IC - Axis Umbra Malthus

Journeys into the Realms Arcane to be detailed here.

Moderators: arcanus, Otto

arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin

IC - Axis Umbra Malthus

Post by arcanus » Sun Mar 08, 2009 3:34 pm

Curren's solo Quests to be posted here.

arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin

Currens MetaQuest - Dismantling Circa 2060

Post by arcanus » Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:32 pm

Malthalamus Curren stood upon the huge dam, a great construction made from old stone, on its north side lay a huge body of water,
while on the south a thousand foot drop, stretching into a flat plain of coniferous forests.

"I must say that this is quite an undertaking" Curren turned to look at the small imaculately dressed dwarf in a pinstripe suit.
"As you can see the destruction of the dam, is required to vent the trapped lake water into its original bed, however you will be required to avoid the town over there" with which he points to a settlement visible within the woods.

Curren's eyebrows raised and he released a long silent whistle.

Curren
Magi
Magi

Post by Curren » Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:11 pm

'Aha!' he exclaims aloud in realisation.

'So its a demolition job is it eh?' he thinks to himself.

'Is there any advice you can give me Mr...?' he asks the dwarf.

arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by arcanus » Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:23 pm

The dwarf looks momentarily stricken with indecision and grumbles about hiring an expert, then the expert asking the hired help, and that in general the hired help weren't paid nearly enough - and breath.
A stern ahem, returns the Dwarves attention to the matter in hand.
"Well, what's required is of course to demolish the dam, however the water needs to be routed past the village without harm, or payment will of course not be due"
Curren gives the dwarf a 'thanks for pointing out the painfully obvious"
"A matter of brains rather than brawn" he smiles

Curren
Magi
Magi

Post by Curren » Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:32 pm

What kind of rock is surrounding the dam? And if this is a man-made structure there should be tunnels in the rock that act as a run off for excess water.
Does there seem to be any water on the other side of the dam at all?
If necessary, I will ask the dwarf these very questions.

arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by arcanus » Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:55 pm

Curren wrote:What kind of rock is surrounding the dam? And if this is a man-made structure there should be tunnels in the rock that act as a run off for excess water.
Arcanus wrote:The Dam was constructed between two hills, however there are tunnels allow overflow.
Curren wrote:Does there seem to be any water on the other side of the dam at all?
Arcanus wrote:The lake side is full, a small degree of water does vent through drains and cascades down into a small river, which follows what is presumably the course of the original lake.

Curren
Magi
Magi

Post by Curren » Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:18 pm

How far down the bank is the settlement on the original rivers course?
And how many houses does it consist of?

arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by arcanus » Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:24 pm

Curren wrote:How far down the bank is the settlement on the original rivers course?
Arcanus wrote:The settlement lies around a mile and a half to the dams north west, but well within the uncontrolled burst should the dam rupture.
Curren wrote:And how many houses does it consist of?
Arcanus wrote:Around 40 cottages.

Curren
Magi
Magi

Post by Curren » Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:49 am

'Indeed! Brains over brawn...' The Englishman answers thoughtfully to the Dwarf as he raises his eyebrows with amusement.

'I think I'm going to go down and have a chat with the villagers, so if you would excuse me Mr?.' he produces his hand for the dwarf to shake it.

'Rest assured that the job will be done swiftly and prudently.' Curren gives back some confidence to put the Dwarf at ease.

'Now how the heck do I get down there?' He thinks to himself with irritation as he looks uncertainly around.

arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by arcanus » Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:27 pm

The dwarf spluttered and watched as Curren wandered off, eventually finding a path that led from the dam, down the north hill path until he arrived at the hamlet.
The place was small, cosy and breathed an air of peace, it reminded Curren of the tranquility of Crab Lake.