IC - Mad World

This is the area for all Terrestrial In Character Posts.

Moderators: arcanus, Curren, Drake, Black, Otto

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Post by arcanus » Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:26 am

The woman was tough, in his limited years Sinner had still been well trained in identifying body language and signs of anxiety.
Audrey showed none of these signs, instead focusing on the situation in hand.

"Apart from a splitin headache, I'm good, how about you Mr?"

User avatar
Sinner
New Blood
New Blood
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:07 am

Post by Sinner » Fri Feb 22, 2008 2:00 pm

"Mister will do. And I'm fine. Glad to hear you aren't hurt. When we get to someplace safe I'll see if we've got anything for the headache.

"It probably doesn't seem like it now but you were really lucky crashing into me back then."
Sinner's smile carried warmth this time.

The limo was up ahead, racing through traffic and the jeep accelerated to catch it up.

Before Audrey had time to respond to the elf’s statement Sinner began speaking again.
“We probably saved your life, isn’t that right, Mr Yen?”
“He doesn’t say much, does our Mr Yen,” he whispered conspiratorially.
“If we’d left you back there, that road gang would have robbed you, and could well have done a few rather more unpleasant things to a pretty young lady such as yourself.”
Is she pretty and young?
Again Sinner went on , not letting her speak. “So, Audrey, what do you do that lets you be out on a bike in the middle of the day? Hang on a minute! Those guys weren't after you, were they?"
--Be good. Leave the sinning to me.--

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Post by arcanus » Fri Feb 22, 2008 3:39 pm

"Actually Mister Mister, I'm a trid reporter" replies Audrey.
Mr Yens face adopts a frown.

User avatar
Sinner
New Blood
New Blood
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:07 am

Post by Sinner » Sat Feb 23, 2008 7:01 am

All sorts of thoughts and conerns race through the elf's head, but his face remains composed.

"And just what is it that you are reporting on that has got this go-gang all fired up?"

As the jeep approached the limo Sinner eased off on the power, dropping in behind it.
--Be good. Leave the sinning to me.--

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Post by arcanus » Sat Feb 23, 2008 10:10 pm

Sinner wrote:"And just what is it that you are reporting on that has got this go-gang all fired up?".
"I have no idea, my job is a roving eye, just got to keep up, avoid the mayhem and keep filming!"
Audrey flinches as a further pair of drones explode above the jeep, the animated form of Silk taking great pleasure in picking them off.

It is at that point that Sinner becomes aware of something a little amiss, the rear tyres of the Pontiac are completely shredded, in fact the rear left down to its rims.
However this dosen't inhibit the limo one little bit, due to the fact that despite its considerable cargo the limo is floating and being propelled.

User avatar
Sinner
New Blood
New Blood
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:07 am

Post by Sinner » Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:54 am

arcanus wrote:"I have no idea, my job is a roving eye, just got to keep up, avoid the mayhem and keep filming!"
"Keep up and keep filming?" Sinner spares her a quick glance. "Keep up with what?" He knows full well what Audrey is filming but wants to hear her say it. He want's to avoid a full interrogation and the spilling of her blood, if at all possible.
--Be good. Leave the sinning to me.--

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Post by arcanus » Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:31 am

Sinner wrote:"Keep up and keep filming?" Sinner spares her a quick glance. "Keep up with what?" He knows full well what Audrey is filming but wants to hear her say it. He want's to avoid a full interrogation and the spilling of her blood, if at all possible.
"Keep up with the action of course, I'm Freelance, my assignment is to film 'Cannonball', from the ground in the middle of the action!"

User avatar
Sinner
New Blood
New Blood
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:07 am

Post by Sinner » Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:54 pm

"You'll have to forgive me, I'm not local. What on earth is Cannonball?" Sinner asks in his BBC Cambridge accent!!
--Be good. Leave the sinning to me.--

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Post by arcanus » Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:44 pm

Sinner wrote:"You'll have to forgive me, I'm not local. What on earth is Cannonball?" Sinner asks in his BBC Cambridge accent!!
"The Cannonball is a trid show, where teams of runners compete on the interstates, to disable the other, aren't you a team"

User avatar
Sinner
New Blood
New Blood
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:07 am

Chagrinned!

Post by Sinner » Tue Feb 26, 2008 7:17 am

"No we bloody well aren't!!" Sinner almost growled the words, then seeing the sudden look of concern on Audrey's face he calmed.
"Well, at least we weren't. I have a feeling somebody may have volunteered us."

"Ah!" was all Audrey could think to say, what else could she?

Sinners voice became cold, "It's your lucky day, Miss Audrey. I was going to get as much information from you as possible and then kill you, but I think that won't happen now. But I would still like some info, and your help." He noticed that the woman's face had blanched.

"Don't worry. You'll live to ride another day. You may even get a decent story out of this. With a bit of selected editing, of course."

"We'll talk..." he paused whilst he concentrated on steering the battered jeep around an old Buick, "later."

A sudden thought occurred to the elf. "One other thing," he smiled at Audrey. "What is the prize for the winning team?"
--Be good. Leave the sinning to me.--

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Post by arcanus » Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:43 am

"ITS GOING CRAZY DOWN THERE ON I101, DRONES, KIDNAP, THREATS OF MURDER MOST FOUL"

"FOLKS YOU COULD NOT HAVE TUNED INTO A BIGGER EPISODE OF CANNONBALL, NOW DON'T GO FLICKING"

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

December 14th 2059

Post by arcanus » Fri Jan 02, 2009 2:49 pm

Black sat in his small office in Sisco, he retraced the events two and a half years earlier, they'd been set up by the Media Fixer 'Mogul', not an uncommon event within the shadows particularly from those in the LA shadows.

The run had resulted in their reaching San Fran and tangling with the Japanese occupational forces before hightailing it to Oakland, there they'd become involved in the Metahuman resistance movement fighting the Japs.

The past two years had been sucked up by their involvement with the ORA (Oakland Resistance Army), Bishop had almost become its public face as well as highly wanted by the JIS.
The others had remained behind the scenes.

These events they'd found had grounded them, once again given them purpose, curiously it occured to Black that they once again found their wall, their CZ and ultimately their status quo.

The events in 57 had rocked the world Dunkelzahns election to President and his assasination on his electrol evening, the world once again suddenly changed, new corporations were born, two years later others looked upon the verge of collasp.

Over the past three months, they'd gone about their business, Mogul had reared his head again, certain mob elements had suddenly turned their attention to Oakland, which in turn had drawn the gazed of the yakuza.
Silk had gone to ground, Bishop had hooked up with the media arm of The 'Vixen Fashion' House and gone on an offensive against Mogul.

Their were deeper rumblings up and down the West Coast.

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Silent Night - Oakland December 2059

Post by arcanus » Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:42 pm

It was hard to tell the watchers race these days, since learning his ‘Humaform’ formulas he’d existed as no less than three or maybe four metatypes, this night he sat within his birthrace.
From his vantage point upon the rooftops of the Oakmore neighbourhood, he watched, this wasn’t Dog or Ghost town, Oaklands Barrens, no this was downturn middle class, in the 21st Century this was a heavily metahuman populated district and hunting ground.
The group members hadn’t failed to notice the similarities between what they’d seen in LA, 2 years previously and Oakland in 2059, Japanese agents moved through the metahuman communities of the city looking for rebels.
Those that had been displaced from San Fran or sympathized, waged their covert war against their homes oppressors, the JIS and their yakuza allies bore the brunt within their
corporate city and hunted the rebels within their Oakland refuge.

Rumors had existed for several years that the Yaks had death squads, targeting innocent metahumans in retribution or example.
They were more than just rumors, part of his past was linked to the Japanese gangsters and now it appeared part of his present.
From their location they were heading for the ‘Filton Habitat’, potentially they were heading for the ‘Wilmore’ family again.

The question in all of their minds was why was this particular Ork family so important.

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Downtown Seatle Metroplex – Spring 2058

Post by arcanus » Sun Jan 18, 2009 10:56 pm

‘Karen Ashton’ knew that the meeting would be tough, David Angel was a suspicious man at the best of times, but persuading him that a corporate sponsor meant him no ill will and would require no more of him than a simple request would be difficult to say the least.
She stepped across the sidewalk of Yelser Terrace, in south east downtown, she moved through the entrance of ‘The Angel Foundation’ into its hallways before arriving in the office of David Angel.

Her ritual was different this morning, before she even greeted Dave, who by now was looking up from behind his reconditioned desk.
She poured herself a coffee, sitting before him she did not speak for a full minute, by which time 'Angel' was staring at her intently.

"The client scheduled to meet you at 11am, has been trying to meet you for the past 2 months" she started hard and firm "He has a significant amount of money to give you, which he says he owes you"
Angel began to speak, his face betraying the paranoid surge of emotion.
Ashton steeled herself and silenced him with a glare.

"David, you have established a foundation, one that still needs revenue and funding to operate, you need to talk to this man!!"
"I don't have to talk to anyone" retorted Angel "The client as you call im, is a suit and suits ave no place in the foundation"
Karen shot too her feet, a gesture that forced Angel to recoil defensively, momentarily his presence seemed to grow, then receed.
Angel became sullen, finally withering below her baleful 'do not fuck with me gaze' he relented "Okay I'll meet the reptile"

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Re: Downtown Seatle Metroplex – Spring 2058

Post by arcanus » Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:13 pm

The reptile turned out to be a middle aged man that Angel found to be annoyingly likeable, he met him in the Aurora Resturant on Chapel Street Downtown.
Aftering ordering a pot of tea, Angel sat opposite the man.
He smiled, a further tick developing as he fought to not let his guard down
'I'd rather be in some firefight than this' he mentally spat

The mans name was Sam Burridge, another tick.
Small talk pursued, "Mr Curren" said Burridge finally, his hand came up to calm 'Angel'.
"Do not be alarmed, it is our business to know such things, and I might point out that had we intended anyone harm it have already occured"
"How are we getting on?" said Karen as she sat down upon the table
“Is this a set up” retorted Angel, only to be met with another baleful glare
“Actually your past events have been entirely secret due to our knowing your whereabouts, no corporation is aware the connection”
“So who are you and what do you want” asked Angel with quiet menace
“I represent the Seattle Metropolitan Government, you’ve conducted some work on the Children Defense Front on our behalf on and off for a few months, I’m in a position to provide your foundation with no-strings sponsorship in return for continued non-profit investigation of child related issues or disappearances”
By this stage Angel’s eyebrow was going nuts, veins throbbing upon his forehead
“I’ll not be in the government or corps pocket”
Unperturbed ‘Burridge’ continued “David, no matter what I say your going to be suspicious of my motivations, however your Foundations case resolution has been very successful and it being a Foundation the Metropolitan Government can write off its sponsorship as a tax break”

Burridge stood “Good to finally meet the pair of you”, he buttoned up the front of his suit jacket and laid a certified credstick upon the table “It has my contact details upon it as well as your sponsorship for the past 6 months, the families of those you’ve helped send their thanks”
Angel sat looking at the credstick as if it were a venomous snake while Karen, thought of where to go next.

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

27th December 2059

Post by arcanus » Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:19 pm

Oblivious to the blue flickering cast by the trid, upon the darkened room, Eddie Gilbard sat in his own private hell, his descent had begun some 6 weeks ago, when his pregnant girlfriend 'Miranda' has gone missing. Her cat 'Tali' stared into space in that unnerving way thats cat do to make you think they've seen something, 'Tali' slowly following something across the back of the room.

In his hand Eddie still clutched the scrunched up Awol letter sent by both his and Miranda's employer 'Veratech Telecommunications', his compassionate leave had run out a week ago. He sat staring vacantly at the game, it was by far worse somebody going missing than even the discovery of their death.
The days slipped by, turning to weeks, it was the fear that she might be dead, followed by the guilt of starting to think that even hearing that readful news would be a release, but instead nothing.

In Oakland this was worse, metahumans often disappeared, rumours of killers stalking the darkness, preying upon the innocent, especially if you were an ork.
Eddie shivered and for the first time turned his attention, looking at the window, taking in the days of ready meals and takeout littering the floor before sinking again.

User avatar
Curren
Magi
Magi
Posts: 515
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:30 pm

Post subject: Downtown Seatle Metroplex – Spring 2058

Post by Curren » Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:41 pm

Curren exhales explosively, and stares at the credstick. His stare moved to the pretty lawyer.

'Karen' he muttered between clenched teeth, 'What was that all about? Who was he? And why should I take his money?' he gestured opened palmed at the stick on the table.

'I feel an explanation is in order!' Curren relaxed slightly as he rested his arms on the table and steepled his hands under his chin.

'Well?' he barked loudly as he completely failed to keep his irritation in check and startled a waitress serving drinks on the table behind him.
Last edited by Curren on Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Post by arcanus » Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:47 pm

Curren wrote:Curren exhales explosively, and stares at the credstick. His stare tranferred to the pretty lawyer.
'Karen' he muttered between clenched teeth, 'What was that all about? Who was he? And why should I take his money?' he gestured opened palmed at the stick on the table.
'I feel an explanation is in order!' Curren relaxed slightly as he rested his arms on the table and steepled his hands under his chin.
'Well?' he barked loudly as he completely failed to keep his irritation in check and startled a waitress serving drinks on the table behind him.
For all his mistrust, stubborness and irrationality Curren had to concede that Karen Ashton was a tough cookie, despite his bark the attorney merely turned and gave him a cool hard stare.
"I should think it is perfectly obvious, a government department finds your foundation useful and are willing to provide you with funds so that you can improve your facilities, hire more investigators that sort of thing, however you could be too pig headed to accept this"
With that she stops, sips her tea and returns the glare.

User avatar
Curren
Magi
Magi
Posts: 515
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:30 pm

Post subject: Downtown Seatle Metroplex – Spring 2058

Post by Curren » Sat Jan 24, 2009 1:18 am

'Bloody hell, I love it when she gets angry!' Curren thought as he looked at the defiance written on her face.

His attraction to Karen he would never express or admit, but when she got emotional on a subject the fascination he had for her would only intensify.

'That's maybe why you goad her so much' a truthful but unwelcome thought crossed his mind.

'Alright, take the credstick.' He said flatly as he took another pull on his cup of tea and subtlely ran his eyes over her as she stood.

Curren's thoughts detracted from the business at hand.

'Karen was a striking woman; five foot one and a perfect size ten with long dark brown hair that fell in subtle curls almost like a shining waterfall over her shoulders; and ran down her back to the middle of her slender waist.'

'She was dressed in her business suit today; which comprised of a stylish white shirt with a grey designer suit jacket and knee length skirt. A subtle black belt and black low heeled shoes completed the ensemble. There was always a wonderful fresh fragrence that followed her about, and on many occasions this had distracted me from my train of thought whilst dealing with her.'

'Her luxurious dark brown hair crowned a well formed face, and to put images into words I suppose that she looked similar to the twentieth century actress Audrey Hepburn. The intensity of her brown eyes were a sight to behold. And I had folded in my confrontations with her so many times when those eyes had fell on mine.'

'Gettin' all bloody Mills and Boon aren't you; you weak willed bastard?'

Reasoning and reality kicked in swiftly as this thought blundered into the fray.

'Anything else you want to spring on me today before you go? Curren added quickly with a cutting sarcasm as he stood up himself and wiped his mouth and hands with a paper napkin.

'Fuckin' Breakfast At Tiffanys be damned!' he thought with irony as he looked at her impassively.
Last edited by Curren on Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Downtown Seattle - Fall 2058

Post by arcanus » Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:07 pm

Hanson Alwitcher looked up from the basement floor, through a street level window and up to the South Circle monorail accelerating away from the Monobe Industries tower, it had stopped at the scrappers 30th story station. It allowed him a moment of respite from the grim scenery before him.
A former Lonestar homicide detective, Alwitcher had gone into Private Investigation after corporate politics and scapegoat internal investigations had pushed that one step too far.
Being perfectly honest the PI wrap had stank, he’d struggled to find work, with no reputation or corporation to fund him he’d been faced with losing his home and admitting that he’d made a big mistake.
Then the ‘Angel Foundation’ appeared, a Private Investigation agency that provided assistance to those lacking the funds and specialized in child protection cases, they needed investigators and ‘Angel’ the guy in charge had almost bitten the hardened ex-cops hand off when he’d walked into the newly refurbished offices doors.

There were some sights that no matter how many years of experience or how hardened you were that you could never prepare for nor ever forget, or should forget.
He looked with sympathy at ‘Moira’, psychically sensitive she finished puking for the third time. The Lonestar cops and detectives looked on somberly, their forensic mage having had to go and compose himself, the smell of petroleum Jelly fighting to mask the stench.
The building was in the Manor District of Downtown Seattle, being renovated for one of the Real-Estate Corps, the refurb going right down to sealing the basement foundations, particularly in respect to any entrance by Undercity inhabitants.

Alwitcher watched the CSI officers slowly examine the infant corpses, slowly unwrapping the polythene shrouds each was wrapped in.
His former colleague Detective Tony Frier, turned to him “This mean anything to you?”
“Some of the perps we’ve been looking at could have done this but it’s a stretch, their mostly into abuse and perversion” he replied lost in grim thought
“No this is something else, something much worse”
“Why’d you call Tone?” Hanson asked still not looking at his old colleague
Frier stepped over to a wall away from the CSI “The department might not be able to keep a hold of this one Han, the Feds are twitchin”
“So” he replied
“So we need to keep a link, this is serious bad news” Hanson could see pain in ‘Friers’ face, the pain of a separated father a thousand miles from his child, the pain of a parent seeing the face of his child lying upon the floor, unspeakable violation perpetrated upon them.

“Okay Tone, ‘Angel’ won’t let this go, this is the kind of thing that brings his blood up, righteous fury and all that” answered Alwitcher, squeezing his friends shoulder.
Moire had stopped retching when the shouting started, automatic gunfire roared in the stairwell, angered and paniced shouts, followed by pain and suffering.
Both Frier and Alwitcher’s Lonestar training combined with cybernetically boosted reflexes brought their guns to bear, that and the other officers within the room, as a figure launched itself from the stairs into the basement room, half a dozen Ruger heavy pistols roared, on semi-automatic.
The figure beaten back still swung its SMG up, ‘Hanson’ however took a different tact then gaining more body shots on the maniac, he aimed for the gun, squeezed the trigger of his Predator III and fired placing ‘Black Rhino’ rounds into its workings.
Frier put several shots into the attackers face before after sustaining a horrifying and unbelievable amount of injury, the attacker collapsed.

Each of those present within the basement covered their eyes as the figure was suddenly consumed and disintegrated by a piercing white flash.
“What the fuck is going on” said Alwitcher on behalf of just about everybody present in the charnel house

User avatar
Curren
Magi
Magi
Posts: 515
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:30 pm

Post subject: Downtown Seatle Metroplex – Spring 2058

Post by Curren » Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:10 pm

'Oh.' Curren added with an afterthought as he saw Karen hesitate slightly with his harsh question.
'How much did they give the foundation anyway?' he gestured to the credstick, he looked almost visably uncomfortable to touch the thing.

An brief uncomfortable silence ensued.

'Never mind, just go.' he pushed the credsick across the table to her and sighed as he leaned back on his seat. Without a word Karen picked the stick up, turned away and left the restaurant.
Last edited by Curren on Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Downtown Seattle - Fall 2058

Post by arcanus » Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:38 pm

Sam Burridge sat within an undisclosed office deep within Seattles Metroplex hall, he watched the various trid footage on a montage of screens.
Scenes of violence, of unassuming people turning into crazed killers, of their bodies turning into explosive infernos, various facilities had been hit, several law enforcement buildings, a couple of morgues, a few unidentified buildings believed to be federal or runner covers or safehouses.

“Grim images” commented his guest
Burridge nodded, three of attacks had occurred within the metroplex
Silence fell across the twilight dark office
“So your thoughts, Sam?” prompted the guest
“Nothing other than each of the attacks on the Law Enforcement and morgues followed the discovery of murder victims” commented Sam
“Agreed, but why go to such lengths?” replied the guest
“Well it indicates that there’s greater significance to these killings than some serial killing, something someone or something seeks to erase at a considerable and horrific cost” replied Sam “Do we have anything further from the intact murder site?” inquired Sam
“Nothing as of yet, the forensic evidence is truly gruesome, background count twisted, we’ve had three determined gang attacks in the past month” replied the Guest
Burridge’s brow furrowed, his mind ticking over “That would indicate we’ve missed something, something that’s at the site” he clicked his phone, it auto-encrypted as it dialed, then he hung up.
Something nagged at Sam’s mind, the line was government encrypted, but something felt wrong, concentrating a small bird appeared from thin air, issuing his instructions the bird whizzed away to find ‘Alwitcher’.

“Getting superstitious?” mocked the guest
“Just a feeling” whispered Sam, “Just a feeling!”

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

A Call To Arms

Post by arcanus » Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:29 pm

The forces assembled, the Proud Gajin assembled along Nimitz Avenue near 33rd street, they were outside of their territory but a grim glee ran through the gang, like naughty children in someone elses garden.
The gangs leader was White Ronin, a white human he surveyed his amassed people, a gang of various metatypes all opposed to the Japanese occupation of San Francisco, however like any self respecting gang a little protection, smuggling, extortion and turf raiding kept the coffers steady.
His deputy ‘Gweilo’ owed several favours to the runners Black and Silk, a debt that the gang owed and tonight would repay, their motley collection of armaments ready, riding on a collection of bikes and minivans they set off down Nimitz with determination they entered West Oaklands Barrens ‘Ghost Town’ and the territory of the Aurora Angels.

Black stifled a shudder as the pool of grey primordial slime enveloped ‘Angel’ and the pair of them sank beneath the ground, ‘Angel’s plan was to move through the earthy foundations of the school and therefore avoid any sentries, while his spirit also carried an astral bomb of sorts.
Black would take a more conventional if not clandestine route.
Upon the rooftop of the old ‘Mercy Retirement Home’, Silk settled into his prone position, his snipers rifle trained to acclimatise his line of fire he moved from the entrance to the upper windows.

At the meeting point on the corner of Berkley street, a curious ork sized form stood, closer inspection revealed it to resemble the armoured figure from an old comic book, the main difference was that it was a dark gun metal grey. The most surprising fact of the armour was that ‘Frank Drake’ stood within the torso of the figure.
It was a far cry from the original Lifter drone from which the majority of its parts had originated.
‘Lets see what you can do’ thought Frank Drake

Stealth programs activated as 2XS and his net buddies descended upon the antiquated node of the school, the whole of Ghost Towns LTG was so 2030s, sensors swept from the Personas drawing back as IO sweeps originated from the cameras.
“This should be fun” smiled 2XS

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Witching Hour

Post by arcanus » Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:36 pm

Moira Devalle had always been that pale awkward girl, the gothy outsider in highschool.
Black nail polish, pierced lips, studded nose and quasi talismantic jewelry, that was until Moira had started to get sudden violent visions and flashbacks.
She went through the parental disbelief, ‘it’s just a phase’, as the episodes continued Moira had brainscans, which revealed very little, then perhaps she was a special child and she underwent tests for magical talent again revealing nothing.
Moira had a troubled adolescence until further brainscans revealed abnormal neural activity, and it was concluded that she had some form of psychic talent, until the mid 50s such things were dismissed as an alternative manifestation of magic, not so now.
Thaumaturgists were now confirming that individuals with psychic abilities were undetectable to conventional magical means, suggesting a different origin or source of power.

Moira didn’t care, what she cared about was waking suddenly in the middle of the night, knife blade images flashing from dreamstate to waking consciousness, more than just a dream.
Moira looked around her Auburn apartment, cold sweat clung to her skin, her shortish black hair clumped together.
Looking around dark blue light shredded by shafts of the moons luminance painted her bedroom, another image struck her, her gift wasn’t kind.
It was then she released, the visions coalesced into something her waking brain could decipher, her mental cry rang across the ether “HANSON!!!!”

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Post by arcanus » Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:06 pm

Hanson Alwitcher stumbled to his left, as he did a chunk of masonry exploded from the far wall.
In the thick grey of the cellar or the torture pit as it had become to be known, a cloud of dust floated from the bullet hole.
Alwitcher rolled to the wall below the street level window, his Predator appeared in his hand as if by magic, his heart slowed to a methodical beat, a cold calm settled upon him.

“Mutha F” exclaimed the Star rigger, his tracking & surveillance drone hurtled down towards the offending window, a mini-disc drone separated crashing through the plexi-glass window and rocketing after the shooter, who was now sprinting down the corridor of the 14th floor.
The main tracker drone spun around the side of the office block just as it was hit by a barrage of electronic warfare.

Alwitcher was already moving, his 47 year old legs pounding along like those of a born again athlete, he ducked left through the adjacent underpass directed by the same force that had blasted his eardrums and undoubtedly saved his life.
His route meandered, until he surfaced by a fire escape door, within seconds the door sprang open a dark figure charging through it, a small disc like hover drone zooming out behind him.
The detective dropped to one knee, one eye closed and fired, four shots took the back of the assassins legs, no sooner than he had hit the ground did he explode into flames.

Alwitcher watched as the body thrashed, an inferno burning it from within, glancing around he spotted several burning body parts, his eyes widening in realization ‘Alwitcher’ scooped one of the parts up, switching the pain receptors off in his cyberhand and damping out the flames.
Alwitcher then watched the remains of his would be killer burn a bright orange.

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Upon Earth as it is in Heaven

Post by arcanus » Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:21 pm

Captain Lucas Marley watched the trid screen that dominated the north wall of the King Precinct Downtown Lonestar command.
The screen was filled with numerous images relayed via cctv, drones and in some instances news cameras, each telling a tale as the predicted skirmishes opened between the syndicates.
Now that the 'Hammer' was gone blood was being let, so it was enforcers flexing their muscles or settling old scores, in turn their pet or allied Gangs were also sparing increasing the level of violence.

The 'Organised Crime Taskforce' was now in a state of 'Full Readiness', its knowbots running numerous strategic algorythms, reviewing old incidents and preparing possible senarios.
One that puzzled him was the death of a priest, in South Downtown, the old subburbs that had become the poorer area of the glitz, was it a mob hit or some random act.
The niggle in Marley's mind was that it was something more than a mugging, the way in which it had been done, the style.

Marley returned his attention to the screen, things were escalating, it was only a matter of time before the syndicates would make their moves as organisations, teritorial grabs, claims for further power.

The question was as always 'At what cost'

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Murder One

Post by arcanus » Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:50 am

Margret Droight rang the Angel Foundation Offices at 14.17 on the 5th January 2060.
She sounded considerably more composed and her Trix WeeIcon was that of an endearing elderly granny 'Everybodies online these days' thought Voight with some degree of mirth.

The Stars CSI still had the area cordoned off, however they had after satisfying themselves that they had a complete evidence and trideo collection from the vestry they had allowed Margret to look around and identify if anything were missing.

Although Margret had informed the Star that she could find nothing missing, she then in a rather conspiratorial way informed Voight that a Silver Pendant the Father had kept in his draw was missing and that the pendant had always been kept there.

She confirmed that the Father had, had the pendant for as long as she'd cleaned the Church.

User avatar
Black
Runner
Runner
Posts: 191
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:29 pm
Location: Seattle, UCAS

Post by Black » Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:58 am

Caliburn black struggled to keep a lid on his temper, the conditioned psyche of Cardinal rushing back to the fore.
He walked slowly back to the main door after a whispered apology through gritted teeth to the Father for wasting his time.
Outside he stormed down the street and leapt onto his bike.
The engine roared and he surged away throttling quickly up until the bike was shooting through the Seattle Downtown streets at over 120mph.
"Aaaarrrrggghhhhhh!" he screamed into the air letting his frustrations vent.
"Fuck Curren. Fuck his Foundation. Fuck them all!!" he swore. "Time to go home."

A near miss persuaded him to ease off the power, he wasn't rigged in at the moment so this kind of speed was reckless. Reckless was something he did when he had no more choice.

Parking up in a mall car park he let out a sigh and took a seat on a grass verge watching the late evening traffic go by. His anger was still raw, but the source had changed. Initially he had been angry with Angel, but with time to reflect he was angry with himself for getting angry in the first place. And the truth was - Angel had been right. Only he'd seen an opportunity and had gone for it. Perhaps he should have discussed it with the others first.

Some men walked passed, dressed for a night out. They were laughing and joking amongst themselves, their conversation showing a good camaraderie. They were friends. Regardless of their working relationships, it sounded very mush like they worked together too, the were friends.

Friends.

That was something Caliburn Black had precious few of.
Curren, Drake and himself had been in 'The Zone' together and had come out the other side. They had worked together. Of all the people in the world they were probably the only ones he considered to be friends.
Friends were tolerant of one another failings, forgave each other quickly, letting any storms in their friendship burn themselves out, then picked up the pieces and got back on with life.

"You're a prat!" Necron growled at him from inside his head.
"All right Mr Charisma! Just remember you are me!"

Black hopped back on his bike and took a steady ride back to the church, stopping a discreet distance away. He watched the church building looking for observers, anyone else who was keeping an eye on it.
Perception Roll: 11 5 5 5 4 4 4 4 3 3 2 2 (6 hits)

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Dark Nights

Post by arcanus » Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:09 am

Like an excited schoolkid Frank Drake leant down to see what the Priests safe contained.
Curren who too be fair had had a gutful today sat wearily in the office chair against the vestibles wall.
The JC spirit watched passively, Curren's brow furrowed "Aren't you things meant to protect their domains" he asked
JC turned and looked at the mage quizzically
"Well here we are just helping ourselves to anything, we could be anyone and your not doing anything?" he pushed
"No your Angel from the Angel Foundation, a heavenly messenger and here to find out who killed the beloved Father Thomas" replied the Hearth Spirit with a gentle tone
For a moment Curren seemed a little taken aback, before settling back in the chair to think!
Drake looked within finding a small box containing a series of datachips, there were also some documents, Prayer Beads, an old 2032 Colt Rattler and a credstick.
Opening his eyes Curren looked at his friends exclamation of curiousity
"Curiouser and Curiouser" murmered Frank
****
Having reimposed his usual level of clinical control 'Black' sat within the shadowy alleyway beside the Portello Avenues Stuffer Shack.
Ever watchful he clocked the SUV parked up, after some 15 minutes two pickups pulled up alongside the black SUV, the drivers conversing alongside each other.
Of greater concern was that 'Blacks' lowlight vision picked up the brownish tones of the 'Troll Killers' gang colours.

User avatar
Black
Runner
Runner
Posts: 191
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:29 pm
Location: Seattle, UCAS

Post by Black » Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:41 am

Are these vehicles now gathered within sight of the Church?

Black will utilise the very good optical package in his eyeball drones to zoom in on the wing and rear-view mirrors of each vehicle to see if they have any other occupants. Sweeping through all his various modes - if he cant's see through normal visual methods he'll look for reflected heat sources upon the windows.

Perception: 9 8 5 5 5 3 3 2 2 2 2 (5 hits)

Also Necron will quickly check where Zuul is - thinking Slasher may be in the SUV or one of the vans.

Secondly the old robot will command Zuul to download everything on the gang boss' phone/palm pc to Black's phone immediately.

Matix perception to find slasher/zuul's location:
Computer+Analyse+2: 5 5 5 5 4 4 4 3 3 3 2 (4 hits)

Hacking+Edit to copy all the info (including calender appointments etc):
7 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 4 4 3 3 3 2 2 2 (8 hits)

Next Black will dial Angel's phone...

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Post by arcanus » Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:59 am

Black wrote:Are these vehicles now gathered within sight of the Church?

Perception: 9 8 5 5 5 3 3 2 2 2 2 (5 hits)
GM wrote:They are parked further up the road on both ends
Black wrote:Also Necron will quickly check where Zuul is - thinking Slasher may be in the SUV or one of the vans.

Secondly the old robot will command Zuul to download everything on the gang boss' phone/palm pc to Black's phone immediately.

Matix perception to find slasher/zuul's location:
Computer+Analyse+2: 5 5 5 5 4 4 4 3 3 3 2 (4 hits)
GM wrote:Zuul is not in the local vicinity
Black wrote:Hacking+Edit to copy all the info (including calender appointments etc):
7 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 4 4 3 3 3 2 2 2 (8 hits)

Next Black will dial Angel's phone...
GM wrote:Zuul is encountering new forms of resistance.
The quiet of the Lutherian Church is disturbed by Angels rather archaic phone ringing.

User avatar
Black
Runner
Runner
Posts: 191
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:29 pm
Location: Seattle, UCAS

Post by Black » Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:37 pm

1. Can I tell what sort of resistance Zuul is up against?

2. Are the gathered opponents in the vans and SUV all human?

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Post by arcanus » Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:30 pm

Black wrote:1. Can I tell what sort of resistance Zuul is up against?
GM wrote:He reports that a SIM upgrade has enhanced the IC, introducing new layers of protection.
Black wrote:2. Are the gathered opponents in the vans and SUV all human?
GM wrote:They are all human.

User avatar
Black
Runner
Runner
Posts: 191
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:29 pm
Location: Seattle, UCAS

Post by Black » Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:03 am

Ok!

Necron will reach out into the LTG and from a public phone/matrix terminal he will dial the rozzas.

An anonymous 'concerned citizen' will then inform the Lone Star control room person of "Two vans and an SUV whose occupants are acting suspiscously in the street outside the church where that nice Father Thomas was murdered last week. Oh and I think they may have guns, I'm sure I saw somethnig that looked like a gun."
"No ma'am, I don't know much about guns, I have no idea what sort but it looks like one of them big ones you see soldiers with on the trid."
"Just be quick, miss, it looks like they're getting ready to start something and I don't want that sort of thing on my street. Thank you!"

Having done that, Black will discreetly make his way to the roof tops where he will scan for and drone activity in the area (hopefully either Lone Star or a private security firm - Might just have to borrow me one of them!!)

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Crossroads District - Bellevue 2060

Post by arcanus » Sun Apr 05, 2009 12:44 pm

A face to face meeting was not good, more of a summoning than anything cordial, in normal circumstance the earthy brown of the Trollkillers gang colours would bring the required respect and fear from the locals. But not here, here the large gang were swimming with larger predators.

The Trollkillers leader mounted the stairs up to the third floor offices above resturant.
The gangers stepped into the room, the lights were dimmed but they could see some six for so figures, the leader sat behind a deck in front of the window.
The two figures flanking him, massively out of proportion, both cyber monsters.
The large bald man behind the deck drew their attention, the 'Colonel' as he was known, a bonafide officer in the Fort Lewis Metroplex guards, who also worked for the family.
Like most military men he didn't exchange pleasantries
"You fucked up again!" the accusation cut worse than a knife
"You sent four times the men and they outflanked you and took you apart, the Top Brass ain't happy, shouldn't even have involved them, but know" he let that hang
"So what'cha goin to do?" he demanded
The Trollkillers leader cleared his throat "We've absorbed some youngbloods, its a matter of rep now, take em down, hard, skin em, kill em" venom flowed, the 'Colonel' watched the outburst
"Make sure you do, and this is your last chance, before I clear house, can't have family business tarnished" it was a cold military statement but the Trollkillers could not mistake its meaning or intent.

As they filed out the 'Colonel' gave the look to one of his monsters, who nodded in understanding

It was later that night in the Trollkiller territory of Profanity Hill, in the Yesler District of Downtown that one of the gangers involved in the meeting was found with a four foot length of rebar suspending him by his chest from a flyover ferrocrete support.

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Long Dark Nights

Post by arcanus » Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:35 pm

Hanson Alwitcher rubbed his eyes, for the first time in a week he'd slept deeply and recouped some of his strength, slept so deeply that he hadn't had the night terrors. He stumbled from bed, his vid phone flashed that he had eight messages, probably Voight and Angel checking up on him.
The room was pitch black, which was a welcome relief, soothing to a troubled brow, to eyes that didn't welcome light.
Blackout screens across the windows forming a barrier

Hanson sat down in his form-fitting arm chair, it was twelve years old but still did a decent job of contouring to his old back.
A frown crossed his brow, as a knock at his front door interrupted his peace.
Slowly he stood, stopping to pick his Predator before getting to the security screen, clicking it too life he looked through the camera looking at the form of his
old Star former partner Detective Tony Frier.

"Tone! what brings you around?" smiled Hanson
Frier's wan smile, crossed a troubled face.
"You okay Tone?" enquired Alwitcher as he ushered his friend in
"Not so bad Han, hows you" replied Tony
"First decent nights sleep I've had in a week" replied the PI, stretching
"Lucky bastard" replied Tony
"Kids keepin you up?" questioned Hanson
Tony rubbed his forehead wearily "Yeah keep seeing their faces"
Hanson silently nodded in unerstanding
Breaking the morbid silence, Hanson stood "Think I might have some quality Synth cafe"

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Long Dark Nights

Post by arcanus » Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:52 pm

Moire almost sent her Starbucks skinny mocha latte flying across the coffeeshop table, her eyes unpleasantly watered before turning completely white.
The mans face was angular, he leaned in a predatory manner across a double bed, asleep within was a man and a woman, a couple married some thirteen years.
In a dream or nightmarish way the mans form seemed to stretch over the bed to the extent of merging with the shadows of the ceiling.
Other figures moved within the room, before moving forwards and seizing the pair, the wife dragged from her rest and from the room, the husband held the awful realisation that he would never see her again.
The husbands mind stretched and bent, chips inserted into his datajack.

This time her hand caught the latte and sent it flying over a suited wageslaves leg "NO" she roared

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Long Dark Nights

Post by arcanus » Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:25 pm

Hanson Alwitcher stumbled, almost banging his head against his kitchen units.
"Jesus H Christ" he hissed, as another bolt surged across his frontal lobe, this was the fourth time in two weeks this had happened.
Hanson stopped, the previous three times his life had been threatened, often from unexpected quarters, moving the the kitchen door he peered through crack of the door. Tony was sitting, rubbing his temples, 'Hanson's eyes narrowed, this was one of his oldest friends, but his head and guts were killing him, which told him something.

Hanson reached up to the top shelf of one of his units and silently drew his reserve pistol, he detected movement from the room.
Again he moved to the crack of the door, his own movements masked by the steam of the kettle, 'Tony' had stood, as if deciding what too do next, his face torn by conflict.
Hanson swung around the door he put two rounds into 'Tony's head, another three into his trunk, his former partner stumbled, his eyes wide, Hanson followed through putting a further round into his head until 'Tony' dropped.
Before he did he swept his Ares Ultra around the room, changing his gel round clip to real ammo, he quickly scouted the apartment before returning and cuffing 'Tony'.
"Sorry pal, but a lot of weird shits going down and somehow your part of it!" Hanson sat down and looked at his friends unconcious form, something was wrong with 'Tony' and he was unsure of what.

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Storm Waters

Post by arcanus » Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:15 pm

<This is The Port of Seattle Harbourmaster to the Elliot Bay Lifeboat, we have a pleasure yacht and two unidentified vessels caught in a sudden squall, mid sound, request launch>

[Port of Seattle Harbourmaster we have weather drone confirmation of paranormal activity on the Sound, request UCAS Coastguard referral]

<Everett Coastguard we have three private vessels in distress, request Clipper assistance, Pacific Weather Monitoring Drones have identified unnatural and hostile weather patterns, lifeboats endangered in attempting rescue>

{Lonestar Port Patrol this is the UCASS Bastion, we are one hour away from interdiction, please confirm as too whether you are in proximity to assist}

(This is Lonestar patrol vessel 'Zulu' we have interception range from Port Orchard waters, we are able to respond)

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Storm Waters

Post by arcanus » Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:59 pm

The ‘Tokamac’ was a 40 meter Stern trawler, her bow rose some two meters as she crashed across the now turbulent waters of ‘Puget Sound’.
Newly appointed captain ‘Yang Ong’ squinted through the spray, this was like being out in the middle of the Atlantic not some oceanic bay, and more to the point where had this storm suddenly come from.
‘Ong’ had very little sailing experience, however his ‘Xian Labs’ skillsoft was working wonders, his helmsman, rotated the wheel to keep the ship on course, according to its sensors.

怎回事! (What the hell is going on!) barked Ong, as one of his Octagon Soldiers stumble through the cabin door
人在船外 (Man Overboard) shouted the soldier
什 (What?) bellowed Ong in return over the roar of the sea
宗的消失 (Zong’s disappeared) shouted the soldier in reply
死的蠢! (Fucking idiot) muttered Ong, shaking his head
那是什? (What was that?) said the helmsmen in the midst of the roar
The clanging noise terminated in its source, a hi-ex grenade hitting the exhaust of the engine and tearing the ‘Tokamac’ apart.

Lightning streamed from the mana ladened storm clouds turned the churning waters into steam, a scant few meters from the second Trawlers bow.
‘Zhao Mien Lin’ peered through the squall, his soldiers piloting the bridge of the ‘Barracuda’, shrunk as the ‘Tokamac’ erupted.
地 (Hell) swore Lin, 什那? (What did that?) he barked
生波探器正北部! (Sonar reading due North East!) hurriedly replied his helmsman
在它以后得到! (GET AFTER IT!) he roared

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest