IC - Axis Umbra

Journeys into the Realms Arcane to be detailed here.

Moderators: arcanus, Otto

Post Reply
User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Post by arcanus » Sat May 16, 2009 9:59 pm

Curren wrote:
How many are there?
I activate Initate sheilding around all of us. And also I'll power up my mystic armour.
What sort of astral speed does this realm allow me to do?
GM wrote:
There are 10 of them.
Initiative wise it gives you an extra Dice and a movement of x10.

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Post by arcanus » Mon May 18, 2009 8:45 pm

GM wrote:Initiative Rolls?

User avatar
Curren
Magi
Magi
Posts: 515
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:30 pm

Post by Curren » Mon May 18, 2009 8:50 pm

Initiative 17+1D6 18

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Post by arcanus » Tue May 19, 2009 8:23 am

The clearing became a pitched battle within moments, guttural roaring and shrieking hisses permeated the air.
The serpent-men flowed across the ground as if they floated, Nebblesworth was smashed against the stone face, as the first to reach him swung its thick pythonic tail into his midrift.
Curren lost site of Drake, as the creatures sought to overwhelm them.
It was 'Fitch' who seemed to be in his element, the first serpent to reach him, as fast as it was proved unable to outmanauver the eel like goblin, who promptly rammed one of his wickedly curved daggers up through its jaw.

He then darted over the next, taking a hefty chunk from its head as he passed.
Curren momentarily glanced back to see the combat, barely parrying a blow aimed for his head and turning a huge set of reptilian jaws aside.
Instead a clawed hand raked across his left shoulder, his gleaming Platemail armour flickering across his form.

Drake found himself under the onslaught, his spinning sword, inflicting some satisfyingly deep wounds into his attackers,
however their sheer bulk and weight threatening to crush the life from him.
GM wrote:Curren: Willpower+GOI Roll V 5S
Drake: Your Initiative within this realm is 12+Intuition&Logic divided by 2+1D6?

User avatar
Drake
Solo
Solo
Posts: 260
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:11 pm
Location: The old scaffold warehouse, East 35th. Oakland.

Post by Drake » Tue May 19, 2009 1:41 pm

GM wrote:Drake: Your Initiative within this realm is 12+Intuition&Logic divided by 2+1D6?[/b]
Right then, have some!!!
Initiative: 11 + 1d6 = 11 + 3 = 14
Desperate times again call for desperate measures.
If possible, Drake is going to cast another spell on the spinning sword to speed it up. Get the blade spinning so fast it's like the blade at the bottom of a blender!

Should he get the chance to do this, the rolls for Enhanced Movement are...

Sorcery + Magic: 10 9 5 5 5 5 4 4 3 3 3 2 2
Drain: 9 7 6 5 5 5 4 3 3 3 2 2
Last edited by Drake on Tue May 19, 2009 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Curren
Magi
Magi
Posts: 515
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:30 pm

Post by Curren » Tue May 19, 2009 3:42 pm

Curren: Willpower+GOI Roll V 5S: 11 8 7 5 5 4 4 1 Taken
I will request Derleth to enter the melee.

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Post by arcanus » Wed May 20, 2009 3:22 pm

The clearing became a carcophany of blood and screams, as from beneath the writhing mass of serpents chunks of flesh, scales and gore sprayed in all directions.
The ground erupted as a column of primordial soup launched itself out amongst the central creatures, Curren parried left and right, 'Truth and Justice' burning with electrical power and wrath.

Fitch danced and vaulted amongst the trees, cutting and slicing, across the clearing the horrendous yeasty smell now mingled with that of copper and bile.
GM wrote:Two damage rolls each for the onslaught:
Drake: Will+GOI V 5S & against 4D
Curren: Will+GOI V 5S & against 5S

User avatar
Drake
Solo
Solo
Posts: 260
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:11 pm
Location: The old scaffold warehouse, East 35th. Oakland.

Post by Drake » Wed May 20, 2009 3:35 pm

GM wrote:Two damage rolls each for the onslaught:
Drake: Will+GOI V 5S & against 4D
5S (which is 6 hits over 5?): 7 5 5 5 4 3 3 2 2 - A light wound
4D: 15 11 9 5 4 4 4 3 2 2 - Taken
If the slime-men on top of Drakey break free off of him, the spinning blender blade of doom (SBBOD) will increase it's orbit and clear a space a foot or two around Drake. That is, if the spell holds...

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Post by arcanus » Sun May 24, 2009 7:59 pm

GM wrote:Drake: Sorcery Roll?
Last edited by arcanus on Mon May 25, 2009 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Curren
Magi
Magi
Posts: 515
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:30 pm

Post by Curren » Mon May 25, 2009 7:44 pm

Will and GOI 16 8 4 3 3 2 1: another light wound
Will and GOI again: 12 8 7 2 2 1 1: another light wound

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Post by arcanus » Mon May 25, 2009 9:11 pm

Drake darted forwards avoiding the falling form of a mangled serpent creature, a tail lashed around slapping him sideways.
The blade whirling above him, creating bloody mayhem.

Curren was driven back as three serpent creatures pressed home their attacks, the occasional clawed hand caught him, smashing through his armour and cut deep.
Truth and Justice flaring as he parryed and thrust in retaliation.

Fitch was slammed across the clearing by a hefty tail, his assailant tearing across the clearing in pursuit, the creature pounced, launching itself from a powerful coiled tail. At the moment of impact, Fitch seemed to only just gain consciousness and slid under the creatures landing.

As the melee became dirty and bloody the two Soldiers realised there was no sign of Nebblesworth.

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Post by arcanus » Sat May 30, 2009 6:59 pm

GM wrote:Drake: Make a Sorcery Roll?
Curren: Make two sword rolls?

User avatar
Drake
Solo
Solo
Posts: 260
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:11 pm
Location: The old scaffold warehouse, East 35th. Oakland.

Post by Drake » Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:32 am

GM wrote:Drake: Make a Sorcery Roll?
Sorcery (+ GoI?): 5 5 3 2 2 2 (+ 5 4 for GoI)

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Post by arcanus » Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:52 pm

The SBBOD pushed up, rotating out cutting a swath through the reptillian flesh before it.
This movement released Drake from the crush, the battle was still pitched with Curren spinning and slashing with 'Truth & Justice'.

Drake's respite was short lived as sensing another shift, he turned to look at the stone head, its mix of humanoid and reptillian features stretching,
its eyes crystallising and beginning to glow.

User avatar
Drake
Solo
Solo
Posts: 260
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:11 pm
Location: The old scaffold warehouse, East 35th. Oakland.

Post by Drake » Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:11 am

"Er... Dave, Angel, Curren... shipmate! Look!" yells Drake pointing at the stone head which seems to be coming to life.
Are we able to astrally perceive in this realm?
If so Drake will quickly glance at the stone head in astral.

Could this be a spirit in this realm? In which case, can they be banished?

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Post by arcanus » Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:59 am

Drake wrote:Could this be a spirit in this realm? In which case, can they be banished?
GM wrote:No Astral Perception is not possible, Sense Magic/Detection/Analysis Spells are fair game however :!:

User avatar
Drake
Solo
Solo
Posts: 260
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:11 pm
Location: The old scaffold warehouse, East 35th. Oakland.

Post by Drake » Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:59 am

GM wrote:No Astral Perception is not possible, Sense Magic/Detection/Analysis Spells are fair game however :!:
Only Fair Game If You've Got The Spells...
"We've got to move!" yelled Drake as his tentacles extended. Three of them hastily wrapped around a tree trunk and propelled him upwards, the fourth performed a quick sweep of the area using it's built in thermal camera, looking for the heat blob that is Nebblesworth.

Any sign of the 'worth?
Perception: 8 5 4 2

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Post by arcanus » Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:53 am

Drake wrote:"We've got to move!" yelled Drake as his tentacles extended. Three of them hastily wrapped around a tree trunk and propelled him upwards, the fourth performed a quick sweep of the area using it's built in thermal camera, looking for the heat blob that is Nebblesworth.
GM wrote:Drone initiative Roll (Base Initiative (Quickness+Intelligence divided by 2 +VCR rating +number of dice equal to VCR, so say his base Initiative is 4 and his VCR 2, his Drone Reaction is 6+3D6)) :?:

User avatar
Drake
Solo
Solo
Posts: 260
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:11 pm
Location: The old scaffold warehouse, East 35th. Oakland.

Post by Drake » Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:56 pm

GM wrote:Drone initiative Roll (Base Initiative (Quickness+Intelligence divided by 2 +VCR rating +number of dice equal to VCR, so say his base Initiative is 4 and his VCR 2, his Drone Reaction is 6+3D6)) :?:
OK, I think I get it. Normal reaction plus the VCR (which is 2)

10 + 4d6. (his normal is 8 + 2d6): 10 (+ 9 + 4 + 3)

Can't remember if you add them all up or if it's 10 plus any successes over the target number...

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Post by arcanus » Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:13 pm

The small form of Frank Drake hurtled around a tree, propelling himself across the clearing and over the fray.
As he scanned the mass of heat, he finally picked out the bulky form of 'Nebs', his form being brutally beaten by several of the serpent men.

As Drake plummeted down, beams straithed out from the heads crystalline eyes, cutting through the snakemen, before finding 'Curren'.
His armour and shielding shone as the energy cascaded across it, a deluge that rapidly threatened to overwhelm the magicians defences, in fact the sight of the energy surging around him was growing in such intensity it threatened to obfuscate him completely.

User avatar
Curren
Magi
Magi
Posts: 515
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:30 pm

Post by Curren » Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:54 pm

'Oh fuck!' Curren exclaims ominously, as he grits his teeth in concentration and the effort of maintaining the sheilding.
Is there anyway I know that I could possibly reflect this energy back towards the head?
Magic Theory: 8 7 4 4 3
I will instruct Derleth to shoot up through the earth and impact with the head. Hopefully this will knock its targeting somewhat off me! Not to engage it though!

User avatar
Curren
Magi
Magi
Posts: 515
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:30 pm

Post by Curren » Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:09 pm

'I can't take much more of this!' he thinks in desperation.

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Post by arcanus » Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:08 pm

Curren's shields became capsulated by the volume of energy erupting from the stone head.
His face beaded with sweat, pain ran through his nerves, however he knew that a single second of doubt and it would cascade through his shields.

Derleth surged through the leafy matter of the ground, striking the totemic head with the shaggering force that only a greater form could muster.
The head shuddered its position moved projecting the beams into the sky, several of the serpent forms disintegrated by their passage.

Curren blinked sweat stinging his eyes, as momentarily the remaining serpent men were stunned by the turn of events.

User avatar
Curren
Magi
Magi
Posts: 515
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:30 pm

Post by Curren » Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:40 pm

With the moments respite Curren assesses the situation.
Where are Nebs and Fitch?
How many serpent men are remaining?
Is the stone head re-adjusting itself?

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Post by arcanus » Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:52 pm

Curren wrote:Where are Nebs and Fitch?
GM wrote:Fitch is leaping around still fighting, Nebs is lying prone, wounded.
How many serpent men are remaining?
GM wrote:Six
Is the stone head re-adjusting itself?
GM wrote:Yes

User avatar
Curren
Magi
Magi
Posts: 515
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:30 pm

Post by Curren » Sun Oct 18, 2009 6:11 pm

Is the stone head re-adjusting itself?

GM wrote: Yes
Curren will not allow this to happen! He instructs Derleth to engulf the base of the head and to turn it around to use its lethal energies on the serpent men who are set to on Nebs and Fitch. (making sure he doesn't catch any of the allies in the beams)
Curren will blink with ascelerity to engage the serpent men around Nebs.

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Post by arcanus » Sun Oct 18, 2009 6:37 pm

Curren wrote:Curren will blink with ascelerity to engage the serpent men around Nebs.
GM wrote:Make a Metaskills Roll?

User avatar
Curren
Magi
Magi
Posts: 515
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:30 pm

Post by Curren » Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:04 pm

GM wrote: Make a Metaskills Roll?
Metaskills: 5 4 4

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Post by arcanus » Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:36 pm

Heads bowed in reverant respect, the clearing erupted in violence and anger once again, Fitch like some demented wind up toy moved from standing still to richocheting around the clearing carving great swathes of pain through the serpent men.

Curren seemed to almost teleport as one of the creatures similarly awakened and darted towards him, moving to a position of readiness to engage the enemy once again.

User avatar
Curren
Magi
Magi
Posts: 515
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:30 pm

Post by Curren » Fri Oct 23, 2009 2:19 pm

What is happening with the stone head now?

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Post by arcanus » Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:58 pm

Curren wrote:What is happening with the stone head now?
GM wrote:Derleth is battling it, however it is trying to turn its way back to casting its gaze upon your party.

User avatar
Curren
Magi
Magi
Posts: 515
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:30 pm

Post by Curren » Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:52 pm

Are the swords still electrified? (Cunning plan brewing)

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Post by arcanus » Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:38 pm

Curren wrote:Are the swords still electrified? (Cunning plan brewing)
Curren wrote:They are indeed.

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Post by arcanus » Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:36 pm

A feral grin crossed Fitch's face, his fish like mouth cracking to display a considerable number of fangs.
The serpent men were down to their last, however the survivors were still formidable and rallying their numbers.

Fitch allowed one to lunge, before slicing up through its face, a spray of arterial blood arced into the air as he sprang out its way.

The great stone head was slowly rotating its way back towards the Soldiers.

User avatar
Curren
Magi
Magi
Posts: 515
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:30 pm

Post by Curren » Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:38 pm

The cockney yells as he brings both Truth and Justice together so that thery are symetrical; and points them at the eyes of the stone head.

'I've 'bout 'ad enough of this!' he bellows, as a huge sheet of electricty channels through the weapons at their aggressor.
Current wrote:Magic: 7* 5 5 5 4 3 3 2 1 1 *Rule of 1 applied
Swords: 20* 13 5 5 4 3 2 2 1 1

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Post by arcanus » Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:03 pm

GM wrote:Sorcery roll? - please.

User avatar
Drake
Solo
Solo
Posts: 260
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:11 pm
Location: The old scaffold warehouse, East 35th. Oakland.

Post by Drake » Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:16 pm

"Crusaders, HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" yells Drake as his spinning sword thwarts another serpentine man.

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Post by arcanus » Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:22 pm

Drake wrote:"Crusaders, HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" yells Drake as his spinning sword thwarts another serpentine man.
GM wrote:Initiative Roll (Including GOI)?

User avatar
Drake
Solo
Solo
Posts: 260
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:11 pm
Location: The old scaffold warehouse, East 35th. Oakland.

Post by Drake » Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:28 pm

GM wrote:Initiative Roll (Including GOI)?
Init Roll: 8 + 11 (get in!) + 2 = 21

User avatar
Curren
Magi
Magi
Posts: 515
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:30 pm

Post by Curren » Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:59 pm

GM wrote:Sorcery roll? - please.
Curren wrote:My apologies! 19 5 5 5 5 4 2 niiice. :)

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest