IC - Bug City The Lost Years

This is the area for all Terrestrial In Character Posts.

Moderators: arcanus, Curren, Drake, Black, Otto

Post Reply
User avatar
Curren
Magi
Magi
Posts: 515
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:30 pm

Post by Curren » Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:27 pm

Audibly panting with the exertion and the injuries he has sustained; Curren staggers upright and sprints down the corridor looking for a room to get into.
Looking at the girl; he checks to see how badly hurt she is.
Perception 5,4,4

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Post by arcanus » Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:54 pm

Curren wrote:Looking at the girl; he checks to see how badly hurt she is.
Perception 5,4,4
GM wrote:The girl is concussed, heavily bruised, other than that you cannot see the full extent of her injuries.

User avatar
Curren
Magi
Magi
Posts: 515
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:30 pm

Post by Curren » Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:55 pm

Any signs of pursuit? Perception 5, 3
Have I found a door to a room in the corridor?

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Post by arcanus » Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:02 pm

After checking the girl, Curren turned in doing so he saw the man-wasp tearing itself free from the masonry.

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Along Came a Spider

Post by arcanus » Wed Nov 04, 2009 4:48 pm

True Fix Incorporated was an East Coast based auto-repair company, the branch on Chicagos West Side had seen better days, the large single store building had a squat warehouse like look to it.
Concealing the large workshops within, the branch had weathered the onslaught and decay that Chicagos descent into its status as the Containement Zone.
Its oil stained floors, the smell of brake fluids and the constant drips of waters unseen made True Fix an eerie place, Amelia Eckharte walked calmly but quietly through the corridors until she reached the workshop and the buildings occupants.

Although their totem was one of the insect realms most voracious and feared hunters, it was still no match for spider, she approached the gathering unseen, shrouded in magical webs of secrecy.
As she stode into the workshop they became aware of her, resembling gangers each was female, hungry predatory eyes turned upon her.
A severe but oddly attractive woman stood from their midst, a feral smile crossed her face her eyes turning from metahuman green to those of an insect
“It is unfortunate sister that you stumbled in here” she said in a chillingly matter of fact way.
Amelia was aware that several of the female gangers were creeping through the machinery and structures to flank her, one of whom moved to but a few feet behind her.

Amelia looked unimpressed at the blond leader “There was no stumbling in here, Mantis!” she replied in clear challenge.
The figure behind moved to attack, shifting as it did, its once human form becoming that of a metahuman sized preying mantis, its advance was abruptly cut short as an enormous spider materialized its maw descending upon the mantis spirit and biting it in two, devouring the upper half.

Strands of hard chitinous web like material launched from ‘Amelia’s hands impaling several other mantids around the leader, the strands dissolved allowing their dying forms to crumple to the floor.
“Now spider would like to know why mantis hasn’t struck at the Great Hive” Amelia asked and this time the hunger was evident in her voice.

User avatar
Curren
Magi
Magi
Posts: 515
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:30 pm

Post by Curren » Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:02 pm

Did I manage to sight a door along the corridor?

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Post by arcanus » Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:56 pm

GM wrote:Yes several office doors along the corridor and a fire door on the far left!
Last edited by arcanus on Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Curren
Magi
Magi
Posts: 515
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:30 pm

Post by Curren » Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:27 pm

Curren wrote:Could I use mist form on the girl as well as myself? Idea forming... :)

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Post by arcanus » Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:24 pm

Curren wrote:Could I use mist form on the girl as well as myself? Idea forming... :)
GM wrote:You can however you'll need to cast it upon her, rather than using your personalised and anchored spell.

User avatar
Curren
Magi
Magi
Posts: 515
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:30 pm

Post by Curren » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:29 pm

Ok, Curren is going to cast a PDI of both him and the girl, at the same time I'll cast mist form on the girl and activate my mist form. (A trick I used at Crab Orchard Lake if you remember to distract)
I will invest more power into the PDI so the extra mana use will act as a beacon for the insect spirit.
The PDI of Curren and the girl will dash up the corridor, and Curren will use magic fingers to open the fire door at the end of the corridor just as the PDI gets to it simulating more reality to the illusion.
PDI then will 'escape' the building, hopefully with the spirit in tow.
The little girl and I will drift under the gap at the foot of the door into the room.

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Post by arcanus » Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:32 pm

GM wrote:Make your Sorcery & Drain Rolls?

User avatar
Curren
Magi
Magi
Posts: 515
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:30 pm

Post by Curren » Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:22 pm

PDI Sorcery: Staged from 3 to FCE 5 Sorcery 7 + 1 magic pool 10 8 7 5 4 4 3 2
Drain 3S Body + 4 magic pool 13 8 7 5 5 3 3 3 2 2: drain taken.
I'll invest 2 Edge dice into boosting the power of it, and thus making it a mana lure for the spirit.
Mist form on the girl: Staged from 2 to FCE 3 Sorcery 7: 8 5 5 4 3 3 2
Drain 3M Body+ 1 magic pool: 10 5 4 4 3 2 1: drain taken.
Magic fingers: Sorcery 7 Staged from 2 to FCE 3: 10 7 5 4 3 2
Drain 3M Will + 1 magic pool: 10 7 5 3: drain taken

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Post by arcanus » Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:23 pm

Pseudo-Curren sprinted down the corridor, the fire door at the hall end swung open as he dashed through.
The wasp smashed its way through the hallway, a trail of vapour of two distinctive but entwined hues wound its way across the hall.
The wasp momentarily pauses glancing at the mist before pursuing its human prey.

Sliding beneath the closed door, the fatigued form of Malthalamus Curren reformed holding the child tenderly in his arms.

User avatar
Curren
Magi
Magi
Posts: 515
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:30 pm

Post by Curren » Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:50 pm

'Hey.' He said softly, fear and anger still quivering his voice as he shook her shoulder lightly.

'You ok?'
Curren wrote:Standard ABC first aid: 8* 4 2 1 1

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Dear Departed

Post by arcanus » Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:20 pm

Scalding tears ran down Curren's face, he stopped himself from squeezing Dorothy's shoulders to hard.
He looked upon the headstones of the refugee families.
They'd lost so many, so many to the all consuming hatred of small minded people who couldn't look past their bigotry and indeed used the confinement of the CZ to inflict it upon innocents.

The big Solo 'Tombstone' laid a heavy hand upon Curren's shoulder, but said nothing.
They stood upon an area of waste ground, adjacent to Elmwood Avenue, dust blew across the ground.
The survivors they had found were also assembled for the service, a grey, miserable day.

It was days like this that Malthalamus Curren seriously questioned his decision to remain within the Zone, it was days like this that he missed his friends terribly.
Tombstone was already tracking the object when the group became aware of it, it circled and then approached, a small drone.
A number of the more capable surviviors drew a bead upon it and it sustained several shots until the group were able to see the white flag fluttering from its ariel.

Curren raised his hand preventing further gunfire, the drone slowly settling upon the waste ground away from the headstones, a trid plate revolved from the drones upper casing and spluttered to life.
An Amerindian woman in her forties appeared in a particularly sci-fi holo-projection, her face and short haircut severe and definitely military.
'Mr Curren' she said, Curren's face immediately contorting into a frown.
'We have heard of your losses and would like to offer your survivors sanctuary' she said
'I understand that in this place such an offer is usually a death sentence, however our reputation should speak for itself, make your way to the Emerson Heights Hotel, there is an external lift which you should be able to gain control of, my men will wait for you until sundown tomorrow'. with that the hologram died and the drone slowly lifted and flew away.

Curren turned looking at Tombstone expectantly
'Former Ares Firewatch, they set up a sanctuary at Wrigley Dome, their rep is similar too yours' he commented, turned and marshaled his militia sending them to ensure the group was currently safe.
As if to emphasise this a small explosion erupted in the distance. 'Never a dull day' thought Curren as Dorothy squeezed his hand.

User avatar
Curren
Magi
Magi
Posts: 515
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:30 pm

Post by Curren » Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:12 pm

How many survivors are there in total? Also age, sex etc?

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Post by arcanus » Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:59 pm

Curren wrote:How many survivors are there in total? Also age, sex etc?
Arcanus wrote:Four families remain 3 mums, 4 fathers, 11 children, plus Tombstones militia of some 9 men.

User avatar
Curren
Magi
Magi
Posts: 515
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:30 pm

Post by Curren » Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:24 pm

'How far away is Emerson Heights Hotel?' Curren asks Tombstone.

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Post by arcanus » Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:32 pm

The big solo allowed himself a slight smile, taking a map from his satchel.
"About 4 clicks from here" he replied "For whats it worth, I think your doing the right thing, the Domes rep is pretty solid, the families would be safer there than anywhere else!"

In the intevening days since the massacre, they had found out that their attackers were the human supremacists 'The Volk', Curren had nothing but hatred for them. The problem was that the Volk had significant numbers, or he would liked to have made them pay dearly.

User avatar
Curren
Magi
Magi
Posts: 515
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:30 pm

Post by Curren » Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:25 pm

'And what about you mate?' he asked Tombstone. 'What are you going to do with your band?'

'Its going to get far worse than what we have experienced; and I can't see it ever getting any better. You coming with us?' he asked as he looked meaningfully around at the desolation and misery of dead Chicago.

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Post by arcanus » Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:41 am

The big man smiled "We'll escort you to the Dome, take a look and figure our next move from there"
He looked out across the broken landscape, thoughtfully
"Somethings gotta give soon!"

User avatar
Curren
Magi
Magi
Posts: 515
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:30 pm

Post by Curren » Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:02 pm

'Hmm, probably the foundations of the buildings.' Curren replied without humour.

'Dorothy, go a play with the other children. But don't go too far ok?' he said to the little girl.

'How do you fancy ours chances?' he asked the solo after Dorothy had skipped off.
Delete after reading: Was tombstone the solo who had started to give me shit when Gagglepuss had gatecrashed suddenly?

User avatar
Curren
Magi
Magi
Posts: 515
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:30 pm

Post by Curren » Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:52 am

'From your silence I take it you don't.' Curren said as he looked again at the final resting place of their fallen. The headstones comprised of slabs that had been crudely ripped off the street pavement; but their names and short touching eulogies had been added with loving care to them using a white paint. Little offerings of flowers, or a fallen childs favorite toy that they had played with were placed on the freshly dug earth.

Curren felt the tears rise again, but angrily shook his head to quash them.

'More innocent blood to stoke the fires of damnation' he thought as the fury once again threatened to overwhelm him.

'I wonder if there will be anyone to bury me when my time comes?'

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Bug City

Post by arcanus » Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:28 pm

The big Solo turned from his thoughts watching the breeze carry debrie and small last offerings, as if they were carrying the souls of the innocents to a better place.

"Not sure I can answer that, Mr Curren, after all you have a habit of proving providence wrong, must make a move soon" he finished.

User avatar
Curren
Magi
Magi
Posts: 515
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:30 pm

Post by Curren » Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:07 pm

'Yes, it's time we got going.' He said as he exhaled a heavy breath.

'I'll get everyone together.'

With one last glance at the stones he pushed the thoughts of the dead away and brought himself back to the cares and woes of the living.

'Plenty of time for reflection later.' he thought as he called out to the survivors to prepare to move out.
What time is it?

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Post by arcanus » Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:24 pm

Curren wrote:What time is it?
Arcanus wrote:Around 14.30

User avatar
Curren
Magi
Magi
Posts: 515
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:30 pm

Post by Curren » Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:09 pm

Hmm, probably not the best time to be heading off. It'll be dark before we get anywhere to affect a defensible position.
Curren asks Tombstone if he knows of any safer areas on the way to the Dome which could afford some protection for the survivors if we were pressed.

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Re:

Post by arcanus » Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:45 am

Curren wrote:Curren asks Tombstone if he knows of any safer areas on the way to the Dome which could afford some protection for the survivors if we were pressed.
The Solo thinks for a moment "Yes, there's an old Mall on the way, good defensible position" he replies

User avatar
Curren
Magi
Magi
Posts: 515
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:30 pm

Re: IC - Bug City The Lost Years

Post by Curren » Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:55 pm

'Reachable before night fall do you reckon?' Curren asks.

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Re: IC - Bug City The Lost Years

Post by arcanus » Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:26 pm

Curren wrote:'Reachable before night fall do you reckon?' Curren asks.
Cocking his head to one side, the Solo again considers things "We'll have to move quickly, keep the innocents together"
His body language becomes serious, the other members of his team begin to sternly marshal the survivors.

"You'll need to lead them, they don't respond to us so well!" he says

User avatar
Curren
Magi
Magi
Posts: 515
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:30 pm

Re: IC - Bug City The Lost Years

Post by Curren » Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:43 pm

The Cockney nodded in understanding. The gun toting solo's in the 'civilians' eyes were no better than the group of murderous fanatics that had decimated their families.

'I'll get my retribution on those fuckers one day' he thought as he walked over to the families that had nervously started to group together with the armed men's prompting.

'It's alright fella's, I'll take it from here.' he nodded to Tombstones militia as he smiled at the remainder of his charges.

'Ok team, Mr Stone and his group are kindly escorting us to a safe place tonight. But we need to gather all of our things together quickly so we can get there before night fall. Now I need all you kids to be brave 'an look after your parents and friends, as without you being in charge of them they may not feel brave enough to get there. Now; can I count on you to look after them?'
Negotiation of 15*, 10, 5, 3
'I want you all to be part of the Dream Team, where anything is possible if we stick together and keep smiling. Do you want to be in my team?'
Charisma:5 (+3 Edge pool) 12*, 8, 5, 3, 3, 2
'Probably best to centre on the kids, they are the weakest link in this venture' he thought grimly.

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Re: IC - Bug City The Lost Years

Post by arcanus » Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:01 pm

Your plan seems to work, as the kids spark up and the glaze of excitement replaces fear.
The parents still look warily at Tombstones troops, recent raw memories still fresh in their minds, 'scars running deep'
thinks Curren.
Distantly gunfire growing ever closer tears through the quiet of the group, the kids are already stood up now eager to get on, the adults look over their shoulders fearfully.

"We should get moving, hunters are getting restless" says Tombstone, his carbine already unslung, his hands running across its working parts automatically, checking its readiness.

User avatar
Curren
Magi
Magi
Posts: 515
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:30 pm

Re: IC - Bug City The Lost Years

Post by Curren » Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:30 pm

Curren claps his hands softly.

'OK Dream Team! Now lets show the grown ups how it's done, I want you to to keep close to them and keep your eyes peeled around you. If you see anything, let the grown ups know and they will let me know.' he looks meaningfully at the parents.

'Dorothy, keep an eye on me an stay close ok? Without you I don't think I can make it, so you can be brave for us both ok?'

'Are we set then? Everything packed? OK, lets go!' Curren nodded to Tombstone.

User avatar
Curren
Magi
Magi
Posts: 515
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:30 pm

Re: IC - Bug City The Lost Years

Post by Curren » Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:38 pm

Whatever happened to the Embracer mate?
Was there any real indication that Cassandra was dead from what Curren saw?
Curren is deep in thought over these questions!

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Re: IC - Bug City The Lost Years

Post by arcanus » Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:47 pm

Curren wrote:Whatever happened to the Embracer mate?
Arcanus wrote:The Embracer seemed to vanish admidst the attack!
Was there any real indication that Cassandra was dead from what Curren saw?
Arcanus wrote:No only that her body was missing, MIA rather than KIA!

User avatar
Curren
Magi
Magi
Posts: 515
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:30 pm

Re: IC - Bug City The Lost Years

Post by Curren » Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:56 pm

Curren will mull this over as the troop travels. :D

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Re: IC - Bug City The Lost Years

Post by arcanus » Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:18 pm

The group moved off, the fretting and fussing quelled and turned into direction.
The mercenaries moved out to vanguard positions and to flank the group, a degree of nervousness ran through the troop as gunfire flared in the near distance.

On the edge of Curren's senses he could sense an etheric weight, a sluggishness that mulled around him.
His paranoia seemed to grow, a sense of constantly being watched, hardly surprising he thought.

The troop moved back into the built up areas, keeping close to the buildings rather than navigating the open street.
There was no sign of life, empty streets littered with long abandoned vehicles and garbage blowing around, empty black windows peering down at the troop.
GM wrote:Make a Perception Roll?

User avatar
Curren
Magi
Magi
Posts: 515
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:30 pm

Re: IC - Bug City The Lost Years

Post by Curren » Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:34 am

Curren's eyes were everywhere; checking on his charges, and the militia to see if everyone was ok. Also for the sleepless enemy that haunted this dying city.

The restictions regarding the use of his powers left him feeling very vunerable, and he only hoped he was strong enough not to fall back on it unless there was no other course of action left to take.

The compound at Emerson Heights were the civillians only hope he thought. In any other circumstances he would have probably rejected their assistance, but the groups situation was very desperate and there were no other options to take.

The question was, would he go with them if they managed to make it to 'sanctuary'?
Perception Roll of 9, 4 , 3, 3

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest