IC - Bug City The Lost Years

This is the area for all Terrestrial In Character Posts.

Moderators: arcanus, Curren, Drake, Black, Otto

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Post by arcanus » Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:18 am

Curren wrote:Initiate the Increased Charisma power (hopefully to +4) on myself and then attempt to heal the beast.
GM wrote:Is that a Spell if so: Sorcery+Logic?
Plus Charisma (Increased) + Essence (Or Animal Handling if possessed)?

User avatar
Curren
Magi
Magi
Posts: 515
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:30 pm

Post by Curren » Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:25 am

Curren wrote:Sorcery: 8 8 5 5 5 5 4 2 2 1 1 1 = 6 Hits
Drain (2DV): 8 5 5 3 3 2 1 1 1 = 3 Hits (Drain Taken)
Charisma+Essence: 14 9 5 5 5 5 5 5 4 4 3 2 2 1 1 = 9 Hits
Jimmys Diceroller seems to like me today :)

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Post by arcanus » Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:42 am

The creature is extremely wary, however it backs down.
Finally it sits down, which Malthalamus takes as a sign of submission allowing him to cautiously approach.

User avatar
Curren
Magi
Magi
Posts: 515
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:30 pm

Post by Curren » Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:10 pm

Curren wrote:Logic+Sorcery: 7 6 5 5 5 2 2 2 2 2 = 5 Hits
Drain (DV: 7): 21 14 11 5 5 5 4 4 = 11 Hits
Taken

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Post by arcanus » Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:30 pm

The creature grumbled as an alternating warm then cold sensation ran from Curren's hand into its pattern, the charm of Dual Natured Creatures was the ability to heal both of their forms.
Althought Curren didn't heal the entire extent of its injuries he sealed every wound, and reduced the wounds to scar tissue and deep bruising.
The creature snorted and laid a huge hand upon Curren's shoulder as he healed, the magician was ever weary he knew he was dealing with a wild, feral creature here but nether the less he pressed on until he was satisfied that the creature was healthy enough.

User avatar
Curren
Magi
Magi
Posts: 515
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:30 pm

Post by Curren » Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:30 pm

'There, there fella.' He pats the creature awkwardly. 'All better.'
Curren hovers uncertainly in front of it completely at a loss on what he can do to help the gorilla any more.
Magic Theory of 8 5 5 5 3 2 1 1 1 4 hits
Can I work out what this creature really is? Its dual natured I know, but what actually is it?

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Post by arcanus » Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:49 pm

Not being well versed in Parazoology Curren struggles to identify the creature until finally he remembers readng an article on components.
"Your an Embracer" he exclaims, then remembers why the creature gained is name, through its crushing embrace, a derivative of a gorilla as he'd thought.

User avatar
Curren
Magi
Magi
Posts: 515
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:30 pm

Post by Curren » Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:34 pm

'You must have escaped the zoo mate.' Curren assumed as he smiled with a true feeling of sympathy for the creature as he pats its head and gently disengages himself from the Embracers hand.

'Wait right here ok? I'll be right back, I'm just going to talk to some friends.' 'Stay, stay' he gestures to the gorilla with his hands raised emphasising the word.
Does he seem to understand what I'm doing? I'll wait to see if he does before I go back to Cass and the rest.

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Post by arcanus » Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:47 pm

Curren wrote:Does he seem to understand what I'm doing? I'll wait to see if he does before I go back to Cass and the rest.
Arcanus wrote:He looks a little bemused and sniffs the air, but stays where he is!

User avatar
Curren
Magi
Magi
Posts: 515
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:30 pm

Post by Curren » Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:14 pm

'Don't go away now. I'll be right back!' he chuckles as he speaks.

'How am I going to explain this to the people?' he mused to himself with a smile 'Scuse me all, the threat has gone for now but how do you all feel about bunking up with an awakened gorilla?!'

'And more to the point, how are we going to feed it if we can?'

'Well lets find out!' he speaks aloud as he floats back to his physical self upstairs. His jovial nature fades swiftly as his cold logic dictates that there isn't much that can be done to help it in their given desperate situation.

'Well, fuck it. I'm going to help it anyway!' he thinks stubbornly, 'I'll have to adapt and overcome as always.'

Curren feels his astral body knit with his physical flesh, as the hairs rise across his body like a wave. The fatigue, aches and pains of his body all return slowly with all of his other human weaknesses coming with it.

He opens his eyes.

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Post by arcanus » Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:59 pm

Curren was greeted by a room full of anxious and expectant people, Cass being foremost.
An uncomfortable silence settles over the room, until 'Gianno' gets frustrated in his Italian way.
"Wella wat is it?"
Below he hears renewed bumping and rummaging.

User avatar
Curren
Magi
Magi
Posts: 515
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:30 pm

Post by Curren » Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:25 pm

'Everythings fine everybody.' He stands and smiles with a confidence that he hopes is infectious.

Curren quietly explains what has come to pass, and tells them about their helpful visitor downstairs.
Last edited by Curren on Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Post by arcanus » Sat Mar 14, 2009 9:16 pm

The group look at Curren dumbfounded, until Arnold finally responds.

"So let me get this straight" says Arnold "There's a great big red gorilla in the cellar below and you want us to be its friend?"

"Ana it willa eat all our food" interjects Gianeno, a little of a mob mood begins to build within the room.
Cass looks over at Mal with a face displaying a degree of caution!

User avatar
Curren
Magi
Magi
Posts: 515
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:30 pm

Post by Curren » Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:42 pm

'Listen "peeps".' Curren responds with a slight dig at Gianeno.

'I know how it sounds, but to be honest we actually owe that creature a debt of gratitude.' he pulls up and reverses a chair and sits down on it.

'The thing actually helped rid us of a few problems; problems in the shape of three flesh form bug spirits. And I don't have to tell you what would have happened if they had got in here do I?' the englishman emphasised this point as he looked meaningfully at the parents of the children.

'Now feeding it will be quite a feat I know that; but if any of you people would like to help me try and shoo it away, I'm sure there will be fewer mouths to feed after that confrontation!' he adds grimly.

Curren sighs.

'Look at it from a different perspective.' He tries a different tack. 'We would have one hell of a guard 'dog' if we could control it. But if not, we could wait and hope that it moves off on its own accord.' he rubs his eyes wearily; tired of the situation.

'But who's to say where it may try to go? Any ideas are greatly appreciated; the floor is open' he sweeps his right hand out in invitation.
Diplomacy of 11 9 7 7 4 4 3 3 3 1 1 4 Hits

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Post by arcanus » Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:32 am

A murmur rose among the group, the parents looking away from Curren's gaze uncomfortably, indecision had arisen within their revolt.
'But revolt against who?' thought Cass, there was no leader here, only those with the skills to protect those without, but a basic facet of human nature was to eventually take out your frustration and fear upon those who strived to aid and protect.

Cass mentally shook herself, this was not to time to debate philosophy or psychology even privately.
A feral hunger had now pervaded the group "Why don't we eat it!" said one of the mild mannered parents "If its as big as a gorilla, it'll have loads of meat upon it!"
Curren sighed once again and began to counter with the observation of how many of the refugees would die in the process and that he certainly wouldn't help them!

But hunger had consumed them, they were ignoring Curren ready to surge forwards and take matters into their own hands, no matter the cost.
"FOR GOODNESS SAKE" she bellowed, the group froze and turned to look at her "Its an embracer, it usually lives in volcanic areas its blood and muscle is full of sulphur, it'd be the finest meal you've had in a long time!" the group started to turn
"AND YOUR LAST!" she roared

Once again the group deflated and with that they consented to feeding the beast any carrion they found and to leave it well enough alone.

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Eckharte

Post by arcanus » Sun Apr 05, 2009 5:59 pm

Amelia Eckharte looked upon the Chicago neighbourhoods that surrounded the perimeter wall of the CZ, the most immediate blocks had been flattened some two years previously to form the wall and the open space needed for barracks and command posts.
The Humvee rumbled through the streets, as deserted and fearful as any within the zone.
She closed her eyes, dream-thinking upon the events of the past few days, Major General Karl Henderson had lost his lobbying and had been transfered to overall command of the Illinois Military Taskforce Command.
An office position that would contain him from direct action against the Insect Spirits and allow the Presidential elections to run without being overshadowed.
'Fools' did they really think their enemy would stop, would pause to allow such trivial matters as a leader to affect their advance, their conquest.
Before the change of command could prevent things, Eckharte had requested entrance into the zone, Brigidier Armsforde had had so much on his plate, he'd waved the order through.

The Humvee slid through the Quadrant 5 Containment Command, a barracks of 500 men, one of 8 encircling the wall, amongst the hard-sided marquees where communication towers, artillery emplacements, landing pads and command tents.
They drove her directly to the wall, 18 feet of compacted rubble complete with watch towers, the soldiers silently disembarked around the vehicle and the corporal opened her door.

She pulled her backpack on and shouldered her satchel, looking at each of the heavily armoured soldiers none of them could meet her gaze.
She turned and started up the make-shift steps on this side of the wall
"Maam" said the corporal, 'Amy' turned and regarded the soldier
"You sure you wanna go in there" he asked hesitantly
"Yes Corporal, in fact you could say I'm returning home!"
With that Amy turned and trudged up the stairs, the nearest tower watched as she slid down the debris into the zone.

As she did huge forms shifted into the Etheric plane, forms that resembled enormous spiders.

User avatar
Curren
Magi
Magi
Posts: 515
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:30 pm

Post by Curren » Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:22 pm

'Right!' Curren claps his hands. 'Now we've got that sorted, I want an inventory of what food 'an resources we have.' He stood and addressed the assembly. 'I want to know how long we can survive on what we have.'

'I had better get some form of organisation and leadership in place.' he thought doubting they would accept it.
What ever happened to that Samurai and his retainers who were here when Gagglepuss attacked?

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Post by arcanus » Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:39 pm

Curren wrote:What ever happened to that Samurai and his retainers who were here when Gagglepuss attacked?
Arcanus wrote:They went out about 3 weeks previously on a recon mission, into the Warlords territory!

User avatar
Curren
Magi
Magi
Posts: 515
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:30 pm

Post by Curren » Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:54 pm

Arcanus wrote:
They went out about 3 weeks previously on a recon mission, into the Warlords territory!
'Well, they're fucked then!' he thought grimly as he walked over to Cassandra who had moved away from the group and was sitting quietly in a chair deep in thought.

'You ok Cass?' he asked the woman with concern. 'You flew at them pretty hard there, but you were right in doing it.' he smiled.

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Post by arcanus » Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:19 pm

Cassandra Alban took a long breath, before looking up at Curren.
"They're hungry, but getting stupid with it" she replied looking at the refugees, her eyes stung, a combination of fatigue and worry.
Curren was inclined to agree although the Italian chef was doing a sterling job, he could only stretch what they caught in their traps so far, that and they had only so much tinned food.
Plus having been in the cellar for the past month they were beginning to go stir crazy.
Both he and Cass knew that they'd have to go on an expedition sooner rather than later.

User avatar
Curren
Magi
Magi
Posts: 515
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:30 pm

Post by Curren » Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:31 pm

'We don't want a case of cabin fever going down in here.' He said seriously to Cass. 'We're going to need to take a foraging expedition sooner rather than later, and also look at how we're going to get out of this CZ too. The longer we leave it the harder it will be to leave.'

Curren sat down beside her at the table and yawned, he rested his head on his arms; Curren was beyond tired.
Last edited by Curren on Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Post by arcanus » Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:03 pm

Cass watched Curren settle down to sleep, 'Tim Mcadam', a former mall security guard took first watch as stomachs grumbling they settled into their makeshift bunks.
She watched them all slip into a happy place, one untroubled by the terrors that dwelt just above, before closer her eyes.
A million icicles spread across her skin, as if plunged into an ice cold shower, she rose from her body.
Floating past 'Tim', he shivered and looked aprehensively up, she patted him upon his Etheric shoulder and then sped past, into the night.
She rose above the buildings of the surrounding blocks, the CZ was a lethal place for any astral traveller, at ground level there were too many shadows and what lurked within,
above and you were out in the open, exposed.

She took the latter, better to see your demise coming straight at you, already UCAS Military watchers matched her course, far above.
She looked away from the immense churning cloud that floated like some wrathful diety above the CZ, lords knew what that was.
She took a steady speed, looking for anything resembling a convenience store or mall or even the form of some stray animal, anything that might be edible.

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Black Rain

Post by arcanus » Sun May 03, 2009 9:27 pm

"MOVE" bellowed Curren as he sped along the creaking wooden corridor, Tim Macadam stumbled and push himself into a run.
Plasterboard and building timbers exploded inward as 7.62mm rounds tore through the wall, chunks of floorboard blew upwards as the gunners fired from ground level upwards.

Curren skidded to a halt at the corridors end, Tim made it, the mage watched as Bernie Heller picked up his pace, until a round took his left leg off below the knee.
Malthalamus's mouth dropped open, automatically he started back, as Bernie caught another round below his ribs into his kidney, the rounds exit put half his organs on the adjacent wall.
Curren made another step, each foot now as heavy as lead, Tim's hand grabbed his arm, pulling him back, Bernie's face, not the shock but the surprise burned into Curren's memory.

To complete the hellish scene a further two rounds picked Bernie up and flattened him against the wall, a fire door swung open to their right, Jamie's head appeared, autofire pounding into the more resistant ferrocrete of the fire escapes walls.
She spared not a second glance at Bernie's corpse "WILL YOU TWO GET THE FUCK A MOVE ON!!" she bellowed

User avatar
Curren
Magi
Magi
Posts: 515
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:30 pm

Post by Curren » Mon May 04, 2009 11:05 am

Currens own instinct of self preservation kicked in, and he turned and hastily followed Tim through the fire door.

'Wheres Cassie?' he bellowed at Jamie over the tumult as he kicked the door closed with the sole of his right foot. The building was physically shaking with the assault it was receiving. He was caked head to foot in the debris of this dreadful assault.

One moment he had been asleep, and the next Gianeno's Restaurant had erupted in flame; bullets had ripped through the choking stinking cordite smoke as the cries of the families some in fear some in agony rose and echoed horrendously around the room.

A heavy blast had thrown Curren and the table and chair he had been using against the far wall. He reeled and shook with the loud ringing in his ears and the heavy concussion as fragments of wood, metal and burning flesh flew like fire flies past his vision. He struggled to free himself from the remains of the table that had luckily taken the force of most of the explosion away from him.

The ringing in his ears took away most of the awful ululations of the victims; but through the heavy smoke he saw the sillouettes of some of them crawling over their dead in confusion and despair.

It had been at this point that out of the smoke and chaos that the forms of Bernie and Tim had appeared and grabbed him by his shirt collar and pushed him heavily over towards the open door that lead upstairs towards the surface. It had been at that point that the electrical generator in the basement had failed, plunging their vision of the horrors of the charnel house into darkness. The darkness lifted intermitently with the lightning flashes and deafening noise of automatic weapons. Their aggressors were getting closer.

Staggering through the door the men had struggled up the wooden stairs, the smoke and debris wafting up behind them almost like the spirits of the dead were still seeking an escape. It had been at the top of the stairs that Bernie had met his end.


'Well? Where is she?' He roared, half sobbing and half angry with fear as he drew his pistol, cocked it and ran up to Jamie.

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Exodus

Post by arcanus » Mon May 04, 2009 9:03 pm

"CASS!" pleaded and roared Curren
"I DON'T KNOW AND WE HAVEN'T GOT TIME!" blasted Jamie, the hard faced elven girl squared up to the magus, her defiance was characteristic Jamie and punctuated by a cannon round exploding past the pair of them and into the fire exit stairwell.

"She's right, Mal!" soothed Tim, more rounds punctured the wall, narrowly missing Tim's back.
The three of them hurriedly stumbled into the fire exit.

***
A maelstrom of pain and shock over-ran Gianeno's, grenades had traversed the first floor and down into the cellar section of the eatery, heavy combat boots followed.
Half of the families had survived due to being in the deeper corners of the cellar, the other half had been less fortunate.
'Izzy Morran' was one of the lucky ones, her mother and father had unintentionally shielded her from the anti-personel explosions, their final act of kindness.
She cried, big broken sobs that only a child of six who'd survived so much could feel or release, she huddled over the bodies of her parents.
Marie Veluso quietly beckoned to her, trying to reassure her, enough to come to safety at the back of the cellar.
Marie froze as a figure appeared at the top of the once grand wooden stairs, clad in pale almost white hessian fatigues, bandolas of bullets and a viscious looking V emblazoned on his left breast.
The figures face was obscured by an old style gasmask, making him appear all the more terrifying.
She froze, hidden within the shadows she might be safe, a number of other families huddled behind her, however Izzy was out in the open.
The figure brought his gun to bear, Marie silently pleaded 'She's just a child' he sobbed beneath her breath, then he drew back the trigger.

Marie burst from her hiding place, the figure joined by a second sprayed the open space of the cellar, those that had been wounded by the grenades, their suffering ended and lives stolen away.
The first figure made his way down the stairs, his head snapping up as did his smg, drawing a bead upon Marie as she ran for the still form of Izzy.

Anything that could roar over gunfire should be given healthy respect, as a great red simian form vaulted across the cellar space, his landing smashed every bone in the first attackers body, his nine foot long arms snapped round grabbing the seconds smg and flung him hard enough to strike the ceiling some twenty feet above them.
More attackers had arrived, the 'Embracer's torso was peppared with small arms fire, the more zealous raiders were carrying ribar and machettes and descended upon the refugees short lived defender.
Only he wasn't going quietly, as soon as a length of ribar came within grabbing distance he had it, yanking it from its wielders grip and then promptly cleaving his skull in.

"Death to the demon spawn" shouted one of the white clad raiders, the Embracer stove his skull in as well, then impaled his immediate neighbour.
As the fight ensued, the boarded up stairs down into the sub-basement had been opened, a place that only a few short weeks ago had held night terrors and the prospect of death.
Had any of the survivors had time to wonder, they might have asked just who had ripped the timbers free, however now was not the time.

The Embracer snarled, he was badly hurt, bleeding from numerous gunshot wounds and gaping machette wounds, he retreated down the stairs.
The eight surviving attackers sensing the end was here, "AND THE WORLD OF GOD IS TRUE, THE UNCLEAN, THE SPAWN OF THE PIT SHALL BE SMITED" chanted one of their number.
Reaching the floor they stepped among their victims, fanning out, one standing near the still form of 'Izzy', that set the Embracer off, he surged forwards, but the raiders closed ranks.

As if savouring the moment the raiders waited, Marie still stood frozen only a couple of meters behind the Embracer.
The murderous onslaught began with the raiders charging forwards machettes raised, all but one who snapped his pistol up and fired at Marie.

***
Gianeno had regained consciousness from the initial blast that had erupted back up the cellar stairs, he had just ventured into the first floor kitchen, had come out with a tray and been blown off his feet.
His peaceful wakefulness was shattered by a steel toe capped boot slamming into his gutt, his only consolation that it cleared the horrendous ringing in his ears.
The raider, brought his boot back for a ribb breaking kick, however his assault struck something inconceivably harder
"Marhaba al Ma'assalama" (Hello and goodbye) snarled the Black Jackal Headed creature that towered above him, claws tore through the raiders face, his fellows scrambling off their pickup trucks outside, one turning the mounted machinegun.

Several of them tripped and fell, unable to regain their footing, the machine gunner, suffered a backfire that at the very least soiled his shorts, others simply couldn't get into the resturant.
The Italian grimaced in pain, as he was hauled to his feet "Go now" hissed the Egyptian creature, Gianeno ran, bursting through the kitchen door and into the dumb waiter.
Nazir vanished and reappeared in the cellar, events seemed to move in slow motion to him, Marie tried to close her eyes to look away from her end, she blinked only to see three 9mm bullets slow in front of her, hang within the air momentarily and then veer off into the wall.
The first raider received a pharoanic spear through his throat, his fellows were struck by a concussive blast that hurled them into the cellar walls, a phantom sand storm ripped into them, shredding each raiders soul.

The Embracer and Marie both turned, their savour was an arabic man, his skin almost ebon black, his eyes just as lifeless.
The Embracer gently picked up Izzy and her older sister, crooning,
"Peace, my friend" said the arab, "They both live", as the big creature looked into the inhuman eyes of the arab his healing spell spread through first the creatures form then through each of the girls.

"Now go, now" he snarled in warning and urgency "This place is far from safe and others will be drawn by the power!"
Marie ran for the back wall and through the hole, down into the sub-basement and after the survivors, the Embracer carefully carried his charges and followed.

Nazir appeared upon a distant rooftop, his allies powers of concealment settling upon him, their magical fortification of the resturant was weakening.
The raiders pouring ammunition into its front, he knew that their display of spirit magic would draw other predators, even more powerful ones.
"Did we get her?" he asked, turning his head as he did so, one of the City Spirits momentarily drew back the veil, revealing the unconscious form of 'Cassandra Alban'.

User avatar
Curren
Magi
Magi
Posts: 515
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:30 pm

Post by Curren » Tue May 05, 2009 6:54 pm

'I'm going to fuck up them bastards good 'an proper, see if I don't!' Curren vowed terribly as he wiped his eyes and mastered himself.

He had three rounds left in his Predator pistol, and each bullet weighed heavily on his thoughts of revenge. All fatigue, pain and hunger dissipated as the adrenaline of hatred coursed through his body.

'I'm taking a few of those slags out!' he thought as he stopped in his tracks as Tim and Jamie tore on ahead down the stairs. 'At least it'll buy 'em some time, 'an maybe If I get lucky I'll get one of those fuckers to talk.'

He drew out the sword hilt 'Justice' and racked it like a police baton, the blade slid out and snapped into place as he jumped and stuck limpet-like above the fire door and waited as he savoured the thought of the retribution he would unleash. Part of him was brimming with bile and rage, as the other part of him channelled this rage into a focused concentration.
Logic + Sorcery for Gecko Crawl 13 11 7 5 5 4 4 3 2 2 1 1 7 hits
Willpower + Magic for Drain: 17 8 5 4 4 4 3 3 2 1 5 Hits
Drain Taken.

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Post by arcanus » Fri May 08, 2009 7:29 pm

Curren's anger didn't have to wait long, footsteps sounded in the hall, hurried footsteps.
He could feel his hot blood pound in his ears, a white haze flooded across his eyes, 'Justice' and his heavy pistol burned in his hands.
"For they have sown the wind, and they shall reap the whirlwind" he quoted to himself!

User avatar
Curren
Magi
Magi
Posts: 515
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:30 pm

Post by Curren » Fri May 08, 2009 8:10 pm

'Wait... Wait...' he willed himself, knowing that impatience would ruin any advantage he may have.
I'll wait until the first person appears over the door threshold.
Cast Physical Double Image, which I will sustain but at present will not manifest.
Sorcery/Logic 10 5 5 5 4 4 3 2 2 2 1 1 4 Hits
Drain: Willpower/Magic 6 5 5 5 4 4 3 2 2 2 2 1 4 Hits Light Stun
Last edited by Curren on Fri May 08, 2009 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Post by arcanus » Fri May 08, 2009 9:55 pm

A shadow fell across the threshold of the door.
Within his mindseye a second Curren appeared, his eyes narrowed as a foot came through the door, in a predatory way he moved forwards.
GM wrote:Make a Intuition+Willpower roll?

User avatar
Curren
Magi
Magi
Posts: 515
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:30 pm

Post by Curren » Fri May 08, 2009 10:06 pm

Make a Intuition+Willpower roll?
23 5 5 4 2 2 2 2 1 6 hits (bloody hell on the 23!)

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Post by arcanus » Sat May 09, 2009 1:46 pm

The white rage, pounded behind Curren's eyes, almost to the point of driving him to leap upon the trespasser.
Fortunately he stopped his wrathful onslaught, as the foot belonged to a girl of probably 12, who crept through the doorway, tentatively she stepped through, followed by an aged woman 'Molly Turnble' and 'Grandmother'.

For a moment Curren's anger cooled, his heart opening once again, only to be ripped, as the old ladies head exploded in a grotesquely plopping noise as a 7.62 round tore through it.
Molly was propelled forwards, her back ripped up by the detris of his relatives demise.
Additional rounds thudded through the polymer walls, travelling over the young girls slumped form.

User avatar
Curren
Magi
Magi
Posts: 515
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:30 pm

Post by Curren » Sat May 09, 2009 2:11 pm

Curren swallows back bile and vitriol as he shifts his vision to Metavoyance (Clairvoyance) and scans inside the door and the corridor.
Sorcery/Logic 11 9 7 4 4 4 4 3 2 2 2 1 4 Hits
Magic/Willpower 9 5 5 5 3 3 3 2 2 2 1 1 4 Hits Drain taken

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Post by arcanus » Sun May 10, 2009 8:52 pm

Curren's arcane vision expanded and swept through the door, taking in the assailants, three of them proceed up the corridor, assault rifles raised.

User avatar
Curren
Magi
Magi
Posts: 515
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:30 pm

Post by Curren » Mon May 11, 2009 3:11 pm

I will throw up the deflect spell over the child.
Sorcery/Logic 11 5 5 5 5 5 4 4 4 3 2 1 7 Hits
Drain: Willpower/Magic 16 9 8 7 5 5 5 4 4 4 2 2 9 Hits Drain taken.
Last edited by Curren on Tue May 12, 2009 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Curren
Magi
Magi
Posts: 515
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:30 pm

Post by Curren » Mon May 11, 2009 3:13 pm

With my Clairvoyance can I see If any of them have any grenades strapped to their belts?
Perception/Logic of 7 7 7 5 3 3 3 3 2 2 1 4 Hits

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Post by arcanus » Mon May 11, 2009 6:11 pm

Curren wrote:With my Clairvoyance can I see If any of them have any grenades strapped to their belts?
Perception/Logic of 7 7 7 5 3 3 3 3 2 2 1 4 Hits
GM wrote:Yes you can see that the one to the left has a couple of grenades, on his bandoliers!

User avatar
Curren
Magi
Magi
Posts: 515
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:30 pm

Post by Curren » Tue May 12, 2009 3:49 pm

I send my doppleganger (PDI) down the corridor, it will be walking cautiously but swiftly whilst hugging the walls towards the armed men. He will be surprised on contact with them.
Once pseudo-Curren is discovered, he will feign fear and attempt to run away back towards the door, but he will trip over his own feet and fall to the ground. And at that point with their blood thirsty nature they should fire on him and I will attempt use Magic Fingers to pull the pins out of both of the grenades.
The sound of the automatic rifles should suffice in masking the dink dink of the grenade pins hitting the floor! If they don't fire on him I'll do it anyway.
On the explosion, I will cancel the sustaining for PDI and also the Deflect, and drop from my location and rush down the corridor. I will still be using Clairvoyance to see through the smoke and debris.
I will use my edge dice for the Magic Fingers, and will also invest a point of Karma into sustaining the deflect spell around the little girl just in case a few loose rounds/blast fragments come her way again.
Magic Fingers FCE 3 : 7 5 5 4 3 3 3 2 2 2 1 1 3 hits
Drain : 10 5 5 4 4 4 3 3 2 2 1 1 3 hits Drain resisted.
Last edited by Curren on Wed May 13, 2009 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Post by arcanus » Tue May 12, 2009 8:42 pm

The doppleganger turned and began to flee, large calibre rounds tore down the corridor, punching through the separating wall.
Several rounds whistled past the girl, thudding into the polymere material of the nearby wall.

The stacatto of the gunfire is disrupted by the thump of muffled explosions, the popping and tearing of flesh, and impact with the surrounding walls.

Dropping down from his ceiling vantage point Malthalamus Curren prepared to make his charge.
GM wrote:Make an Initiative Roll?

User avatar
Curren
Magi
Magi
Posts: 515
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:30 pm

Post by Curren » Wed May 13, 2009 9:33 am

Initiative roll of 18 3 Phases

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Post by arcanus » Fri May 15, 2009 6:47 pm

Bursting from the door, Curren saw that two of the attackers were down, mangled masses of broken flesh.
His Meta-vision peering through the smoke and floating debris, to reveal a lone assailant still standing.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest