IC - Axis Umbra

Journeys into the Realms Arcane to be detailed here.

Moderators: arcanus, Otto

Post Reply
User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1445
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Post by arcanus » Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:42 pm

Drake wrote:"Anyway, I would like to ask a few question O wise one. Do you know of the origins of the entity we call Gagglepus?"
"That I do not little one, however I can guide you to the places where you would find such"

User avatar
Curren
Magi
Magi
Posts: 515
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:30 pm

Post by Curren » Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:41 pm

'That sounds good Frank, go with that mate.' the cockney nods at what the spirit has stated. The man seems to be relaxing in a high backed chair but is listening intently to the exchange.
Did we have a name of the goblin chap? The guide whose house we are in?

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1445
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Post by arcanus » Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:02 pm

All of a sudden the goblins tiny black eyes widen, he leaps from his old chenille floral patterned chair and verbally thunders at the spirit.
"YOUZ, ITZ WAZ YOUZ WHOD SLEPTZ WIZH MOI MATZ" turning he glares in almost comedic fury at Drake "SHORTZ DIZ YOUZ KNOWZ ABOUZ DIS?????"

User avatar
Curren
Magi
Magi
Posts: 515
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:30 pm

Post by Curren » Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:07 pm

Curren in surprise starts out of his reverie with a jolt, and stares over questioningly at the altercation taking place!

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1445
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Post by arcanus » Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:26 pm

"Waz the worldz comzin too whez a Bazher can'z bring a Berkz into iz ouze wizhout imz nozzin iz mate" goes on the goblin

User avatar
Drake
Solo
Solo
Posts: 260
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:11 pm
Location: The old scaffold warehouse, East 35th. Oakland.

Post by Drake » Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:51 pm

Frank meets Curren's gaze with a look that says "I'll handle this" then hops up onto a chair so he is almost eye to eye with the goblin.
Frank clears his throat.
"Calm itz!" he says in a deep voice to the creature. "He ain't be no nobbin no matz here innit? 'E just done arrive in diz plaze likes uz. We be travellerz and not never been near this Bazher. 'E ain't never not seen no nozzin not 'ere. We az juz diz minute turn up 'ere an you been seen uz all a-timez, innit everybody peeps?!"
Frank stands on the chair with arms open, offering no threat.
"You iz very most kind Bazher, you iz giv uz the drinkz. We likez Bazher an not tell no lie."

User avatar
Curren
Magi
Magi
Posts: 515
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:30 pm

Post by Curren » Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:30 am

He looked over at Frank with pride.

'I never knew you spoke goblinoid!' he smiles at the gnome.

'It’s either that, or bloody gobbledegook! Or is that in fact the language?' he said thoughtfully as he rested back in the chair once more; now alert for any mishaps with the humorous trio!

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1445
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Post by arcanus » Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:31 pm

"IZit" exclaims the goblin, "Owh inz tha caze itz moi mizakes, pleaze exuzez muz", with that he sits down as if nothing has occured and begins to read some form of gazette like parchment.
As the apartment seems to settle down, the shadows lengthen and darken, and a circular bulkhead like door slides open.
A small but lithe figure stalks into the room, whereabouts the first goblin is a squat but pudgy creature dressed in a heavy twead overcoat, this figure is an ashen grey creature with a domed Piscoid head and a mouth full of several rows of small fangs.

Without looking up the fatter goblin holds up a finger "Therz be no troublz!"
The new figure frowns "Why Nebblesworth whatever do you mean" he turns, bows and looks around with some degree of muse.
"Forgive Nebs or Niggles, I'm Fitch and your guide, you have a meeting in 'The Market Ward' in an hour" he says a viscious smile crossing his face.

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1445
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Post by arcanus » Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:43 am

Swirling tones of mana fed light moved through the spirits form.
"So wanderers what else would you ask of me? enquired the spirit.
Fitch seemed to sniff the air, almost tasting the spirits scent.
Nebbs merely returned to reading his parchment, almost going as far to ignore the 'Tome Spirit'.
"We must go" hisses Fitch "Your contacts do not take kindly to being kept waiting!"
Last edited by arcanus on Sat Mar 28, 2009 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1445
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Any Old Iron

Post by arcanus » Sat Mar 28, 2009 3:41 pm

The four set out once again into the myriad city, through its impossible Escherish maze of alleyways and streets, the caramel brickwork imprisoned within its gothic iron relief. Fitch moved like some predatory night hunter, the kind of creature that any warm blooded person never felt entirely safe with, Nebblesworth huffed and puffed, but silently followed.

The Market Quarter exploded into life, every building a shop, while every inch of ground or alleyway housed a stall or eatery.
The four made their way through the throng, a collection of creatures that stunned even the worldly mage, bizare centoid creatures, sprites,goblin like creatures, oozes that slithered across to buy something more.
"Watzh yer stuzz" hissed Nebbs
They headed towards an older building, a large redbrick construction, very Georgian in style or so it appeared to Curren, bringing back memories.
Complete with an brick Verandah, a series of ornate archways supported by pillars, beneath the awning lay a series of tables, filled with impressive looking ancient warriors and travellers.

Entering the eatery, Fitch led them to a large troll like creature guarding a circular entrance to a private section of the resturant, a commotion broke out in the public section where a small repitillian rat like creature was refusing to pay, after some debate with the ork like waiter, said waiter suddenly distended its jaw and swallowed the unpaying customer whole.
"Tough Crowd" whispered Drake
The troll was more fantastic than his Sixth World counterpart, his skin ridged and scaled in a similar fashion to a crocodile, while his head was adorned with a multitude of horns, a terrifying sight to behold.

Fitch with a supremely respectful tone and bow, greeted the huge guardian and requested that they enter.
The troll creature regarded them all for a long while, a shiver of intimidation running collectively through each member of the party.

User avatar
Curren
Magi
Magi
Posts: 515
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:30 pm

Post by Curren » Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:58 pm

The Englishman looked around nervously at the scene he felt was straight from either C.S. Lewis or John Masefield's imagination; with a sinister helping of Grimms faery tales dolloped on top.

'Erm, a reservation for Drake and Curren?' he joked, not knowing if to be amused or afraid.

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1445
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Post by arcanus » Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:32 pm

The tome or spirit had become something akin to a small leather journal, complete with a clasp, Curren squeezed the book, for reassurance.
The troll scrutinized the assembled soldiers and goblins before stepping aside and gesturing with a huge sweep of his arm.
Both Drake and Curren exhaled as they stepped beneath the beast and through the circular threshold to the private chambers, within the scene became even more fantasist.
A crew of mishapen forms resembling stretched people made from deep red wood, complete with enlongated gormless faces.
They huddled and busied around a large tentacled creature, a central trunk with a great eye and random teeth scattered across its form, branching from the dark earthy torso sprang a mass of tendrils, each reaching for a gruesome selection of grubs and eels in bowls.
GM wrote:Make a Willpower+Intuition roll?

User avatar
Curren
Magi
Magi
Posts: 515
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:30 pm

Post by Curren » Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:40 pm

GM wrote:
Make a Willpower+Intuition roll?
11 8 5 4 4 3 2 2 2 4 hits

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1445
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Post by arcanus » Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:16 pm

Curren wrote:11 8 5 4 4 3 2 2 2 4 hits
While Drake momentarily froze, Curren swallowed from the scene of madness before him.
A sound reminiscent of a drop of water descending down a well reverberates through his head, a wet, heavy voice "Come closer" it hisses
As it does, the tendrils thrash and slither across the stone floor and table surfaces.

User avatar
Curren
Magi
Magi
Posts: 515
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:30 pm

Post by Curren » Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:49 pm

Curren, albeit fearful and confused with the situation takes two steps forward towards the abominations in front of him.

He always assumed that metaquests in astral space would normally take on the appearance of the psyche of the particular beholder in some way.

'That Francis Drake is one sick puppy!' he deduced as he looked back at the gnome. 'Or am I the one that's nuts? Or is astral space as varied and alien as anyones imagination?'

These questions bombarded him as his stomach lurched in disgust as he turned back to the unsettling vision in front of him.

'Er, ello.' He said lamely and raised his right hand in greeting to the chaotic throng as he tried to make some sense of what was happening.

'Whats up?' he said with a manic grin.

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1445
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Post by arcanus » Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:07 pm

It is perhaps true that voyages of the mind are sometimes prone to uncovering the most bizare or even fearful of sights.
However the more Malthalamus Curren saw the more he found that the Metaplanes were truly realms beyond.
He shivered as tendrils wrapped around his ankles, weaved through his legs and unpleasantly caressed him.
"You seek the way, but to where?" came the wet sound in his mind.

User avatar
Drake
Solo
Solo
Posts: 260
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:11 pm
Location: The old scaffold warehouse, East 35th. Oakland.

Post by Drake » Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:50 pm

"Curren's got problem's" thinks Drake to himself as he takes in the bizarre scene, "This is screwed up..." as he watches the tentacle snake it's way up Curren's leg.

User avatar
Curren
Magi
Magi
Posts: 515
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:30 pm

Post by Curren » Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:13 pm

'What do I actually need to know? Where do I need to go?' Currens confused and fearful thoughts rang sing song around his mind.

The fetid stink that exuded off the forms was so repulsive that he gagged and forcibly swallowed back a mouthful of vomit as the tendrils moved up the small of his back. His eyes watered as he attempted to maintain his composure and hold back his discomfort.

'We desire to find out the origins of the Gagglepuss.' the Englishman croaked woodenly as if reciting a memory. 'We want to attain more knowledge on astral space to better ourselves, and maybe help others find the way.'

The latter sentence was uttered with more strength and conviction, and he seemed to snap out of his frightened reverie with it. He wiped his soiled mouth on the cuff of his jacket sleeve.

'Can you help us?' he asked lucidly and composed to the horror before him as his fear was kicked into touch for now; raising his head high he stared unblinkingly into the creatures eye, almost trying to gauge it's thoughts and emotions.

Turning his head slightly Curren spat out the remainder of his offending gastric juices.

'Scuse me.' he said casually with a wry smile.

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1445
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Post by arcanus » Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:40 pm

Oddly both Drake and Curren sensed a motion within the tentacled mass, a sensation of a smile, a posse of the small wooden people descented upon the vomit
and made it vanish "You seek a path through the Jungle of Yeth to the Obelisk of Seryess, this you will find within the East Labyrinth down in the Lower Halls"
shivers the wet voice within the mind
"May the Ladies benevolence watch over you

User avatar
Drake
Solo
Solo
Posts: 260
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:11 pm
Location: The old scaffold warehouse, East 35th. Oakland.

Post by Drake » Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:32 am

Frank pulls a small spiral bound notebook from his pocket and noisily clicks the end of a pen, which seems for a second to be the only alien thing in this place.
"jungle... Yeth... obelisk... Seryness... east labyrinth... lower halls" he mutters as he makes notes, "Thanks Octopussy, i'd like to say it's been a pleasure..." peters off the gnome as he looks for a door out of this room that might lead to the lower halls.
"Before we go" he now thinks, "Do you know what this Obelisk is made of?"

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1445
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Post by arcanus » Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:51 am

"It is made from Realm Stone, a deep violet in colour" the wet voice replies, forcing a shudder from Frank

User avatar
Drake
Solo
Solo
Posts: 260
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:11 pm
Location: The old scaffold warehouse, East 35th. Oakland.

Post by Drake » Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:44 pm

"Damn that thing's creepy!" thinks Frank to himself before realising that the creepy thing can hear his thoughts!
He looks up at the thing, "Sorry, I forgot you can hear me. Freak!"
Again, he thinks before thinking.
"Sorry again" thinks Frank at the creature, "I can't get the hang of this telepathy you slimy loon! Dammit! Again... so sorry. Just don't eat me, weirdo! Aargh!"
Frank holds his head in his hands as he tries to focus on his psychic tourettes.
"Focus, Frank, focus..." he mutters to himself.
"Would you mind awfully pointing us in the direction of the Lower Halls?" he thinks carefully at the creature.
"Concentrate!" he thinks, "Focus! Matt Parkman. Matt Parkman. Matt Parkman. Matt Parkman. Matt Parkman. "

Curren looks down at the gnome, "Who is Matt Parkman?" he asks candidly.

User avatar
Curren
Magi
Magi
Posts: 515
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:30 pm

Post by Curren » Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:10 pm

Curren looks down at the gnome, "Who is Matt Parkman?" he asks candidly.
'Surreal just doesn't do this justice!' he thought. 'And what bloody difference does it make what the obelisk is made of?' as he shook his head. 'Obvioulsy a 'metal' reference.' he sighs audibly.

'Slimy Loon...' Curren titters at that line even under his current circumstances!

'Why don'tya just come up here Frank 'an give him a slap? That should get the message across!' he growls.

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1445
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Post by arcanus » Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:39 pm

An uncomfortable silence settles upon the room, before Fitch clears his throat "We had better set upon our way" he says
The room is suddenly alive with motion, as grumbled apologies and assurances are given, before the Soldiers and their guides breath a sigh of relief having stepped from the chamber.

It is Nebblesworth who takes the lead, guiding the party out of the eatery and back into a scene from the 'Dark Crystal', the soldiers noticed that both guides had picked up the pace, a greater degree of urgency in their passage as they hurried back into the caramel brickwork imprisoned within black black iron.
GM wrote:Make an Initiative test (Add together and divide by 5)

User avatar
Curren
Magi
Magi
Posts: 515
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:30 pm

Post by Curren » Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:31 pm

17 +1D6 =22 divided by 5 = 4 Initiative Passes

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1445
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Post by arcanus » Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:51 pm

Curren wrote:
17 +1D6 =22 divided by 5 = 4 Initiative Passes
The underways darken considerably, both Curren and Drake notice 'Fitch's wariness, the usually predatory creatures head darts from side to side.
Nebbles shuffles quickly, his form defensively hunched, as the brickwork closes in around the party, as they descend into the bowels of the 'City of Doors'.

User avatar
Drake
Solo
Solo
Posts: 260
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:11 pm
Location: The old scaffold warehouse, East 35th. Oakland.

Post by Drake » Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:44 am

GM wrote:Make an Initiative test (Add together and divide by 5)
8 + 1d6 = (8 + 9) / 5 = 3 Initiative Hits

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1445
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Post by arcanus » Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:53 pm

Black stocky shapes descended from the shadows of the maze like alleyway, water sloshed around the parties boots.
Curren braced himself, they were clearly goblinoid type creatures, dressed in thick banded black armour, black studs dotted across it surface.
Knives and cudgels drawn, as they barrelled into the party.
GM wrote:Curren you have one action.
Drake make a Intuition test?

User avatar
Drake
Solo
Solo
Posts: 260
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:11 pm
Location: The old scaffold warehouse, East 35th. Oakland.

Post by Drake » Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:08 pm

GM wrote:Drake make a Intuition test?
Intuition: 4 2 2 2 (Oh shizzle)
Drake is completely oblivious at the moment.

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1445
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Post by arcanus » Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:07 pm

Drake wrote:
Drake is completely oblivious at the moment.
GM wrote:Make a Willpower+Magic Test?

User avatar
Drake
Solo
Solo
Posts: 260
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:11 pm
Location: The old scaffold warehouse, East 35th. Oakland.

Post by Drake » Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:36 pm

GM wrote:Make a Willpower+Magic Test?
Willpower + Magic: 15 11 7 (6 Hits)

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1445
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Post by arcanus » Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:34 pm

The party become embroiled in the melee, Fitch deftly avoids three of the charging creatures, while Nebblesworth meets the hasty advance of another with a thunderous punch in the face.
The impact of which propels the assailant back into his companions.
Drake finds himself right in the middle of the tussle, his head darting to and fro, he spots the first attack and dodges a large dagger aimed at his guts, however his movement moves into the path of another attackers cudgel which strikes him across the back of his scalp.
GM wrote:Two blocks of stun damage.

User avatar
Curren
Magi
Magi
Posts: 515
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:30 pm

Post by Curren » Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:04 pm

Curren shifts his form into wearing his astral armour. The armour takes the appearance of smooth unadorned dull gun-metal coloured plate mail. The helm is similar in appearance to a 9th Century Norman soldiers.

The telescopic longswords Truth and Justice transform respectively into a Spanish designed cup hilt rapier and a main gauche parrying dagger.

With a belllow he attempts to shoulder charge into the cudgel weilding assailant and the others that are attacking Frank; almost like a bowling ball into skittles.

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1445
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Post by arcanus » Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:55 pm

GM wrote:Engarde Sir!
Make your attack rolls?

User avatar
Curren
Magi
Magi
Posts: 515
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:30 pm

Post by Curren » Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:17 pm

Body and Agility: 13 11 7 5 3 3 3 2 2 1 1 6 Hits

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1445
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Post by arcanus » Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:27 pm

Curren wrote:Body and Agility: 13 11 7 5 3 3 3 2 2 1 1 6 Hits
In a dervish like move, Malthalamus spins himself and hurtles into the first footpad, he stumbles back, but regains composure and begins to scuffle with the Soldier.

User avatar
Curren
Magi
Magi
Posts: 515
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:30 pm

Post by Curren » Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:41 pm

Quickly he attempts to smash the hand guard of his main gauche in the creatures face and follow up with impaling it with the rapier.
Swords + Agility: 11 11 9 9 5 5 5 4 4 4 4 3 3 2 1 1 9 hits
Swords + Agility: 11 9 8 5 4 4 4 3 3 2 5 hits

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1445
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Post by arcanus » Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:07 pm

Curren wrote:Quickly he attempts to smash the hand guard of his main gauche in the creatures face and follow up with impaling it with the rapier.
The blow to the goblinoid footpads face was a savage one, blood spurting from over the leather face mask, before the thug had time to react Curren ran the length of the sword through its throat, the creature stumbled back grunting in pain and confusion before bouncing off the alley wall.

User avatar
Curren
Magi
Magi
Posts: 515
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:30 pm

Post by Curren » Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:50 am

'Right! Who's fucking next? Curren roared, looking a fearsome sight in his gore drenched armour. Black arterial spray from the dead goblin had washed over his plate mail and helm; and all thatcould be seen were the whites of his eyes glinting maniacally through the goblinoid debris.

'Surrender, or meet the same fate as that poor bastard!' He bellowed as he turned on his next opponent and leveled his main gauche to the goblins belly as his sabre was raised to strike again.
Last edited by Curren on Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1445
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Post by arcanus » Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:34 am

GM wrote:Curren: Make a Magic+Charisma test?
Drake: Make a Magic+Logic test?

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest