IC - Axis Umbra Drakus

Journeys into the Realms Arcane to be detailed here.

Moderators: arcanus, Otto

Post Reply
User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1465
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm

Full Metal Jacket - Drakes Quest Fall 2057

Post by arcanus » Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:16 am

Frank Drake stood within the workshop, an old stone floor stained by numerous leaks of motor oil, thick steel chains hung from pulleys.
It was hard to tell how large the room was or indeed if it ended at all, as it was enshrouded in considerable shadow and areas of darkness.

Drake's Quest was his most ambitious yet, in order to bring himself closer to the 'Gagglepus' he was constructing a suit of armour, one step closer to living metal.
However enemies were all around, even undertaking this was a risk, what is someone discovered his warehouse and more worryingly the 'Ball'.
He had to hide the magics that would be incorporated within the suit, ensure its construction was as competant as humanly, or gnomanly possible as any less would be an insult to his new found god.

Held within Frank's left hand were two silver threads 'This would not be easy' he thought to himself, the first aim of his Quest also meant that he was one hand down!
'Here goes'

User avatar
Drake
Solo
Solo
Posts: 260
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:11 pm

Post by Drake » Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:11 am

"Here goes" thought the gnome to himself, "Now, I have these couple of threads, and I need to lose them in the 'planes... So i need a door of some sort perhaps?"

That plan seemed as good as any, so with a wave of his free hand he started to build a door in the middle of the vast workshop.

Slowly long pieces of metal floated from the shadows to form a crude door frame, which gradually filled with rusty, mottled flat bit of metal.

Within half an hour the solid metal gnome-sized door and frame stood in the midst of the dark workship.

Frank walked up to the crude handle, clutched the 2 fine silver theads, and closed his eyes.

He pulled the heavy door, which creaked and screeched as metal moved over metal, and stepped thorugh...

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1465
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm

Post by arcanus » Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:06 pm

Drake found himself stepping into what appeared to be the bowels of a ship or factory, a tunnel of pipes, stopcocks, valves, oil and most of all inky darkness.
Carrying the threads he cautiously makes his way through the shadows, slivers of light illuminating wisps of vapour.
GM wrote:Make a Perception+Intuition Roll?

User avatar
Drake
Solo
Solo
Posts: 260
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:11 pm

Post by Drake » Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:48 pm

GM wrote:Make a Perception+Intuition Roll?
Perception + Intuition: 9 8 7 (3 Hits)

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1465
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm

Post by arcanus » Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:54 pm

Drake wrote:Perception + Intuition: 9 8 7 (3 Hits)
Although he couldn't quite put his finger upon it, Drake felt that he might not be alone!

User avatar
Drake
Solo
Solo
Posts: 260
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:11 pm

Post by Drake » Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:08 pm

Using his size to his advantage, the small gnome ducked under nearby pipes and made his way into the maze of metal. He wrapped the silver threads around his arm a few times, to make sure they wouldn't fall, and crawled on his hands and knees under pipes, over gantries, trying to make it very hard for whatever was in here to follow him.
He knew he needed to find another door to another realm, but how many would he need to traverse before the spell threads were indeed 'hidden'?

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1465
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm

Post by arcanus » Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:26 pm

Drake wrote:He knew he needed to find another door to another realm, but how many would he need to traverse before the spell threads were indeed 'hidden'?
Drake knew that the door was there somewhere, upon the edge of his hearing he could just pick up small skittering noises.
Tremors of panic flowed through him, picking up his pace, 'where the hell was it!'
Looking down the pipe corridor he could make out small, jagged shapes, blades skittering across old concrete floors, getting closer and closer.
GM wrote:Make a Willpower+Intuition roll?

User avatar
Drake
Solo
Solo
Posts: 260
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:11 pm

Post by Drake » Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:34 pm

GM wrote:Make a Willpower+Intuition roll?
Willpower+Intuition: 7 7 5 5 5 5 5 (7 Hits)

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1465
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm

Post by arcanus » Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:47 pm

Swallowing down his growing fear, Drake allowed his 'Other' senses to cast out, keeping a wary eye upon the scissor figures he shot his hand into a nest of pipes, allowing his Magic to guide him he found it.

Cranking the lever down, a circular man-hole like hatch swung open, as sharp legs scurried in pursuit he tumbled through the gateway to another place.

User avatar
Drake
Solo
Solo
Posts: 260
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:11 pm

Post by Drake » Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:56 pm

If the little fella does indeed tumble into a new realm and finds himself airborne, he'll knock out a quick levitate to control his descent.
Will Frank need to continue traversing realms until he reaches the Citadel? Or is there something he must do to help with the suit construction? (Which was the other part of the quest)

Post Reply