IC - Axis Umbra

Journeys into the Realms Arcane to be detailed here.

Moderators: arcanus, Otto

Post Reply
User avatar
Drake
Solo
Solo
Posts: 260
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:11 pm
Location: The old scaffold warehouse, East 35th. Oakland.

Post by Drake » Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:41 pm

arcanus wrote: Drake: Make a Magic+Logic test?
Magic + Logic: 5 5 (But 2 Hits)

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1432
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Post by arcanus » Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:37 pm

arcanus wrote:Drake: Make a Magic+Logic test?
Drake wrote:Magic + Logic: 5 5 (But 2 Hits)
GM wrote:Drake: Make a Magic+Willpower test?

User avatar
Curren
Magi
Magi
Posts: 515
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:30 pm

Post by Curren » Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:54 pm

GM wrote:
Curren: Make a Magic+Charisma test?
16 9 9 5 5 5 5 4 4 4 2 2 1 1 8 hits

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1432
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Post by arcanus » Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:17 pm

The assembled footpads stop, turning to regard Curren.
A sharp crack is heard from a corner as Nebblesworth, impacts one of the attackers face's against the alley wall.
The footpads are assembled within a cluster, opening out Curren see's Frank held with a shortsword at his throat.

User avatar
Curren
Magi
Magi
Posts: 515
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:30 pm

Post by Curren » Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:11 pm

'Ah...Bollocks....' The englishman muttered in frustration as he gazed on the situation.

'Gotta bluff this out.' he thinks as he points his rapier at the goblin holding Frank.

'If you lay a finger on him mate, they'll be spending a fuckin' week sweeping up the peices!' he growled. 'And I'll string the rest of you cunts up as a warning to all footpads; and use your blood to make black puddings! Let him go, and stand down!'
Magic and Charisma of: 10 10 8 5 4 4 4 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 2 6 Hits

User avatar
Drake
Solo
Solo
Posts: 260
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:11 pm
Location: The old scaffold warehouse, East 35th. Oakland.

Post by Drake » Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:01 am

GM wrote:Drake: Make a Magic+Willpower test?
Magic + Willpower: 11 11 11 8 8 5 5 (10 Hits!)

(What counts as a Crit these days?)
Frank blinks a few times and suddenly the reality of the ethereal quest comes flooding back to him. In the sudden confusion and after being thrown into a muddy puddle he had quite forgotten what was going on!

"you'd better do what he say... Do what he say!" whimpers Frank to the large creature, "If you don't, the last thing to go through your head will probably be your sword! Ha"
The creature easily lifts Frank with one hand, and holds his short sword under Franks throat with other. It gruffs and huffs in a gutteral way.
Frank can feel the creatures heartbeat as he is pulled in close to it's mammoth chest, he can feel the breathing, and the tensing of muscle.
"That's a bit of irony for you... being killed with your own sword. You like irony?"
The creature shifts it's weight from foot to foot, eyeing up Curren, ignoring the mutters of this tiny gnome. A gnome who had no weapons, and who posed no threat. Study Curren, he was the threat.
"I like irony, but I prefer just iron" continues Frank as he turns his head slightly behind the blade. "Iron is very nice. Lots of iron in the metal in
your sword...". He waits until the creature breathes out, and right at the very end of the goblins exhale he fires.
Frank judges the creature's strength by the way it easily holds him, and knows only the Big Guns in his magical arsenal will move the blade quickly enough. In one fluid motion the big goblin very quickly should move the blade away from Frank, and appear to plunge it through it's own head.
Casting Super Enhance Movement (+4 Edge)
Magic + Sorcery + Edge: 11 11 10 7 5 5 5 5 5 (12 Hits)
Drain: 11 7 7 7 5 5 5 5 (Taken)

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1432
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Post by arcanus » Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:42 pm

The goblin footpad tenses and then struggles, lofting the blade and then thrusting it awkwardly into the side of his own head, the lifeless bady falls away and pandemonium breaks loose.
Frank ducks to one side as a blade slams into the ground beside him, another footpad taking a swing.
Fitch launches from the shadows, two circular blades wrapped around his hands, each weaving in a circular motion, ending with the severing of another of the footpads throats.
A further demonstration of power from the diminutive Drake and the remaining four footpads broke and vanished into the shadows.

"Wez must prezz onz" grunts Nebblesworth, who barges past the Soldiers and deeper into the maze like alleyways "Wez cuzon" he bellows.

User avatar
Drake
Solo
Solo
Posts: 260
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:11 pm
Location: The old scaffold warehouse, East 35th. Oakland.

Post by Drake » Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:03 am

Because Frank used such a powerful spell to take control of the sword, he remains in control without too much concentration.
The sword, floating in mid air after fending off the rest of the footpads, spins and seems to attach itself to Franks back. It actually hovers a few millimetres behind him, but to most onlookers it appears as if this 18 inch high figure is carrying a sword longer than him on his back.

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1432
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Post by arcanus » Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:16 am

As the party resumes its journey downwards, 'Fitch' sniffs the Gnome.
"One of hidden power" he purrs as if re-evaluating his small companion.
The group descended deeper into narrower and narrower alleys and tunnels, becoming incredibly oppressive, occasionally they cross a threshold, caged in with a howling creature contained, the pitiful misbegottens stretching for the party as they continue.
"Getz off, Muz" grumbles Nebblesworth, as he proceeds
Finally the party arrive after a number of hours, entering a series of circular stone chambers, each with a number of heavy metal doors, 'Nebs' goes from each, trying a large key before finally opening one with grinning devils cast into its surface, both Frank and Malthalamus exchange looks but prepare themselves.

'Nebs' finally swings the door open and the Soldiers are greeted with a kaleidoscope of colours, beams of light and energy patterns, below this breaks a clear blue azure sky and cloud tops.
Directly below the door, extends a precarious metal rigging that ends with a series of winches, pulleys and steel cage/baskets.
Far below extends a vibrant jungle, dotted with crystal blue lakes.

User avatar
Curren
Magi
Magi
Posts: 515
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:30 pm

Post by Curren » Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:05 pm

'Now don't tell me we have to death slide down that?!' Curren exclaims to Nebblesworth looking with trepidation at the drop below.

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1432
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Post by arcanus » Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:26 pm

"WATZAT, DEATZ SLIZDS, WHERZAT" he rotund goblin roars before turning around, and looking most concerned
'Fitch' interjects, "No we merely make our way along that gantry" he points, out a thin platform with little in the way of railing or anything to stop a person from plummeting into the deep beyond.
A feral grin of satisfaction crosses 'Fitches' face.

User avatar
Drake
Solo
Solo
Posts: 260
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:11 pm
Location: The old scaffold warehouse, East 35th. Oakland.

Post by Drake » Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:46 pm

"That tiny gantry there..." points Frank, "Jeez, i wouldn't want to be a big guy..." he mutters as the short sword 'attached' to his back lazily falls off and hovers horizontally a few inches off the ground.
The blade is 3 inches wide. A very small space for a normal human, but to the gnome the sword is almost the size of a surfboard.
He hops up and sits on the blade, then swings one leg over the top so he is stradling the flat metal. He then grabs hold of the swords 'T' shaped pommel like handlebars and makes a motor noise as if revving a motorbike.
"MMmmmmmmrrrrmrrrrrmrrrr"

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1432
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Post by arcanus » Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:49 pm

A look of consensual disgust crosses the three big forms faces, as Frank Drake effortlessly pilots his sword-board across the gantry and into the awaiting metal birdcage like contraption at the end. Fitch stomps his feet, before in an eel like manner darts along the gantry and joins Drake, leaving the larger perhaps less lithe forms of Nebs and Curren to go.

User avatar
Drake
Solo
Solo
Posts: 260
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:11 pm
Location: The old scaffold warehouse, East 35th. Oakland.

Post by Drake » Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:52 pm

Silently the board/sword glides back to the waiting party members, hilt first.
"YOU CAN USE IT TO STEADY YOURSELF!" shouts Frank back towards Current, "AND IF YOU FALL, HOLD ON TO THE HILT VERY TIGHTLY!""

User avatar
Curren
Magi
Magi
Posts: 515
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:30 pm

Post by Curren » Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:02 pm

'Nah, I'll be ok mate.' He calls over to the gnome.

Curren casts Gecko Crawl, and climbs nimbly along the rope to the cage.
Logic + Sorcery 9 8 7 5 5 5 4 3 3 2 2 1 6 hits
Drain : Magic and Body 11 9 8 5 5 4 4 3 3 3 2 1 1 6 hits Resisted.

Agility and Acrobatics: 9 8 5 5 4 4 3 3 3 3 3 2 4 hits

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1432
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Post by arcanus » Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:27 pm

"Wez iz azright fuz sum, wiz youze fanzi trickz" protests Nebblesworth, who then proceeds to have an almighty huff.

User avatar
Curren
Magi
Magi
Posts: 515
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:30 pm

Post by Curren » Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:06 pm

'Here, catch this.' Curren picks up a rope that was tied to the cage and coiled down inside it; he throws it towards the goblin creatures.

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1432
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Post by arcanus » Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:08 pm

Nebbles makes his way along the gantry "Zhanks Currentz" he says with genuine degree of gratitude.
The four make their way into the cage, Fitch suddenly releases an antique lever and the cage, suddenly rockets downwards, bursting through the cloudcover and vapour.
GM wrote:Make Body+Willpower rolls?
Make Essence+Magic Rolls?

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1432
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Post by arcanus » Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:07 pm

The cage descended at nauseating velocity, while both Drake and Curren’s cheeks were sucked up into their heads, Nebblesworth stood infuriatingly reading his parchment.
Fitch growled and raised his arms, seemingly enjoying the momentum.
The cage crashed into the canopy of trees below, the Soldiers allowing any remnants of air to vacate their lungs and thanked their respective gods, relief drained from them.
“Rise and shine” hisses Fitch, “We have to go, many things haunt these forests”
Both Soldiers pulled themselves up and fell in with the predatory goblins stride, nonchalantly ‘Nebblesworth’ wandered after them.
“We must not be caught in the open beyond darkness” rasps Fitch, the lithe goblin has now become somewhat agitated, an urgency to his voice as he moves with great pace through the jungle.

As the two Soldiers kept up with the arduous pace, they begin to gain the idea that they might be in danger. The rainforest is a deep verdant green, scattered through the foliage are the remnants of old temples, villages, statues all ruins.
The air is thick with mana, more than just alive, a thickness of magical power, old power and within this power, something older, something that now looks in their direction.

User avatar
Drake
Solo
Solo
Posts: 260
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:11 pm
Location: The old scaffold warehouse, East 35th. Oakland.

Post by Drake » Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:50 am

GM wrote:Make Body+Willpower rolls?
Make Essence+Magic Rolls?
Body + Willpower: 9 5 5 5 5 5 (6 Hits)
Essence + Magic: 13 10 5 5 (6 Hits)
"Curren" whispers Frank, "Can you fly in this realm? I've got that horrible feeling that something is watching us, and we might need to make an escape... All 4 of us."

User avatar
Curren
Magi
Magi
Posts: 515
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:30 pm

Post by Curren » Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:46 pm

Body + Willpower: 5 5 4 3 3 2 2 2 2 2 Hits
Essence + Magic: 9 9 9 8 7 4 4 4 4 3 3 3 3 2 1 5 Hits
'Well,' Curren thought as he himself looked around the place for any of Franks threats. 'I assume that we can, however I haven't tested it here yet!'.

'But thats not to say that this realm's laws of physics etcetera are the same as any other.' He says as an afterthought. 'Maybe it is possible, maybe not; it might be just a case of willing ourselves to break through what we think we can't do!' The Englishman spoke animatedly about his theories.

'Can't you feel the power here? It's so muggy and full of energy, it takes my breath away!' he exclaims in wonder as he moves through the forest smelling and touching the leaves as he walks by.

'If you want to try and fly, maybe now would be as good a time as any.' he pauses and looks down at the gnome with a smile.

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1432
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Post by arcanus » Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:33 pm

Although both Soldiers could feel the vibrant life energy and sense of menace they both felt another presence, each other.
It occured to them both relatively simultaneously that they could now sense each other, a sense of each others emotional states, Drakes concern or fear, Currens exhilaration, but never the less a connection.

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1432
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Post by arcanus » Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:45 pm

The flat out pace was exhausting and the more they ran the more it seemed the Devil himself was chasing them.
The group stopped at a large rock head, another ruin within the jungle.
The mana of the place swirled, a dark tone to it now.
Fitch was nervous, uncomfortable, figeting.
As Curren watched and listened he sensed the movement, slowly turning the rock heads eyes had opened, serpentine stone eyes stared out at them.
'Nebs' finally looked up from his parchment and said simply
"Oh Fucz!"

User avatar
Curren
Magi
Magi
Posts: 515
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:30 pm

Post by Curren » Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:56 pm

'Explain!' he hissed urgently to Nebs as he tried to catch his breath.

Slowly and silently he drew his sword and with a brief second of concentration the blade of the weapon turned black. The englishman crouched low to the leaf mulched ground.
He will use his enhanced olfactory sense to attempt to pick up any alien smells in the forest. Humanoid/Mammal/Etc.
Perception+Logic (+1 die for the enhanced sense ability) 9 7 5 5 5 5 3 3 1 1 1 1 6 Hits

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1432
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Post by arcanus » Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:39 pm

Curren wrote:He will use his enhanced olfactory sense to attempt to pick up any alien smells in the forest. Humanoid/Mammal/Etc.
Perception+Logic (+1 die for the enhanced sense ability) 9 7 5 5 5 5 3 3 1 1 1 1 6 Hits
Nebs crouches with Curren "Darz thinz hauntz zeze oodz, zat iz onz oz zem, itz theyz god" he says gesturing to the head.
Arcanus wrote:Currens bloodhound like senses do pick up a difference in smell, a slightly milky odour and growing stronger, something distinctly organic and living.[/B]

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1432
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Post by arcanus » Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:58 pm

GM wrote:Make a Perception+Intuition Test?

User avatar
Curren
Magi
Magi
Posts: 515
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:30 pm

Post by Curren » Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:07 pm

GM wrote:
Make a Perception+Intuition Test?
10 5 5 4 3 3 2 2 2 2 1 3 Hits

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1432
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Post by arcanus » Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:51 pm

The tension within the glade rose, Fitch was more aggitated than ever.
Currens senses told him of forms slithering and sliding toward their prey, a sense of small cornered animals came over him.
A fear that threatened to consume him, a look shared with Drake shared the same steely scowl.
The yeasty smell grew, the hunters were closed.
"Iz a bitz tenz init" whispered Nebs

User avatar
Curren
Magi
Magi
Posts: 515
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:30 pm

Post by Curren » Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:56 pm

'Can any of you make fire?' he whispers in turn. 'I mean magically that is?' he looks hopefully around at the two goblins and the gnome.
Is Derleth about? Or will I have to summon him here?

User avatar
Drake
Solo
Solo
Posts: 260
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:11 pm
Location: The old scaffold warehouse, East 35th. Oakland.

Post by Drake » Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:56 am

Drake has still got the goblin's short sword, which to him is a very big sword, so will attempt a spell to see if magic works in this place.

He's going to cast a Movement spell to start spinning the sword like a propeller.
Magic + Sorcery: 10 9 5 (4 Hits)
Drain: 8 5 5 5 (Taken)

User avatar
Curren
Magi
Magi
Posts: 515
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:30 pm

Post by Curren » Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:09 pm

'No.' Curren sighs in resignation. 'But we can make a sword act like a food blender.. that should be a help!' he whispers sarcastically as Drakes sword starts to rotate.

'I wish I had a bow tie you could do that to!' he remarks. 'Would be rather fitting don't you think?'.

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1432
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Post by arcanus » Mon May 04, 2009 12:06 pm

A long pause extended before 'Nebs' produced a flint and tinderbox.
"Stupid" hissed Fitch, who in turn produced an ebon black tube, looking awfully like some form of straight bone.
"Waz onz trin zu helz" grumbled Nebs, with annoyance
"Well don't!" retorted Fitch
Grinning a particularly feral smile, even for him, Fitch ran his clawed blue fingers along its surface, dark glyphs shone momentarily before the tubs end glowed with purplish fire.
"This do" he grinned evilly, his serpentine eyes and mouth full of fangs not inspiring a great deal of confidence in either Soldier.

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1432
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Post by arcanus » Mon May 04, 2009 5:11 pm

'Can any of you make fire?' he whispers in turn. 'I mean magically that is?' Boomed in Malthalamus Curren's head,
the inside of his eyes were filled with orange light, his head pounded, fiery symbols quite literally blazing across his mind!
Curren wrote:Is Derleth about? Or will I have to summon him here?
Arcanus wrote:You can summon him to this place!
GM wrote:Drake: Make a Magic+Willpower Test? & a Magic+Perception Test?
Curren: Make a Magic+Willpower Test? & a Magic+Metaskills Test?

User avatar
Curren
Magi
Magi
Posts: 515
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:30 pm

Post by Curren » Tue May 05, 2009 7:31 pm

Curren: Make a Magic+Willpower Test? & a Magic+Metaskills Test?
Magic + Willpower 7 7 5 5 4 4 4 2 2 1 1 1 3 Hits
Magic + Metaskills 11 5 5 5 5 4 4 3 3 3 1 1 1 5 Hits

User avatar
Drake
Solo
Solo
Posts: 260
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:11 pm
Location: The old scaffold warehouse, East 35th. Oakland.

Post by Drake » Wed May 06, 2009 1:42 pm

GM wrote:Drake: Make a Magic+Willpower Test? & a Magic+Perception Test?
Magic + Will: 8 7 7 5 5 5 (6 Hits)
Magic + Percep: 11 9 7 5 5 5 (7 Hits)

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1432
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Post by arcanus » Fri May 08, 2009 5:59 pm

The yeasty smell reach a point where it became insufferable, this heralded the arrival of the hunters, grotesque half forms slithered from the forest.
Man serpents, the lower half that of a huge constrictor while the waist up, even the humanoid portion of the creatures were covered in serpentine flesh.

They eyed their prey hungrily.
Across Malthalamus Curren's aura, a series of symbols flowed, hidden deep within his core for many years, they flowed, a heat emanated across the clearing.
Something that made the hunters wary, slithering around the periphery.

Drake felt the change on a deeply magical level, a heat flowed along the orders link, deep within some hidden astral place a Knights suit of armour glowed from polished chrome to a bronze red.

Fitch and Nebbelsworth came forward almost standing to attention, ready to stand their ground.

A standoff thus ensued!

User avatar
Drake
Solo
Solo
Posts: 260
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:11 pm
Location: The old scaffold warehouse, East 35th. Oakland.

Post by Drake » Mon May 11, 2009 10:01 am

Drake looks up at Curren, "'Ere, did you feel that too? What just happened?" he asks before putting up his initiate shielding.

The sword spins faster in the air above them, creating a low 'whoomp' noise on each spin.

User avatar
Curren
Magi
Magi
Posts: 515
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:30 pm

Post by Curren » Mon May 11, 2009 3:01 pm

'I haven't a clue mate. But whatever it is, the buggers don't like it!' He smiles grimly as he maneuvers his swords and body into an attacking stance.
I'll call Derleth, with a Conjuring/Logic of: 8 5 5 5 4 4 4 3 3 2 1 4 Hits and I'll request him to be hidden in the earth below the forest foliage between us and the serpent creatures. Its orders will be to change the consistency of the earth to that of quicksand, and engulf to incapacitate them if they attempt to attack us.

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1432
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Post by arcanus » Sat May 16, 2009 7:00 pm

The significant form of Derleth materialises within the earth.
The stalemate or truce lasts only scant few minutes, as the creatures hunger grows more than their uneasiness and thus their attack begins.

The serpentine creatures flow across the intervening space!
"HERZ THEZ COMES" bellows Nebbelsworth stating the bloody obvious

User avatar
Curren
Magi
Magi
Posts: 515
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:30 pm

Post by Curren » Sat May 16, 2009 7:54 pm

How many are there?
I activate Initate sheilding around all of us. And also I'll power up my mystic armour.

What sort of astral speed does this realm allow me to do?

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests