IC - Axis Umbra Malthus

Journeys into the Realms Arcane to be detailed here.

Moderators: arcanus, Otto

Curren
Magi
Magi

Post by Curren » Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:47 pm

'How long has this dam been in place?' he asks as he bends down and picks up a straight stick measuring two foot in length. He sweeps it around in an arc and then deftly rolls it from the back of his hand up his arm onto his shoulder. Gravity brings the stick back the way it came and Curren flicks his wrist to the side and catches it in his hand.

'It appears to me that it really isn't that old.' he voices his opinion to Blake.

arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by arcanus » Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:58 pm

"Well thats why we were a bit surprised when you turned up" replied Blake, the little girl was captivated by the stick.
"It was built only a decade ago!", Blake turned and looked up, squinting at a shaft of white gold sunlight breaking through the canopy.

Curren
Magi
Magi

Post by Curren » Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:09 pm

'Well yes, I can understand that. But needs must when the guv'nor calls!' he smiles sheilding his eyes from the glare with his hand as he regards Mr Blake.

'I want to keep you safe in your homes, and that Sir is my highest priority.' he tosses the stick away lightly and leans against a young tree.

'What can you remember of when they first built the dam? And can you point out to me any workings etcetera that they made?' he asks.

arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by arcanus » Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:57 am

Blake looks a little concerned at the mention of safety.
"I certainly can, I'll show you the earthworks, when they built it, just remind me of what you have to do?" he said hesitantly
That said he began to move into a trail through the trees and shrubbery which Curren's instinctive sense of direction told him would lead due south west of the Hamlet.

Curren
Magi
Magi

Post by Curren » Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:40 am

He thought back at the dwarf's instructions, he had stipulated that the structure was to be demolished. Curren blushed in embarassment at this glaring ommission from what he had told Blake.

'Toblin, could I speak to you privately a moment?' he asked stopping on the trail and turning towards the villager.

arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by arcanus » Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:22 pm

The walk took them through a dark trail, big leaves moist with morning dew protected from the suns evaporation by the thick canopy above.
Again Curren relished the clean, simple nature of the place, a good stroll without problem or incident, far from the dangers of the Sixth World.

The trio appeared at a grassy hillock, the northern slope of which descended down into the base of the dam, at the base of the dam where the earth ruptured to allow the stone behemoth to rise was a pooling of water.
Liquid that had gradually seeped through the stone work, finding its way as befitting a force of nature.

Blake turned after looking up the full height of the ediface, he left the little girl in charge of his satchel and a wooden scrimshaw, he'd been working on.
Satisfied the girl was entertained he walked across to the other side of the hillock, he turned to face Curren.
"So what did you want to talk to me about?" he asked

Curren
Magi
Magi

Post by Curren » Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:13 pm

'You see I haven't been entirely accurate about what my job entails.' he begins as he kneels and dips his hands in the pool of water, and moistens and cools his face from the warm day.

He looks over his shoulder at Blake, 'I have been tasked to demolish the dam on the companies orders. But to ensure that your hamlet is safe and unscathed.' Curren stands and regards the villager, gauging his reaction to the news.
Perception+Logic of 9 3 3 3 3 2 2 2 2 1 1 1 hit.

arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by arcanus » Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:31 pm

Despite Curren's lack of perception Blakes expression is evident, stricken with worry. He looks aprehensively at the dam and then at his daughter.

Curren
Magi
Magi

Post by Curren » Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:51 pm

He stands and walks back to the concerned man.

'Believe me I'm not going to attempt anything until I've fully surveyed the whole area, drawn up the plans and let you study them for yourself.' he assured the vilager.

'And its not going to be a rush job. I'm going to have to bring in some assistance. Personal friends of mine!' he added with a air of growing confidence.

'But more importantly I want your input and guidance about the dam and the old river course. That knowledge is essential to success.' he adds.
Charisma + Logic 7 5 5 4 4 3 2 2 1 1 3 Hits
'And I would like to ask if there would be any improvements you would like to the hamlet itself? I can help you there too.' he offers.

arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by arcanus » Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:41 pm

Blake looks both preturbed and relieved "When you say friends who might they be?" he says
Blake thinks for a while, looking out at the pool and the dam.
"There is a local guide who helped the builders, plot all the courses and earth works, he might be able to help?" suggests Blake, who seems a little happier.