IC - Bug City The Lost Years

This is the area for all Terrestrial In Character Posts.

Moderators: arcanus, Curren, Drake, Black, Otto

User avatar
Curren
Magi
Magi
Posts: 515
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:30 pm

Post by Curren » Fri May 15, 2009 10:39 pm

Does the figure look like its in shock? Is the figure armed etc?
11 11 10 7 7 5 5 5 2 2 1 11 hits! A crit I think.

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Post by arcanus » Sat May 16, 2009 4:54 pm

Curren wrote:
Does the figure look like its in shock? Is the figure armed etc?
11 11 10 7 7 5 5 5 2 2 1 11 hits! A crit I think.
GM wrote:He is armed with an assault rifle, sidearm and knife.
Make a further Initiative and a Agility+Stealth Test?

User avatar
Curren
Magi
Magi
Posts: 515
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:30 pm

Post by Curren » Sat May 16, 2009 6:28 pm

Agility/Stealth 9 9 7 5 5 5 5 5 2 1 8 Hits Crit
Initiative: Reaction 9 and 3 2 1 No hits or 15

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Post by arcanus » Sat May 16, 2009 6:51 pm

Although the doorway in which Malthalamus Curren stood was obscured by thick smoke, heavy thudding gunfire tore through the pyrotechnic curtain.
Curren moved at a tremendous rate, a mixture of rage, adrenaline and magic fuelled his movements.

It was then that he realised that the gunfire hadn't come from the lone figure, who was scanning the corridor, instead it seemed to be coming from nowhere.

User avatar
Curren
Magi
Magi
Posts: 515
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:30 pm

Post by Curren » Sun May 17, 2009 10:01 am

Curren with a large degree of self control freezes on the spot, crouches and levels his pistol at the figure, hoping that the smoke and debris will still conceal him.
Curren wrote:(Extended test to aim the weapon.)

Perception-Magic Theory 13 5 4 4 3 3 3 2 1 1 1 3 Hits
Curren wrote:I astrally perceive the lone gunman. Is it an illusion, or an elemental etc? Was it one of the three original figures that he saw with his Clairvoyance?

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Post by arcanus » Sun May 17, 2009 1:24 pm

Curren wrote:I astrally perceive the lone gunman. Is it an illusion, or an elemental etc? Was it one of the three original figures that he saw with his Clairvoyance?
GM wrote:Make an Astral Perception roll?

User avatar
Curren
Magi
Magi
Posts: 515
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:30 pm

Post by Curren » Sun May 17, 2009 1:53 pm

GM wrote: Make an Astral Perception roll?
14 14 10 10 4 4 4 3 2 2 1 8 Hits

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Post by arcanus » Sun May 17, 2009 6:26 pm

Curren wrote:GM wrote: Make an Astral Perception roll?
14 14 10 10 4 4 4 3 2 2 1 8 Hits
GM wrote:There are no signs or spell presence of an Illusion or the Presence of a spirit!
Curren's metavision switched, a clockface chimed momentarily before his eyes as this consciousness shifted to the astral plane.
The etheric was thick with the smoke and white fiery fragments angrily buzzing around the hazy cloud, the figure fired into the smoke, however it was to high exploding around the doorframe.

Curren's attention however was drawn to another source, from the opposite right side of the corridor a second source of gunfire, which fortunately also flew high.
The only problem that there was no gun or marksman!

User avatar
Curren
Magi
Magi
Posts: 515
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:30 pm

Post by Curren » Sun May 17, 2009 6:58 pm

Can I see any of the fallen figures weapons around the floor?
Perception and Logic 10 10 5 5 3 2 2 2 1 1 1
I will also cast Mass Chaos in the vicinity of both the figure, and the other 'invisible' figure.
Sorcery/Magic of 8 8 7 5 5 5 4 4 4 4 3 2 2 1

User avatar
Curren
Magi
Magi
Posts: 515
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:30 pm

Post by Curren » Sun May 17, 2009 7:56 pm

Ok, Force 6D Mass Chaos /2 +1 drain code = 8 successes over 4
Willpower and Magic plus 4 dice of Magic pool = 17 dice.
11 7 5 5 4 4 4 3 3 3 3 3 2 2 2 2 1 Drain Taken.

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Post by arcanus » Mon May 18, 2009 7:41 pm

The corridor exploded into a nightmarish assault of swirling colours, exploding lights and high pitch whistling.
The figure stumbled, bouncing off the nearest wall, losing his footing and eventually collasping, unable to tell up from down.

Curren's Metavision breaks through the still thick smoke, showing a couple of functioning sidearms and an intact M22.
However his recon is abruptly cut short, as a second burst of phantom firefire tears through the smoke, slamming into his Mystic Armour and
throwing him back into the doorframe.
GM wrote:Roll against 4S (6 successes over 4).

User avatar
Curren
Magi
Magi
Posts: 515
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:30 pm

Post by Curren » Mon May 18, 2009 8:20 pm

9 7 5 4 3 3 1 1 Light wound
Just before getting shot I was just about to use Magic Fingers again.

Acrobatics and Agility to roll with the impact backwards head over heels, rolling back onto my feet but crouched and facing where the shots came from: I'll drop the pistol and Jedi the assault rifle to my hand, and empty the whole magazine of it at where the 'phantom' shots have come from and the confused figure.

Acrobatics 17 9 5 5 5 4 3 3 2 2 1 1
Sorcery 17 15 11 7 5 4 2 2 2 2 2 1 1 1

Drain 17 5 4 3 3 3 3 2 2 1 1 1 Taken

Hopefully I can stave off the pain until after I've done these actions... Willpower 5 5 5 5 5 4 4 3 2
Last edited by Curren on Mon May 18, 2009 9:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Post by arcanus » Mon May 18, 2009 8:57 pm

In a display of acrobatics that Curren could almost be famous for, he vaulted backwards, his hand shooting out and receiving the assault rifle.
A tremor in the force told him that something was up, spinning the gun he flicked the safety catch and fired, 7.62 rounds tearing down the corridor.

A volley of return fire forced Curren to shift his position, the smoke finally cleared and Curren saw another man within the corridor, the pair of them shifting from left to right, exchanging weapons fire. The visible figure had fallen, caught in the exchange, which had now become a deadly dance of death.

User avatar
Curren
Magi
Magi
Posts: 515
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:30 pm

Post by Curren » Mon May 18, 2009 9:11 pm

He drops to the floor on his stomach and opens up again on his assailant with full auto.

Reaction 9 +3D6 either 23

Acrobatics 13 8 5 4 4 2 2 2 2 2 2 1

Firearms 10 5 5 5 4 3 3 2 2 1

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Post by arcanus » Mon May 18, 2009 9:39 pm

The figure drops to one knee, and also fires.
Curren's burst strikes him in the inside leg knocking him down, while his burst catches Curren across the left shoulder.
GM wrote:5S damage

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Somewhere Within the CZ - 2057

Post by arcanus » Tue May 19, 2009 8:48 am

The Sending jolted him awake, grubby hands scrambled around for his cigarettes.
Shaking he tapped the self-igniting end and drew the smoke into his lungs, muttering to himself he stumbled through the network of resin passages, occasionally stopping to admire a trapped form within the curious amber/papier-mâché secretions.

He finally arrived at the end of the tunnel, which opened out into the ceiling cavity of one of the main rooms of the subterranean power station.
His colleagues were there, all gathered around the table, the young wiper snapper, the mother and the warrior, the leader wasn’t back, this suggested something hadn’t gone according to plan.
For any normal metahuman the tunnels exit being some 40 feet above the ground would be a challenge, but ‘Thorax’ merely scurried out on all fours and crawled down the wall.

Immediately his children gave him visibility of the table, an assessment from three dozen different perspectives, his allies might think him a fool but they couldn’t ignore the Hive Mind of Ant.
As he arrived at the table, he noticed the warrior wrinkle his nose at the cigarette smoke,
The obese black woman spoke “Father hasn’t returned, the Mind can’t find him!” she boomed in a deep West African accent.
“I am the father” replied Thorax
The wiper snapper looked exasperated “No your Father Thorax!!”
Thorax merely smiled and took another drag
“So” he replied exhaling
The rest looked at him in something of anger and shock
He mumbled to himself before responding “Look we’re not friends, just allies, listen to your Queens, if he’s dead we move on, that’s “
he descended into mumbling once again
“tough luck, its doesn’t alter the plan!”

The group continued to talk, suggesting different strategies, in order to find the Father, carry on with their Queens goals, Thorax flicked his cigarette butt and lit another, with that he wandered off.

User avatar
Curren
Magi
Magi
Posts: 515
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:30 pm

Post by Curren » Tue May 19, 2009 3:13 pm

GM wrote: 5S damage
Body+Combat pool: 8 5 5 5 5 3 3 3 2 2 2 2 Another light wound
Puts me up to one over moderate.
Last edited by Curren on Wed May 20, 2009 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Curren
Magi
Magi
Posts: 515
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:30 pm

Post by Curren » Tue May 19, 2009 3:21 pm

'Cam on you bastard! DIE!' he growls between gritted teeth as desperation, fear and blood lust come to the fore.

He pulls the trigger again.
Firearms: 8 5 5 2
I take it this gun only does BF not FA?

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Post by arcanus » Wed May 20, 2009 8:56 am

Curren wrote:'Cam on you bastard! DIE!' he growls between gritted teeth as desperation, fear and blood lust come to the fore.
He pulls the trigger again.
Firearms: 8 5 5 2
I take it this gun only does BF not FA?
GM wrote:The weapon is capable of Full Auto!
The hallway became a blizzard of gunfire as the two combatants stepped up their line of fire, Curren's opponent rolled and his burst found it mark at Curren's head. Curren's shot caught him in the guts.
GM wrote:2D+1 Level of Overdamage = 10 successes over TN#3

User avatar
Curren
Magi
Magi
Posts: 515
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:30 pm

Post by Curren » Wed May 20, 2009 1:02 pm

Quote:
He drops to the floor on his stomach and opens up again on his assailant with full auto.

Reaction 9 +3D6 either 23

Acrobatics 13 8 5 4 4 2 2 2 2 2 2 1

Firearms 10 5 5 5 4 3 3 2 2 1
Body: 10 9 5 4 2 : Amazingly only another light wound. Up to Serious wound overall now.
Last edited by Curren on Sun May 24, 2009 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Post by arcanus » Sun May 24, 2009 7:14 pm

The corridor exploded into a maelstrom of ammunition, plaster and ferroboard torn away by the fury unleashed from assault rifles.
Curren's assailant was blown backwards down the corridor, his heavy armour torn and shredded, blood spurting from numerous puncture wounds.

Curren was hit by an equally savage onslaught and once again blown back into the doorframe, the air and hopefully not his lifes breath knocked from his lungs.
GM wrote:Roll against 7D.

User avatar
Curren
Magi
Magi
Posts: 515
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:30 pm

Post by Curren » Sun May 24, 2009 8:36 pm

Curren wrote:How many dice will a point of karma give me for rolling against the damage? 1 for 1 dice?

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Post by arcanus » Sun May 24, 2009 9:37 pm

Curren wrote:How many dice will a point of karma give me for rolling against the damage? 1 for 1 dice?
GM wrote:Burning a point of Karma, gives you an automatic success :twisted:

User avatar
Curren
Magi
Magi
Posts: 515
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:30 pm

Post by Curren » Mon May 25, 2009 7:37 pm

Ok mate, I'll invest 8 karma into the resistance.
Body and Edge. 17 11 10 5 5 4 3 2 2 1 1 Damage taken.

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Post by arcanus » Mon May 25, 2009 8:56 pm

Curren's magical shielding screamed on an etheric level, a cascade of ammunition smashed and crumpled against the armour, until the onslaught over, Malthalamus Curren stood miraculously unscathed.

His assailant was in the process of crawling through the door at the other end of the passage, a trail of blood marking his escape.
Vengence crossed his mind, sharpened his thought processes, the bodies of the families torn apart cut like a knife through his memory.

His cold rage was cut short as the window and wall of the corridor exploded inwards, Curren's eyes widened as a large humanoid wasp tore itself through the masonry.

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

The Chicago Water Tower - 806 North Michigan Avenue

Post by arcanus » Tue May 26, 2009 8:54 pm

The water tower was one of the few places that had survived the Great Fire of 1871, the only Public building to survive and one of the few landmarks to have survived any damage within its time in the CZ. The common rumour before the 'Bug City' tragedy, among awakened circles was that the building was charmed, not magically charmed but maybe something more wonderful.
In the dark times of 2057 the tower had gained a new mission, for some reason the bugs gave it a wide berth, not in the same way as the Shattergraves, they just seemed to ignore it.
Which is why it had become a perfect haven for a motley collection of spirits that had become trapped by the Metaplanar fog that had settled over the CZ.

The collection numbered elementals, nature and city spirits and a few oddities, including a curious arabic looking man.
The collective was uneasy, their defacto leader was a huge ancient spirit, a creature that had only recently escaped containment within the Aztech Pyramid within the core.
Unearthly roars tore through the astral fabric of the tower, shaking the very world itself, the spirits even the most powerful hesitated.

Only the arab moved forwards up the stairs, until he reached the chamber at the top, the roaring was accompanyed by explosions of fire rippling across the astral plane.
The creature within was a free Salamander, an enbodiment of elemental fire, resembling an emmense brass lizard of dinosaur like proportions.
Nazir didn't like to guess at the scale of his power, it was enough to have reshaped the astral boundries of the upper chamber, enlarge it, extend it.

Nazir stepped into the chamber, his own powers struggling to reflect the dancing flames, his eyes squinted trying to avoid the almost solar glare of the intensive orange fire.
The beast spun, seeming to cool his rage, slightly.
He roared at Nazir, who felt the frizz of his hair singe.
"SALMARIN" he bellowed, failing to raise his voice above the fiery whoosh
"SALMARIN" he bellowed again, his protective powers failing to keep all of the damage from his form.

Salmarin seemed to shudder, breaking into panting like some huge hound, shaking the rage from himself.
The arab breathed out slowly, allowing his own fear to drain out, in many ways he was still all to human.
The Elder Salamander slowly shifted down into a form reminescent of some monstrous brass statue, the two spirits looked upon each other neither asking of each other for an explanation.
"It grows worse stated the elder
The arab merely nodded

Nazir had noticed it as well, the spirits were trapped, a fog or heaviness had settled over the CZ in the early days of its formation, numerous spirits had been trapped unable to flee to their home planes. Many had been slaughtered by the Bugs and worse, until 'Salmarin' had destroyed several Hives as an object lesson, however now they faced a graver more inevitable foe.
Toxicity, the pure metahuman misery of the Zone was toxifying the astral landscape and with it the trapped spirits, not even the towers charm was able to keep it out and the spirits within were turning,becoming more and more feral, slowly twisting.

"You can flee, the guardians of this place cannot hope to stop you" Nazir stated, even the great one above would be hard pressed.
"Such would be dishonour, to leave bretheren to a fate worse than final death" Salmarin replied
"Instead you risk becoming a threat more grave than anything within this place forsaken by the gods!" Nazir observed
"The City Father is falling, and with him all of the realms children"
Again the arab nodded, only the greatest of cities had a father or mother, an Avatar, a spirit of huge enormity, should the Chicago Avatar fall then the Windy city would truly become a hellhole.
"No we must find a way, we must get all of the realm children out of here!"
Nazir nodded and left the Elder considerably more calm, now he just had to find Miss Alban's body, despite being everliving he seemed to have such little time!

User avatar
Curren
Magi
Magi
Posts: 515
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:30 pm

Post by Curren » Sat Oct 03, 2009 1:21 pm

Currens mind swiftly switched from flight to flight as the dreadful elemental form burst into the chaos of smoke, blood and dust.

The little girl, was she alive?

Almost Instinctively, his Double image materialised and threw itself into combat with the spirit as he turned from the un-earthly horror, and dashed towards the crumpled form of the child; who lay amongst the bloody ruin of Molly.
curren wrote:Sorcery: 21, 7, 5, 5, 4, 4, 3, Initiative: 21.
Last edited by Curren on Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Post by arcanus » Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:03 pm

Curren wrote:As he turned from the un-earthly horror, and dashed towards the crumpled form of the child; who lay amongst the bloody ruin of Molly.
GM wrote:Make a Quickness roll?

User avatar
Curren
Magi
Magi
Posts: 515
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:30 pm

Post by Curren » Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:59 pm

GM wrote: Make a Quickness roll?
10,5,5,5,3

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Post by arcanus » Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:45 am

The world descended into a carcophany of angry buzzing, of such intensity that Curren's vision swam.
To say for a man of his years; that Curren was spritely or nimble would be an understatement. He normally outsprinted the best of them. And with this latent athletisism, it propelled him along the ruined corridor, stooping he gathered the girl and vaulted forwards.

His escape was aided by the wasp momentarily becoming entangled in the outer walls damaged masonry before tearing itself away and into the corridor.
The hellish amalgamation of man and wasp spirit dominated the corridor behind Curren as he ran.

User avatar
Curren
Magi
Magi
Posts: 515
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:30 pm

Post by Curren » Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:33 pm

There is a stairwell going down (where the others decended), is it a fire escape?
How far up is Curren in the building?

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Post by arcanus » Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:27 pm

Curren wrote:There is a stairwell going down (where the others decended), is it a fire escape?
GM wrote:The others escaped through the fire exit at the end of the corridor, ahead of you.
Curren wrote:How far up is Curren in the building?
GM wrote:Third floor.

User avatar
Curren
Magi
Magi
Posts: 515
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:30 pm

Post by Curren » Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:48 pm

Is there another building the other side of the road or street?! :evil:

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Post by arcanus » Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:55 pm

Curren wrote:Is there another building the other side of the road or street?! :evil:
GM wrote:There is

User avatar
Curren
Magi
Magi
Posts: 515
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:30 pm

Post by Curren » Sun Oct 18, 2009 6:13 pm

How far is it away? And does it have windows on my level?!

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Post by arcanus » Sun Oct 18, 2009 6:35 pm

Curren wrote:How far is it away? And does it have windows on my level?!
GM wrote:It is parallel, with a number of windows on your level, its 50 feet across.

User avatar
Curren
Magi
Magi
Posts: 515
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:30 pm

Post by Curren » Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:01 pm

Will my Great Leap ability suffice for this?

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Post by arcanus » Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:15 pm

Curren wrote:Will my Great Leap ability suffice for this?
GM wrote:Just, it'll require a big leap/good roll!

User avatar
Curren
Magi
Magi
Posts: 515
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:30 pm

Post by Curren » Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:20 pm

I'll invest 4 Karma into it.
Quickness and Acrobatics?

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Post by arcanus » Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:45 pm

Curren wrote:10 9 8 8 7 5 5 5 5 3 3 3 3 2 2
Glass and masonry shattered as Malthalamus Curren exploded into the air, shielding his small charge.
He sailed across the ferrocrete square below, clearing the intervening space of some 50 feet, he collided with the opposing window, magical armour groaning under the strain as the reinforced glass lost the conflict.

Curren rolled across the corridor, again ensuring the little girl was unharmed.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest