Otto's Multiversal Mayhem

Details and a record of the characters exploits, successes and failures within the Parallel Worlds.

Moderators: arcanus, Otto

User avatar
Otto
Solo
Solo
Posts: 248
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:28 am

Re: Otto's Multiversal Mayhem

Post by Otto » Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:23 am

Otto continues with a sense of urgency, 'Ok Arthur. Pleased to meet you.' he shakes his hand.

'Now, we don't have much time. Get your chaps together as we need to move quickly out of here.'
Leadership of 14
'Which way did you come from? And are any of you armed?' he asks Arthur, Otto attempts to keep him occupied so that he remains focused and doesn't give in to fear.

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Otto's Multiversal Mayhem

Post by arcanus » Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:20 am

The tone changing in Otto's voice brings Arthurs attention back into focus.

Sceritt is already back in the cross section, warily looking at the Red Plant glowing almost luminescent in the watercourse.

Arthur points to the right "We came from that direction, however we were heading East (he points to the left), which would take us to the River"
GM wrote:They are armed with knives, axes, makeshift spears and one aged shotgun.
GM wrote:Make a perception roll?

User avatar
Otto
Solo
Solo
Posts: 248
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:28 am

Re: Otto's Multiversal Mayhem

Post by Otto » Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:13 pm

Perception of 14
'Do you know how to use this?' Otto in what seems an instant assembles his shotgun from one of his thigh pouches and holds it out to Wells.

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Otto's Multiversal Mayhem

Post by arcanus » Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:32 pm

Well's looks astounded, "Why yes, enough to get by and a steady arm!"

"We should move!" hisses Sceritt, the clanking growing more ominous
GM wrote:Several of them have what appear to be revolvers beneath their coats or tucked in waistbands.

User avatar
Otto
Solo
Solo
Posts: 248
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:28 am

Re: Otto's Multiversal Mayhem

Post by Otto » Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:28 pm

Otto suddenly appears to stagger and quickly sits down against the sewer wall.

'A moment.' he says as he feigns nausea and disorientation.
Astrally Project to pinpoint exactly where the clanking is coming from, to identify what they are and how many there are. Don't want to run into them eh?
A quick blip should suffice
Magery of 15.

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Otto's Multiversal Mayhem

Post by arcanus » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:39 pm

The sensation is similar to swimming through treacle, finally stepping from his meat and bones Otto assumes the Chimera form, albeit minus its tail.
Curiously as a he takes a moment to orientate himself he notices that Olivia and Wells are staring at him, neither reacts in horror and both are squinting as if trying to make something out.

Sprinting off he covers the tunnels rapidly, now percieving the Etheric streams as they wind their way from the confined spaces.
He finds the source of the clanking in the form of four of the chicken automatons, each snorts a puff of Black Smoke from its nose as it advances, occasionally they stop and listen.

Swirls of Etheric energy passes between each of the chicken automatons.
GM wrote:They are approaching from the direction the men came from.

User avatar
Otto
Solo
Solo
Posts: 248
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:28 am

Re: Otto's Multiversal Mayhem

Post by Otto » Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:05 pm

GM wrote: They are approaching from the direction the men came from.

(20:46:29) Otto Otto blinks back to his body

(20:47:07) arcanus: Olivia and Wells seem to simultaneously shake their heads

(20:47:19) arcanus: The clanking grows nearer

(20:49:34) Otto: 'We need to go that way.' He points in the opposite direction to where the fowl are approaching. 'Right away.' Otto glances at Wells.

(20:49:51) Otto: 'Can you look after Olivia?' he asks

(20:50:47) Otto needs to see if the Fighting Machine he felled is still there.

(20:51:01) Otto If he felled it at all!

(20:51:07) arcanus: "Es not jokin" hisses Sceritt who looks at Otto somewhat suspiciously "They're almost on us!"

(20:52:06) arcanus: (Are you going back the other way?)#

(20:52:53) (Dean): Not yet, but I just want to put it out there as it were

(20:53:18) arcanus: (Righto)

(20:54:24) Otto: 'Well spotted' Otto snarls biting sarcasm and anger rising. 'So get a fuckin' move on!'

(20:54:29) arcanus: "Of course Old man, but what about you" Wells blurts as he hurries Olivia up to the T-section, Sceritt has already moved off, half of the men already in flight

(20:55:55) Otto: 'I'll follow behind.' he says as he places a fully charged rebreather on his face. 'Don't worry I won't be far from you I assure you!' he adds

(20:56:50) Otto: (How high is the sewer ceiling?)

(20:56:57) arcanus: The party disappear into the Red tunnel and begin to hurry although all show reluctance to touch the water or the plant.

(20:58:26) arcanus: The plant for its part writhes its tendrils ominously

(21:00:08) Otto: (How high is the sewer ceiling? Also I will be looking at a weak point in it if possible?)

(21:01:27) ChatBot: Otto rolls 3d6 and gets 1,5,1.

(21:01:34) Otto: Perception

(21:17:19) arcanus: The hissing noise grows closer, Ottos advanced spectral vision picks up the metallic forms in the darkness at the end of the tunnel.

(21:18:38) arcanus: The brickwork is very old, possibly from the original sewer construction in the time of the Merry Monarch, you calculate that a sufficient application of force will bring down a significant section of the brickwork

(21:20:57) Otto sets his pistol round glyphs to a time delayed hi velocity hi explosive with a shake of the weapon. He adjusts his hearing to compensate for the noise and fires three shots into the brickwork ceiling. The shots are placed in a triangular pattern.

(21:21:21) ChatBot: Otto rolls 3d6 and gets 1,4,6.

(21:21:27) Otto: Pistol

(21:24:12) Otto: (According to my HUD map. Wherabouts is the location of the downed machine from where I am?)

(21:26:14) Otto: (My plan is to locate the machine, and patch into its electronics (or the equivalents) and hopefully process the etheric virus (that Sting is producing) though the machines system!)

(21:26:33) Otto: (Had to let the cat out of the bag!)

(21:27:00) Otto: (Thats if the the communication systems are working)

(21:27:00) Otto: (Could be really nasty for our Imperial Invaders.)

(21:34:14) arcanus: The downed machine is to your North East

(21:34:25) arcanus: (Roll damage?)

(21:35:10) ChatBot: Otto rolls 5d6 and gets 2,6,6,2,2.
(21:35:18) ChatBot: Otto rolls 5d6 and gets 3,3,6,1,4.
(21:35:23) ChatBot: Otto rolls 5d6 and gets 1,5,1,6,6.

(21:35:52) arcanus: Make a Dodge roll?

(21:36:08) (Dean): Is the plan sound?

(21:36:37) arcanus: (Sounds very sound, interesting play on them being infected with a virus)

(21:37:02) arcanus: Cup of tea

(21:37:32) Otto: Hardly original though!

(21:37:42) ChatBot: Otto rolls 3d6 and gets 2,4,1.

(21:37:48) Otto: Dodge

(21:42:33) Otto: shouts 'Put your fingers in your ears and open your mouths!' he shouts over his shoulder at the retreating group as he in turn begins to retreat before the explosion.

(21:42:42) Otto: Swift Strider

(21:42:48) ChatBot: Otto rolls 3d6 and gets 3,2,5.

(21:43:14) Otto assumes the RLF manuevre

(21:48:22) arcanus: Dex roll?

(21:51:44) ChatBot: Otto rolls 3d6 and gets 5,2,2.
(21:51:51) Otto: Dexterity

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Otto's Multiversal Mayhem

Post by arcanus » Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:59 am

The bullets thump into the ceiling, momentarily nothing seems to happen and the mechanical chickens break into a rocking sprint.

Olivia screams having glanced back, whilst being hurried through the Eastward tunnel by Wells.

User avatar
Otto
Solo
Solo
Posts: 248
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:28 am

Re: Otto's Multiversal Mayhem

Post by Otto » Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:45 am

‘Keep going! And find safety!’ his bellow echoes metallically in the sewer confines.

‘They are completely autonomous!’ Otto thinks with a growing dread as he scrabbles back towards safety.

Seemingly unable to take his eyes off them, he slips and falls to his knees into the slimy unearthly weed, and with a reflex action and desperation born of the impending danger fires at the lead cyborg.
Remove the timed explosive on the ammo glyphs and apply, explosive : armour piercing : contact detonation : shaped charge : flame.
The shaped charge will be designated to blast outwards on either impact or preferably once the cyborg’s armour plating is pierced in a V shape.
Magery of 12
Pistol of 10

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Otto's Multiversal Mayhem

Post by arcanus » Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:20 pm

GM wrote:Damage?

User avatar
Otto
Solo
Solo
Posts: 248
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:28 am

Re: Otto's Multiversal Mayhem

Post by Otto » Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:07 am

From 5d6 (basic damage without modifications)14 points

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Otto's Multiversal Mayhem

Post by arcanus » Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:19 am

The lead automaton erupts in a small ball of flame, rumbles shudder through the tunnel.

The remaining automatons scramble over the grotesque wreckage of their fallen comrade, jets of Black Smoke emitting from the front of their block like heads, enshrouding Otto and its tendrils flowing past him.

User avatar
Otto
Solo
Solo
Posts: 248
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:28 am

Re: Otto's Multiversal Mayhem

Post by Otto » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:19 pm

Otto activates his voltiac coil so it enshrouds his body with an electrical charge: This should keep the tendrils off him.
Weird Science of 11
Otto turns and makes a dash for the exit whilst firing blindly behind him.
Swift Strider of 13
Pistol shots of 11, 17, 7.
<Sting, have you the atomic schematics of the chemical these things are using? I want to look at making this shit inert!>

'Why haven't the explosive charges activated yet?' he thinks wildly as the panic begins to rise in his stomach as he stumbles forward towards safety.

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Otto's Multiversal Mayhem

Post by arcanus » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:41 pm

The tunnel is suddenly illuminated by the Voltiac field as it enfolds, the air is energized by the electricity pushes the black smoke back.

A rumble emanates through the tunnel, one of the party stumbles the Black Smoke having caught up with him, Wells looks back in concern but pushes his charge forward to the junction looming ahead.

A thunderous crash explodes behind Otto, as the ceiling finally caves in and masonry tumbles down.

User avatar
Otto
Solo
Solo
Posts: 248
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:28 am

Re: Otto's Multiversal Mayhem

Post by Otto » Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:34 pm

Charging through the choking detritus and destruction, Otto deactivates the electrical field and scoops up the fallen man in his arms. As he continues to run and stumble to safety, he quickly administers a voltiac charge through his hand straight to the casualties chest, hopefully giving him time to help the man further once he has found a safer area.
Weird Science: 15
Surgeon: 11
First Aid: 9

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Otto's Multiversal Mayhem

Post by arcanus » Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:09 pm

Brick dust fills the tunnel as Otto rounds the junction, he fires the jolt into the man, however the older gentleman face grows further ashen and his breathing diminished to a mere faint hiss.

<I aint able to produce a fackin chamical analysis without you getting to some kind of laboratory>
<Almost forgot Facknuts!>

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Otto's Multiversal Mayhem

Post by arcanus » Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:21 pm

<ANG on a minute I've got an idea> Otto mentally hears Sting blur into the Ethernet once more.

User avatar
Otto
Solo
Solo
Posts: 248
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:28 am

Re: Otto's Multiversal Mayhem

Post by Otto » Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:48 am

<Fire away then.> he says to Sting.
Are we clear of the sewer yet?
Otto looks at the poisoned man with extreme concern.

Diagnosis of 12

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Re: Otto's Multiversal Mayhem

Post by arcanus » Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:46 pm

Arcanus wrote:Your clear of that length of tunnel and now turned into a new branch.
Arcanus wrote:The man is showing signs of asphyxiation.

User avatar
Otto
Solo
Solo
Posts: 248
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:28 am

Re: Otto's Multiversal Mayhem

Post by Otto » Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:24 pm

'Which way?' He calls out to anyone who can hear him, not knowing where they have gone.

Otto sets the injured man down, hoping to use the lull in the pursuit to help him.
Biology of 14
First Aid of 8
Otto removes his rebreather and places it on the mans face.

<What's your idea then?> he pulses Sting.

'Stay with me fella, you're going to be fine' he says as he begins his ministrations.

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Otto's Multiversal Mayhem

Post by arcanus » Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:50 am

Otto's Pursuant Sight scans the man identifying a high level of toxins running through his system, although his lungs are clearing with the breather, his blood is toxifying.

A man staggers back along the tunnel "Guv'ner, its this way" he says gesturing along the tunnel which declines at a gradient.

Otto finds himself momentarily distracted as distantly and Etherically he hears what sounds like the sounds of battle.

User avatar
Otto
Solo
Solo
Posts: 248
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:28 am

Re: Otto's Multiversal Mayhem

Post by Otto » Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:12 pm

Surgeon roll of 12, First Aid of 9

Is there anything I can do to help this man?
<What is that etheric chatter Sting? Sounds like conflict?>

'Only one of me, and so much to do!' He thinks, as he attempts to corrolate and peice together the reams of information running through his head.
Computer Roll of 7 : Attempt to defragment all of the data I have gleaned, to give me a better chance of formulatimg a plan. E.g. bulletpoints. (An elaborate for of an Intelligence check!) :D
Otto follows where he is directed, as he staggers, strains and fights for the mans life etherically.
Question: Could I operate on both the etheric plane and the physical plane simultaneously? :wink:

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Re: Otto's Multiversal Mayhem

Post by arcanus » Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:38 pm

Arcanus wrote:His survival depends on you somehow flushing his blood of the toxin.
<What is that etheric chatter Sting? Sounds like conflict?>
No answer returns from Sting, instead the protracted sounds of battle.
Question: Could I operate on both the etheric plane and the physical plane simultaneously? :wink:
Running quick calculations Otto theorises that he could operate simultaneously, however his cerebral functions will be under strain and it will fatigue him.

User avatar
Otto
Solo
Solo
Posts: 248
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:28 am

Re: Otto's Multiversal Mayhem

Post by Otto » Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:37 pm

As Otto struggles after the others, he will take a sample of blood from the man, through a needle that pushes out from a compartment at the end of his index finger. It draws the blood into an analysis reservoir which is located in a hermetically sealed compartment in his thumb nail.

'Oy! Fella! Look after him.' He calls to the helpful man, and hands him over.

'Keep 'im safe. I'm going to save him.' He announces as he strides on.

Otto then brings his thumb close to his eye, and touches his nail to his eyeball.

I am attempting an etheric microscopic transformation of the toxic elements of the blood, to create an antidote/inoculation to the black smoke!

'I'm going to try and save us all!' He mutters to himself grimly.
Not dissimilar to what we successfully did for Amdea

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Otto's Multiversal Mayhem

Post by arcanus » Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:25 pm

From the recesses of Otto's cranial database an old arcane program awoke, a pinprick of purple light flared within his eye.

A strange distant memory seemed to tumble around within his memory as the protocol activated and his Aetheric senses seemed to both expand and then shrink, ALIBI 'What on Xert is that' he thought somewhat distractedly.
As if entering hyperspace his senses raced forwards into the purple light.

As he blinked and orientated his Aethereal self he found himself to be floating within a pastiche of blood web spiders web, surrounded by a globulous mix of gloopy bluish white jelly.

User avatar
Otto
Solo
Solo
Posts: 248
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:28 am

Re: Otto's Multiversal Mayhem

Post by Otto » Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:04 pm

Arcane Science of 9
Health of 8
Otto's reels, as his mind struggles to orientate with the complete change of his environment and in fact plane of existence.
Surgeon of 14 : I will attempt to identify the black smoke. I will not engage it, but observe.
The plan is to try and neutralise it, and then create an innoculation from this sample. I will then replicate the serum.
I will also attempt to devise so way to able to produce the 'White Smoke' which I will attach to the war machine I downed (if it is there!)
What is the time ratio compared to the 'real' world?

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Otto's Multiversal Mayhem

Post by arcanus » Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:06 pm

Otto's senses fluctuate sweeping the strange gelatinous landscape, as his cranialware struggles to interpret the new data he begins to pick out dark bruised threads running through the red spiderweb masses.

The threads appear to unpleasantly writhe almost serpent like, their tips seeming to disrupt, even break down the surrounding white fluid.
GM wrote:Time is hard to distinguish, you think it probably concordant.

User avatar
Otto
Solo
Solo
Posts: 248
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:28 am

Re: Otto's Multiversal Mayhem

Post by Otto » Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:58 pm

The threads appear to unpleasantly writhe almost serpent like, their tips seeming to disrupt, even break down the surrounding white fluid.
Surgeon of 16
Are there any remaining white blood cells in this sample? As they act a defence mechanism to toxins etc, my plan is to gather them and use them to assist in neutralising (if not destroying) this toxin.

Otto would be aiming to neutralise the toxin, as this should produce, or assist in producing an antidote/innoculation.
Surgeon of 13
Arcane Sciences 16
I will generate an enzyme which will draw the white blood cells to me, this should up my attack perameters.

I would like to generate some form of electrostaic bolt which will antagonise the toxin so it stops attacking the red cells and concentrate on Otto and his sheild of attacking white blood cells!

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Otto's Multiversal Mayhem

Post by arcanus » Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:57 pm

Otto begins to make sense of the jelly like fluid state around him, the spiders web of red are the red cells, while the white globes the white cells. As he examines this he understands, the worm like tendrils boring through the white cells.

He winces as some form of electrostatic pulse conduces across the fluid, and the world seems to momentarily contract

'That can't be good' he thinks, as he reorientates his Voltiac Coil.

User avatar
Otto
Solo
Solo
Posts: 248
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:28 am

Re: Otto's Multiversal Mayhem

Post by Otto » Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:40 pm

Otto Wrote:
I would like to generate some form of electrostaic bolt which will antagonise the toxin so it stops attacking the red cells and concentrate on Otto and his sheild of attacking white blood cells!
Arcanus Wrote:
He winces as some form of electrostatic pulse conduces across the fluid, and the world seems to momentarily contract

'That can't be good' he thinks, as he reorientates his Voltiac Coil.
Surgeon, Arcane Sciences: 11 & 14 : Does Otto know a way of gaining the toxins attention?
Also, have I managed to drag the white blood cells to me? Or if not, I want to invest some of my power in giving the white cells more life to assist me in my endeavours. This may in fact attract the toxin to me.

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Otto's Multiversal Mayhem

Post by arcanus » Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:47 pm

A field opens around Otto, pulsating and sending ripples out through the fluid.

As the emanations send waves out, he see's the white cells begin to coalesce around the field.

The tendril like forms writhe in the cells direction, but don't pursue, staying within the cells they've already infected.

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Otto's Multiversal Mayhem

Post by arcanus » Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:27 pm

For knowledge itself is power.
-Francis Bacon

Every world had an Aetheric plane, however the reality was that most inhabitants were completely shut off or eternally ignorant of its existence.
The plane was formed by a variety of conditions although the presence of magic or mana was actually not one of the prerequisites contrary to learned thought.
No it was actually about a convergence of radio waves, telegraphs, the internet and other esoteric forms of either mechanical or electrical communication or knowledge.

Mystics had pointed out the similarities between the Aetheric plane and the legendary Akashic Records, the Memory of God.
Sting had been born in Von Weirdigans programming matrix, originally an integrated part of the Mechanists Chimera Netform, however over the years he had been coded with independence, his entire being woven from the darker, melancholy side of Otto’s personality.
Although the Aetheric Plane was rarely shaped by any conscious thought or effort, it was populated by random creations, phantasms fabricated by that same convergence of knowledge.

However this Worldlines Aetheric plane had been invaded or infected by Alien presences, the invaders had unintentionally imposed spidery amalgamations of lobster red squid like flesh and iron mechanical limbs, their bodies resembled a ribbed snail like shell cast of extraterrean origin.
Beams of sizzling heat criss-crossed the sepia space, lines of ornate umbra script were disintegrated, several beams struck Stings metallic hide, inducing bellows of outrage and pain.
The alien abominations scrambled across the surface of the behemoth like structure that Sting Assailed, a thing that looked like a smudged mass of metal not unlike an enormous crabs shell.

He surged forwards darting between several beams, flicking around a tentacle attack and sank his fangs deep into the construct, his form was bleeding code at a prodigious rate, time was against him.
The construct spasmed as he swung it around and into the direct path of its alien brothers, he would have snarled had his maw not have been full, he accelerated pulling the Aetheric medium around himself and charging at the huge form.
He aimed for a cluster of the constructs, smashing his struggling cargo into their midst and initiating an explosion of Aether, the blinding pulse dissipating he weakly slithered into the newly formed hole.

Summoning his last reserves of strength he bore through its internal workings ripping the chaotic mass of electrical cables and clockwork mechanics, until he found its core.
Otto’s disdain filled him as he looked upon the pulsing brain like organism sat within its technological cradle, alien words and language riddled the surrounding Aether.

From a place a long way away, Otto’s muffled voice spoke <What is that etheric chatter Sting? Sounds like conflict?>
<That would be right Facknuts, conflict> he hissed, his form shuddering seemed to phase from existence, <Not a lot of time left facknuts>

He allowed his Code to unravel, he had been careful to protect his communication node which he now revealed and activated firing a link back through the Aether, encryption complete, the link was established.

He snarled hearing the constructs clambering down the passage he’d bored, he coiled and then surged forwards sinking his fangs deep into the brain and started to transmit, as his code began to complete is deconstruction.

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Otto's Multiversal Mayhem

Post by arcanus » Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:41 pm

The Langham Hotel, Portland Place – The Ruins of London - 1900
From a suite upon the 6th floor the watcher looked out across the smoking skyline of London, up Portland Place and across to Regents Park.
The luxurious suite complete with its own fireplace and tiger skin rug was in stark contrast to the horror outside, although Portland Place had escaped any visible damage its adjoining and far more famous neighbour Regents street had extensive damage inflicted by the tripods assault.
Chimney stacks and roof sections smashed by tentacles, buildings gutted by the deathly caress of the invaders heat beams, human and animal carcasses rotting upon the cobbles brought down by the Black Smoke.

Dressed in his tweed suite, riding breeches, knee length socks and stout walking boots the man cut a dashing figure, his auburn hairs wept across his brow and cut short sides and back.
He tapped a cigarette on his silver case, lighting it and inhaled thoughtfully, his blue eyes capturing every detail of the Armageddon outside.
“Almost time to go!” interrupted a southern states drawl from behind him, he didn’t turn merely nodding his acknowledgement
“Penny a for em” his guardian added, counting out yet another hand of solitaire

“I was just thinking how incredible this all is” he replied in his upper class oxford accent
“A dare say a little morbid, don’t’cha think!”
“No, not all the death and destruction, which by the way is truly truly horrible, no it’s the opportunity to see it, the scale of Armageddon, its quite sobering really”
“Shoot” grumbled the American, having lost his hand, with one deft swipe of his hand he collected his cards, absently picking up his tarot deck laid neatly to once side on a venetian print footstool.
He brushed down his confederate grey slacks and frock coat, smoothed his goatee beard and finally straightened his Stetson “Time ta go!” he drawled
“I say isn’t that a yankee hat” the Englishman observed having finally turned away from his window, the American have him a hard look
“My mistake” the Englishman smiled, his guardian continued his hard stare and pointedly gestured towards the door
Reluctantly the toff pulled himself from the window and strode towards the bedroom where his travel bag awaited, he picked up his luggage and frowned as a slight movement from his breast pocket made him start.
He produced an ornate glass vial, sheathed in an elaborate golden filigree, floating within an thick silvery liquid was a green shoot.
A bud upon the shoot rapidly opened revealing a pure white flower, the liquid glittering.

“God almighty c’mon” hollered the American
The toff appeared a serious look upon his face “What” demanded the American impatiently
“Another Other is here!”
The guardian looked doubtful before finally answering “So, we gotta look after our own skins”
“I cannot in all good conscience leave another traveler to such a dire fate”
The guardian threw up his hands and looked heavenward “Am surely cursed with some form o saint”
“Quite so and don’t even consider some rapscallion knockout blow to render me immobile” the toff chided
“However don’t stay on my account old bean, I’ll handle this”
“Yeah right, your protection is a matter o honor, folks at the club would be less than impressed”
“Jolly good, this should be a bit of a jape”
The American gave him a sour look and moved to the window, surveying the scene of destruction
“We aint got a pacel load o time, so lets get his done, our door home won’t last forever!”
Having outfitted himself with a sturdy coat, satchel and flask the toff smiled his annoyingly infectious smile “Tally ho”

User avatar
Otto
Solo
Solo
Posts: 248
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:28 am

Re: Otto's Multiversal Mayhem

Post by Otto » Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:22 pm

A field opens around Otto, pulsating and sending ripples out through the fluid.

As the emanations send waves out, he see's the white cells begin to coalesce around the field.

The tendril like forms writhe in the cells direction, but don't pursue, staying within the cells they've already infected.
'Well.' Otto thinks. 'This will have to do!'

Otto will attempt to gain an integral link with the surviving blood cells which are surrounding him, and empower their ability to attack diseases. Basically using his power and knowledge to defeat the black smoke chemical! From this, (as the white blood cells normally would do) make the poison inert.

And from that chemical reaction, generate the innoculation.

The white cells will move, satellite-like around the etheric form of Chimera
Weird Science 11
Surgeon 14
Biology 9

User avatar
Otto
Solo
Solo
Posts: 248
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:28 am

Re: Otto's Multiversal Mayhem

Post by Otto » Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:32 pm

Further to the last. Otto will assimilate a healthy white blood cell into his etheric persona. From this he will gain an intimate knowledge in how it works.

When the attack begins, Otto will then assimilate an infected cell into his persona, and with the same method previously mentioned and with the combined (hopefully) might of the now super white blood cells we'll stand a fighting chance!

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Re: Otto's Multiversal Mayhem

Post by arcanus » Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:03 pm

The white cells float towards Chimera forming a loose bubble, the serpent like threads loom closer expanding to encircle him.

An arcane formula counts down within Chimeras cranialware and his organic brain, a complex infusion of arcane scientific equations and magical threads, drawing on the Xerts knowledge of biology, he silently thanked and cursed the old buffoon Professor Siegfried Wilderbeast Wanderloon in University.

The formula manifests as a silvery aura that radiates outwards enveloping the white cells, each pulses with energy, gorging upon their new found powers.

Satisfied that the empowerment has successfully been absorbed, Chimera leans forward and swallows one of the cells adding to his system, the first test arises as the mass of thread tendrils flicks forward en mass slamming into the white bubble, hissing in painful frustration as the white cells repel them.

User avatar
Otto
Solo
Solo
Posts: 248
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:28 am

Re: Otto's Multiversal Mayhem

Post by Otto » Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:16 pm

<Right!> He braces mentally. <Now for it!>

As the tendrils strike, Otto/Chimera will attempt to trap them. The white blood cells when touched, will suddenly burst open like a multitude of sea Anemones with their own tendrils, which wrap around the toxin. It will look like Chimera has changed into some strange sea horse like being!

At the same time, with the infected cell that Chimera has ingested, he will trap and hold the cell in its throat.

Otto will then intensify the positive energy formula and send the resulting shockwaves into the attacking snared, infected cells.

He will be monitoring all changes/metamorphoses that begin.

Weird Science 15

Biology 9

Computer Use 7

<Have a taste of this fuckers!> he snarls.

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Re: Otto's Multiversal Mayhem

Post by arcanus » Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:50 am

Chimeras form morphs to that of a facsimile of Otto wearing an ornate deep sea diving suit, his gloved fingers glowing orbs of bluish white energy.
Like a conductor raising his orchestra to crescendo he swings his arms wide and then gestures in an aggressive thrust the white cells blooming, and enlarging themselves to envelope the blackish threads.
Battle ensues Otto monitoring the attack and counter attack until at the critical juncture he infuses his super-cells with a fresh burst of positive energy, the anemone like cells consume the threads, each blackish strand struggling but then turned white in defeat.

Chimera watches as the expanse before him seems to flush and turn a healthy white.

User avatar
Otto
Solo
Solo
Posts: 248
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:28 am

Re: Otto's Multiversal Mayhem

Post by Otto » Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:04 pm

Have I been successful?

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Re: Otto's Multiversal Mayhem

Post by arcanus » Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:26 pm

A strange sense of dislocation grips Chimeras as its digital senses push back to those of Otto Von Weirdigan.

Blinking the white away, digital lines fade as shades of gloom and grey take over, his medical scans reveal the stricken man lying within the damp sewer to have been purged of the poison, however his heart is very weak.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest