IC - Bug City Blues

This is the area for all Terrestrial In Character Posts.

Moderators: arcanus, Curren, Drake, Black, Otto

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Post by arcanus » Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:02 pm

2nd Timothy Missionary Baptist Church was an old church its construction dating back to the great Chicago Fire of 1871.

Now just of Jefferson Avenue, its sat silent and brooding its congregation long since dead or hiding in less holy surroundings.

The stonework of the church seemed grey and damp, heavy with Chicagos damp, windly weather.

The Sendings materialisation in the chambers beneath the building, lowered the already dim illumination.

The recipient was aware of its arrival, opening himself to the sender.

<The inner circle wishes to know how the gathering proceeds>

Requested the sender, the recipient thought he could hear MetaPlanar whispers across the magical link.

{It progresses well, we have our first target which will not stand against us}
<Good>
{And the plans upon the outside?} enquired the recipient
<Proceed very well, our man is in place and is gathering support>
{Excellent}
<We will talk again>

The Metamagical Sending ended, the man sat back and thoughtfully regarded the stone walls of his cellar study, seeming to draw in the once Holy Nature of the place.
As the link receeded the man went back to listening to the whispers in his head.

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Post by arcanus » Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:15 pm

Several large chunks of masonry smack into the grotesque fleshform.
The things swipes at the double image, as the real Curren arcs inward from the opposite direction.
Truth & Justice glow with energy, sparking to life, embued with power from their wielder, Truth slicing into its head while Justice finds its torso.

The Fleshform screeches in pain, and staggers back, more than a little surprised at its smaller assailant.

User avatar
Curren
Magi
Magi
Posts: 515
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:30 pm

Try this on for size!

Post by Curren » Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:36 pm

Curren saws mercilessly with Justice into the torso of the monstrosity, widening the gaping hole as he withdraws Truth that was embedded in its head.
Ability: Pushing against the flesh form Great Leap away from the creature, Acrobatics of 6,4,3,2,2 (results here are including a -2 for his injury to his ankle)
Pseudo Curren is directed to jump on its back
Pulse Derleth to enter the creature via the wound in the torso in ectoplasmic form and if successful is to form up inside it and destroy! Conjuring of 5,5,5,3

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Re: Try this on for size!

Post by arcanus » Sat Jan 12, 2008 6:55 pm

Roll Quickness.
Initiative Roll
Perception Roll.

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Post by arcanus » Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:46 pm

"Shit" cursed No-Entry, in crossing the twelve blocks to 47th they had used the majority of the medical supplies they had secured in their last raid on the Blue Boy held Maxwell Medical Centre.

It seemed that every faction in the CZ was gunning for them, the legacy of their success under Granites leadership, the 'Signs Gangs' numbers were being seriously depleted.

U-Turn was nursing a broken right arm where a round had blown through, Soloman's troll physique had absorbed a substantial amount of harm, but No-Entry was unsure how much more the ragged troll could take.

The state of their supplies was not the biggest disappointment of the day, from their vantage point on the roof of The First Midwest Bank, they had a clear view of the Echo Tower, or rather what was left of it. The skyscraper held a former Shiawise covert operations facility in its upper floors had become the 'Signs Gangs' home and HQ for several months, that was until the UCAS Military had seized the tower.

The Army had then suddenly evacuated the tower which had evicted the gang, during their being away it appeared that the military had taken events one stage further and destroyed the upper floors of the tower.

Soloman breathed a heavy, tired sigh "Back to square one, then!"

User avatar
Curren
Magi
Magi
Posts: 515
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:30 pm

Duck, and Cover!

Post by Curren » Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:55 pm

Quickness of 13,5 and change
Reaction of 11
Perception 5,4,4,3,2
Move in to attack the beast.
Last edited by Curren on Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Post by arcanus » Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:06 pm

The ground seems to shudder as the huge fleshform releases a guttural roar, launching itself forwards.
As it does a thick greyish slime flows across its body, thinning into a fluid blanket that envelopes its entire body short of its head.

Malthalamus Curren braced himself, his ankle shooting pain through the entire length of his leg, pivoting upon his good leg, Truth & Justice glowed with power as both blades whistled around, slicing through icor and gore and removing its head.

Taking in his grim surroundings, Curren becomes acutely aware of further movement further down the block, a scuffle.

High above Curren, a small flight of True Form Wasps veered down into a flight path toward the human.
At an altitude of some two hundred feet, the Gagglepus rifted into the Etheric Plane above the Insects, its roughly spherical form seemed to withdraw into itself and then expand, as it did so a stream of metallic spellpower shot past the wasps, seeming to enshroud the humans aura.

The Gagglepus's expansion ruptured into an explosion, darts of iron fired into all directions, the Wasp Spirits screeched in final pain before their forms irrevecably disrupted.

Curren shuddered, but his attention was immediately drawn to the frantic shouting of the driver of the battered van, a short wild haired man in his fifties, of mediterranean origin, Italian to be precise if Curren was not mistaken.

"THEY ARE A TAKING HIM" shouted the man, pointing to a group of figures seeming to drag a struggling form with them.

User avatar
Curren
Magi
Magi
Posts: 515
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:30 pm

WTF? (hey! no text speak here!) Oh, sorry.

Post by Curren » Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:28 pm

Curren does a quick double take, confused, in pain and disorientated he staggers panting towards the Italian man. His swords like dead weights in his aching hands are dragging on the tarmac. He pauses and sheathes Truth and Justice.

'Taking who?' he manages to catch his breath, closing his eyes he notes with alarm the starbursts of exertion in the darkness.

'What is happening here?' he thinks to himself. 'One minute I'm alone and now I have the entire cast of Lost series 53 here! And that moggythinglewus is back.' He rubs his head, opens his eyes and lopes up to the frightened driver.

'Taking who?!!' Curren grabs the man by the lapels and bellows in frustration. 'Out with it man!'

'

User avatar
Nazir
New Blood
New Blood
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:34 am
Location: CCZ

Cleric Anybody?

Post by Nazir » Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:04 pm

‘You are never alone, Curren,’ came a harsh growl from behind the pair.

Looking over Curren’s shoulder, the Italian screamed, ‘Mama Mia!’ stepping back pulling out of the Englishman’s grasp and genuflecting rapidly to ward against this latest abomination.
A little slower, Curren turned, nursing his ankle and bringing his razor edges blades around ready for action.

Upon seeing the black skinned Jackal-man carrying similar weapons to himself Curren relaxed, and despite himself let out a long relieved sigh.

Seeing the stranger’s reaction and realising his error, Nazir forced himself to resume human form.
‘Apologies my friend for being away so long. I have been busy,’ the Egyptian excused his long absence. He looked over to the gore that was once a wasp flesh form.
‘You’ve been bust too, I see.’

‘I haven’t finished.’ Curren nodded over his shoulder indicating the struggle further down the street.

‘It’s a big one,’ Nazir said with a little trepidation in his voice.
Curren started towards the ongoing fracas, but Nazir’s hand on his shoulder stayed his actions.
‘Whoever is there is already lost.’

‘No they aren’t!’ Curren objected, seeing clearly that the victim(s) were putting up a good defence.
‘Agreed but they will be if you go in like that. Send your elemental, to distract it while I do something about your leg. As interesting as it may be, I have no wish to watch a cripple fight this day!’ He ushered the injured man to a shop doorstep and knelt next to him, pulling up the man’s trouser leg and laying his cool hand on Curren’s swelling ankle.

Curren seeing this as the best alternative set Derleth against the foul creature and hoped that Nazir would be quick.

Cast Heal Force 2 Aug to 6: 8 6 5 4 3 Drain: Pah!

User avatar
Curren
Magi
Magi
Posts: 515
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:30 pm

The Mummy Returns.

Post by Curren » Mon Jan 14, 2008 5:01 pm

Curren nods his head and sits on the kerb of the road as Nazir does his thing. 'Oy, Mario! Come back here fella' he calls to the italian man who is gibbering with fright. 'This blokes alright' pointing to Naz.

'I'm going to take a quick peek mate' he pats Nazirs shoulder as he starts to repair the damage.
Astrally Project, to observe the fighting. Pulse to Derleth to escort me.

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Re: The Mummy Returns.

Post by arcanus » Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:58 pm

You see a mixed group of humans and Fleshforms, grappling with a larger (Ork sized) metahuman.

User avatar
Curren
Magi
Magi
Posts: 515
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:30 pm

Its Astral Maaaan.......

Post by Curren » Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:52 pm

Humanoids and Fleshforms? Insects? Are they working together? What does the Ork sized humanoid look like?
Ascence them all at a safe distance, are there any good grounding points for spells on them? Foci? Dual natures etc?

Ascence 13.7.5, and change.

User avatar
Nazir
New Blood
New Blood
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:34 am
Location: CCZ

Protecting the flesh

Post by Nazir » Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:01 pm

Nazir nods appreciativley as he feels the swelling in Currens ankle receed, and sees the bruise that is already there begin to fade.

Curren's body starts to slump forward and the Egyptian grabs his shoulder with his free hand and eases the man back against the battered shop door.

'Whata is ita that you are doing there?' the Italian asks alarmed and sporting an accusatory expression.

Naizr cast him a withering look then returned his attention to the ankle.

It looked much better.

'Can you fire a gun?' he asks offering a Predator to the man.

'I'm half Sicilian,' the man replied as if that were all the explanation required.

Nazir stood drawing his scimitars and casting an eye about, in both realms. This was not the place to leave an unguarded body laying around.
Mundane Preception: 14, 11, 9, 5 and crap
Astral Perception: 7, 5, 5, 4, and ullage!

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Post by arcanus » Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:47 pm

To Curen, yes there are Grounding Points, in the sense that the Fleshforms are dual natured.
To Nazir, you watch as Curren slumps asleep, the figures rapidly disappear into a subway tunnel, they are a mixture of fleshforms, possibly ants or termites and metahumans.

User avatar
Nazir
New Blood
New Blood
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:34 am
Location: CCZ

I'm late, I'm late, I'm late for an important date...

Post by Nazir » Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:13 am

Nazir looks at the prone form of Curren and then back to the tunnel.
'What time is it?' he asks the Italian.

'Nine thirty,' comes the reply.

The Egyptian sighs. He has to be somewhere very soon. Stilling his mind he concentrates and calls his ever faithful Quetesh to his side.

The air over the sidewalk shimmers for a brief moment, and the form of a beautiful, olive skinned woman materialises to stand before Nazir.
'What is your bidding?' she asks him in the most ancient tongue.

The Italian's mouth drops and hangs open. The seemingly permanent cigar stub that has remained perched in the corner of his mouth falls to the ground as he takes in the sight of Quetesh. She is wearing a skirt of fine black cotton, that is more of akin to a loin cloth. The rest of her body is appears at first glance to be covered in a loose mesh net. but on closer inspection reveals itself to be only body paint.

'I must go, guard Curren until he returns. Keep him safe.'
Quetesh nods, and moves to the human's side, the faint tinkle of the sea shell anklet the only sound she makes. She lifts Curren slightly so that she can sit and place his head in her lap.

'He's okay,' Nazir instructs seeing his fire spirit staring at the Italian's pistol, then he fades from view, stepping to the astral realm and taking flight, heading up the coast of Lake Michigan.

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Post by arcanus » Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:49 pm

Shaking his head Curren awakens, finding himself strangely relaxed, his head being caressed.
Groggily turning his head, he see's the Italian nursing a predator pistol, he seems downhearted.
"They a gone" he says as if preempting Curren's question "An so as your dog friend"

User avatar
Curren
Magi
Magi
Posts: 515
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:30 pm

Two's Company, Three's an Italian...

Post by Curren » Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:43 pm

'Really?' Curren says dreamily closing his eyes again. 'And what time do they serve lunch in heaven?'

He starts in shock with the realisation of where he is and his situation hits him like a juggernaught in his vitals.

'Where the fack am I? I was projecting!' he scrabbles up to his feet and shakes his head. 'My foot feels better, thanks mate.' He thinks with satisfaction.

'Oh, ello.' He says with a trace of embarrassment as he sees the olive skinned woman sitting on the kerb looking at him questioningly. 'Do I know you?' He waves away the answer with an impatient gesture.

'Right Mario.' He says coming to his senses and looking none too kindly at him. 'Could you find it in yourself to finish a coherant sentence? Who has gone besides my 'dog' friend?'

'And lav, could you cover yourself up a bit? Its a bit chilly here' He says to the woman as an after thought.
Astrally perceive her.
'Times a tickin' as always..' his inner voice pipes up.
What about that metahuman guy I asked about in my last entry mate?

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Post by arcanus » Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:28 pm

Quetesh smiles and then ignores Currens request.

Looking around Curen sees no sign of the ork or his/her captures, appearing to have vanished with their prey.

"You look tired" says the Italian, I have some food and a place to sleep.

Suspicion is a survival trait in the CZ as Curren regards the offer carefully.

User avatar
Curren
Magi
Magi
Posts: 515
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:30 pm

Better watch it, he might jump on my head for some coins....

Post by Curren » Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:05 pm

'I don't like leaving people in the lurch, but I'm facking knackered! I'll be no good to them fatigued' he thinks.

'Ok, So why don't you hand over that pistol to me and lead the way to your den?' he smiles and fails utterly in doing it in a disarming way.
Any result from the astral perception of the girl?
'Oh and by the way, what are your names and where did you come from?'
Curren asks as he dusts himself off, 'We can discuss that on the way!'
Curren stands gesturing for them to move.

'The gun, Mario. Now.' This outburst drips tension as Curren draws his pistol.

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Re: Better watch it, he might jump on my head for some coins....

Post by arcanus » Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:14 pm

Curren wrote:
Any result from the astral perception of the girl?
An air elemental, her lineage is derived from Arabian possibly egyptian hermatics.

User avatar
Nazir
New Blood
New Blood
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:34 am
Location: CCZ

Post by Nazir » Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:13 am

Quetesh speaks Ancient Egyptian but understands English well, however she can only speak it with rudimentary skill.
will return to me as soon as she feels that Curren is out of immediate danger.

User avatar
Curren
Magi
Magi
Posts: 515
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:30 pm

Take me to your Pizza Parlour!

Post by Curren » Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:12 pm

'I don't have to ask you again do I?' Curren cocks the heavy pistol and levels it at Mario's chest, and holds his left hand out towards him.

'I helped you out once, and I don't want to undo all that by having to leave you fumbling around trying to stuff your guts back in your own body do I?'

'Make your choice.'

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Re: Take me to your Pizza Parlour!

Post by arcanus » Sat Jan 19, 2008 9:49 am

Curren wrote:'Make your choice.'
The Italian man looks at a somewhat fearsome Malthalumus Curren in terror "Ma name is Gianeno, not a Mario" he manages to squeeze out.

Gianeno Celipo tried to take in the events of the past half an hour, he and 'Tadir' had come out to forage, neither of them had seen a bug in over six months, it was the other predators they had to avoid.
Then this great wasp thing had sprung onto their van, from nowhere, foolishly as Gianeno had swerved the old fish van around 'Tadir' had opened the rear doors and tried to fight it off.

Gianeno shudder as he recalled the wasp thing had almost casually grabbed Tadir and thrown him out into the road.
Hurling the van around in vain attempt to dislodge the monster, he had glanced back only to see Tadir begin to get up, only for a group of men to rush from shadowy doorways and grapple the hebrew ork.

In the space of half an hour he had lost a good friend and potentially hooked up with the very type of madman that he had attempted to shelter his wards from.

Gianeno then sensed a peace come over him, turning he saw the arab girl looking at him, a smile that sweet and any man could forget his troubles.

"It'll be dark soon, lets get moving!" growled the bald man, with curiously many watches upon his arm.

User avatar
Curren
Magi
Magi
Posts: 515
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:30 pm

Sight beyond sight, beyond sight!

Post by Curren » Sat Jan 19, 2008 9:58 am

Is there any way I can attach an astral marker to the besieged metahuman 'A la Seeker in GURPS'?

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Re: Sight beyond sight, beyond sight!

Post by arcanus » Sat Jan 19, 2008 12:32 pm

Curren wrote:
Is there any way I can attach an astral marker to the besieged metahuman 'A la Seeker in GURPS'?
Okay, starting with SR4 Rules make an Intelligence+Magic Theory roll TN#5, Hits(Successes) required: 8!

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Underground Railroad

Post by arcanus » Sat Jan 19, 2008 12:54 pm

The City Spirit dusted himself off, his power circled out from himself and then withdrew back into his essence.
Turning, the impossibly lined face of some 20th Century Chicagean City Father, was contrasted by the green spectral glow of his eyes.

"Have you found them" inquired the Jackal Headed Warrior before him
"I have, they are on the roof of the First Midwest Bank on 47th, the Jackal nodded its order to the Egyptian Swallow perched beside him, it immediately took to wing.

"So this alliance whats in it for me" said the City Spirit

User avatar
Curren
Magi
Magi
Posts: 515
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:30 pm

How many? Eeek!

Post by Curren » Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:11 pm

Okay, starting with SR4 Rules make an Intelligence+Magic Theory roll TN#5, Hits(Successes) required: 8!
Bloomin eck, lets see.... 10 8 5 5 4 3 3 3 3 2 1

Bah!

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Re: How many? Eeek!

Post by arcanus » Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:19 pm

Curren wrote:
Okay, starting with SR4 Rules make an Intelligence+Magic Theory roll TN#5, Hits(Successes) required: 8!
Bloomin eck, lets see.... 10 8 5 5 4 3 3 3 3 2 1

Bah!
Shame 5 Hits.
Reaching out Curren draws upon his developing Metapowers, attempting to the trace the etheric currents, however his power is not quite enough to achieve such a linkage.

User avatar
Curren
Magi
Magi
Posts: 515
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:30 pm

Fack this for a game of tiddlywinks!

Post by Curren » Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:58 pm

The Italian dropped the pistol on the road and spits the cigar butt at Currens feet.
'Follow me' he utters between clenched teeth, the calm the girl had instilled in him had given way to fear and worry for Tadir and frustration for this portly Limey being a complete bastard.

'But a bastard who saved my life' he admits to himself grudgingly.
Gianeno starts to make his way back to the delivery truck on the side of the street only to be stopped by a look and a shake of the head by the cockney.

'Nah, it makes too much noise. If we use it we might as well ring the dinner bell for them. We'll have to walk it unfortunately.' the limey said as he bent down to pick up the pistol. 'Where are you taking us by the way?' Curren enquires.

'Into the sewers. We have a few places where we have managed to hole up. Itsa not pleasant but its better than the creeping death that is choking Chicago topside' Gian walks back to where Curren is standing.

'Thats a very poetic description for our predicament!' Curren smiles without humour as he detatches the magazine of Gian's Predator and flicks the bullets out into his hand. 'Five...... Fuck.' he curses to himself.

'What about Tadir? My friend who gotta captured?' Gian stared into the eyes of the englishman trying to gauge his reaction to this question.

'I don't know.' Curren shrugs. 'He may have been seized for some reason or he might be dead.' he reloads the pistol with three rounds and hands it back to the Italian. 'I'm going to try and help him, but I need rest of some kind before I try'.

'Malthalamus Curren' he englishman introduces himself by offering his hand to Gian.
'Gianeno' the Italian replies, refusing his hand.

With the threat of imminent death receeding from them, the silence of the city returned to the forefront of their minds almost similtaneously, and the menace of these deserted streets played on their nerves. The wind had started to pick up, scattering debris and ash into their faces.

'We go now.' Gian says with a worried frown.
'Yeah.' Curren says huskily, as fear again seems to push down on his chest making it hard for him to breathe.

'Come on lav.' He calls to the woman as he loads the two bullets into his Predator, 'We're leaving!'

'Lead on McGianeno.'
Can I attempt to send another seeker at Gian's friend?
If not I doubt there is anything I can do for him as Derleth will only alert the bugs to our presence.
Last edited by Curren on Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Re: Fack this for a game of tiddlywinks!

Post by arcanus » Sun Jan 20, 2008 8:40 pm

Curren wrote:Can I attempt to send another seeker at Gian's friend?
Make a further Logic+Magic Theory test, Threshold: 10.

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Heavy Metal

Post by arcanus » Sun Jan 20, 2008 9:16 pm

The Gang scattered, the drone howling through the air, LMGs chattering and chewing up chunks of late 20th century architecture.
Soloman hoisted an exhausted U-Turn, and managed to get both of them behind one of the roof gargoyles, No-Entry returned fire, but his marksmanship was nowhere good enough to down the high speed drone, the familiar thumps of an AK-97 roared, as Winter walked his field of fire up to full automatic.
Red eyes glowing the Samurai seemed to wish for death, a face-down between him and the robotic hunter.

Winter's smartlink fed his targeting information from his rangefinder, tracking the drone he sighted up, and squeezed off his remaining 7.62 rounds into the front of its casing.
Surging forwards he discarded his rifle, drawing his pistols, as the drone dropped attempting to right itself, Winter gained the higher ground of the roofs parapet firing bursts of diamond sheathed flechettes into the drone. The machine losing its vertical propulsion, plummeted into the street below.

Bloodied and wild Winter stood for a long moment, daring the machine to stir. No-Entry regarded the usually quiet Samurai with healthy wariness, a man that eager to dance with death often encouraged others to do the same, whether they intended this or not. When he had been part of the group, Winter had always proved quietly effective, although Granite had often chastised him for recklessness.

Still that self same recklessness had just saved the Signs Gangs lives.

The Egyptian Swallow turned and winged its way into the Ether back to its Anubian master.

User avatar
Curren
Magi
Magi
Posts: 515
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:30 pm

Lets try again!

Post by Curren » Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:51 pm

Righto, 21 13 10 8 7 7 5 4 and change. Better!
11 Hits

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Post by arcanus » Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:30 pm

Curren's senses extend upon the Etheric, straining to the point that his nose threatens to bleed.
Pushing to the very limits of his magical knowledge and power, Curren see's a faint trace, a faint thread of astral current, trail.

Tenuously grasping the thread, he extends his power, drawing upon his expanding Metamagical knowledge he threads a weave of power to the thread.

A long pregnant pause follows, before the trace hits something, makes contact.
Drain 5stun (Threshold of 5) Intuition+Willpower.

User avatar
Curren
Magi
Magi
Posts: 515
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:30 pm

Owww!

Post by Curren » Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:36 pm

As he starts to lead them stealthily up the street Gianeno suddenly hears a grunt of exertion behind him from Curren.
He turns in time to see the portly cockney stagger and fall onto his knees as blood explodes out of his nose and flecks the ash covered pavement.
Moderate Stun
Curren groans audibly, holding his head in his hands as he curls up in a ball still on his knees.
What did I locate?

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Re: Owww!

Post by arcanus » Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:20 pm

What did I locate?
Your not sure, but have left a trace upon a metahuman.

User avatar
Curren
Magi
Magi
Posts: 515
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:30 pm

Oh, moy achin' 'ead.

Post by Curren » Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:54 am

Curren raises an arm weakly to his side. 'Gis us a hand here please' he mumbles sluggishly.

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Post by arcanus » Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:56 am

Gianeno steps forwards and grasps Curren's hand, pulling the englishman to his feet.
"Quickly" he says, "We haven't much time, the gangs will be out hunting and the roaches will be stirring in the a tubes"

Hurridly you make your way through the streets, the sounds of predation beginning to reach the pair, nerves jarred, they arrive at a storm drain cover.
Gianeno pulled the cover aside, entering the underdark the trio, move quickly fearing the scuttling around them.

Finally after a trip plagued by fears of the dark and unknown, the trio arrive at a maintenance bulkhead, Curren's senses detect magical warding, closer scrutiny reveals etchings within the surface of the cast iron door reveal a hermatic circle and a ward of protection.
Spurred on by the scuttling, the trio step through the hatch and close it behind them.

The following passage, leads to a sub-basement, navigating a series of crude but effective alarms and traps, Curren and Quatesh follow the italian upstairs, coming into the cellar of a building, Curren looks around in wonder as he see's the basement section of a once italian resturant, the original wooden chairs, railings still stand intact.
Beyond the eatery, the old offices and store rooms have been converted into a living area, Gianeno imediately calms the two families in this area, reassuring them that Curren and his exotic companions presence are not a threat.

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Post by arcanus » Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:48 pm

General Henderson followed the Knight Errant officer through the reinforced corridors of the KE CCF (Cryptozoological Containment Facility), somewhere in the wilds of Dakota.

Henderson mentally replayed his conversation with General Franklin Yates, his former CO, Yates had advised him to tone down his operation and start to play nice with the politicos. Sadly this had set off warning bells in Henderson's head, Yates was planning to run for President so no surprises that he didn't want the CZ CO and former student creating hell.

'Colonel James Fulton' Commander of Ares Knight Errant CZ contingent, stood before a huge glass wall, Henderson saluted him and stepped in beside him.
"Senate still giving you grief" Fulton said
"Nothing that can't be ignored!" replied Henderson "So what have we got?"
"We've ascertained the fates of the missing CIA and Ares field operatives" replied Fulton
"Thats pretty obvious, they got found out and iced" replied Henderson
Fulton ignored Henderson's jibe "More to the point we've found out how"

Henderson turned to look through the glass wall, held suspended in a series of lozenge shaped pods, were a number of fleshform Insect Spirits.
Each was contained in a dense, spongy solution, not unlike childrens jelly with a fungal green tinge, Henderson new that the solution was plant based and dense enough to stop astral intrusion or escape, he also knew the lab/chamber around the subjects was rigged to be flooded with napalm in the event of an escape.

"How?"

"It would seem the bugs have further developed their Hive Mind, recent intel indicated that some fleshforms were exhibiting certain mental abilities not observed before, it seems they may have added mind reading to their armoury" explained Fulton.
"Couldn't it simply be one of their Shaman using spells" replied Henderson
Fulton regarded the General, although occsaionally prone to irrational outbursts he was a deep thinker and appraised to a level worthy of more significant estimation on his part. Fulton logged a mental note in his Headware memory to update the Generals psyche profile.

"Sadly not, our tests have produced proof, some of these good merges have exhibited innate abilities corresponding to the spellcraft formula of mind reading"
"Eckhart also thinks that this latest swarming may lead to some greater agenda" said Fulton
"You've been in contact with Eckhart" gently inquired Henderson
"Of course!" replied Fulton "Good intel is hard to come by, you'd have done the same" replied Fulton

User avatar
Curren
Magi
Magi
Posts: 515
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:30 pm

Solace...for a while at least!

Post by Curren » Sun Jan 27, 2008 1:07 pm

Curren throws himself down on a dining chair and rests his head in his hands on the table as he gets his bearings.
'I located someone, I don't know if it was your mate but I'm going to investigate further' he says breathing heavily to Gian.
'But I need to rest first, is there a sofa or summat I could use here?' Curren looks up from the table, and observes the families.
Who do the families consist of? Adults, Children etc?

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Post by arcanus » Sun Jan 27, 2008 8:49 pm

"He's a aright, he a saved me and thinks he may know where Tadir was taken" says the voice of Gianeno

Silence, finally broken by some whispering as Malthalmus Curren slowly rouses himself from a very long sleep, as the bleary room comes into focus the group has been joined by a further three individuals.
All former runners by the look of them, a heavily chromed man, cyberarms, clearly cybernetic eyes (Appearing like glass lenses) and various datajacks, he wears black camo trousers and a sleeveless combat vest.

He has a significant presence and regards Curren with a cold detachment that makes the englishman nervous, accompanying him is an blond elf, white shirt, black trousers and a classic longsword across his back.
The final member of the trio is teenage girl of some 14 or 15, a spiky mop of golden hair, her prettiness marred by deep burn tissue running along the length of the left side of her jawline.

The samurai crouches his face parallel with Curren's, "So what's your story?" his tone cutting enough to send more shivers.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest