IC - Bug City Blues

This is the area for all Terrestrial In Character Posts.

Moderators: arcanus, Curren, Drake, Black, Otto

Post Reply
User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

IC - Bug City Blues

Post by arcanus » Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:56 pm

An In Character Area for Characters still involved with the Chicago Containment Zone.
Last edited by arcanus on Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

October 1st - 2056

Post by arcanus » Fri Dec 28, 2007 8:23 pm

The Gagglepus regarded the Salamander with a sense of dismissive contempt, 'Earthly spirit' sounded within the alien matter of what formed its cerebral makeup.

The salamander in earthly thaumaturgical terms was emmensely powerful, however such things were of little consequence to the Gagglepus.

Composed of what appeared to be razor wire, with the consistency of a ball of wool, randomly shapes would appear in its roughly spherical form that gave the impression of eyes and mouths, its whole form had a fuzzy quality it it, as if reality were unhappy.

The Gagglepus was bemused, a sensation it were unsure of, the little creature had gifted it karmic power for no apparent reason, he had a strange quality to him, slightly 'tinny'.

The other slightly taller creature, with the annoying thunderous collection of ticking things on its arm, there was a curious smell to his aura, one that indicated that he prefered to spend his time within the mirror world, again strange for 'Flesh and Blood'.

Dismissing the Salamander as irrelevant the Gagglepus's form streched reforming into a spear like formation, it then rocketed up through the etheric medium of the pyramid, the Chicago Aztechnology pyramids entire ward momentarily disrupted with its passing.

Soaring into the sky, the Gagglepus then homed in on its target.

It breached the Hive, seeming to expand, filiments of spiritual wire reached out claiming Flesh and True Forms without pause, devouring them hungrily, ravenously.
The ward around the royal chamber made from redundant or damaged True Form forces, presented little resistance, the fact was not that the Gagglepus's power was greater but different.

Its form expanding like a flower, enveloping the barrier, cutting, penetrating it until its form couldn't remain.

The Queen screamed as the spirit wire of the Gagglepus streamed through the fractures.

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Sometime in the CZ

Post by arcanus » Tue Jan 01, 2008 10:03 pm

Tyrone Beggs better known as 'No Entry', ducked around the ferrocrete post to avoid the latest hail of gunfire.

Two floors below him upon the 4th floor, 'U-Turn' and 'Soloman' returned fire on the intruders, the Blue Boys were paying them back for repelling their initial assault some three days previously.

Their leader the Troll known as 'Jim Granite' had forbade them to enter the Chi-Town Aztech Pyramid, instead his instructions had been to look after and lead the remainder of the 'Signs' Gang.

However their encampment across the plaza from the Pyramid had soon drawn predatory attention, most had refused to deal with the mixed human/goblin gang but the Blue Boys were ex cops and sec boys, armed to the teeth and by all accounts racist to the core.

High calibre munitions ripped into the walls, the 'Signs' were now pinned, their ammo low, their numbers wounded and now without the magical healing of their leaders.

A different calibre weapon whined, and the assault rifles momentarily abated, then resumed but having acquired a different target.
The while pitched up again, shouts of anguish and rage broke out through the lower floors, broken by 'Soloman's roar.

'No Entry' ducked his head around his protection, and then made his way in his best military fashion down the stairs, discharging his shotgun at point blank he dispatched the first Blue Boy he encountered.

Another snapped in a bodily sense as a bloodied Soloman burst from an adjacent room, looking at the human bodies upon the stained floor 'No Entry' wondered how the tide of battle had turned.

Then he saw the mechanoid.

"Bane" he breathed, a slightly frustrated hiss.

"No" replied the blank oval gun metal face
"HAL"

User avatar
Curren
Magi
Magi
Posts: 515
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:30 pm

Curren's Dilemma

Post by Curren » Tue Jan 01, 2008 10:21 pm

Can anyone hear me? Over.
Hello?..... Damn it, ok here goes.
This is Malthalamus Curren calling from Century tower in the docklands district, I have been relocating every day and so far haven't met with any opposition be it bug or humanoid for over a week now. I'm desperately low on food now and I also bingo on ammo too.
Things couldn't get much worse. I managed to find this short wave radio with a bit of juice left in it, but I don't think it will last very long now.

The city has become pretty quiet now, quiet as the grave. Although a the occasional gunshot still rings out to tell me that I'm not alone. The stench of the dead hangs heavy here too, I think its only a matter of time before disease spreads to finish us off.

I'm going to have to risk a shopping mall soon. I must be facking hungry to risk that, heh heh.

I will attempt to radio out as often as I can to give anyone who actually gives a shit the lowdown on whats happening here.

Can anyone hear me? Hello?
&"^^&££*£("&!^"* MESSAGE TERMINTED AT SOURCE

Arcanus Wrote:
"Soldier I'm not in the habit of repeating myself, all transmissions are to be jammed at ground level" stated the Watch Leutenant.

"Yes sir, it was an old band frequency, pre-digital" replied the Comms Tech

"Then ensure that all frequencies are jammed, I don't want to here another 'Robert Neville' impression"

"Who Sir"

"Never mind" replied the Leutenant
'Ah Fack It!' Curren tossed the short wave radio away in frustration and started to pace nervously around the control room of the Century Tower. Pausing, he looked out of the large window which commanded a huge view of the city.

'The Big Smoke' Chicago was even more deserving of its nickname than ever now, what with the fires that had started due to downed power lines and the chaos of the past few weeks. The city had laid under a pall of choking black smoke which was only now starting to dissipate. The city now reminded him of the fabled elephants graveyard, where the bones of the great creatures were laid in almost symmetry. But here compared to the ivory bones were the charred wood and concrete bones of a city in its final death throes.

Due to the fire Curren had been forced out of the fish market warehouse on the dockside which he had been using for a hideout. The spirit who had assisted him in returning to his body had been timely, because if his unconscious form had been exposed to the smoke any longer he would have died. The irony of his predicament was not lost, he had been done up like a kipper and smoked like one also. Luckily, almost overcome by the smoke he managed to access the tower and was left to pray that the fire wouldn't spread there. Fortunately it hadn't, but as a result the smoke had hemmed him in the tower for a week.

Now hunger and thirst were forcing him to leave this sanctuary, the water mains didn't work here and the small supply of water he managed to find had now dried up. His food supply was almost non-existant now too, and living off the contents of bins and stinking refrigerators had been no picnic either.

He hadn't been joking on the radio, the prospect of visiting a shopping mall was now definitely on the cards. And the danger that it would cause could be terminal.

Curren found a pair of binoculars on one ot the control panels that once regulated the marina traffic in better times, and peered through them.
'Harrods or Safeway?' He giggled hysterically. He checked himself at this outburst and rubbed a dirty hand through his greasy hair.
'Insanity won't help a jot mate, wind it in' he said to himself as he regained his composure.

'There’s a mall over there, southwest of what used to be Christchurch Brooklyn. Now if I'm correct' he placed the binoculars down and walked over to a large map of Chicago that was on the large central table of the control room. 'Its about 3 miles from here.' tapping the location thoughtfully.

'This talking to myself is a good thing, I don't want to find a football and call it Wilson as thats just barmy!' he quashed another giggling fit before it could start.

He went back to the panoramic view of death and destruction and took up the binoculars again and stood like a statue.

'Is there anybody out there?' he whispered.
Last edited by Curren on Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:40 pm, edited 3 times in total.

User avatar
Curren
Magi
Magi
Posts: 515
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:30 pm

Now for it!

Post by Curren » Wed Jan 02, 2008 2:20 pm

Curren grabbed his rucksack which he had found in one of the offices, and stuffed the binoculars and the short wave radio into it.
He threw it over his shoulder and lifted his greatcoat which he had also aquired and checked his sidearm, an Ares Predator Mark I with only two rounds left in it.

Using magic in Chicago was a dangerous venture now as it acted almost like a beacon for the bugs to home in on, he had been forced to un-anchor his mist form ability to prevent him from using it inadvertently under duress.

At least his swords were reliable belted in their scabbards, they cast a dull sheen from the last rays of the sun that had managed to peek through the fading smoke of the City. It was getting dark now, and according to his watches it was five o'clock in the afternoon. definitely time to get moving.
Hopefully he would get lucky and find some food and water soon.

'Ok, I'll try a small shop first. And then we'll look at the supermarket. You never know I might hit the jackpot!' he muttered as he started walking down the stairs. He had been very surprised to find no corpses or signs of life in the Tower and he hoped that they had all escaped from a sticky end.

But the smell of smoke, decay and death had pervaded up the stairwell from the outside and Curren steeled himself for more horrors to come.

'Hopefully the darkness will help cover my tracks' he said aloud as he reached the foyer and stood facing the exit.

'Now for It!' He exclaimed as he drew his pistol and opened the door....
Last edited by Curren on Wed Jan 02, 2008 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Intervention or Armageddon

Post by arcanus » Wed Jan 02, 2008 2:45 pm

Major General Carl Henderson took in the various trid displays showing tactical views of the CZ as a whole and then isolating the area of 71st Street near I90, just south of Catherine's territory.

At its utmost altitude of 5000 meters the UCASS Avian, stood poised to directly act against the latest growing threat below.

A hybrid the Avian combined elements of a lighter-than-air craft with those of an airplane. Holding 30 million cubic feet of helium, which negated about 60 percent of its weight. When the Avian achieved cruising speed, its aerodynamic shape, as well as canards (forward fins) and empennages (aft, or rear fins), provide the remaining lift. At 100 meters high, 150 meters wide and 400 meters long, the Avian was as long as 4 football fields. Its capacity was up to 800 tons of cargo over a range of 10'000 miles. Its top speed of 300 mph, it could cross the UCAS in about 9 hours. The Avian was vertically propelled by ten vectorthrust engines and Dynamic Buoyancy Management, and giant aft propellers for forward propulsion.
It carried enough ordnance to rival a small naval frigate, as well was two LAVs, 4 Attack choppers and hundreds of drones.

Henderson looked at the expanding mass of activity, since his replacing Brigadier General Thomas Reed, he had staged 3 major assaults into the CZ largely to destabilise and reduce the logistics of the Zones Warlords.

Now the other threat had once again raised its Chitinous head, the first time in 12 months for this scale of activity.

"Flesh Form numbers now exceeding 50+ and growing sir" reported the Leutenant in charge of sensors.
The CZs Knight Errant Co 'Colonel James Fulton' was already mentally communicating with Detroit via his cyber-comm unit.

"Drop the Z-net" ordered Henderson "Open fire!"

The Battle Group Riggers lowered the several hundred combat and ariel artillery battle drones that formed the killing net preventing air travel to and from the Zone, to low altitude.
The larger drones imediately unleashed a barriage of hardened gel rounds loaded with insecticides, Ares Firelance Lasers and conventional munitions to destroy the Flesh forms.

"Sir the barriage is not reducing the swarm fast enough"

Henderson paused, another hard decision, well it was that or a breakout.
"Hit them with the HITS (high-impulse thermobaric weapons) and request that Thunder Runner follow up with lightning strikes"

Six guided bombs launched from the Avian's payload, three striking 71st, the block shuddering under the Fuel-air detonation.

"Sir, the shaman report that Thunder Runner is encountering resistance from the City Father"

"For fuck sake, I wish that thing would decide which side it's on" retorted Henderson

"Detonation has destroyed all identified flesh forms, astral scouts have indicated that spirit forms are either disrupted or retreating, sir 3 of the HITS have detonated in other areas, structural and civilian losses will be substantial"

Henderson exchanged a knowing look with Fulton and then silently walked towards his Ready Room.
Last edited by arcanus on Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

2nd October - 2056

Post by arcanus » Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:53 am

"So where's Granite" growled the 300lb mass of troll called Soloman, Winter looked unimpressed and it occured to U-Turn that the samurai could probably kill all of the goblins in the room.

Winters red cybereyes glowed, seeming to lock upon the troll.
"I got seperated from the group on the 23rd Floor, the shit was really hitting the fan, machineguns, drones, aztech soldiers, monsters with no skin"
Winters hard, gaunt face tightened.

"Leave im Sol, Winters on our side"

"Yeah sorry" replied the troll, moving away from the now silent Winter.
Those horns had always put the shits up U-Turn.

User avatar
Curren
Magi
Magi
Posts: 515
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:30 pm

Goodbye Yellow Brick Road..

Post by Curren » Thu Jan 03, 2008 1:48 am

The staccato thump of his dashing feet over the wooden boards of the old jetties played on his nerves. The rising paranoia and fear that the noise would carry to unfriendly ears was getting to him in a big way, but the thought of slowly inching his way in silence held its own terrors too.

His catch 22 situation was made decidedly worse by the sound of the pontoons squeaking and moaning with the movement of the upcoming tide, or was that in fact a flesh form attracted to the scent of his fear and coming for him?

'Keep going, don't look back' he gasped to himself quietly, repeatedly, almost in a litany which kept in time with his beating heart and feet as the shadows of dusk seemed to rise up and grab him. Starved and thirsty he couldn't keep this pace up for much longer, he had to find somewhere to hide, to keep the shadows at bay.

Tasting blood in his mouth, he wiped his hand across his face and realised that his nose had started bleeding again.

Curren panted his Litany 'Keep going, don't look back. Keep going don't look back'

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Blood Hunt

Post by arcanus » Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:20 am

The smell although faint was still potent, and drew them, eager, hungry.

They cut through the skies of astral CZ lords of their domain, long spirit forms both angled downwards head for the shores of the lake.

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

October 1st - 2056

Post by arcanus » Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:25 am

"JESUS H CHRIST" roared U-Turn as the east wall of the apartment block, shook itself loose.

The sky was truly falling, the UCAS Military were bombing the CZ, it had started with a distant barriage which was then followed by a series of huge explosions, this was then in turn followed by several other explosions one of which was only a few blocks away.

"Maybe they decided this is it, just pound the zone into rubble" shouted Soloman "Fuckin pinkies"

Then silence descended over the Zone.

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Dragons Flight

Post by arcanus » Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:51 am

'PRIORITY ALPHA-BRAVO 4' "Relief Watch Commander to Comms"
Bleary eyed, Captain Ken Rosho of UCAS Military Intel Operations rolled off his bunk, smoothing his crumpled uniform and headed through the door.

There had been four incidents alone tonight, so much so that the on-shift Watch Commander must be once again tied up.

Arriving in the Comms Bunker, situated in no-mans land 3 blocks out from the West wall, Rosho saw the sun break over the ruined buildings of the CZ.

Earlier that night some form of powerful fire spirit had rocketed into the CZs astral space, the guard spirits had stood by and let it.

"Sit-rep" yawned Rosho
"Internal bogey, lifting from the South Downtown Core" replied the Comms.
"Where" replied the captain
"Shit" replied the Comms "Its vanished"
"Full scan, whatever it is find it"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was good to be in the cockpit again, he'd always really been a ground pounder but helicopters were something else.
The polymorphic cloak slid over the attack copter 'When the Dragon builds something he does it well' he thought, but then he'd always had an affinity for the germanic drake.

Hovering out of the garage, and into a clear space the now extended rotor blades kicked up 18 months of garbage.

Reminded him of the 'Euro Wars'
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Sir, Avian is confirming that 'Mercy One' is inbound.
"Cancel it" ordered Rosho
A moments pause as Comms sped through the matrix
"AF says the flight plan is locked and that this isn't priority one"
"Something is threatening their airspace and it isn't priority one" replied Rosho.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The wing of a dozen transports appeared as neat blips on the trid relayed radar.
Swinging the copter up, he gained altitude and hovered until the cargo planes appeared in a wave fanning out over the CZ.

As they droned over head spewing the relief packages from their holds, he hair-pinned the 'Drake' through the umbrella of drones, aligning himself with the wing he then followed them unseen out and over the CZ wall.

'Don't know what all the fuss was about' he thought, turning the Drake west.

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

October 3rd - 2056

Post by arcanus » Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:24 pm

"Why, Klauss, why?" asked No-Entry with no small degree of exasperation.
The ork leader of the Signs Gang looked enquiringly at the rotund german dwarf buried in a heap of cheap electrical parts and three off the shelf decks all wired together.

"You had the chance to get out, all you had to do is go with the others"
"I did not trust the american military"
"Jees" rasped No-Entry who was lost for words "So you jury-rigged the mechanoid".
"Ya and loaded Hal into its central core, much improved"

No-Entry turned and looked at the 7 foot tall mechanoid and was inclined to agree.
Last edited by arcanus on Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Curren
Magi
Magi
Posts: 515
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:30 pm

Getting a grip

Post by Curren » Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:07 pm

He literally skidded to a halt inside one of the warehouses five hundred metres away from the jetties and threw himself into a corner where some supply crates had been left on pallets. This warehouse seemed to have escaped the worst of the fire and still had a roof.

Sucking in the tepid air with deep breaths he forced himself to calm down, the pistol was shaking in his hands and he realised that he couldn't let his own morbid imagination destroy him. There were plenty of nasty things out there which could do that without him being sucked into the equation.

After a few minutes, he felt stable enough to check his surroundings.
Search the supply crates with a 5.5.4.4.2

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Re: Getting a grip

Post by arcanus » Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:57 pm

Curren wrote:he couldn't let his own morbid imagination destroy him. Search the supply crates with a 5.5.4.4.2
Perhaps morbid imagination is sometthing of an early warning system, wrenching the lids off the crates Curren takes his fill of dried rations, vitamins and some boosters.
A tremor in the force draws his attention to otherworldly affairs, quickly peeking into the Etheric. Curren see's two large 9 foot long wasps hovering in a search pattern above the warehouse complex.

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Orchestral Manuoevers In the Sky.

Post by arcanus » Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:42 pm

Major General Carl Henderson looked back over the sepia prints showning his families military history back to The Battle of Shiloh in 1862.

Turning he looked at his stateroom, Captain Denan of the UCAS Thaumatic Corps sat opposite his guests, Clive Pabar and Amy Eckharte.
"So Mr Pabar, we've allowed your little extraction, your turn to deliver the goods"

"General, I'm well aware that you allow corporate extractions routinely from the Zone, as long as its the right corporation"
"The point being that the Atlantean Foundation wasn't the right corporation" Henderson stared the suit down, until his point was well made.

It was Amy Eckharte who replied, a striking woman of obvious celtic heritage, thick curled red hair and green eyes.
"The Invae have been gathering their strength, since the bomb, it is time for them to swarm" replied the woman
"Swarm, what exactly does that mean?" interjected Denan

"Exactly as it sounds captain, they will burst from their hives and harvest as many hosts as they can find, even now their fleshforms are spreading through the sewers"

"And how exactly do you know all this Miss Eckharte" asked Henderson
"Because Spider told me general" replied the shaman.

User avatar
Curren
Magi
Magi
Posts: 515
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:30 pm

Where's the wasp spray?

Post by Curren » Sat Jan 05, 2008 8:51 pm

'Bugger' Otto mouths silently. Looking around for a place to hide he acts quickly and steps into one of the supply crates and reaches over the side to get the lid on.

Darkness envelops him as the lid slides into place.

'I think this is a good time to pray as any mate' he thinks to as he makes himself as small and quiet as possible.

Stealth of 5,5,4,4,2

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Re: Where's the wasp spray?

Post by arcanus » Sun Jan 06, 2008 8:24 am

Curren wrote:Stealth of 5,5,4,4,2
Moving into the shadows, Curren tries to regain control of his breathing.
Silence descends as he searches for the distinctive drone of the wasps wings.
The wrench of metal sounds like the end of the world, the True Forms tear into the warehouse, their multi-faceted eyes searching for their prey.

User avatar
Curren
Magi
Magi
Posts: 515
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:30 pm

I'm Livin' in a box, I'm livin' in a wooden box.........

Post by Curren » Sun Jan 06, 2008 6:43 pm

'Sit tight, sit tight.' Curren urges himself, almost trying to will them away. He can almost picture them tearing the container to shreds and then tearing him to pieces.

He gets to memory his Physical Double image spell and also sends a subtle pulse to his elemental. If the worse comes to the worst they'll be ready.

'Sit tight....Sit tight......'

Willpower of 9,6,4,3,3.

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Post by arcanus » Sun Jan 06, 2008 9:15 pm

Eerily one of the wasps glides into the vacant space of the warehouse.
It spins looking for the source of spirit magic as a gelatinous form slithers along the floor.

Then it turns and looks toward the hiding place of Malthalamas Curren.

User avatar
Curren
Magi
Magi
Posts: 515
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:30 pm

Ooze the boss?

Post by Curren » Sun Jan 06, 2008 9:28 pm

'Fuck, that bloomin spirit' he thinks. He instructs the spirit to drop into the flooring, come to the crate and to quickly engulf him and drop back into the earth.

He prepares to cast Physical Double image on another crate, to give the spirits a decoy.


Charisma 7,3,3,
Sorcery 11, 5,4,3

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Post by arcanus » Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:03 pm

The wasp surges forwards, crates exploding as it passes. It twists as Curren appears in the center of the warehouse, horrifically the illusionary form is torn to etheric shreds as both wasp spirits launch into it.
Slime creeps and oozes from corners and cracks, spreading over Curren's hidden form, there is a disconcerting shift as his physical form is drawn down into the ground below.

Cardinal
New Blood
New Blood
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:48 am
Location: You'll never find me!

Re: Where's the wasp spray?

Post by Cardinal » Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:10 am

Curren wrote:'Bugger' Otto mouths silently. Looking around for a place to hide he acts quickly and steps into one of the supply crates and reaches over the side to get the lid on.

Darkness envelops him as the lid slides into place.

'I think this is a good time to pray as any mate' he thinks to as he makes himself as small and quiet as possible.

Stealth of 5,5,4,4,2
OOC - A Freudian slip in that first line Curren?

User avatar
Curren
Magi
Magi
Posts: 515
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:30 pm

Freud

Post by Curren » Mon Jan 07, 2008 12:06 pm

OOC - It probably just slipped out due to the pressure he's under!

User avatar
Curren
Magi
Magi
Posts: 515
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:30 pm

Run rabbit run.....

Post by Curren » Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:38 pm

He fought down the initial claustraphobic attack that always came when his earth elemental took him into its domain. Now here he was, shivering like a bunny with the ferrets on its tail, in the dark earthy world which only the dead should inhabit.

His elemental pulsed like a large bubble as it sucked in the oxygen which maintained Currens life. It shuddered almost painfully to do this and then it started to move almost worm-like through the earth.

'Good boy' Curren said to him. 'Take me somewhere safe'

The elemental shuddered its compliance and moved quicker through the ground.

'He needs a name, as he's helped me out of many scrapes. It would be very rude of me not to.' Curren thought.

'I shall call you Derleth, after an author I once knew'

Derleth pulsed in what seemed to be acknowledgment and maybe even pleasure.

'Lets be off then Derleth. find me a cave or something and I'll start to teach you how to talk. How does that sound?'

Derleth picked up his speed, almost like a torpedo through the underworld.

'Now what is this business about D'z Raaak?, Its not getting away from me!' he muses.

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Post by arcanus » Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:35 pm

The sound that accompanied Curren's emergence was akin to a rake being drawn across gravel.
A long exhalation of air follows from the brits lungs as he calms himself.

With an exasperated start Curren turns watching a battered old delivery van hurtle around the corner of which ever block he had arrived in.

A huge fleshform wasp writhes around on the top of the van, desperate to get the extemely paniced man within.

User avatar
Curren
Magi
Magi
Posts: 515
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:30 pm

Wasps Love Ice Cream Vans.....

Post by Curren » Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:26 pm

Almost like a lens sliding down over his eyes, Curren peers into the astral plane.
'Could be a trap' he thinks.
Perception of 7,5,5,4,4
Are there any more spirits present? Is the driver more than he seems? Flesh forms are dual natured?

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Post by arcanus » Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:30 pm

Nothing directly awaits Malthalamus Curren within the other world however, he does pick up a swirl of etheric movement further down the street as if a scuffle is occuring within one of the doorways.

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Post by arcanus » Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:43 pm

"Sir, Senator Jeffreys is on secure comm #4"
"Thank you Major" replied Henderson "Senator Jeffreys I've been expecting your call"
"I'm sure you have General, especially after my speaking to the SDC" replied the politician
"Nope" replied Henderson derisively "It was following the news being on NBS"

Henderson moved around his ready room abscently looking for nothing in particular
"General you have to stop these bombardments of the CZ, innocent Illinois citizens are dying, you are turning a tragic situation into a humanitarian catastrophy"

"Senator with all due respect, look after your constituents and I'll do the dirty work in Chicago"
"Don't blow me off Henderson, this isn't the wild west, the Red Cross are estimating casualties in the hundreds!"

'I'm bored of this now' thought Henderson

"Senator do you have the first idea of what's happening in the CZ, well do you, if we hadn't have taken out 71st then me might have lost the rest of the city, where do we draw the line, Detroit, Gary, how many more population centers would you like to loose Senator" Hendersons voice had risen then fallen to a cold whisper
"As for the Red Cross, apparently they don't know jack shit"

With that Henderson cut the comm link.

"Sir, General Yates on Secure Comm #7"
"Thank you Major" replied Henderson 'For fucks sake' he thought.
Last edited by arcanus on Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Curren
Magi
Magi
Posts: 515
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:30 pm

Charge!

Post by Curren » Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:52 pm

Suddenly with a burst of nervous energy Curren dashes towards the moving vehicle with Derleth still around him, an astral whine fills his ears as he activates his personal armour spell.

With the delivery van hurtling towards him the adept at the last moment leaps onto the bonnet as Derleth disconnects from him and hurls itself into the flesh form beast.
Conjuring of 4,4,3,2 with orders to entangle and crush.
Give me a damage code to resist for the initial impact for Currens jump on the vehicle
Last edited by Curren on Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Re: Charge!

Post by arcanus » Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:57 pm

3D Physical

User avatar
Curren
Magi
Magi
Posts: 515
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:30 pm

Preparing for ouchies!

Post by Curren » Wed Jan 09, 2008 1:03 pm

May I use combat pool?

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Re: Preparing for ouchies!

Post by arcanus » Wed Jan 09, 2008 2:10 pm

Curren wrote:
May I use combat pool?
You may indeed

User avatar
Curren
Magi
Magi
Posts: 515
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:30 pm

Billy Smart I'm not....

Post by Curren » Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:01 pm

The jarring force of the car bonnet put all thoughts of fear out of his mind, he was alive, free and fucking angry. Derleth had knocked the flesh form off the top of the van and was battling ardently with it in the road to keep it ensnared in its primordial ooze.

'Stop the car!' Curren roared as he held on to the rim of the windscreen.

Not waiting for a response from the driver he hoisted himself up and ran over the roof of the vehicle and forward somersaulted off the back. He landed badly and a hiss of pain escaped him. 'Ankle' he thought as he limped as quickly as his nervous haste would allow towards the struggling forces of magic.

'We need to get off the street very soon or we're dead' he thought as jolts of pain shot up his leg as he pounded the tarmac.
Last edited by Curren on Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Post by arcanus » Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:45 pm

Through the pain racing up his leg, Curren took in the battle.

Derleth was faring badly, the fleshform was spiritually more powerful and eventually swatted the elemental aside.

TheBish
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:01 pm

Netlink broadcast

Post by TheBish » Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:28 pm


## Netlink initiated.
## Netlink established.
## Patching hardmic.
## Speak2Net active.
## Encryption active
## Channel active. . . .
## Broadcasting
## (Polling)

+..llocks! I don't fackin care if that's what everyone's doing. It's no better than fackin smagic. Keep your fackin wires and codecs smodecs.
=PC private audio response
Listen PocketCarnun, I don't need your fackin upgrades, or bollocks and any more nonsense. I switched you on for a conversation, nothing more nothing less.
=PC private audio response
Fackin netchat indeed! Why can't you do something useful like find Swilf or Curren? All that electronic crap and you waste it on a fackin over engineered walkie talkie.
=PC transcript comment: "Bloody whinger, quit yer nagging and join the 21st century you luddite!"
=PC private audio response
What do you mean I can talk to them? I'm not on your bullshit net. I'm just chatting to you, and I must say I consider this chat somewhat lacking. How's about you get a plan or something useful.
=PC private audio response
Cheeky sod. Anymore of that and you'll spend the rest of your life in a digital watch.

User avatar
Curren
Magi
Magi
Posts: 515
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:30 pm

Erm, hello Mr Bug..........

Post by Curren » Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:56 pm

'C'mon then!' Curren bellows at the beast as he gestures at himself with his two swords. 'Give it yer best shot!' he taunts as he tries his best to stride up the street to confront it.

'Tiiime, isn't on my side. No it ain't, No Tiiime, isn't on my side. No it aint' he sings under his breath as he sways from side to side calming himself for the clash. His movements would have been more fluid if it wasn't for his ruined ankle, he'd have to compensate for it.
Cast Physical Double Image with a 7,4,4,3. It will appear in my exact spot, so when he breaks right or left the doppleganger will break the other way. Drain was taken using 4 of his magic pool
If Derleths is ok, pulse him with orders to distract it on my command
Last edited by Curren on Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Post by arcanus » Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:49 pm

Its claw slams into the floor missing both the Double Image and Curren.
It hisses with fury, however this is interrupted as the fender of a car slams into its head, hurled by Derleth.

User avatar
Nazir
New Blood
New Blood
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:34 am
Location: CCZ

The Nature of Things

Post by Nazir » Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:13 am

Are Flesh forms dual natured?

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Re: The Nature of Things

Post by arcanus » Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:01 pm

Nazir wrote:
Are Flesh forms dual natured?
Yes they are.

User avatar
Curren
Magi
Magi
Posts: 515
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:30 pm

Battling the evil claw

Post by Curren » Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:04 pm

Acting on instinct, real Curren rolls in with both swords crossed scissor-like and attempts to shear into the flesh-form that had failed to hit him.

Pseudo Curren jumps bodily at the creature with his swords drawn, hopefully distracting the creature even more.

Pulse to Derleth to continue its tactics but to avoid physical contact with the beast.
Acrobatics 9,5,5,5,3,2
Sorcery 4,4,4,3 for sustaining the double image.
Conjuring 14,5,3,3 for directing Derleth
Swords 7,4,4,4,3 and 5,5,5,4,3
Last edited by Curren on Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest