OOC - Curren

This is the Area to Post ideas, concepts and thoughts for character advancement/enhancement.

Moderators: arcanus, Otto

Curren
Magi
Magi

Sketchbook

Post by Curren » Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:33 pm

I'll be throwing ideas on here, as I have a real bad habit of forgetting them very quickly! Forgive me if this thread fills up!
Vord Gubbins : Hospital Radio DJ Manager Seattle State Emergency Services : Dwarf : American : Texan : age 52

Potential character/ Contact for the Foundation.
Uses: PR and information for the Angel Foundation.
Expert in Negotiation and Counseling (Holding a Doctorate) : Hosts the prime time radio show 'Speak Up' which deals with social issues and personal problems. Previously a Human/Metahuman rights activist.
Oversees and moderates the hospital radio stations in the Seattle tri State area.

Hospital Radio/Street Foundation Radio: The ability to relay messages that appear mundane (Dedications to Little Jimmy in Ward 12/ The soup kitchen is moving to 47th steet etc) but in fact can be codes used by the trusted foundation members to aid in their missions. This is a virtually unbreakable/undetectable method of relaying sensitive information to field operatives.
Basically a 'dedication' could be handed to an unknowing DJ in one of the hospitals to broadcast and no-one would be any the wiser, hence where Gubbins comes into his own.

Seattle Street Foundation Radio could be established by Gubbins and run by one of his subordinates. Foundation Radio will be created like its parent organisation as a legitimate non-profit making body that will survive on advertisements from such organisations as UNICEF and Amnesty International to name a few. The station will be made by the people, for the people and will not be classed as an easy listening station.

'SSFR Radio, 24/7! Made by the people, for the people!'

Curren
Magi
Magi

Post by Curren » Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:29 am

Charity Shops: The need to procure a few shops around the Seattle state area for the Foundation; finally branching out to other Cities. These shops could be used in extreme circumstances as safe houses for operations undertaken.

PR and Advertising : Initially will be run by Vord Gubbins but if successful it will branch out to a larger medium.

Orphanage : Will attempt to find a good location for one.

Curren
Magi
Magi

Post by Curren » Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:54 am

Astral Comms for initiate Order. COMPLETE

Ability/Spell : Deactive simple machines (Ala Werewolf; would work well with Currens mechnical ineptness.)
Last edited by Curren on Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by arcanus » Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:25 pm

Curren wrote:Astral Comms for initiate Order.
Arcanus wrote:A few ways (I can think of) to achieve this:
Firstly there is a MetaTalent called Sending, which allows mental comms with up to a number of people per GOI, this travels via the Metaplanes so is pretty secure, and can be reinforced by an astral Quest to hide the trails (Adding the level of the Quest to any Threshold to listen in).
Secondly it could be achieved via a Mindspeech/Link spell (Which would be cheaper than a power, but would take drain), this could also be hidden by MetaQuest, Drain could be reduced however by it only being able to facilitate comms via your Group Avatar and therefore only usable by Initiate members of your group.
Obviously enchanted devices could be constructed to assist with the above or to provide the comms (Drake is good at enchantment, hasn't really used it as yet).
Curren wrote:Ability/Spell : Deactive simple machines (Ala Werewolf; would work well with Currens mechnical ineptness.)
Arcanus wrote:I think this would be an excellent spell, jamming maglocks, maybe trigger mechanisms etc etc
I think both Drakes and Currens ideas are leaning heavily toward Spell design, I think a lot more legwork could be achieved via the forum in terms of design time etc etc.

arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin

Ideas - 16/04/2009

Post by arcanus » Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:21 am

Storm Swords
Astral Vortex Weapons
Channelled Background Count

Curren
Magi
Magi

Post by Curren » Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:03 pm

It all sounds good to me! :)

Curren
Magi
Magi

Post by Curren » Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:18 am

Ritual of Dismantling: Metaquest currently being undertaken in Axis Umbra Malthus.

arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin

The Connection

Post by arcanus » Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:31 pm

Arcanus wrote:I would agree in that it would be a good time to increase the Strength of Curren and Drakes Initiate Link, and develop Sending.
In order to reduce Karmic Cost, a personalised version could be learned first allowing only the two of them to communicate and then developed into a more general talent later.
The Karmic Cost for the Personalised Sending would be 10 Karma rather than 20.

Curren
Magi
Magi

Post by Curren » Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:22 am

What about the current point in the Axis umbra thread? Could that reduce the karma again? :wink:

arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by arcanus » Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:02 am

Curren wrote:What about the current point in the Axis umbra thread? Could that reduce the karma again? :wink:
No as theres a different reward for the completion of that Quest, although the success of saving the Dam will determine the karmic reduction :twisted: