OOC - Curren

This is the Area to Post ideas, concepts and thoughts for character advancement/enhancement.

Moderators: arcanus, Otto

Curren
Magi
Magi

Post by Curren » Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:46 am

Arcanus wrote:
I would agree in that it would be a good time to increase the Strength of Curren and Drakes Initiate Link, and develop Sending.
In order to reduce Karmic Cost, a personalised version could be learned first allowing only the two of them to communicate and then developed into a more general talent later.
The Karmic Cost for the Personalised Sending would be 10 Karma rather than 20.
We'll have to put this to Drake when he gets back eh?

Curren
Magi
Magi

Post by Curren » Sat Oct 24, 2009 1:56 pm

Adept Ability/Spell: Power Boost

I think Jimmy has this ability in some shape or form; I want to be able to increase my phys ad abilities in areas such as Great Leap/Olfactory etc.

Obviously we improve this by initiation normally, but I was wondering if we could try it this way:

For example (as I have recently done in Lost Years) Curren wants to jump a distance that due to his limitations he will not normally make. However a temporary boost of this ability would make it possible.

I know we're bordering on the purpose of Centering but is there an alternative to this I could make into a power.

-------------------------------------------------------

Also, I would like to look into some sort of combat absorbtion (ala GURPS but nowhere near as horribly powerful) as Curren is pretty adept now at taking pain and using it to his advantage.

It could in fact be combined with the power boost ability mentioned above, or a temporary boost to his stats.

It could read as this:

Bad man pulls out his Predator and fires three shots at Curren, our hero rolls his body dice to negate damage. Every block of damage he resists (up to his own 12 physical blocks) allocates a point either to a stat or +1 die for an attributed skill he denotes. The stat or skill allocation will be instantaneous and used straight away and cannot be banked.

The skill allocation must be to a physical skill only.

If he doesn't resist it, he takes damage as usual without the absorbtion benefits.

How does that sound?

:twisted:
Last edited by Curren on Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Curren
Magi
Magi

Strength Increase and Weapon Foci

Post by Curren » Sat Oct 24, 2009 4:04 pm

I would like to think now with all of Currens physical training etc that I could raise his Body up to six (from 3 or 4). This obviously doesn't mean he appears physically leaner but more resilient to getting hit! (Could I have this actioned now with the Karma I have?)

Also Currens Weapons; granted they are essentially weapon foci's (thanks to my sorceror adept power) but I was wondering if the ritual of dismantling (if successful in Malthus) could actually be applied to the swords.

It would make a nasty surprise to an enemy who's magical weapon or items are drained of their power!

Making them permanently electric is also on my Christmas List!!

Curren
Magi
Magi

Post by Curren » Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:35 am

I would like to think now with all of Currens physical training etc that I could raise his Body up to six (from 3 or 4). This obviously doesn't mean he appears physically leaner but more resilient to getting hit! (Could I have this actioned now with the Karma I have?)
With regard to this could I also have my Metaskills skill from 3 to 5 as well with current Karma?

arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by arcanus » Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:03 pm

Curren wrote:With regard to this could I also have my Metaskills skill from 3 to 5 as well with current Karma?

For the princely sum of 11 Karma the deed is done, Ker Ching (Nice doing business with you) :wink:

Curren
Magi
Magi

Post by Curren » Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:48 pm

Thank you very much!

:)

Curren
Magi
Magi

Post by Curren » Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:49 am

Curren wrote:
Background count ability: Was that for initiate powers; or was this the plans for Axis Umbra?
Arcanus wrote: I don't think we decided or explored how it would work, I think it would be a ritual, a big spell.

Your idea came from the violent background count you encountered when negotiating the skies over Puget Sound during the storm and assault on the yacht, plus undoubtably what he'd encountered in Bug City.

I think the idea was to channel violent background count into a vortex

Of course there is the other potential which is to open a gate or vortex directly to an elemental or power plane and vent pure primal energy at a target
Sounds like Flamestrike! A very potent D+D Cleric power!

Curren
Magi
Magi

Post by Curren » Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:01 am

Things to do:

Initiate orders own combat/Task/Magic pool: i.e Crusader Pool. A number of dice that can be used by any member of the order.

Teaching Derleth Speech: This will build a ggod rapport between the man and spirit with obvious advantages.

Curren
Magi
Magi

Post by Curren » Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:41 pm

Arc, what are the rulings behing the karmic ritual?

As I assume that I passed the test (for now anyway!).

arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by arcanus » Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:24 pm

Curren wrote:Arc, what are the rulings behing the karmic ritual?
As I assume that I passed the test (for now anyway!).
Arcanus wrote:You have indeed, I'll write it up for you :wink: