of occasions, but had never been able to do it himself... at least not in the real world.
Astral planes were strange places where strange things happen. He'd already battled the Angel of Death, how hard could it be to astrally project when he is currently living within an astral realm?
"Ok skipper, how you gonna do this?" he asks of himself as he scrathces his small beard thoughtfully.
"You can summon a spirit.... summoning it's presence from the astral planes into the real world. OK. Got that. You can banish a spirit too, sending it back from the real world, across the astral barrier... Yeah. So you just need to kinda banish yourself, or reverse summon yourself. Easy. Off you go, Frank!"

arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by arcanus » Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:20 pm

Roll Intuition+2 Dice.

See Out of Character Post for details.

Drake
Solo
Solo

Post by Drake » Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:00 pm

OK.... Intuition + 2.

I think Drake Intuition is 6. So 8 dice then. TN 5?
Intuition: 13 5 4 4 2 2 1 1
Does that count as 3 successes?

arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by arcanus » Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:24 pm

Does that count as 3 successes?
3 Hits, it does.

arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by arcanus » Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:32 am

Francis Drake reached deep into his Karmic reserves, stretching out towards the cord and forms of the two diminishing astral presences.

'Nothing'
'No you fool Drake' he thinks to himself 'Not physically, magically'

Extending his power, its like trying to grasp a slippery eel, Drakes head pounds as he pushes to the upper reach of both his knowledge and power before he finally establishes the required link, Karmic power floods out of him and into the forms momentarily flaring their auras and granting a little longer.

Drake is aware that he is not alone, slowly cautiously turning he sees the female angel.
Imagine a winged Kate Blanchett playing Galadriel from LOTR)
"What you seek to do is a higher order of learning, far beyond your understanding Francis, perhaps this battle is lost!"

Drake
Solo
Solo

Post by Drake » Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:41 pm

"There's a human phrase that fits this situation quite well, my dear..." says the gnome, "It ain't over til the fat lady sings. Now I know a few chubb's, and they ain't singin at the moment, so let's put our head's together shall we?
I've worked out I can't squeeze myself over into their 'realm' as it were, and I need to wake up their astral selves in order to get the lady to follow me back along her thread to where her physical body lays. Let's focus on that one. Can you wake her astral form?" he asks of the angel.

"If only Curren were here" thinks Drake, "he'd know what to do. Probably 'ave a cuppa tea, then do something. What would he do..."

arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by arcanus » Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:54 pm

"You seek to reunite and empower souls, such is Higher Magics, I can empower you to do this but what is brought in return?, little one"