IC - Axis Umbra

Journeys into the Realms Arcane to be detailed here.

Moderators: arcanus, Otto

Post Reply
User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1445
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

IC - Axis Umbra

Post by arcanus » Mon Dec 31, 2007 6:59 pm

In the quiet of the Corporate apartment, a sensation of disquiet settles upon you.
Despite having only been in the CZ for a brief time, its desperation, the ingrained angst, dirt and literally living from one moment to the next had gone.
The feeling wasn't a good one, worst still perhaps in some bizare fashion maybe you missed it.

The world becomes one of metal veins running through pastel wooden walls, you lift from your body, rocketing up into the Metaplanes.

Your feet touching the floor with a crunch, thick tropical foliage surrounds you, the crunch coming from the path you being upon being covered entirely in bone chips.

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1445
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

IC - Salvation

Post by arcanus » Mon Dec 31, 2007 7:01 pm

"Nice" mutters Drake as he takes in his new surroundings.

"This must be the metaplane representation of the place we were in a couple hours ago" thinks Drake to himself.

He'll run through a few tests to see if magic works, something simple like levitate a nail (that he always carries) or something like that.
Does Magic work?

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1445
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

IC - Salvation

Post by arcanus » Mon Dec 31, 2007 7:23 pm

It does indeed, a faint smell of wood smoke permeates the air.
Listening closely the surrounding forest seems to breath in and out, as if drawing breath.

Moving through the forest, you ignore the preturbing crunch beneath your feet.
'Where is Curren' you think to yourself , as you cautiously pass through the sheltered path ahead, you feel the grim dark forest draw in around you.

Arriving at the top of a hill, you look through the trees to see a step pyramid ahead, dim lights glow from the quartz inlaid into its corners.
Make a Perception roll

User avatar
Drake
Solo
Solo
Posts: 260
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:11 pm
Location: The old scaffold warehouse, East 35th. Oakland.

Post by Drake » Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:14 pm

"Hmm, better switch to stealth mode" thinks Drake as he spreads his arms wide and initiates a small levitate spell. The numerous metal objects built into his clothes react, and lift the tiny man several inched off the floor.
Drake floats off the path into some thicker undergrowth before closing his eyes and concentrating, extending his senses outwards.

Can he sense any metallic objects nearby? Bullets, belts, spears, anything like that?

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1445
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Salvation

Post by arcanus » Wed Jan 02, 2008 2:05 pm

Drake wrote:Can he sense any metallic objects nearby? Bullets, belts, spears, anything like that?
He can sense several different types of metal, some hard ores others soft.
Perception roll

User avatar
Drake
Solo
Solo
Posts: 260
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:11 pm
Location: The old scaffold warehouse, East 35th. Oakland.

Post by Drake » Thu Jan 03, 2008 1:40 pm

"Perception Roll"
Perception of a 7, 4, 4, 4 and some others :arrow:

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1445
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Salvation

Post by arcanus » Thu Jan 03, 2008 1:53 pm

Casting your senses out, you identify a vibrance within the surrounding woods. Your senses seem especially potent as if picking up the very iron within a bloodstream.
You also sense several larger lifeforms closing silently upon your position.
The pyramid glows in the moonlight, a full moon, a hunters moon.

User avatar
Drake
Solo
Solo
Posts: 260
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:11 pm
Location: The old scaffold warehouse, East 35th. Oakland.

Post by Drake » Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:11 pm

"Time to go..." thinks Drake to himself as he silently maneouvres behind a large tree trunk, his tiny form dwarfed by the ancient tree.

He manipulates the levitate spell and quickly rises up the trunk into the canopy overhead. The thick foliage will provide good cover while he moves towards the pyramid in the distance.

The small figure rises quickly through the branches, aware of the large figures closing in on him. H pushes up and rises through the uppermost branches, breaking into the fresh, clean, moonlit air, and face to face with a blue cheeked baboon!

Drake freezes.

The baboon freezes.

Drake blinks.

The baboon blinks...

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1445
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Salvation

Post by arcanus » Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:26 pm

"Hello" whispers the baboon "Fancy meeting you here"

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1445
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Post by arcanus » Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:28 pm

The baboon bares its teeth!

User avatar
Drake
Solo
Solo
Posts: 260
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:11 pm
Location: The old scaffold warehouse, East 35th. Oakland.

Life on Earth

Post by Drake » Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:19 pm

In that split second, Frank thanks the heavens that his older brother was a wildlife buff, and would force the young tiny Frank to watch countless hours of wildlife programs.
He knows that monkeys are not meat eaters by choice, and normally only attack mammals that threaten them or invade their territory.
This baboon couldn't possibly be threatened by a tiny man, so Frank assumes that this monkey is ticked off about the invasion of personal space!
As Frank is against violence as a rule, especially of innocent creatures, he decides against an all out assault and chooses to be submissive.

He doesn't bare his teeth in return, instead sloping his shoulders and keeping his arms down. He meets the baboon's gaze with large, sorrowful eyes.
"Sorry to intrude," says Frank in his deep voice, "it's just so much nicer up here than down below"

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1445
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Re: Life on Earth

Post by arcanus » Thu Jan 03, 2008 5:59 pm

Drake wrote:"Sorry to intrude," says Frank in his deep voice, "it's just so much nicer up here than down below"
Charisma roll

User avatar
Drake
Solo
Solo
Posts: 260
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:11 pm
Location: The old scaffold warehouse, East 35th. Oakland.

Re: Life on Earth

Post by Drake » Fri Jan 04, 2008 1:05 pm

Charisma roll
Luckily Charisma is quite high with the wee fella: 12, 5, 5, stuff

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1445
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Life on Earth

Post by arcanus » Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:22 pm

The baboon leans foward, a moment of trepidation fills you as a primate with the biggest incisors amongst its kind, sniffs your neck.
Both of you jump as the trees your in shake violently, peeking down you see a large (Troll sized) humanoud form crash into it, and then begins to scale the trunk.
The baboon looks wide eyed and scampers into the foliage.

User avatar
Drake
Solo
Solo
Posts: 260
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:11 pm
Location: The old scaffold warehouse, East 35th. Oakland.

Post by Drake » Mon Jan 07, 2008 1:20 pm

Taking his lead from the baboon Drake also moves. His spell lifts him free of the tree top branches, and, with a little help from an Advanced Movement spell, he speeds away from the tree climber towards the pyramid.
The baboon shreiks in disgust as the tiny figure of Drake zips past, zig zagging quickly through the high, thin branches.

Behind him Drake can hear the guttural roar of frustration as the humanoid finds his prey gone.

No hanging around now, Drake knows time is against him. He remembers back to the Salamander's words in the real world Aztec Pyramid.
Something about 2 astral forms, with fading threads. He must get to the pyramid and complete whatever it is he has to complete to save these 2 people.

Tree tops ripple in his wake as he speeds towards the pyramid...

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1445
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Post by arcanus » Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:04 pm

As you speed across the terrain you see the large forms break cover.
They resemble blood red hairless gorillas, but with ursine muscle mass.
They cover enormous ground as they lope after you, gain as you race toward the first steps.

User avatar
Drake
Solo
Solo
Posts: 260
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:11 pm
Location: The old scaffold warehouse, East 35th. Oakland.

Post by Drake » Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:45 pm

arcanus wrote:As you speed across the terrain you see the large forms break cover.
They resemble blood red hairless gorillas, but with ursine muscle mass.
They cover enormous ground as they lope after you, gain as you race toward the first steps.
How many are there? And how far away are they?

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1445
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Post by arcanus » Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:22 am

The three ghastly giants converged upon Francis Drake at the top of the mesoamerican pyramid.
Summoning his power Drake drew upon the iron within the blocks and sent two quarter ton slabs flying into two of the creatures.
The third seemed to get the drop upon the 18" Gnome, but the tiny soldier rolled from the blow unscathed again sending his attacked crashing into the ground beneath a slab.

Nodding to the avatar, The White Knight he boarded another slab and floated down into the recently exposed tunnel descending down.

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1445
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Post by arcanus » Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:03 am

Floating into a sea of turbulent currents, streams of what appears to be life flourish and then flow away.
Criss Crossing this primordeal sea are literally millions of silver threads, some strong and vibrant, others dim, grow red and snap.

Seeing the scale of task before Drake calls upon his power, sending out the call, before long the huge form of the salamander appears.
A struggle of wills, ensues, however Drake proves the stronger, accepting its role the salamander surges through the threads until it stops at one, one that grows dim.

Drawing upon his own Karmic forces Drake strengthens the Cord and connects to it, the salamander departs and Drake races at etherial speed towards the astral form beyond.

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1445
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Post by arcanus » Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:17 am

Drakes form comes up short as he breaks through a dense cloud of life flow. Beyond the cloud the ocean takes a different colour and texture, growing paler until its light becomes blinding.

Floating within the white sea is a tall woman, a thin almost transluscent dress flows from her form, golden ringlets flow from her head, the most striking feature of her form are two great wings that extend above her head.

Drake observes that the silver cord he follows running through her hand.

The angel smiles.

User avatar
Drake
Solo
Solo
Posts: 260
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:11 pm
Location: The old scaffold warehouse, East 35th. Oakland.

Post by Drake » Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:30 am

arcanus wrote:Drake observes that the silver cord he follows running through her hand.
Does the cord continue through the hand and out the other side, heading off to a different destination, or is the angel the source of the cord?

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1445
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Post by arcanus » Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:37 am

Drake wrote:
arcanus wrote:Drake observes that the silver cord he follows running through her hand.
Does the cord continue through the hand and out the other side, heading off to a different destination, or is the angel the source of the cord?
It sits upon her palm as if she has picked it up and then it continues.

User avatar
Drake
Solo
Solo
Posts: 260
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:11 pm
Location: The old scaffold warehouse, East 35th. Oakland.

Post by Drake » Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:56 am

Drake stops and moves his body into an upright position. Still linked to the thread by his makeshift chain he bows a long, low, respectful bow to the angelic figure before him.

"M'lady" says Drake, "It seems we both have an interest in this particular individual."

Drake stays a respectful distance from the divine presence... Respectful and safely out of reach. This could be an angel, or an aviatar, or a devil in disguise.

Drake also holds onto the cord. Making it look as if he is steadying himself so as not to float away. All the while trying to look calm, relaxed, and trusting.

Bluff roll: 5, 3, stuff

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1445
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

The Host

Post by arcanus » Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:33 pm

A multitude of powerful female voices answers him.
"Francis Drake, 'son of adam' why do you follow this path?"

User avatar
Drake
Solo
Solo
Posts: 260
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:11 pm
Location: The old scaffold warehouse, East 35th. Oakland.

Post by Drake » Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:51 pm

"Well, m'lady" starts the tiny sailor, "in a very literal sense I'm following this thread back to it's astral body, but in a spiritual sense my answer is much more enigmatic.
I'm doing it because I can. Not for reward or personal growth, not for fame or fortune, not for splendour or riches. For if the boot was on the other foot, and my essence was seperated from my body in such a place as Chicago, then I would very much like someone to do the same for me. And now, if it's not too rude of me, can I ask what has attracted y'self to this particular story?"

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1445
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Post by arcanus » Wed Jan 09, 2008 1:03 pm

The angel smiles and replied simply "Beneficence"
Her wings open and once again Francis Drake feels his body accelerate, along the cord, like a little metahuman monrail.

The ocean seems to drop away, revealing a pale, almost white sky.
The angel spins in the air clearly avoiding something as a dark shape rockets past her, narrowly missing.

As it turns and swoops back up, another angel this one pitch black, a long black iron sword drawn, its intent clear as it shoots up towards Drake.

User avatar
Drake
Solo
Solo
Posts: 260
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:11 pm
Location: The old scaffold warehouse, East 35th. Oakland.

Post by Drake » Wed Jan 09, 2008 2:23 pm

Drake knows that to try and stop the sword dead in it's tracks would be very tricky, as it is already moving with great force through the sky, powered by the new dark angel. He would have to use his magic to directly counter the force of the angel.
But, there is nothing stopping him from moving the sword sideways!
Drake instantly casts his heavyweight; super enhanced movement, focussed on the heavy, and very metal, sword.
Sorcery; 7, 7, 4, 3, 3, 3
His plan is to push the sword to one side, quite severely, hoping that the upward force from the angel combined with the strong sideways force will sent both dark angel and sword wildly off course.

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1445
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Post by arcanus » Wed Jan 09, 2008 2:47 pm

Power surges through Drake, a wave of mana arcs from him to the sword, spinning the Dark Angel and redirecting him sideways.

Turning Drake sees a short (long to him) sword float past him slowly.

User avatar
Drake
Solo
Solo
Posts: 260
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:11 pm
Location: The old scaffold warehouse, East 35th. Oakland.

Post by Drake » Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:45 pm

Drake sighs, and takes the sword.
"What is it about this bleedin' quest and combat?!" he asks of the cosmos.

He mentally drops all spells that are running, and casts a super enhanced movment spell on himself... or rather on all the small metal trinkets and straps that surround his tiny body. If he is to fight this dark angel, then he needs to make himself as manoeuvrable (sp?) as possible!

He disconnects himself from the life-cord, although leaves the makeshift chain still attached. The dark angel has regained control and comes around in a large, long, teasingly slow sweeping arc.

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1445
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Post by arcanus » Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:23 pm

Drakes current Initiative is: 18+1D6

Initiative roll?

User avatar
Drake
Solo
Solo
Posts: 260
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:11 pm
Location: The old scaffold warehouse, East 35th. Oakland.

Post by Drake » Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:50 pm

One success of 4, which is a grand total of 19 isn't it.?

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1445
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Post by arcanus » Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:58 pm

Roll to resist 8S Damage

User avatar
Nazir
New Blood
New Blood
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:34 am
Location: CCZ

Excellent bluff roll

Post by Nazir » Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:08 am

Shhh! Don't tell anyone but the Initiative TN is five not four, so well done, Slax didn't notice and he's already moved on. Its written in ink - see!

User avatar
Drake
Solo
Solo
Posts: 260
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:11 pm
Location: The old scaffold warehouse, East 35th. Oakland.

Post by Drake » Mon Jan 14, 2008 1:22 pm

Arcanus wrote:Roll to resist 8S Damage
Can you remind me what I use in the Astral Realm?
Is it against body (with combat pool) or Willpower (plus magic pool) or which?

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1445
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Post by arcanus » Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:54 pm

Drake wrote:
Arcanus wrote:Roll to resist 8S Damage
Can you remind me what I use in the Astral Realm?
Is it against body (with combat pool) or Willpower (plus magic pool) or which?
Body + Magic Pool

User avatar
Drake
Solo
Solo
Posts: 260
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:11 pm
Location: The old scaffold warehouse, East 35th. Oakland.

Post by Drake » Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:00 pm

I've kept a couple of the magic pool back, so only 2 successes.
A moderate...

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1445
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Post by arcanus » Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:20 pm

Drake and the Dark Angel clash in mid air, swords striking with a mighty clang that seems to echo on through the astral plane.

The angels strike proves too strong and swpies past Drakes defence, slashing his chest.

The Dark Angel surges forward to capitalise upon drawing fist blood.

User avatar
Drake
Solo
Solo
Posts: 260
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:11 pm
Location: The old scaffold warehouse, East 35th. Oakland.

Post by Drake » Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:15 pm

Drake is a shaken, dropping his sword and all other spells. He starts to fall towards a ground that he can't see, as the dark angel swoops around for another attack.

Although this dark angel is a magical creation of a magical world, it still obeys some characteristics of the real world. It propels itself through the air by it's wings, and although maneouvrable, it still takes a few seconds to stop itself and turn in the other direction.

Drake, on the other hand, can move quickly in any direction when his spells are running.

He blocks out the pain and focuses on the task at hand. Firing a new Super Enhance Movement spell on himself he quickly ceases to fall and zips off to catch his sword.

Then he turns to face the incoming dark angel. He won't make the same mistake as last time.

The dark angel flies in, sword outstretched at first, but as he closes the gap the angel pulls his arm back. Drake remains motionless, waiting for exactly the right moment.
The dark winged figure gains speed, and moments before the attack Drake moves. The spell pulses around his tiny frame as he very quickly accelerates downwards, then stops, then accelerates upwards.
The dark angel swings his mighty sword but hits nothing but air. Drake spins quicker than the angel can turn and propels himself onto the angel's back. Quickly scrabbling between the wings he pulls himself up so he can reach around the angel's head. One small arm wraps around and covers the angel's dark eyes, the other pushes the short sword blade against the angel's throat.
"Yield!" yells the gnome into the angel's ear, as he presses the blade in tighter.

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1445
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Post by arcanus » Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:53 pm

Drake wrote: "Yield!" yells the gnome into the angel's ear, as he presses the blade in tighter.
"Death never yields" roars the Dark Angel who in his twisting, forces Drake to slice into his neck, black blood pouring from the wound as the angel sorrowfully falls into the ether below.

The girl angel looks bemused, then turns as the white fluid erupts into a swirling vortex floating before Drake.

Before the gnome has chance to react he is drawn into the vortex, falling an infinite distance Drake appears a familiar chamber, before him are laid two plae astral forms and growing paler by the minute.

User avatar
Drake
Solo
Solo
Posts: 260
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:11 pm
Location: The old scaffold warehouse, East 35th. Oakland.

Post by Drake » Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:56 am

Is this the chamber from the Aztec pyramid on the real world?
And can you also let me know how much karma the little fella has at his disposal?

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest