IC - Bug City The Lost Years

This is the area for all Terrestrial In Character Posts.

Moderators: arcanus, Curren, Drake, Black, Otto

Post Reply
User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

IC - Bug City The Lost Years

Post by arcanus » Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:45 pm

January 2057

Malthalamus Curren sat nursing his coffee and looked up at the concerned face of Casandra Alban.
For the past two months she'd helped Curren recoup from his Quest and unravel what he'd learned.

Gianeno placed a plate of pancakes before him, the smell deceiving Curren it almost smelt of real food.
"How'd you make this?" said Curren with friendly suspicion
"You a don wanna know" replied Gianeno with casual flippancy
The englishman sighed and allowed himself a grin
Casandra dug into her pancakes and swallowed down the freeze dried soycafe, although 6 months of revived life in the zone had ensured she was happy with what she had, many within the CZ were starving.

Curren was still thinking, Casandra and he had discussed the findings of his Quest on a number of occasions, that was once his usual level of mistrust had dwindled.
An Initiated mage herself Cass, had become trapped within an astral prison within the Aztechnology Pyramid, it was only through the foresight of a magical runner companion that he petrified her meat body and hid her within a cellar.

It turned out it was a running team that Curren had been involved with that had destroyed the prison and freed her.
Cass had told Malthalamus that as far as she was aware Curren was unique in that the majority of trapped Initiates within the zone couldn't access the Metaplanes.

As for his discoveries they were enlightening, firstly he'd unravelled a pattern, the symbol within the sands pertained to a tome, one that held great secrets concerning access to the astral realms, a tome that would bring him closer to nullifying the threat of the Gagglepus.
The second thing he'd learned was how to unlock his Metapowers to shield himself from higher magics.
The third thing he'd learned was his ability to access the Metaplanes from within the zone and how that provided him with the means of escaping the CCZ.
All of these things had significantly lifted the weary mage.

The thing that worried Curren the most was that he hadn't heard from his good friend Frank Drake in the past months.

User avatar
Curren
Magi
Magi
Posts: 515
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:30 pm

January 2057

Post by Curren » Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:49 pm

After mulling over these thoughts for a while, Curren realised that his food was getting cold and the last thing he wanted to do was displease Gianeno today. A lot of things had happened and he didn't need an argument to cloud his thinking.

He bit into the pancake, his eyes widened and he suddenly realised why Cass had gulped down the Coffee so swiftly afterwards, and he promptly took a deep draught of his coffee.

'Control yourself you prick.' he though angrily to himself. As he looked furtively at Cass hoping that she hadn't noticed his expression of disgust.
Last edited by Curren on Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:19 am, edited 3 times in total.

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

January 2057

Post by arcanus » Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:59 pm

Cassandra Alban had sunkissed red hair, her face was angular, she'd once had a little bit of unnecessary weight but that had long been lost due to the attrition and meagre food supplies within the CCZ.
Her eyes were grey, she stood 5'7 and through a regime of fitness training enforced by their resident samurai 'Tombstone' her body was pretty hard.
Before the zone 'Cass' had was a self confessed 'Bitch', stuck up and arrogant with the special place her magical power granted her.

Her imprisonment within the Aztech soul cage had dosed her with a monumental amount of humility, a gift that helped her deal with the suffering she saw every single day within the zone.
From the limited amount she'd told Curren, he had a great deal of respect for her, to have retained her mind after her mental imprisonment showed a strength of character a cut above the rest.

User avatar
Curren
Magi
Magi
Posts: 515
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:30 pm

January 2057

Post by Curren » Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:57 am

After the feelings of nausea had passed Curren finally realised that something was bothering the girl.

Cass would normally be very good at picking up on any facial mannerisms or quick changes in a persons body language. In fact he had likened it to his own combat premonitions; but Cass's was centred more around a one to one perception of the person she was conversing with. What was even more impressive to the Englishman is that Cass's 'special' perceptions were not magical at all; she was just very good at reading people. And for a change she hadn't picked up on his discomfort over the food.

'Whats up?' He asked her as he sank the remainder of his coffee, and ate the rest of the pancakes tentatively as he willed his stomach to accept them.
Last edited by Curren on Sat Feb 21, 2009 2:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

January 2057

Post by arcanus » Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:28 pm

Cass turned and regarded Curren, obviously mulling something over.
"I just wonder Mal, whether we'll get out of here, I just have a bad feeling, as if the worst isn't over yet, as if the worst is yet to come" with that she went quiet.

The Robinson families children played happily at the beaten up farmhouse table, one of its legs held on by a mixture of gaffer tape and numerous additional nails.
Curren found himself smiling at the innocence, even within hell itself a light sometimes shone through.

User avatar
Curren
Magi
Magi
Posts: 515
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:30 pm

Post by Curren » Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:26 pm

Curren reached across and placed his hand on Cass's.
'Don't worry lav, everything will be fine.' He said simply with an easy smile as he looked into her eyes.

'That lie came easy.' he thought to himself uneasily. The light of innocence could easily be winked out in an instant he knew; and a happy ending to this situation was uncertain if not unlikely.

He shared her fear, but he would be damned if he would show it.

He removed his hand and continued reluctantly with the food.

'Hanging on in quiet desperation, is the English way' ran a line from a song he had heard many years ago. 'Bloody true that' he thought as the children all at once with giggles and screams of laughter leapt from their chairs and ran out of the room.

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

January 2057

Post by arcanus » Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:27 pm

Arnold Roberts stood from his corner, one of the two families fathers.
He seemed to be concentrating, cocking his head to one side.
"Shhhh" he hissed
As the children fell silent so did the basement refuge.
The atmosphere of the room changed, joy to cold reality, and still the survivors silently listened and then they heard it.

A heavy scuffling below the floorboards of the refuge, and whatever it was it sounded large.

When Gianno had reclaimed his resturant he had barricaded any access to the lower sub-basements, and collectively they hoped that they would avoid discovery.

The morbid imaginations of the refugees and the stark reality of the horror of their situation took hold again. The fear was almost a physical thing like a contagen; that chilled the hearts and sapped the spirits of one and all in the hideout. This fear could easily turn to panic at any moment, so the Englishman had to act.

'I must not be frightened, for their sakes.' Curren muttered inaudibly as he tentatively stood up and held his finger to his lips for continued silence.

User avatar
Curren
Magi
Magi
Posts: 515
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:30 pm

Post by Curren » Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:48 pm

Whereabouts in the room (under the floor) does the sound seem to originate from?

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Post by arcanus » Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:43 pm

Curren wrote:Whereabouts in the room (under the floor) does the sound seem to originate from?
Arcanus wrote:Within the corridors, sewers beneath and to the north of the basement.

User avatar
Curren
Magi
Magi
Posts: 515
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:30 pm

Post by Curren » Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:38 pm

Curren tip-toed swiftly over to the corner where the sounds seemed to originate from, and dropped down and put his ear to the dusty wooden floor.
Listen of 9 5 5 4 2 1 1 3 Hits
Curren casts Clairvoyance subtley to prevent a bleed off of too much power that could be detected. These things have a nasty habit of detecting magic!
Clairvoyance at FCE 5 : 12 5 5 5 4 4 4 3 2 1 1 5 Hits
Drain at FCE 2(-3 to Spell Force According to SR rules) 11 5 5 5 3 3 2 2 2 1 Drain resisted.

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Post by arcanus » Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:21 pm

GM wrote:Make an Intuition+Willpower roll?

User avatar
Curren
Magi
Magi
Posts: 515
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:30 pm

Post by Curren » Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:32 am

Intuition/Willpower of 15 8 7 5 5 1 1 6 Hits

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Post by arcanus » Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:11 pm

A sticky cold sweat slithered down Curren's spine, creating a clammy shivery feeling around his torso.
His sight extended, moving like some movie camera down into the cellar passages beneath, moving through the creepy darkness.
Curren held his breath, waiting for that moment for some terror to spring around the corner or worse still his magical sight running into it.

His vision continues almost as if creeping along the corridor, the shuffling becomes more distant above through the floorboards, then Curren finds it.
A loud crash which again he hears above, redirects his attention, his farsight taking another bend, peering around the corner he jumps.
Rooting through a pile of wooden wreckage, stands a large red, demonic looking creature, its build along the lines of a bald mountain gorilla, complete with horns.

The creature sniffs the air, then turns its eyes flash yellow as it searches for something, its at that point that Curren realises that it is searching for him.
This conclusion causes Curren to shrink his vision back, his spell momentarily distorts as an astral presence passes through its field.
Curren watches as a familiar creature moves up the passage, a creature resembling a dwarf sized cockroach creeps along the tunnel, followed by a second more mishappen version.

User avatar
Curren
Magi
Magi
Posts: 515
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:30 pm

Post by Curren » Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:24 pm

Curren watches as a familiar creature moves up the passage, a creature resembling a dwarf sized cockroach creeps along the tunnel, followed by a second more mishappen version.
What is familiar about it?

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Post by arcanus » Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:14 pm

Curren wrote:What is familiar about it?
Arcanus wrote:In that unfortunately you've seen Good Merge Fleshform Insect Spirits in the past

User avatar
Curren
Magi
Magi
Posts: 515
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:30 pm

Post by Curren » Sun Mar 08, 2009 12:50 pm

Curren slowly raises himself slightly from the floor. Trying his best to keep his composure he turns his body and gestures to Cass to come slowly to him.
What was the astral presence across my vision? Was it Cass?
Once again he reminds the people around the room to keep quiet with a finger to his lips. Looking meaningfully at Gianno and Arnold he opens his suit jacket and taps the heavy pistol that is housed in his shoulder holster very softly.

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Post by arcanus » Sun Mar 08, 2009 4:25 pm

Curren wrote:What was the astral presence across my vision? Was it Cass?
Arcanus wrote:No it was the Dual Nature of the bug

User avatar
Curren
Magi
Magi
Posts: 515
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:30 pm

Post by Curren » Sun Mar 08, 2009 4:52 pm

Oh dear!
With more urgency, he gestures Cass over to him.

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Post by arcanus » Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:51 pm

Curren wrote:
Oh dear!
With more urgency, he gestures Cass over to him.
Cass moves over to Curren, momentarily he senses a twitch of power, then it slips away. Her face is hard, taut, prepared for battle.
Howard gathers the children and positions them near the old teak wood staircase, a dominant feature of the subterrean resturant that had seen better days.

User avatar
Curren
Magi
Magi
Posts: 515
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:30 pm

Post by Curren » Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:31 pm

Moving himself into a crouching position, he produces his sword hilts from the concealed pockets in his suit sleeves.
'I take it you saw them?' he whispers to her, assuming that was the twitch of power he sensed.

'If we keep quiet enough, maybe they'll go away. But its better to be safe than sorry.' he smiles without humour.

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Post by arcanus » Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:51 pm

Curren wrote:'I take it you saw them?' he whispers to her, assuming that was the twitch of power he sensed.
"Saw what?" she whispers back "I was just bringing up some protection"
A long fearful slience descends upon the refuge, children not even daring to whimper, eyes expectantly upon Curren and Cass to take the boogie men away.
The silence was shattered by a guttural roar of rage and the sounds of loud crashing from below.

User avatar
Curren
Magi
Magi
Posts: 515
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:30 pm

Post by Curren » Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:19 pm

Curren flinches slightly at the noise and quickly continues: 'Two flesh forms and another 'thing' are down there!' he whispered with an air of impatience and worry. 'What did you summon?'.

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Post by arcanus » Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:58 pm

Curren wrote:Curren flinches slightly at the noise and quickly continues: 'Two flesh forms and another 'thing' are down there!' he whispered with an air of impatience and worry. 'What did you summon?'.
Cass fixes Mal with a stern look "You told me that summoning attracts the bugs, so I raised an armour spell!!" she hisses, somewhat peeved.
Further crashing and the splintering of wood invades the room.

User avatar
Curren
Magi
Magi
Posts: 515
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:30 pm

Post by Curren » Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:15 pm

Further crashing and the splintering of wood invades the room.
From where?

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Post by arcanus » Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:28 pm

Arcanus wrote:Further crashing and the splintering of wood invades the room.
Curren wrote:From where?
Arcanus wrote:From the fight below.

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

St. Nowhere

Post by arcanus » Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:29 pm

The Mercy Heights Community Hospital now unkindly called St. Nowhere, originally had the capacity for 8000 patients, a Level 1 Trauma Centre and 3000 staff, now it sat within the centre of the Chicago Containment Zone.
Andre had lived here for the past 12 months, an eventful time, the hospital was 12 stories in total, the lower 3 called the Pits were held by squatters, minor gangs and predators.
The basement levels below had become flooded by a nearby canal breaching during the UCAS bombing, no-one went there voluntarily his older friend 'Elkie' had heard that things came out of the basement and grabbed survivors, never to be seen again 'Bogie Men' thought Andre.
The top floors were held by the 'Trust', the original collection of Doctors, patients and hospital personel who had in the early days had tried to keep it open, administer to the unfortunates of the zone!
That was until the bigger gangs had tried to take St. Nowhere, a street war had erupted with the 'Pheonix Chapter' of the Ancients eventually prevailing, the Ancients however were no better than any other gang and then continued to try and seize the hospital this time without distractions.
The Trust had retreated, initially they'd had help from passing Runners and similar street types, but they were transient and couldn't provide protection for long.
Six months ago The Trust had sealed themselves in from the eighth floor up, ferrocreted all of the doors, access-ways and fire escapes, The Trust had become one of the increasing 'Roofer' communities.
Groups of survivors living upon the rooftops of larger buildings, collecting rain water and trapping/growing their own food, rumours were that some of the crazier ones were trying to hunt and trap bugs.

The Trust had turned the rooftop of the hospital over to gardens, bastardising any framework, mesh, polythene and similar materials to building large greenhouses, they had captured breeding pairs of pigeon and set up captive aviaries.
However their self sufficiency was constantly under threat, The Ancients had attempted to blow their way through the 7th floor seals and to scale the outer walls, other Roofer had attempted to glide onto St. Nowheres roof and they received visits from bug scouting parties.
St. Nowhere's 2,00 Square foot roof and upper floor space was now prime real estate.

Andre had been four years old when he' become sealed in the hospital with his mom and dad, both staff had spent his life in St. Nowhere's creche and kindergarten, he was now five, an old five year old one that had seen his dad killed by the elves.
Bizarrely Andre actually constituted one of The Trusts defenses, an incredibly rare awakened child, Andre had displayed his propensity to magic from the age of two, however his power was very unique, unsurprisingly it was child like calling up imaginary friends that no-one could see but were very protective nether the less.
Even 'Rook' and Doctor Farlow; The Trusts magicians, couldn't understand or see his friends and spells, the one thing they did agree on was that they had an effect.

Andre screwed up his face and stuck out his lips in a duckish manner, as he spied a raggedy man creeping along the roof perimeter, beyond the plexi-glass which he was currently behind.
'Baddie' scolded Andre petulantly and 'Rollo' was in motion, although Andre's direct magic couldn't harm anyone, his latest friend certainly could, a plush tiger of some three meters in length, his tubular orange body and limbs and happy smiley face, sported claws capable of shredding steel.
Andre's friends had all been very protective of him, however when his daddy was killed by the bad elves 'Rollo' had appeared, the toy tiger was much meaner, mean to the bad people.

As the raggedy man found, Rollo passed through the plexi-glass and landed upon the invading roofer, his claws exposing the mans Spleniu's muscles and then his spinal column, before the man had time to fall, Rollo had shattered his leg below his left knee, finally flipping the corpse off the hospitals roof.
'Mr Magoo' Andre's great big blue friend, with flippy floppy arms, a top hat and saggy body stepped in front of his charge, Andre made his way cautiously out of the exit onto the roof itself.
He could see the web of air conditioning exhausts and beyond the grown ups greenhouses, then he heard the whistle of arrows.

Bereft of ammunition, The Trust had started to use more archaic weapons, spears, arrows and swords.
This was the problem with their rooftop existence once supplies such as bullets ran out that was it, however in The Trust's eyes it was a necessary trade.

Several other roof invaders were meeting strong resistance, Andre hurtled in a frantic run to an aircon stack, although no-one would have ever had seen him. Peering around the stack Andre watched as The Trusts defenders released a volley of arrows upon the 4 gliders that had made it to the roof.
One lay at 'Travis's' feet, Travis was one of the chief defenders of the hospital, another of the gliders reached the edge of the roof, however it collapsed away due to the weight of the arrows piercing the thin membrane of its wing.
The glider spun away, taking its pilot plummeting to the street level below.

Travis looked down at the fallen attacker, a look of utter contempt and anger crossed his face
'Always trying to tear down what honest folk have built' he hissed.
'Fuck you, ain't no innocents in this hell!' retorted the invader with fury.
'You don't deserve this, you don't build anything just take what isn't yours!' roared Travis.
'Its kill or be killed!'retorted the invader.
'Yeah it is' murmured Travis as he released his knocked arrow at point blank into the invaders face

Andre's eyes widened and he fled, once again a child, a child who needed his mom and he ran.

User avatar
Curren
Magi
Magi
Posts: 515
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:30 pm

Post by Curren » Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:53 pm

Arcanus wrote:
Further crashing and the splintering of wood invades the room.
Curren wrote:
From where?

Arcanus wrote:
From the fight below.
Is my Clairvoyance still running? If not I'll recast it and I'll pulse a quick view again of what is now happening down there.
'Ok, ok' Curren mutters as he raises his hands vaguely where Cass is crouched, distracted in his concentration.

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Post by arcanus » Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:03 pm

Curren wrote: Is my Clairvoyance still running? If not I'll recast it and I'll pulse a quick view again of what is now happening down there.
Arcanus wrote:It is, make a Intuition+Willpower roll?

User avatar
Curren
Magi
Magi
Posts: 515
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:30 pm

Post by Curren » Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:51 am

8 5 4 4 2 1 1 2 Hits

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Post by arcanus » Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:32 am

A gulp and shiver of trepidation ran through Curren as he steeled himself to go back in.
This time once descended he proceeded at far greater pace, his farsight shooting through the passages until he came upon the battle.
The demonic gorilla smashed its fist into one of the roaches heads, resulting in a bonesplitting crunch, a further pair of roach creatures had joined the fray.
As well as it was doing the creature was clearly wounded, its strength draining away through several large tears and rends in its thick red flesh.

User avatar
Curren
Magi
Magi
Posts: 515
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:30 pm

Post by Curren » Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:06 pm

What readings am I getting off the red gorrilla things aura? Is it corrupted, insane etc? I want to ascertain if it warrants help and won't just turn on me.
Can I have incorporated my astral perception and Clairvoyance in together? Essentially its all sight!

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Post by arcanus » Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:19 pm

Curren wrote:Can I have incorporated my astral perception and Clairvoyance in together? Essentially its all sight!
Arcanus wrote:I don't see why not its a Mana Based Spell so can operate or cooperate on the Astral Plane.
Curren activates his Astral Sight, he see's that the battle also rages upon the Astral Plane, the Gorilla like creature is Dual Natured and bellows at the attacking Roach Spirits (Also Dual Natured).
Its aura is feral, but not contaminated, anger, rage and pain runs through its aura, the Background Count is hostile here, appearing like sharp wisps, something akin to spectral barbwire, although not strong enough to affect an astral form.

User avatar
Curren
Magi
Magi
Posts: 515
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:30 pm

Post by Curren » Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:26 pm

Well, if theres astral activity it won't hurt for maybe a litle bit more from someone else!
'I'm going to help a 'friend' ' Curren says cryptically as he adjusts his position and lies on the wooden floor and closes his eyes.

'Cover me' He opens his eyes and says this as an afterthought to Cass, who is surprised by his actions; and with a sly wink to her he leaves his physical body behind.
How strong are the emanations given off by the battling beings? And from experience, will my essential weapon foci's emanations be stronger? I wouldn't want to attract more heat so to speak.

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Post by arcanus » Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:49 pm

Curren wrote:How strong are the emanations given off by the battling beings? And from experience, will my essential weapon foci's emanations be stronger? I wouldn't want to attract more heat so to speak.
Arcanus wrote:They are nowhere near as potent as the auras of the creature and the bugs.
Curren floated from his body, his Chrome Armour flowing up his form, his swords activating and pulsing with magical power and with that he descended below decks.

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Post by arcanus » Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:10 pm

GM wrote:Make a Sorcery+Logic roll?

User avatar
Curren
Magi
Magi
Posts: 515
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:30 pm

Post by Curren » Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:39 pm

Curren wrote: 5 5 4 4 3 3 2 2 2 2 Two hits
Before I make my astral presence known. I will fire up the Deflect power (FCE 5?) in the room so I can instantly tranfer it to the Gorilla entity when I drop through the floorboards.
Drain 8 7 5 5 etc 4 hits Light Stun?
Last edited by Curren on Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:20 am, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Post by arcanus » Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:26 am

Dropping through the floor, spell weaving around Malthalamus Curren's astral fingers, he winces from the mana backlash of the spell and the violence pouring through the etheric tunnel.
Spying the gorilla creature Curren releases the spell, however the filiments of Background Count impede the formula wearing it down until upon reaching the gorilla its washes over its astral form ineffectively.
'Damn it, casting wasn't strong enough' curses Curren

User avatar
Curren
Magi
Magi
Posts: 515
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:30 pm

Post by Curren » Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:35 am

I swiftly engage both flesh forms, hopefully taking them by surprise with my sudden appearance and distracting them from the Gorilla form. Obviously the insects are attacking simulataneously so shooting forward at ascelerity speed I will strike with both blades at them, one blade at each spirit.
Aimed strike for the head or eye stalks!? for each:
Can you roll me 16 dice for each strike from Truth and Justice for me please mate? I have no dice here! :)

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Post by arcanus » Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:47 am

Curren wrote:
I swiftly engage both flesh forms, hopefully taking them by surprise with my sudden appearance and distracting them from the Gorilla form. Obviously the insects are attacking simulataneously so I will strike with both blades at them, one blade at each spirit.
GM wrote:Truth: 11 10 9 8 7 5 5 5 3 3 2 = 10 Hits
Justice: 21 10 7 5 5 5 5 5 4 4 3 3 3 2 = 12 Hits
Curren's astral form becomes a dervish like blur, blades whistling through the etheric, the first Roach merge loses its head almost absently the act being so fast.
The second in true 'Men In Black' style explodes, as Justice tears its apart.
The third roach seems to implode as the gorilla smashes its fist into its chest, the remainder of its torso crumpling around the wound, while the fourth now suddenly alone receives a face full of spittle from the gorilla creature, spittle that quickly melts it.
The gorilla creature turns, its face contorted in pain, its snorts with annoyance and confusion before bellowing at Curren's astral form.

User avatar
Curren
Magi
Magi
Posts: 515
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:30 pm

Post by Curren » Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:14 am

'Whoah! Steady on Fella!' Curren says nervously as in a flash his blades disappear. Raising his palms in a placatory manner at the intimidating creature he hovers before it. 'Easy there.... Easy....' he utters in a calming manner.
Initiate the Increased Charisma power (hopefully to +4) on myself and then attempt to heal the beast.
'Steady there mate, I'm only trying to help....' the englishman wills himself to calm down too; as his fear could be fatal in this situation.
I will then asense it, but be ready to attack if it turns on me.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest