Otto's Multiversal Mayhem

Details and a record of the characters exploits, successes and failures within the Parallel Worlds.

Moderators: arcanus, Otto

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Otto's Multiversal Mayhem

Post by arcanus » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:57 am

“Suddenly, like a thing falling upon me from without, came fear.”
― H.G. Wells, The War of the Worlds


Two blinding flashes of electrical power retort from the pistol, the mechanical fowl stumbles and slides as the blasts punish its frame.
The automaton wobbles and collapses, although its tendrils stilll lash around and it attempts to get back on it feet.

The Black Smoke floods the back alley, Otto quickly pulls his spare breather on but not before the back of this throat burns.
Arcanus wrote:2 points of damage.
Above him the house starts to groan, as the slate upon its roof now literally melts beneath the onslaught.

<YOU'VE PISSED THEM OFF NOW> roars Sting, as chaotic gibberick chatter floods the airwaves, distantly Otto thinks he can hear screams.

User avatar
Otto
Solo
Solo
Posts: 248
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:28 am

Re: Otto's Multiversal Mayhem

Post by Otto » Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:21 pm

<NOW IS NOT THE TIME!> he shouts mentally to Sting as he disengages the disc and drops the remaining two feet to the ground.

'Keep your head down girl!' he bellows above the din, as he now lifts her up and runs the gauntlet of whirling black death and chaos of the invaders advance.

Behind them, the house finally surrendered to the beam weapons assault. Under the intense heat, the building almost poured into the street with red hot bricks exploding into lethal fragments which thudded into Otto's retreating back.

Otto emitted a bestial growl of pain, but maintained his breakneck pace.

<Conduct a test of the chemical I have ingested, clean up this bloody signal, work out what the hell that chatter is all about, I heard screams. Report back in thirty minutes in an encrypted 5 second code burst. Maintain radio silence. Message ends.> Otto orders Sting rapidly.
As he dashes headlong for safety, he will be looking for drainage ducts or anything that could act as an escape route. Where possible, he will go through the houses as he has done before.

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Otto's Multiversal Mayhem

Post by arcanus » Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:29 pm

<Yes SAAA> digitally bellows Sting
Arcanus wrote:You spot a manhole cover in the shadows of the back alley.

User avatar
Otto
Solo
Solo
Posts: 248
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:28 am

Re: Otto's Multiversal Mayhem

Post by Otto » Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:48 pm

(22:00:37) Otto: The Xert's hair and clothes began to singe and smoke as the searing heat of the now burning street threatened to engulf him and the child.

(22:04:15) Otto: Suddenly, as it seemed that the whirling smoke laced with flying glass and stone would kill them both, Otto spotted a manhole cover.

(22:06:26) Otto: Dashing up to it he set the girl down. 'Curl up in a ball lav!' he shouted. 'It'll be ok!' he added, barely beleiving it himself as he reached down to try and open it.

(22:06:35) Otto: Strength roll:

(22:06:46) ChatBot: Otto rolls 3d6 and gets 4,5,5.

(22:07:23) arcanus: A horrendous cacophany of tortured sound struck Otto, molten brickwork, timber and the shattering of glass greeted the tripod as it began to stride through the remnants of the Victorian houses

(22:08:49) Otto: Through all the chaos, the small insistent and ominous chirp of digital sound rang in Otto's ears.

(22:09:23) Otto: <Rebreather system filters failing, please insert a new filter >

(22:10:03) Otto: 'Fer Fuck sake!' He roared.

(22:12:46) arcanus: Initially the circular steel cover resisted, years of grit and dirt sealing it shut. Arcane power shunted through his biomechanical arms, his fingers digging into the metal, twisting and starting to haul the cover out.

(22:13:32) Otto: The arm of his coat suddenly flared into fire, and his effort of will kept him set on the task of the cover.

(22:14:27) arcanus: Further Strength roll?

(22:15:28) Otto: 'Arghhhh!' he screamed in bestial fury as the pain became almost unendurable. The veins pulsed in his neck and face as he heaved.

(22:15:40) ChatBot: Otto rolls 3d6 and gets 2,2,2.

(22:15:44) arcanus: "Ooooh No" whimpered the girl as the metal crab like canopy loomed over the crumbling rooftops

(22:19:37) arcanus: The stonework rim of surrounding the cover, creaked and cobbles started to break away, a panicked glance told Otto that the tripod had seen them, masonry exploded as a camera like appendage smashed through the upper floor of the house, pointing down into the back alley

(22:22:44) Otto: Otto will activate his etheric link and lock on to the tripod machine. He will attempt an etheric scream at it.

(22:23:04) arcanus: Arcane Science roll?

(22:23:55) Otto: If this is successful (or has a positive reaction) he will attempt to break into the actual subsystem of whatever it is!

(22:24:03) ChatBot: Otto rolls 3d6 and gets 2,5,5.

(22:24:19) ChatBot: arcanus rolls 3d6 and gets 6,4,2.

(22:26:48) Otto: Otto, realising he's on fire tears off his jacket.

(22:27:51) arcanus: The tripod staggers, a haze of heat flashes off target striking the opposite rooftops and setting them alight.

(22:28:31) arcanus: The girl screams as a red tendril whips through the Black Smoke and coils around her arm

(22:30:35) Otto Otto will grasp the red tendril, insulating the part that is touching the girl from the electric shock that his Voltaic Coil creates!

(22:31:56) Otto: Did he get a glimpse of anything when he fired the scream at the tripod?

(22:33:15) arcanus: Arcane Science roll?

(22:34:14) arcanus: His comms are filled by further screaming gibberish, however this time it sounds panicked and scared

(22:34:57) ChatBot: Otto rolls 3d6 and gets 2,4,3.

(22:36:45) Otto: <JUST YOU WAIT YOU CUNTS, I'M CAMIN' FOR YOU!> he bellowed with etheric feedback.

(22:37:34) ChatBot: arcanus rolls 3d6 and gets 6,6,1.

(22:39:24) Otto His gloved hand will administer its full power and crush down on the tendril as the electrical power flows into it. With his other hand he draws his pistol from the shoulder holster and attempts to sight the robot through the smoke and debris.

(22:39:32) Otto: Spot:

(22:39:39) ChatBot: Otto rolls 3d6 and gets 6,4,4.

(22:39:54) arcanus: The tripod swings precariously, its cowl slicing through the charred remnants of the rooftop

(22:40:54) arcanus: The alley way filled with the vicious Black Smoke, he can't pinpoint the robot

(22:41:17) arcanus: A further tendril wraps around his arm

(22:42:34) Otto: 'Yahhhhhhh!' The voltiac power runs through his tortured body as he empties the remainder of the ammo clip in desperation into the smoke between the two tendrils hoping that it is the same machine.

(22:42:55) Otto: Is there any effect from the electricity?

(22:43:21) Otto: Pistol:
(22:43:27) ChatBot: Otto rolls 3d6 and gets 3,1,4.

(22:43:51) arcanus: Damage

(22:44:05) ChatBot: Otto rolls 5d6 and gets 5,2,4,5,3.

(22:44:26) Otto: plus any multipliers for explosive heads?

(22:47:56) arcanus: The tendrils slacken, as the volts surge through, a dull thump and Otto notices a rank fluid run along the cobbles, immediately after he's the fired the shots into the smoke

(22:48:39) Otto: 'Yesss, you fuckers! You can die too! Ha ha ha!' he roars with bloodlust and rage as he quickly turns and takes this fury out on the drain cover.

(22:48:34) arcanus: As this occurs the manhole cover gives in, tearing free

(22:50:12) Otto: 'Get in!' He shouts at the girl as a large fragment of flying glass scores a deep cut in his cheek.

(22:52:27) Otto: Reeling from the shock of the situation he shuts down his etheric link and dives after the girl into the manhole.

(22:53:44) Otto: He then attempts to drag the 'thing' by the tendril that he is still holding onto after him.

(22:57:04) Otto: 'Got to find out what these things are, damn the consequences' he thought grimly.

(23:01:16) arcanus: Climbing down into the smelly but oddly welcoming sewer, the carnage above seems to fade away.

(23:02:54) Otto: Did he manage to drag the thing down with him?

(23:04:08) arcanus: The wreckage of the robot tumbles down into the sewer with a tug, its oval head cracked by significant bullet damage and discharging a rank fluid

(23:05:14) Otto: Otto will attempt to replace the manhole cover if possible.

(23:05:49) Otto: Is the thing dead?

(23:10:19) arcanus: You manage to drag the cover back over, closing off any light

(23:10:30) arcanus: Yes, the automaton appears dead

(23:13:25) Otto: Otto pulls out a torch, turns it on and tosses it to the girl. 'Here.' he says bluntly as his eyes emit a faint bluish hue (darkvision) as he stares intently but swiftly over the automaton.

(23:14:07) Otto pulls out a syringe and takes blood/fluid samples of it.

(23:14:29) Otto: Biotechnology:

(23:14:35) ChatBot: Otto rolls 3d6 and gets 6,2,3.

(23:14:44) Otto: Robotics

(23:14:50) ChatBot: Otto rolls 3d6 and gets 1,6,1.

(23:16:13) Otto: Replacing the syringe in the box, he produces a scalpel and proceeds to take samples of the living elements of it.

(23:16:40) Otto: Surgery:

(23:16:48) ChatBot: Otto rolls 3d6 and gets 1,5,3.

(23:17:14) arcanus: The girl looks mystified at the torch, drawing some of the fluid from its cavity, he then proceeds to remove samples, a quick assessment indicates a cybernetic organism

(23:17:52) Otto: Any familiar traits to humanoids?

(23:20:15) Otto: Is there a CPU to the cyborg?

(23:22:14) arcanus: The cranial matter could be humanoid, you can't identify anything that looks like a CPU

(23:23:44) Otto: Otto will attempt to remove the CPU of the 'brain' then.

(23:23:48) Otto: Surgery:

(23:23:56) ChatBot: Otto rolls 3d6 and gets 6,5,2.

(23:24:50) arcanus: Will Roll?

(23:24:58) Otto: What about a robotic/electronic CPU?

(23:25:07) Otto: Willpower:

(23:25:12) ChatBot: Otto rolls 3d6 and gets 4,2,1.

(23:26:55) Otto: Otto begins to pant with the sheer physical and mental overload of the situation. Blood from his horribly gashed cheek begins to cake the shirt he is wearing although he seems to be oblivious to it.

(23:28:48) arcanus: The girl, whimpers as you crack the remains of the cranial shell, inside is the remains of an organic brain, you think this is the devices CPU

(23:30:25) arcanus: Looking across at the girl, you realise the situation before her, she’s standing in a dark sewer, with a strange man who’s caked in blood and is performing an autopsy on a strange being that was only a moment ago trying to kill her.

User avatar
Otto
Solo
Solo
Posts: 248
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:28 am

Re: Otto's Multiversal Mayhem

Post by Otto » Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:53 pm

Otto suddenly pauses from his frantic, obsessive and bloody investigation and realises that he has another problem to deal with.

Trying to catch his breath he attempts to console the girl.

'Its ok lav, it's all over for now. But we can't stay here for too long.' his purposefully soft voice echoes metallically in the sewer as he reaches out to the girl with a consoling hand but checks himself when he realises they are gloved in gore from the cyborg.

He swiftly grabs the tendril of the automaton and drags the reamains of it out of the girls eyesight, he then attempts to wipe off the majority of the blood off his hands.

He swears softly to himself as he finally registers the injury to his face. He tears off a strip of his shirt and dabs at it.

'How's your wrist?' he turns from his task and asks bluntly, but with an attempt at a conversational tone (as is his way), hoping to gain a modicum of trust from the girl.
Charisma: 8

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Otto's Multiversal Mayhem

Post by arcanus » Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:15 pm

Her breath rasping heavily through her breather from exertion, the girl looks at Otto warily

Also looking warily at the remains of the automaton rather unsubtly hidden behind Otto, before replying "Its not too bad"

The pair are jolted by the impact of masonry landing on the man hole cover.

User avatar
Otto
Solo
Solo
Posts: 248
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:28 am

Re: Otto's Multiversal Mayhem

Post by Otto » Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:15 pm

'Well, that sorts out the danger of any unwanted visitors from that way!' he whispered as he removed the still chirping rebreather from his mouth. With a flick of a switch the alert was silenced.

'I hope to hell that there is another way out of this place.' he thought with a quick stab of worry as he looked around his and the girls new environment.

The large, well made red brick circular sewer in some strange way gave Otto some comfort and security, however he knew that this was by no means a safe place. There was a strange iron like smell in the air, and even stranger, none of the smells that were attributable to a normal sewer. Either it was unused works or the alternative answer was even more un-nerving.

Otto de-activated his vision enhancement, and the dimness of the sewer fell on him like a velvet blanket with only the torch the girl had to light it.

'Take that rebreather off lav.' he says kindly, giving the automaton a derisive back heel which makes it rattle and slide out of eyeshot.

'As I said before, you might not remember, my names Otto.' he offered his hand to the girl.

'Who are you?' he asked.
Charisma: 10

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Otto's Multiversal Mayhem

Post by arcanus » Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:07 pm

The gloom closed in upon the pair, the girls face illuminated only by the torch.

A little more confidently she removed the breather, coughed as she drew in the stale air, rubbed her eyes and finally replied
"Olivia, my names Olivia"

User avatar
Otto
Solo
Solo
Posts: 248
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:28 am

Re: Otto's Multiversal Mayhem

Post by Otto » Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:24 pm

'Pleased to meet you.' he replies. He dropped his un shook hand down and attempts but fails to brush off the grime, blood and dust off his shirt.

'Now the next question is albiet a strange one.' He looked up keenly at Olivia.

'Where are we? And what year and date is it?' he asks.
Psychology of 11: I will check to see if she's lying in any of her responses. You can't be too careful as spies can take all shapes and sizes.
'Lets just say I have been imprisoned for a long time, but I'm no criminal' he explained and reassured her.

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Otto's Multiversal Mayhem

Post by arcanus » Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:05 am

Panic and fear were the overriding emotions ruling Olivia's head, however a moment of very adult clarity swept over her.
'What a silly man' she thought, 'He must think I'm stupid' her eyes narrowed

Nether the less she was stuck in a sewer with him and he had saved her life
"Its 1898 sir, I'm sorry sir I don't know the date!"

(She betrays no signs of lying or deception)

As Ottos eyes grew accustomed to the gloom, his eyes were drawn up the pipe they stood in where it met in a T-shape cross section.
Beyond on the parallel walls of the connected tunnel, he could see small signs of movement.

User avatar
Otto
Solo
Solo
Posts: 248
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:28 am

Re: Otto's Multiversal Mayhem

Post by Otto » Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:33 pm

Otto raised his fingers to his lips and then gestured her to stay still as he strained to hear the ominous sounds.

He stepped up to her and whispered 'We can't stay here.'

He quickly reloaded his automatic pistol, and then moved very slowly up the tunnel from where it seemed the sounds were coming from.
He will set the weapon to silenced mode Magery 15
Listen roll of 10

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Otto's Multiversal Mayhem

Post by arcanus » Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:46 pm

Wherever there was a stream the red weed clung and grew with frightening voraciousness, its claw-like fronds choking the movement of the water.
And then it began to creep like a slimy red animal across the land covering field and ditch and tree and hedgerow with living scarlet feelers, crawling, crawling.

The Red Weed - Jeff Wayne

Cautiously Otto advanced up the sewer tunnel, reaching the intersection he was greeted by a faint reddish glow.

The main tunnel trench although still filled with water, now had a large writhing red mass dominating it.

Smaller tendrils had branched out starting to bore through the terrestrial green lichen covering the brick tunnel.

User avatar
Otto
Solo
Solo
Posts: 248
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:28 am

Re: Otto's Multiversal Mayhem

Post by Otto » Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:05 pm

'What on fuckin' Xertherus is that?' he muttered uneasily to himself as he saw the tendrils pulsating and heaving slowly up the sewer.

It was almost like the blood of the slain had been animated, and the death and agonies of the humans had somehow manifested into this horrid crimson ichor. The spirits of mankind finally subjugated into a terrifying living offal like compost, or so his vivid imagination pictured it.

He stepped back swiftly to the girl, a rare sensation gripping his stomach which was threatening to grow; fear.

'What the heck is that?!' he exclaimed to the girl as he pointed up the sewer with his pistol to highlight his question.

'And what the hell has happened to this place?!' he rounded on the girl with wide eyes that demanded answers.

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Otto's Multiversal Mayhem

Post by arcanus » Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:36 pm

Somewhat fearfully Olivia, looked at her feet "I don't know sir, my father said a canister had landed upon some common, then the things appeared, everyone fled towards the river" with that her composure slips and she begins to sob.

"Now everyone's dead" she blubs

As Otto considers her words, a renewed blast of screaming reaches his digital ears

User avatar
Otto
Solo
Solo
Posts: 248
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:28 am

Re: Otto's Multiversal Mayhem

Post by Otto » Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:47 pm

'I'm sorry Olivia, don't cry.' Otto holsters his pistol and awkwardly attempts to console the girl by ruffling her hair.

'I must be strong for her.' He thinks with a conviction that helps to bolster his own courage.

'It's just a bit of a shock for me.' He finished lamely as he looked around, considering what to do next.

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Otto's Multiversal Mayhem

Post by arcanus » Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:16 pm

Otto wrote:<Conduct a test of the chemical I have ingested, clean up this bloody signal, work out what the hell that chatter is all about, I heard screams.
Report back in thirty minutes in an encrypted 5 second code burst. Maintain radio silence. Message ends.> Otto orders Sting rapidly.
Code burst, transmission passlock id confirmed, receive!
Automatic protocols cycled through Otto's Cranialware, before Stings coarse verbatim struck him

<CHEMICAL ANALYSIS INDICATES A FAST ACTING RESPIRATORY TOXIN, RESULTING IN CARDIAC ARREST AND BRAIN ANEURYSM>
<SIGNAL IS FACKIN DIFFICULT AS LITTLE IN THE WAY OF FACKIN RADIO IN THIS DUMP>
<CHATTER IS THEM TALKIN, THEY'VE CORNERED LOADS OF HUMANS DOWN BY THE RIVER>
<GOTTA TO BE MESSY, GOOD ENOUGH FOR YA FACKNUTS>

Olivia hugs Otto, seeking comfort, his spectral vision showing her levels of strength diminishing, her injury undoubtedly draining her.

User avatar
Otto
Solo
Solo
Posts: 248
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:28 am

Re: Otto's Multiversal Mayhem

Post by Otto » Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:32 pm

<It is adequate.> he pulses to Sting <Keep me informed and any updates, and vary your etheric frequencies when contacting me.>

‘I don’t know if I can help anyone at all!’ he thought with a growing sense of dread and helplessness.

Not unkindly, he removed himself from her embrace. ‘Now, let us have a look at that wrist.’ His voice sounded a little choked but his face betrayed no sign of emotion as he gently took Olivia’s hand and scanned it with his vision enhancements.
Computer of 7 (X-ray scan)
‘Now don’t be alarmed. This is something that can help you get better.’ He took a multi analyser out of his battered suit inside pocket and showed it to the girl.

‘I need to get a small sample of your blood, it won’t hurt and it will just feel like a scratch.’ He said.

‘You have trusted me so far, do you still trust me?’ he asked her.

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Re: Otto's Multiversal Mayhem

Post by arcanus » Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:22 pm

Otto wrote:<It is adequate.> he pulses to Sting <Keep me informed and any updates, and vary your etheric frequencies when contacting me.>
<ADEQUATE, ADEQUATE YOU FACKIN IRRITANT> roars Sting
Otto wrote:‘I don’t know if I can help anyone at all!’ he thought with a growing sense of dread and helplessness.
<You know I don't care anything for these useless meat sacks, but get a grip your the best chance they've got> he snarls

User avatar
Otto
Solo
Solo
Posts: 248
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:28 am

Re: Otto's Multiversal Mayhem

Post by Otto » Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:40 pm

<Yeah, you're right. But don't get to much of a swollen ego.... Monitor their etheric chatter, log every frequency they are using. I need lists of all them. Also, look into scrambling our etheric output, I don't want them to pin us down and stamp on us eh?>

Otto continues to X-ray Olivia's wrist and takes a blood sample from her.
What is the outcome of the X Ray?
He applies a spot of her blood to his multi scanner.
Biology of 12: What is the chemical agent doing to her, and is it treatable?
Computer of 14 to assist in Stings interrogations and cryptography
<Keep me up to date with whats happening by the river, I think its time we fucked them up> He snarls with a pent up fury that needs to be unleashed.

<Aw, 'an cheers.> He adds

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Otto's Multiversal Mayhem

Post by arcanus » Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:31 pm

A low growl rumbles from the digital darkness in which Sting resides <Yeah head for the river, fuck them up>
GM wrote:The chemical analysis reveals low levels of toxins in Olivia's bloodstream, however it is weakening her red and white blood cell count, leading to a lack of energy, slowing the healing of her wrist and increasing her chance of infection.
A simple thing to fix in terms of a basic antidote to flush the toxin, however you would need to acquire some basic chemicals.

User avatar
Otto
Solo
Solo
Posts: 248
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:28 am

Re: Otto's Multiversal Mayhem

Post by Otto » Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:33 pm

GM wrote:The chemical analysis reveals low levels of toxins in Olivia's bloodstream, however it is weakening her red and white blood cell count, leading to a lack of energy, slowing the healing of her wrist and increasing her chance of infection.
A simple thing to fix in terms of a basic antidote to flush the toxin, however you would need to acquire some basic chemicals.

What basic chemicals? Chemistry (or it's equivalent) of 15

<I need those frequencies and scramblers soon, otherwise we won't be able to do anything>
<Also I need to find out where in the Multiverse we are! Are there any terrestrial radio frequencies at all? Past, or present?
Start analysing the use of the Ethernet as a potential means of attacking these invaders. Computer of 9
'What is that red stuff?' Otto asks the girl in an attempt to keep her mind off her injuries as he continues his diagnostic checks on her.

Whilst he is doing all this he will also assemble the algorithms of Chimera, essentially reforming his etheric persona. Naturally he will not apply Sting yet as he is busy.
Max, how much real time has passed since the duo entered the sewer?

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Otto's Multiversal Mayhem

Post by arcanus » Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:24 am

Otto wrote:What basic chemicals? Chemistry (or it's equivalent) of 15
Arcanus wrote:Aloe Vera, Sulphur, Salt and chalk.

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Re: Otto's Multiversal Mayhem

Post by arcanus » Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:36 am

Otto wrote:<I need those frequencies and scramblers soon, otherwise we won't be able to do anything>
<Also I need to find out where in the Multiverse we are! Are there any terrestrial radio frequencies at all? Past, or present?
<Gettin a big fackin big for yer boots aren't ya> grumbles Sting

Data streams into Otto's cranial space, numerical frequencies, but the data reveals no radio transmissions, it occurs to Otto that in many Worlds he's visited radio and communications weren't developed until after internal combustion and even electronics.
Otto wrote:Start analysing the use of the Ethernet as a potential means of attacking these invaders. Computer of 9
Arcanus wrote:Make an Arcane Science roll?

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Re: Otto's Multiversal Mayhem

Post by arcanus » Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:48 am

Otto wrote:'What is that red stuff?' Otto asks the girl in an attempt to keep her mind off her injuries as he continues his diagnostic checks on her.

"I don't know sir, its horrible though makes me shudder just to look at it", distracted by her curiosity Olivia seems to perk up, her gaze not leaving the writhing red tendrils.
Otto wrote:Whilst he is doing all this he will also assemble the algorithms of Chimera, essentially reforming his etheric persona. Naturally he will not apply Sting yet as he is busy.
Arcanus wrote:Computer Programming roll?
GM wrote:About 5 minutes

User avatar
Otto
Solo
Solo
Posts: 248
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:28 am

Re: Otto's Multiversal Mayhem

Post by Otto » Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:29 pm

Computer Programming 17
Otto glances up from his ministrations and looks at the red organism.
Visual scan: Full spectrum of enhancements: 9
Do the tendrils appear to be intelligent? Or is it similar to a plant?

'Doesn't seem to want to attack us.' He says to put the girl at ease.
Have I been able to generate a map of sorts of what I have experienced so far? I.e. the streets, where the walking machine 'appeared' to fall etc? It would be interesting to see the machine and its inhabitant.
'When did all these events start?' he asks Olivia.

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Otto's Multiversal Mayhem

Post by arcanus » Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:31 pm

Mentally Chimera began to assemble within Otto's digital house of memory.

Olivia smiled at the encouragement then winced at her wrist, the Red plant didn't appear to be hostile just unsettling in its size and form, its biology vaguely familiar in terms of floral but different alien, clear indications to Otto that the plant was also an invader.

A digital map of the three streets visited opened within his minds eye, complete with plots for the War Machine.

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Otto's Multiversal Mayhem

Post by arcanus » Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:16 pm

GM wrote:To occurs to Otto that a sample of the Red plant would yield greater information.
GM wrote:Perception Roll (Hearing)?
"I remember my father saying something about a Landing at Horsell Common, wherever that is, that was but a few days ago" she says quietly her gaze falling sadly upon the floor

User avatar
Otto
Solo
Solo
Posts: 248
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:28 am

Re: Otto's Multiversal Mayhem

Post by Otto » Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:14 pm

'Don't worry. Everything is going to be fine.' he said with conviction.

'No Imperial force is going to get one over on OVW ever again!' he thought.
Perception of 11
Otto gestured to Olivia to be quiet.

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Otto's Multiversal Mayhem

Post by arcanus » Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:30 pm

Hunkering down in the shadows, Otto and Olivia waited and listened, at first Otto thought that his mind was playing tricks upon him.

But soon enough shadows fell across the larger tunnel, eerie shadows upon the red luminescence of the alien plant.

A motley gang of some 5 or 6 men crept into sight, each armed with knives, axes and makeshift spears, each possessing the look of desperation and lawlessness.

User avatar
Otto
Solo
Solo
Posts: 248
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:28 am

Re: Otto's Multiversal Mayhem

Post by Otto » Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:56 pm

Getting between Olivia and the men, Otto quickly draws his pistol and levels it at the oncoming men.

'Hold it!' he barks. 'One more move 'an someone gets a belly full of lead, and the next fool loses his brains!'
Intimidation of 14
Charge up the Voltiac Coil in glove mode.
How is the multitasking progressing?

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Otto's Multiversal Mayhem

Post by arcanus » Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:02 am

“Fear is a disease that eats away at logic and makes man inhuman.”
- Marian Anderson


The men flinch and their eyes dart around the gloom in both anger and fear, before their attention being drawn to Otto by the small curls of electricity winding up the Voltiac braces upon his left arm.
Olivia stifles a small gasp more at the Arcane Science than the threat.

Most hold their ground cowering before a braver soul snarls "Es an invader boys!"
Gm wrote:The assembly of Chimera is almost complete, however the analysis of the Etheric requires you to study the communication paths between the tripods visually.

User avatar
Otto
Solo
Solo
Posts: 248
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:28 am

Re: Otto's Multiversal Mayhem

Post by Otto » Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:59 pm

'Nice try fella.' he takes on an even more authoritative tone.

'But my Name is Ottovo Crivens, a Sergeant in the Secret Police Restricted Operations Group for the Ministry.'
Leadership of 11
Intimidation of 14

Expend a deed/good egg point 8)
Bluff of 9
Otto hopes that Olivia won't rumble him, as he would certainly like to prevent splashing this sewer with more red organic material!
'I'm here to help sort this mess out. And I need your help!'

He lowers his weapon.

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Otto's Multiversal Mayhem

Post by arcanus » Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:41 pm

The braver ones eyes narrow "German name!" and spits
"Ang on Sceritt, the Queen god bless er soul, wuz married to a German and e wuz a good sort!"
Sceritt turns and looks at the older chap, however he is greeted by the group almost standing to attention and each having removed their caps as a sign of respect.

A taller man who when speaking is immediately recognisable as of a more lofty sort " You say that the Ministry is endevouring to sort this mess out, how exactly are they to achieve this?"

Olivia remains silent moving behind Otto, in an attempt to remain hidden

User avatar
Otto
Solo
Solo
Posts: 248
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:28 am

Re: Otto's Multiversal Mayhem

Post by Otto » Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:19 pm

Otto gauges the situation and decides to brash it out with the limited information he has.

'Well Sir. due to a house falling on me, and trapping me in a basement on the night that Horsell Common was struck by the invaders, I am as you might say a little in the dark myself on the situation as I sustained a heavy blow to the head from what I am assuming was from the falling masonry of the building'.

Otto moves towards the men slowly, a show a gesture of trust on his behalf. 'Why would the fuckers want to try anything anyway? I have the firepower and the tech' he thought.

'I managed to crawl out of the wreckage this morning, and in the delerium of what was at the time memory loss I was greeted by this carnage and widespread destruction'.

'My memory returned in time, probably triggered by my predicament, but it seems I still have large gaps in remembering things, so forgive me if I seem out of touch with some things'. he smiled.

'The answer to your question is I don't know. But what I do know is that I'm not going to stay on the sidelines whilst these machines attempt to conquer our great city!' he uses the patriotism angle
Leadership of 15
He brings himself to attention.

'I have already started! Only ten minutes ago, I, with the help of Olivia here, at least crippled if not brought down one of their walking machines. It lies in the ruins above us, and I plan to recover it for investigation.

Without turning, he gestures to the metallic bloody wreck now slung against the sewer wall.

'And this gentlemen, is the remains of one of their scouting vehicles. Which had the misfortune to get in my iron sights.' he adds with the barely veiled menace of intent.

'But I need help. Olivia has sustained breathing problems from the invaders poison smoke, and I need to find chemicals to counteract it.'

He addresses the man who asked him the question directly 'The personal touch always helps' he thinks as he begins his closing speech.

'All I can say at present is that from my current investigations, of which I need time to conclude; that I may have found a weakness to the invaders which I could exploit to their extreme detriment!'

'I have also received intelligence that the invaders have trapped a large number of our people against the banks of the great river'
Otto assumes that it is a big river otherwise people wouldn't be trapped against it!
'And we need to get our heads together and help them!'

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Otto's Multiversal Mayhem

Post by arcanus » Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:22 am

The men seem a little shocked by the barrage of rhetoric that Otto delivers so succinctly.

Scerrit scowls, while the well spoken man steps forward "Well sir in that case you have our assistance, Herbert Wells at your service!"

The older of the men grumbles "Aye the river, most folk have fled their omes, the monsters ave herded em there, poor blighters, Ferries l never taken em all!"
"Thas if the ferries get away" says another from the back sadly

From deeper in the tunnels a series of clanking noises silences the group

User avatar
Otto
Solo
Solo
Posts: 248
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:28 am

Re: Otto's Multiversal Mayhem

Post by Otto » Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:16 pm

Otto shakes Mr Wells hand in the tense silence.

'Pleased to meet you.' he whispers to him as he looks into his eyes, gauging the mans mettle.

He then gestures to the other spokesperson of the group to come closer.

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Otto's Multiversal Mayhem

Post by arcanus » Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:28 pm

Wells meets Otto's gaze, a steel runs through his return gaze.

The older spokesperson steps forward, looking around nervously as the clanging noises grow louder,
"Bambridge, Arthur Bambridge" he says, looking worried

User avatar
Otto
Solo
Solo
Posts: 248
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:28 am

Re: Otto's Multiversal Mayhem

Post by Otto » Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:48 pm

What is the layout of the sewer? Is there only one way in and out?
Are the clanking sounds getting closer? Does it sound like the robot Chickens?
Is there a waterway in the sewer?

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Re: Otto's Multiversal Mayhem

Post by arcanus » Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:46 pm

Otto wrote:What is the layout of the sewer? Is there only one way in and out?
GM wrote:Your on the junction of a T-shape, the other group approached from the right side of the tunnel, you could continue on to the left or back along the tunnel you entered.
Are the clanking sounds getting closer? Does it sound like the robot Chickens?
GM wrote:Yes, they are approaching from behind your tunnel, it could be, definitely mechanical or machinery.
Is there a waterway in the sewer?
GM wrote:Yes, although the parallel tunnels waterway if filled with the Red Weed.

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Otto's Multiversal Mayhem

Post by arcanus » Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:34 pm

Gallion Hill, South Thames
"FIRE" roared the Gunnery Sergeant Major
Second Lieutenant Clifford Finch winced as the four remaining 6 inch 30cwt howitzers boomed sending shells down onto the three advancing Tripod Invaders.

The monsters were herding several thousand innocents onto a flotilla of ferry's and riverboats, although one ferry had already been decimated by an onslaught of black gas and then charred to ash by the dreadful invisible fire.
The foremost Tripod shattered its hull, its leg colliding with it and capsizing the floating morgue, the problem the artillery position had was that their barrage wasn't slowing the monsters and they were getting too close to the civilians.

"SAR" shouted one of the spotters, Finch blinked sweat, gunpowder and grime from his eyes, looking past the sapper he saw a fourth Tripod advancing down the Thames from the North.
"Damn" swore Finch, he knew they wouldn't have time to turn the guns in time, his attention snapped back to the three westward machines, screams split the air from the furthest edge of the quay, as the first tendrils of thick black gas curled around them and took their lives.
A dozen boats ignited like matchwood as the tripods tentacles swept its camera like appendage across the water.

"FIRE, DAMN YOU, FIRE YOU!" barked Finch
The 6 inchers roared, the Lieutenants eyes widened with fierce joy as the lead Tripod look a shell directly to its crab like canopy, the machine stumbled and then erupted in fire, a horrendous shrieking hit them as it tore itself apart.
Their victory was short lived as the foliage at the base of Gallion Hill smoldered and erupted, he barely had time to shout as the heat haze swept across the guns and everything went black.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest