IC - Axis Umbra Drakus

Journeys into the Realms Arcane to be detailed here.

Moderators: arcanus, Otto

Post Reply
User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1445
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Reverie

Post by arcanus » Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:24 pm

"Tick Tock" said the Grandfather clock, "And the sands of time shall flow away and thus the passing of a life in the blink of an eye!"

User avatar
Drake
Solo
Solo
Posts: 260
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:11 pm
Location: The old scaffold warehouse, East 35th. Oakland.

Post by Drake » Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:50 pm

"Right... Yeah..." mutters Frank to no-one in particular, "Good work fellas, let's rolllll!" he yells to the tentacles.
The one futhest from their destination release and arcs over Frank's body before extending as far as possible and gripping a web intersection. Then the next tentacle, then the next, until all 4 are working in unison moving the diminutive form of Frank swiftly across the web. Aiming for the broken strand of web they move. Release. Stretch. Grab. Release. Stretch. Grab.

User avatar
Drake
Solo
Solo
Posts: 260
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:11 pm
Location: The old scaffold warehouse, East 35th. Oakland.

Post by Drake » Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:13 pm

Moments later, with a new foudn motivation, the tentacled Drake reached the break in the brass web. Quickly scanning the hanging pieces of web, and the square hole, he worked out that 4 broken strands needed to meet in one spot to repair the web.

He shot a quick glance behind to see if any spider-bots were advancing. Most were still ascending their own strands, only a few had made it back and started to skitter towards Drake, but he had time.

Deftly, the 4 tentacles each grabbed a brass strand as Drake held on to the intact web. With the 4 fallen webs back in position, the pattern looked complete, but as soon as he moved the strands would fall away again. He needed to secure them together before heading on to the bell that slowly ticked away.

He rubbed his hands together, taking a moment to compose his thoughts before casting his latest spell. Grabbing hold of 2 strands, either side of the central hub, he cast pure lightning into the brass, hoping the sudden heat will act like an arc-welder and bond the strands together.
As soon as he has cast the spell he casts another, focussing all his concentration into the spells, willing them to meld metal to metal.
First Spell (+4 magic pool) : 13 5 5 5 4 4 3 3 3 2
Second Spell (+4 magic pool): 7 7 5 5 3 3 3 2

(Drain knocked down to a light with karma pool)

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1445
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Ten Rounds to Go

Post by arcanus » Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:21 pm

Like some maniacal welder Frank Drake poured energy into his Lightning spells, the tough brass initially only lit up but the two spells firing into the wire starting the metal began to melt and fuse.
The clockwork spiders quickened their pace, frantically propelling themselves along the web, to deal with the intruder.

Sweat beading upon his brow Drake looked from the spiders to the fusing web to the central glass oval and its mysterious occupant.
GM wrote:Make an Initiative roll (Including GOI) :?: & a Willpower roll :?:

User avatar
Drake
Solo
Solo
Posts: 260
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:11 pm
Location: The old scaffold warehouse, East 35th. Oakland.

Re: Ten Rounds to Go

Post by Drake » Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:03 pm

GM wrote:Make an Initiative roll (Including GOI) :?: & a Willpower roll :?:
Initiative (From memory): (GoI is that 2 now? Grade 2 or 3?!) 15 (i think) Or 16 (if GoI is 3)
Willpowa: 11 10 5 5 4 3 3 3 2

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1445
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

9 Rounds Remaining

Post by arcanus » Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:47 pm

Drake thanked Ferret, as the tentacle spotted a clockwork spider launch itself in full attack mode.
Ducking while keeping himself steady, Frank avoided its assault allowing it to crash into an adjacent strand and then plummeting into the abyss below.

The bronze strands flared white hot, as they continued to fuse, the other spiders continued their rapid advance.

User avatar
Drake
Solo
Solo
Posts: 260
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:11 pm
Location: The old scaffold warehouse, East 35th. Oakland.

Post by Drake » Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:46 am

Drake could sense a shift in the composition of the strands. What were 4 seperate pieces of web were now one. The makeshift weld was holding. He dropped the spells and the glowing hub started to cool instantly.
Strangely, he received a command from Capone. "Duck!"
He ducked as Capone swung out wide and clobbered a spider as it sped up the same web as Drake. The force knocked the spider off it's web and forced it spin a quick safety wire as it dropped. Capone nipped back and deftly snipped the web with it's pincers, causing the spider to drop to the web hanging beneath this one.
Drake had to hope his weld would hold and sped off towards the centre of the web. Tentacles grasping and releasing with increased speed.
All strands of the web met up in the centre, where the bell was. As the strands came to a point, the holes between them shrank. With a though all 4 tentacles arced to form a large wheel. Locking in place, wide enough not to fall through these smaller gaps, the tiny gnome rolled his way swiftly towards the bell.
The tentacles didn't get dizzy, but Drake did! All he could see was web, darkness, web, darkness, web, darkness BELL!

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1445
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

8 Rounds Remaining

Post by arcanus » Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:26 pm

Upon the very top of the web stood the mother, a clockwork creation of great beauty and enormity.
Sensing the laboured clicking struggle of her children she cast her gaze down, mechanical iris's winding to a narrow point, focusing in on the orb propelling itself towards the heart.

A great bladed leg descended, severing through the bronze strands, she ignored the protests of her children, as a section of the web began to utterly collasp, great hatches within her abdomen opened releasing thousands of tiny minimech arachnoids.
Arcanus wrote:Roll against 8D damage & make a pilot/drive roll?

User avatar
Drake
Solo
Solo
Posts: 260
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:11 pm
Location: The old scaffold warehouse, East 35th. Oakland.

Re: 8 Rounds Remaining

Post by Drake » Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:37 pm

Arcanus wrote:Roll against 8D damage & make a pilot/drive roll?
Christ... Going to use 6 combat pool, as it is a tense situation, also going to spend a point of karma to refill my karma pool, and use those 6, plus GoI dice on top of that.
8D: 17 17 11 8 5 5 4 4 4 3 3 3 2 2 2 (6 Hits, so a Light wound)

Pilot/Drive (w rigging pool?): 9 5 4 4 4 3 2

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1445
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

7 Rounds Remaining

Post by arcanus » Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:45 pm

A deluge of tiny metal spiders avalanched down onto Drake's sphere.
He could feel their little drilling mandiples boring into the spheres surface, trying to prize the seems and joints open.

The sphere accelerated as the web strands collasped behind it, however the strands were falling faster than it travelled.
GM wrote:Reaction roll?

User avatar
Drake
Solo
Solo
Posts: 260
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:11 pm
Location: The old scaffold warehouse, East 35th. Oakland.

Re: 7 Rounds Remaining

Post by Drake » Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:49 pm

GM wrote:Reaction roll?
Reaction: With GoI: 15

How far to the centre of the web and the strange bell shaped chamber with the tick tock noise coming from inside?

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1445
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Re: 7 Rounds Remaining

Post by arcanus » Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:09 pm

Drake wrote:How far to the centre of the web and the strange bell shaped chamber with the tick tock noise coming from inside?
GM wrote:500 feet!

User avatar
Drake
Solo
Solo
Posts: 260
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:11 pm
Location: The old scaffold warehouse, East 35th. Oakland.

Post by Drake » Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:29 am

Drake knows he is not allowed to fly in this realm, but he is allowed an almighty punt!
With a short, powerful spell he magically 'kicks' the sphere up and away from the web, towards the centre. As soon as it is airborne he channels another lighning spell into the tentacles which make up the sphere, intending to shock the invading mini-spiders from their perch.
Sorcery for the Punt: 6 5 5 4 4 4 3
Sorcery for the Lightning: 7 5 4 4 3 3 2 2

User avatar
Drake
Solo
Solo
Posts: 260
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:11 pm
Location: The old scaffold warehouse, East 35th. Oakland.

Post by Drake » Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:44 pm

With a mighty, magical "Whooomp" the makeshift sphere launches into the air as if struck by a meta-planar Beckham. The web below blurs by as the launched ball overtakes the corrosion.
Seconds later, the interior of the sphere flickers manically as the lightning leaps and jumps about the ball. Tiny, shocked mechanical spiders jitter and spasm as the massive voltage rips through them, causing them to drop to the expansive brass web below.
Frank quickly looks down at his form as more and more of his body seems to drift away like dust.
The sphere bounces once.... twice.... before slamming into the side of the central bell chamber. All mechanical limbs bend and flex, absorbing most of the impact, before telescopically withdrawing back into themselves.

Drake, thoroughly tired and aching, stumbles and climbs his way into the ticking chamber...

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1445
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Post by arcanus » Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:43 pm

GM wrote:Make an Initiative roll?

User avatar
Drake
Solo
Solo
Posts: 260
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:11 pm
Location: The old scaffold warehouse, East 35th. Oakland.

Post by Drake » Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:20 pm

GM wrote:Make an Initiative roll?
Iniative: 8 + 5 = 13. 13, sir, a thirteen here. 13.

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1445
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Post by arcanus » Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:51 pm

GM wrote:Make a Quickness roll?

User avatar
Drake
Solo
Solo
Posts: 260
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:11 pm
Location: The old scaffold warehouse, East 35th. Oakland.

Post by Drake » Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:28 am

GM wrote:Make a Quickness roll?
Quickness: 7 3 3

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1445
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Post by arcanus » Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:05 pm

The tunnels that Drake entered where sterile metal cylinders, with an unpleasant spiral rifling running they're length.
He moved cautiously, however only instinct warned him in time as long curved blades extended from the tunnel walls, slashing through the sides of his shirt and striking his drone pod sending him careering further down the corridor.
GM wrote:Make a damage resistance test: 5S

User avatar
Drake
Solo
Solo
Posts: 260
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:11 pm
Location: The old scaffold warehouse, East 35th. Oakland.

Post by Drake » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:54 am

GM wrote:Make a damage resistance test: 5S
Can't remember if I'm allowed to use combat pool, and GoI with body rolls... I've included GoI.

Body: 7 5 4 3 3 3 3

Without GoI

Body: 7 5 4 3 3

That's a Moderate then. Pretty much knackered now. He was on at least a Moderate before coming into this tunnel...

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1445
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Post by arcanus » Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:17 pm

Drake wrote:That's a Moderate then. Pretty much knackered now. He was on at least a Moderate before coming into this tunnel...
GM wrote:Karma Pool :?:

User avatar
Drake
Solo
Solo
Posts: 260
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:11 pm
Location: The old scaffold warehouse, East 35th. Oakland.

Post by Drake » Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:25 am

GM wrote:Karma Pool :?:
Karma: 5 5 4 2

Knocks it down to a Light, so I think have taken 8 blocks... Didn't count on a stupid tunnel of doom! Thought getting to the middle was it!

Crafty GM...

User avatar
arcanus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1445
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Generally Universal

Post by arcanus » Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:52 pm

The cavern opened out into a bell shaped chamber, long sinewy ribs extending up the walls.
A misty glass extending between the pillars.

Sat within a cluster of mechanical parts was crouched a mechanical person, resembling a clockwork old man, its head slowly turned regarding Frank Drake.
Its eyes turning and regarding the diminutive figure, before turning back in disinterest.

Drake staggered as a surge of exhaustion washed over him, turning he looked upon the hourglass its sands almost gone.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests