IC - Axis Umbra Malthus

Journeys into the Realms Arcane to be detailed here.

Moderators: arcanus, Otto

arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by arcanus » Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:20 pm

Curren wrote:Intelligence roll: 8 5 4 3 3
Are they talking about the three of us (my avatar with me) forming a circle around the stone and the accord will be made?
Of is this really a node of power? Similar to Crab Orchard Lake?
GM wrote:Yes they are suggesting that you reach an accord by forming a circle.
Its not a Node but a domain, the Stone anchors the domain making it permanent rather realms that are etherial and disolve once explored.

Curren
Magi
Magi

Post by Curren » Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:00 am

'I understand.' Curren's voice buzzed and crackled hollowly from the Avatar that surrounded him. And as one, both the ethereal armoured knight and the human instinctively moved into position beside the stone.

With a flourish from nowhere so it seemed, a sword appeared in the avatars huge hands. It was a blade that pulsed and glowed faintly with living lights of infinite colours, and the pulsing darkness of entropy and the void.

The swords design and type shifted intermittently in the avatars hands, one moment a beautiful shining longsword, a rusty tulwar the next. The physical changes in the blade gained in momentum until the weapon flickered and shifted so quickly between the multitudes of blade types that it became insubstantial. Forms of the blades of Law, Balance and Chaos were represented in the avatars hands; and it lifted this lethal symbol in a salute to the standing stone that was the heart of the domain.

‘I am ready’ Curren/Avatar intoned together, in a voice that rumbled like thunder.

arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by arcanus » Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:42 pm

Curren wrote:‘I am ready’ Curren/Avatar intoned together, in a voice that rumbled like thunder.
GM wrote:Make a Metamagic roll and a Willpower roll?.

Curren
Magi
Magi

Post by Curren » Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:55 pm

Make a Metamagic roll and a Willpower roll?.
13 8 5 5 5 4 4 3 2 1 (Rule of one applied to highest roll)

arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin

Goodnight

Post by arcanus » Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:51 am

"Don't play with your food" snapped granny
Curren frowned, scolded like a child, however the elderly ladies demeanor brooked no arguement or impertience.
Baroff suppressed a smile and dug into his roast.

The meal was delicious it was the weight of events that was stripping 'Malthalamus' of his appetite.
They sat within an old farmhouse cottage, a warm cosy room, that reminded Curren of days long past.
At the great oak tables center sat a glass sphere not unlike a fishbowl, within it the village sat, ‘Toblin Blake’ tended to his vegetable plot.

“So what do you care” the elderly woman scowled
“What, I mean pardon?” replied Curren rising from his reverie
“This is a dream, a figment, what do you care to break it to achieve your goal, haven’t you dallied around enough” she snapped
“And before you give me the good of mankind speech, why do you really care?” her eyes narrowed
Before Malthalamus Curren responded he noticed that Barof had vanished from his seat, looking back to the bowl he saw the old troll walking up the hill towards his cabin.
He turned and waved, or rather more saluted, before entering the old building.

Curren
Magi
Magi

Post by Curren » Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:17 pm

Curren smiled at the image in the sphere and then looked up into the eyes of the guardian.
‘Because this is my psyche I’m dealing with here, its not a dream. My hopes and fears of the future are all mapped out here.’ He reached over and picked up the glass sphere. ‘When I meet someone or something in the ether of astral space, it is a reflection of me in some respect, be it good or bad. And I must conquer my failings, or fail in the attempt.’

‘The decisions I make here have repercussions that echo through to the physical world, decisions that I don’t make lightly.’ The traveller’s eyes softened.

‘And in all honesty I feel more at home in the astral planes, I have an affinity to these boundless and infinite tracts of the soul. I feel at home here.’

‘But, like any pleasant ‘dream’ as you put it; it must come to an end for now.’

The traveller stood and bowed to the old lady. ‘Thank you for the meal, it was very nice.’

Curren brought the sphere down with huge force onto the wooden table.

arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by arcanus » Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:26 pm

Caliburn Black pulled over from the freeway, he sensed the change, the rumblings upon the ether.
Frank Drake sat upright from his snooze, he also sensed the rumblings.
Both soldiers sensed great motion and movement through their Metamagical links.

The rumbling shook the hill, smaller logs tumbled off 'Barof's roof.
Curren watched as an immense breach appeared vertically on the dam, the weight of the lake beyond widening the crack until the entire dam wall surrendered and collasped.
A sense of horror and exhilaration filled him as the waters thundered down into the valley and towards the village.

arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by arcanus » Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:47 pm

The ground erupted, exploding as a column of ashen brown stone blasted through the ether.
The column or obelisk caught Curren full on and propelled him into the etheric skies, tearing through astral clouds and the fabric of worlds.

Curren's voice roared over the thunder of the stones voyage.

arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by arcanus » Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:16 pm

Images and dreamscapes floated past Curren, the weight of the stone bore down upon him.

He looked across the cosy dining room at 'Toblin', a little girl tugged at his sleeve, looking down he cast his gaze upon 'Toblins' daughter.
His daughter 'Jenny', with her dog 'Bonnie'.

'Wait where am I' thought Malthalmus
'Loki' meowed at him, "Your always hungry, you greedy beggar" he smiled

Still the stone cast him through the ether

Curren
Magi
Magi

Post by Curren » Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:17 am

'Oh my god, what have I done?' the Crusader groaned inwardly as he fought to maintain his balance with the great inertia on the obelisk as it continued to power upwards into the cloudy heavens.

'WE HAD AN ACCORD!' he bellowed into the howling freezing wind as the skies began to turn from blue to an inky black with the height of his ascension.

Magic Theory: 5 4 4 4 4 3 2 (rule of 1 applied) what is happening?
Last edited by Curren on Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.